PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run on me today!

GPXchick
7th June 2011, 20:24
Yep so there you go. i was waiting at the panmure roundabout in the left of the 2 lanes to go right. And the asshole next me decided to rearend me, scratch right up my exhaust, knock me over and take off around the roudabout like nothing had happened. Now i have been riding 3 - 4 months. OMFG:gob: did that just happen i asked myself picking up my bike and looking around in amazement to see other poeples faces like WTF. The lovely lady behind me was freaking out, are you ok etc etc. I was fine ATGATT :D However a bit shaken and now pissed off at the fact i didn't get any details. To my surprise this lady starts yelling out "CCH412 CCH412 that was the bastard that was him" Wow memory recall at its greatest. So it was a people mover (serena i think) Blue and White, Male adult driver of polynesian origins licence plate CCH412.

I couldn't start my bike, I'm guessing it was flooded from being tipped over. So i decided to pull over and let it settle. Now this all started at 4.10pm. Come 5.30 i had enough of waiting and my concern of it being flooded was now becoming a little more sinister. I picked myself up latched my helmet on my backpack and started the push home. 3 km's into my push half of it being UP HILL :( My knight in shining armour (my husband appeared) Demanded i get in the car he will take the bike the rest of the 4 km's home. Begrudgingly i zoomed home in the cage, whipped off all my gear (thank god for that coming off) Shorts and a t and back in the car to go and rerescue hubby and take over again to get my boy home.

And thats where we are now PHEWWWWW. OOOO i must add of the 20 or so bikers that went past. CHE CHE to the 2 who stopped to see if all was ok.

Just started my boy up all ok a big arse scratch and paint marks doen my right hand side exhaust, the indicater had come out. (thats pops back in) All is well the helmet never hit the floor and my jacket, pants and boots all have come out unscathed. So thats the first tarmac i have kissed and I LivE TO TELL THE STORY YAY for that ahy! :ride:

CARS PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR US BIKERS :ride:

PirateJafa
7th June 2011, 20:31
I don't see in this post anywhere where you say you contacted the police regarding this hit and run?

Will make your insurance claim easier too!

DrunkenMistake
7th June 2011, 20:36
It may be possible the cage didnt feel the impact, just sounds as though they skimmed the side of you, either way, good to hear your alight, as said above make sure you contact the police and take plenty of photos for insurance purposes.

Teflon
7th June 2011, 20:37
Typical fucking shitskin - send the fucker back to his own country

gl;ad youre ok

GPXchick
7th June 2011, 20:40
Yeah ummm sorry to leave that bit out all coming to light now i have had a cuppa.

Ummm now bear with me this is strange, a passing patrol pulled over and asked why i was parked on the side median of the panmure RBout. I stated what happened and he looked at me confused and said well, where are the witnesses i said i got this ladies card and obviuously the guy who hit me took off. He looked stumped and almost annoyed to have to deal with the situation and told me to ring or see my community constable............

So after this great ordeal i have to relive it again tomorrow when i go straight to my local cop station before work :) I will let them take some photos as i have found in the past this gets the insurance attention a little better. Thanks all.

The Singing Chef
7th June 2011, 20:45
My baseball bat is ducktaped to my bike for when we pay the fuckhead a visit :yes:

neels
7th June 2011, 20:49
Bugger to hear about another off.

Interested to hear from katman how you could have avoided it. :innocent:

Good to hear you have all the details and a witness, definately go to the cop shop in the morning and make an official complaint.

malfunconz
7th June 2011, 21:10
Yeah ummm sorry to leave that bit out all coming to light now i have had a cuppa.

Ummm now bear with me this is strange, a passing patrol pulled over and asked why i was parked on the side median of the panmure RBout. I stated what happened and he looked at me confused and said well, where are the witnesses i said i got this ladies card and obviuously the guy who hit me took off. He looked stumped and almost annoyed to have to deal with the situation and told me to ring or see my community constable............

So after this great ordeal i have to relive it again tomorrow when i go straight to my local cop station before work :) I will let them take some photos as i have found in the past this gets the insurance attention a little better. Thanks all.

shining example .... lucky he didnt ticket you :shutup:

Dogboy900
7th June 2011, 21:38
Glad you're OK.
It can be a bit unreal getting hit. You almost don't believe it just happened!

Hope insurance pays out too. I hate dealing with those guys!

jaffaonajappa
7th June 2011, 21:49
Glad to hear no damage done and all is well....but DO follow this up with the cops please. Otherwise that 'person' that hit you would have gotten away with knocking over a biker and riding off scott free. Bad stuff.

And if the cops dont bend over backwards to help you - let them know about the appalling service you rec'd from that cop today, and ask them for the copper complaints contact details. That might just wake them up. maybe.

oldrider
7th June 2011, 21:57
Send a copy of your "incident" to Gareth Morgan and ACC! :yes:

shafty
7th June 2011, 22:21
Real sorry to hear about your bad day, - what a total arsehole that driver is!

Of course he would have known he touched you - would be right in front of him. Plus, why was he so close in the first place?

