PDA

View Full Version : another nice cop.

motelbob
1st July 2005, 18:52
got pulled up on h/way 16 doing 145km . couldnt believe he just gave me a warning. he was a real nice guy. just gave me a very short polite lecture about speeding and that was that. funny thing was that about 2 km down the road (I was riding very slowly in a "shit that was close "mode) I went round a bend which Id normally take at around 90-100 km/hr only to find a 10mtr wide patch of newly laid cow shit across both sides of the road where a cocky had just put his herd across. the copper had basically saved my arse cause if i hadnt been riding so slow there was no way in hell I would have stayed on board. lucky. sorry news about stonechucker.hope he s ok. sort of shows you never know whats round the next bend. safe riding all. cheers

Bonez
1st July 2005, 18:58
Goes to show they're all not out to "get" m/cist like some here would think. Cow shit is evil evil stuff alright.

Patch
1st July 2005, 19:10
Ah the good ole country cop. Hard to find these days. Most of them don't know what discretion means, especially the new breed that are gracing OUR roads collecting the revenue for Ms. Cluck.

Lucky for you mate, your day could really have turned to shit - either way.

:ride:

Coyote
1st July 2005, 19:11
Goes to show they're all not out to "get" m/cist like some here would think. Cow shit is evil evil stuff alright.
So is cement dust :pinch:

placidfemme
1st July 2005, 19:12
It's good to hear about the few good cops left out there... everything happens for a reason :)

Grizz
1st July 2005, 19:41
got pulled up on h/way 16 doing 145km . couldnt believe he just gave me a warning. he was a real nice guy. just gave me a very short polite lecture about speeding and that was that. funny thing was that about 2 km down the road (I was riding very slowly in a "shit that was close "mode) I went round a bend which Id normally take at around 90-100 km/hr only to find a 10mtr wide patch of newly laid cow shit across both sides of the road where a cocky had just put his herd across. the copper had basically saved my arse cause if i hadnt been riding so slow there was no way in hell I would have stayed on board. lucky. sorry news about stonechucker.hope he s ok. sort of shows you never know whats round the next bend. safe riding all. cheers

Nice one, could you just imagine the residents of Peak road if they heard about this :mad: :yes:

Matt Bleck
1st July 2005, 19:47
145KM!!! and you got away with a warning!! Mate he could have locked you up, taken your licence and even worse your bike!! I'd be buying a lotto ticket if I were you. :yes:

Fart
1st July 2005, 20:49
Another good cop. :clap:

These good cops should be given a KB medal. Right, where can I get my hands on these KB medals?

motelbob
1st July 2005, 21:19
maybe just shout them a VB instead

jaybee180
1st July 2005, 22:05

Thanks for posting that - nice to see recognition of the good ones too!! They are out there you know!

zeRax
1st July 2005, 22:29
bet you were packing urself when u stopped, probably appreciated you stopping :P

scumdog
1st July 2005, 23:36
Got to watch that kind of publicity, last time I mentioned 'warning' bike riders for their speed I got negative comments about "inconsistancy" and "did it make you feel good?".
Best to just give them the ticket, no negative comments then, right?

spudchucka
2nd July 2005, 07:02
145KM!!! and you got away with a warning!! Mate he could have locked you up, taken your licence and even worse your bike!! I'd be buying a lotto ticket if I were you. :yes:
In a 100kph area? No!

Not unless other circumstances existed that made that speed particularly dangerous at that time.

Even then it wouldn't end up in a 28 day licence suspension and vehicle impound, just a dangerous driving charge, which you coould be arrested for or summonsed.

marty
2nd July 2005, 12:37
well not yet anyway, spud.

what i want to know, where are all the people off the other 'good cop' thread, who are saying all cops are fuckwits, now?

hXc
2nd July 2005, 13:23
Shit you got away lucky mate. Cow shit...Could of been a pretty sticky situation :rofl:

spudchucka
2nd July 2005, 20:15

what i want to know, where are all the people off the other 'good cop' thread, who are saying all cops are fuckwits, now?
There are some good changes but I'm not that chuffed about the +40kph loss of licence business, I didn't think there was anything wrong with +50kph as a reasonable threshold.

Anyone who doesn't yet know, as of January 2006 you will get a 28 day loss of licence for speeding at greater than +40kph over the posted speed limit.

Drew
3rd July 2005, 12:40
... everything happens for a reason :)
Thats very deep, a touch of religion in that statement, do I detect?

Drew
3rd July 2005, 12:43

I'm here!I got no problem with cops tho, I got a big problem with highway snakes.

Zed
3rd July 2005, 13:05
Thats very deep, a touch of religion in that statement, do I detect?Doesn't have to be *religion* FMan, you either believe (like yourself) that everything happens by chance or luck, or believe like Placid, myself, and many others, that everything does happen for a reason!

I was gonna say Motelbob, surely you don't think that the copper stopping you before the 'poo death trap' was merely coincidental?

Blackbird
3rd July 2005, 16:04
got pulled up on h/way 16 doing 145km . couldnt believe he just gave me a warning. he was a real nice guy. just gave me a very short polite lecture about speeding and that was that.

