PDA

View Full Version : This is a special one for Motu

Trakxntrials
1st July 2005, 15:34
Glad all those fellas turned up on the 26th. Glad the sun was shining too.

Caught a few of the guys on camera. :ride:

Sorry fellas, I am having trouble reducing the file size of my pictures.
Is there anyone out there that can lend a hand?

Thankyou PQ

And as for this fella throwing his Norton & Triumph around the course like they were little jappa's - I was impressed! :clap:

merv
1st July 2005, 19:02
Looking good.

Trakxntrials
1st July 2005, 20:56
At long last I have finally learnt how to reduced my pics file size :rofl:

So here you are, some more pics.

We had quite a bit of rain the day before the trials. So much so, that one of our sections will still have a couple of markers underwater.
And I wasnt going fishing for them :nono:

Luckily no one "that I am aware of" Fell in!

Motu
1st July 2005, 21:48
Ah,well met Gaynor,your effort for our group,thrown into shambles is invaluable.It was a good turn out for Andy's first attempt at organising a trial,and I'm glad it went ok,we couldn't of asked for better weather.

The rider on the Norton is Carl Garnett,more often seen at Classic road race meetings,he's always fun to have along.I never saw him ridding it,I seemed to be just always a little behind him on the course.I always seem to have trouble with one section...or two - on section 4 I hit the tree as you saw,and never seemed to get it right,but cleaned it in the end,submerged section 5 was fun,but looped on the exit bank on my first attempt,tumbling down the bank,and had to go back and repair my throttle,so didn't go round with Brian as we first planned.

23 points for the day,could of been better,but not bad considering I was recovering from the bot,shifting house and lack of riding.I expected Andy to do much better than me seeing as he layed some of it out,and thought with his 12 points I'd be way down the order,but as usual we are next to each other in the results...so 3rd in Clubmans was good for my day.

Trakxntrials
2nd July 2005, 09:34
It was a good day - and Andy did a great job too. It was his fault that I am now the Sect. of the Auckland region. Well, I shouldnt put it that way - he did ask nicely :).
I enjoy the sport and bikes in general. Couldn't get away from them really, when my brother, my Dad, and most of my family (males) in the UK ride or work on bikes and my boy/f rides & works on them too. So I guess its in my blood. (Inhaled too many petrol fumes when I was a kid probably). I dont want to see the Auckland region fizzle out - so hopefully between me and a few Ol' faithfuls, we will get this up and going again.

So... I take it you will be at the Hamilton meeting too???
I will be - might have a play on the bike too, this time - seeing Im not working - Haha!
And yes, My camera is coming too!

Motu
2nd July 2005, 10:13
I have known Andy for many years,and I know how he ''asks''! It was him who ''told'' me I was going to do trials again,and without his heavy handed approach I might never have got around to it,and I'm glad I did.He ''liberated'' a Triumph tank off me a few weeks ago,I could of got a lot of money for that,how come I ''gave'' it to him,today I bet my narcelle top disapears. (just had a phone call from the man himself,he'll be here in a few minutes on the bludge,I'm gunna give him heaps for cheating in the trial)

NC
2nd July 2005, 10:25
Hey! That looks wicked. I like the Norton :)

But the mosatchio impressed me more Heh :D

Trakxntrials
2nd July 2005, 10:51
No kidding - I actually saw a couple of the "Cheats in action" - not naming names, but they are quite competant riders from the South side of Akld, but hey they are only doing themselves a disfavour - this was only a practice trial - Why cheat??? It is supposed to be fun and a laugh!

Never mind - "**** happens!"

The rest of us enjoyed it though!

Roll on till the next one. Yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee HHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha!

Mr Skid
2nd July 2005, 11:11
Roll on till the next one. Yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee HHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha!On that subject, any ideas when the next one is?
I'm keen to get along and watch Motu do a 'loosebruce' on the TLR again..

Trakxntrials
2nd July 2005, 14:42
At this moment - I cant answer that - if you are referring to Practice Trials - I will have to have a chat with Andy and see. I have had a couple of emails requesting more of them :)))
But Trials in general ...going by my calender...

July 10th B.O.P. Champs - Round 3 - Waikite Valley
July 16th & 17th N.I. Champs - Rounds 9 & 10 - Wellington

and the next one that I will be going to ... is

August 7th Tri-Series - Hamilton - Round 2 (which included the Brian Barnsley Memorial Trial). This is held at Stringfield's Place, - Scotsman Valley Road. Signposted from Hamilton-Morrinsville Highway at Tauwhare Rd. Sign on 10am. Entry $15.00.

Catch up later :)