Get on to him Girl, all the best

Shafty :sunny:

p.dath
8th June 2011, 08:07

Bad luck with getting side swiped and knocked over - but even worse that the Police didn't take a statement or look into it further!

Paul in NZ
8th June 2011, 08:12
Please follow up with the Police and let them know that it was a pretty poor show they didnt help a citizen in distress.... Glad you are OK - it can be a scary old world out there and I'm glad at least one person came to your aid.

oneofsix
8th June 2011, 08:21

three shit things to happen. Sideswiped by a dickhead, a cop that thought he saw an easy ticket against a biker only to run away from a real compliant and your bike not starting and having to push it home. :angry:
Looks like you have two complaints to lay with the :Police:, one for the hit and run and the other for the cop not assisting.
Why the fruk did the cop think you were sitting on the medium, cause you thought it was a good place for a picnic?? :facepalm: I bet they say the cop stopped to see if you required an ambo, plausible but obviously crap.
My rant over.
Glad you weren't badly hurt and that the witnesses cared enough to get the rego and check on you etc.

willytheekid
8th June 2011, 09:25
Glad to hear your ok GPXchick.

I stopped to help a young lady in a similar rear end hit and run in ChCh just the other week : http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/138119-Ducati-Down
And I must admit....I had a close one this week with a car locking up behind me at the lights....and one of the few times that I didn't leave myself an exit option*:blink:....not a nice feeling!
Still I can't get over how people could hit someone and drive off :facepalm:
Take care GPXchick, hope everything works out......and karma gets that prick!

*I always leave a large space infront of me & "aim" for the gap beside the car infront....just in case (a just not this time!)

kave
8th June 2011, 09:53
Hi, I stopped to check on you on Ireland Road (red bike), great to hear that your bike is running. Hope the police manage to track down the dickhead that knocked you off, and hope he gets a nasty penalty.

Delerium
8th June 2011, 10:00
Yep so there you go. i was waiting at the panmure roundabout in the left of the 2 lanes to go right. And the asshole next me decided to rearend me, scratch right up my exhaust, knock me over and take off around the roudabout like nothing had happened. Now i have been riding 3 - 4 months. OMFG:gob: did that just happen i asked myself picking up my bike and looking around in amazement to see other poeples faces like WTF. The lovely lady behind me was freaking out, are you ok etc etc. I was fine ATGATT :D However a bit shaken and now pissed off at the fact i didn't get any details. To my surprise this lady starts yelling out "CCH412 CCH412 that was the bastard that was him" Wow memory recall at its greatest. So it was a people mover (serena i think) Blue and White, Male adult driver of polynesian origins licence plate CCH412.

I couldn't start my bike, I'm guessing it was flooded from being tipped over. So i decided to pull over and let it settle. Now this all started at 4.10pm. Come 5.30 i had enough of waiting and my concern of it being flooded was now becoming a little more sinister. I picked myself up latched my helmet on my backpack and started the push home. 3 km's into my push half of it being UP HILL :( My knight in shining armour (my husband appeared) Demanded i get in the car he will take the bike the rest of the 4 km's home. Begrudgingly i zoomed home in the cage, whipped off all my gear (thank god for that coming off) Shorts and a t and back in the car to go and rerescue hubby and take over again to get my boy home.

And thats where we are now PHEWWWWW. OOOO i must add of the 20 or so bikers that went past. CHE CHE to the 2 who stopped to see if all was ok.

Just started my boy up all ok a big arse scratch and paint marks doen my right hand side exhaust, the indicater had come out. (thats pops back in) All is well the helmet never hit the floor and my jacket, pants and boots all have come out unscathed. So thats the first tarmac i have kissed and I LivE TO TELL THE STORY YAY for that ahy! :ride:

CARS PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR US BIKERS :ride:

stolen plate or the person who told you was wrong:
Make: MAZDA
Model: FAMILIA
Year: 1998
Main colour: Silver
Vehicle type: Passenger Car/Van
Body style: Hatchback
No of seats: 5
CC rating: 1,490cc
Fuel type: Petrol
Assembly type: Imported Built-Up
Country of origin: Japan
Gross vehicle mass: 1,405k

Toaster
8th June 2011, 10:17
Bad luck with getting side swiped and knocked over - but even worse that the Police didn't take a statement or look into it further!

Given that it was historical and the offender had left the constable did the right thing and referred her to a local station.

However for anyone involved in a crash, always call the police and request attendance at the time of the crash. It may be that the offending driver has, no licence, insurance etc. If they are able to attend, at least they can take appropriate action against the driver by way of prosecution or infringement, which all looks good for insurance too.

Usarka
8th June 2011, 10:34
Given that it was historical and the offender had left the constable did the right thing and referred her to a local station.

However for anyone involved in a crash, always call the police and request attendance at the time of the crash. It may be that the offending driver has, no licence, insurance etc. If they are able to attend, at least they can take appropriate action against the driver by way of prosecution or infringement, which all looks good for insurance too.

I'm not so sure about this logic in this instance, or I'm not sure I agree with the policy.

What you're saying (or how it's read) is that people shouldn't call the cops in a hit and run because the perp has left the scene. ??

Toaster
8th June 2011, 11:07
I'm not so sure about this logic in this instance, or I'm not sure I agree with the policy.

What you're saying (or how it's read) is that people shouldn't call the cops in a hit and run because the perp has left the scene. ??

No not at all. If people can call police, do so straight away so they can send an available car if one is free. Best policy for anyone is to call so all drivers involved can be spoken to at the scene and at the time of the incident. Best for prosections and best for insurance.

But if you left the scene, was unhurt and everyone else involved had also left then there may not be much point, as they will unlikely send anyone in those circumstances since there really is little they can do that a watchhouse at a local station couldn't do in the circumstances.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear.

jaffaonajappa
8th June 2011, 16:27
No not at all. If people can call police, do so straight away so they can send an available car if one is free. Best policy for anyone is to call so all drivers involved can be spoken to at the scene and at the time of the incident. Best for prosections and best for insurance.

But if you left the scene, was unhurt and everyone else involved had also left then there may not be much point, as they will unlikely send anyone in those circumstances since there really is little they can do that a watchhouse at a local station couldn't do in the circumstances.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear.

Would they turn up if you told them you just spotted a bike on the side of the road with an expired Rego?

Toaster
8th June 2011, 21:09
Would they turn up if you told them you just spotted a bike on the side of the road with an expired Rego?

Lets just leave that for parking wardens..... :blink:

GPXchick
9th June 2011, 15:23
First and foremost THANK YOU KAVE. for stopping to assist that night in IReland road.

My local coppers are EXTREMELY dissapointed with the officer for not taking my statement at the scene. I should have got his badge number supposidly :blink:

Long story short, not much that can be done, the licence plate the lady yelled to me i think she made a mistake. Ok looking back i think this is what happened

Picture 2 lanes in an entrance to the roundabout both turning right. I am in the left lane and the people pmover in the right. He turned the sterring wheel hard left to change lanes, in a moment of DUH, decided to stay put to the right saw a gap and floored it to make it on to the busy roundB FORGETTING his wheel are now facin his 2 tonne vehicle towards me also patiently waiting to go onto the Roundabout.

I can't explain why he took off after seeing me/ or not seeing me Lying on the middle of the road on Auckland busiest Motorway.

Oh well all is well, My Boy is running fine the right Exhaust has a big scratch and paint markings, also been pushed a little in towards the bike body itself. the other exhaust has minor scratchings from hitting the road. Meh, 6th gear still works fine :yes::innocent::woohoo:

Hellzie
9th June 2011, 15:41
Great to hear you and GPX are ok!!! Crazy driver, there's so many of them. I almost got pushed off the motorway yesterday by a taxi van. Lucky I was in a cage as I had to go off the motorway and onto the shoulder. Some people just don't look, it's as simple as that.

imdying
9th June 2011, 15:49
Long story short, not much that can be done, the licence plate the lady yelled to me i think she made a mistake.People are creatures of habit, wait there at the same time of day for a few days, good chance you'll spot him. If you kick his car he'll get out, and that'll give you a chance to use the battery acid.

Mogwa
23rd July 2011, 09:46
:gob:coming off that way so early in your riding really sux. Glad that you and bike are ok and respect for the big push home.

meteor
23rd July 2011, 15:07
Disagree a bit with above, cop could have at lest gotten out to make sure you were ok, reassurance, call a towie, ambo if needed etc etc. To just bugger off isn't the 'service' I'd expect.

If the plate was wrong did you think you could camp out on the same day and time the following week to see if he drives through again? Long shot but what's half an hour or so against the cost of a new can... he deserves to be held accountable.

Pixie
25th July 2011, 11:07

Actually no.
The C**T left her in a dangerous situation,with a disabled bike on a median strip on a busy road.

But you blue fuckers have to stick together,don't you

Waxxa
25th July 2011, 11:58
over the years I have had a few cagers come a bit to close for comfort at traffic lights and roundabouts, so now when I have stopped and traffic is approaching from behind, I now start pumping my brakes (brake light flashes) and I have found that this makes the cagers stop further away :yes:

imdying
25th July 2011, 12:26
People are creatures of habit, wait there at the same time of day for a few days, good chance you'll spot him. If you kick his car he'll get out, and that'll give you a chance to use the battery acid.

I am telling you, revenge is a dish best served cold.

He'll have forgotten. He'll be using that route again. He'll be in his car thinking he is nice and safe.

Kick the car. He'll get out to confront you.

Then thrust the container of battery acid into his face.

You can get the acid with any cheap bike battery... just ask them not to fill it as you'll not be using it for a few months.

Do it. Kill him. Or at least try, like he tried. Do it.

Indiana_Jones
25th July 2011, 16:01
I am telling you, revenge is a dish best served cold.

He'll have forgotten. He'll be using that route again. He'll be in his car thinking he is nice and safe.

Kick the car. He'll get out to confront you.

Then thrust the container of battery acid into his face.

You can get the acid with any cheap bike battery... just ask them not to fill it as you'll not be using it for a few months.

Do it. Kill him. Or at least try, like he tried. Do it.

That is some fucked up shit lol.

-Indy