There's a lot of it about. :Punk: As soon as I've finished this post, I'll write up an experience I had today, called "Where are all the bikes then?"

Motel Bob: Here's an RF 900 pencil sketch if it's any good to you. Found it on the 'net a few years ago.

Cheers

Geoff

Beemer
3rd July 2005, 16:43
It's great that you guys are meeting nice cops and getting off tickets, but spare some sympathy for my husband! A couple of years ago he pulled into some small Taranaki town at about 11pm. There was no one around and he slowed from 100kph but not quickly enough - he noticed the cop parked on the opposite side of the road and realised he was still doing about 60. Sure enough, the lights go on and the guy pulls him up. Starts talking about what a nice bike he has and is it an ex-cop bike (hell no!), etc. so he thinks "I may just have got away with it" - until he asks for his licence and gives him a ticket for doing 61kph in a 50 zone! By that stage he was convinced he was going to just get a warning!

Lou Girardin
4th July 2005, 09:53

Not yet he can't. Walking speed is still 50 over. Sounds like it might have been one of the Rodney cops, not HP.

marty
4th July 2005, 09:59

yet another posting of uninformed dribble....

Drew
4th July 2005, 16:10
Doesn't have to be *religion* FMan, you either believe (like yourself) that everything happens by chance or luck, or believe like Placid, myself, and many others, that everything does happen for a reason!
You got me all wrong, I was having a larf, I don't give the destiny thing much thought so I don't have a real opinion. I don't take anything seriously enough to have a real dig at someone, let me demonstrate... :motu: :rofl:
p.s. Were I to be having a dig, could I say something about condesention perhaps?

Lou Girardin
4th July 2005, 16:54
On the subject of the '50 over and walk' rule. Why is 150 km/h on an empty, straight road as dangerous as 100 km/h in the 'burbs?
Shouldn't it have been exceeding the limit by a certain percentage?
I sure wouldn't argue with 200 k's being the cut-off on the open road.
Except for my basic objection to cops acting as prosecutor and Judge, that is.

scumdog
4th July 2005, 18:06
On the subject of the '50 over and walk' rule. Why is 150 km/h on an empty, straight road as dangerous as 100 km/h in the 'burbs?
I sure wouldn't argue with 200 k's being the cut-off on the open road.
Except for my basic objection to cops acting as prosecutor and Judge, that is.

You are of course quite at liberty to front up in Court and defend the charge....

scumdog
4th July 2005, 18:08

'Cos the politicians that the majority (you?) voted into power decided it was as dangerous. :weird:

DEATH_INC.
4th July 2005, 18:35
There are some good changes but I'm not that chuffed about the +40kph loss of licence business, I didn't think there was anything wrong with +50kph as a reasonable threshold.

Anyone who doesn't yet know, as of January 2006 you will get a 28 day loss of licence for speeding at greater than +40kph over the posted speed limit.
So if I'm gonna do 141 I may as well do 241 right? Does it make much difference?

Congrats on getting a good copper,they're pretty few and far between nowadays so make sure you show your appreciation :niceone:

Zed
4th July 2005, 22:12
Well I made some "enquires" and yes Zed.. it was our good friend Axxx.

However he did say that even he (Bike nut cop that had a Ducati a wee while ago) is wearing a bit thin with bikes going a bit too quick. He dont mind people opening it up and having a bit of fun, hell he does it himself sometimes...... but keep it reasonably sane. Yeah Glen, I briefly thought about him when I first read through this thread, lol i didn't even click at the time that it was motelbob from *Wellsford*!!!

That cop is one of the good guys! He helped me out last year when I binned my CBR6 on the road to Maungawhai, picked me and my bike up in a trailer, took me back to his house where I drank his coffee and used his phone to toll call my wife to the rescue. :doctor:

Ixion
4th July 2005, 22:15
Yeah Glen, I briefly thought about him when I first read through this thread, lol i didn't even click at the time that it was motelbob from *Wellsford*!!!

That cop is one of the good guys! He helped me out last year when I binned my CBR6 on the road to Maungawhai, picked me and my bike up in a trailer, took me back to his house where I drank his coffee and used his phone to toll call my wife to the rescue. :doctor:

I've heard good things about the local copper there (community constable? not sure). Pity we can't give him some good rep with his bosses somehow .
Anyone think of a way ? (Obviously a letter saying he's a good guy cos he lets biker's off would be counter productive)

Zed
4th July 2005, 22:23
I've heard good things about the local copper there (community constable? not sure). Pity we can't give him some good rep with his bosses somehow .
Anyone think of a way ? (Obviously a letter saying he's a good guy cos he lets biker's off would be counter productive)I revisited the scene of the accident last year about 4 weeks after the event, and who should be driving up that same road in full uniform and a marked police car but that cop. It felt strange as I extended my arm out to wave to this passing police vehicle and then to see him pull over in front of me, get out, and come over and have a chat about life for 20 mins.:spudwave: :spudwow: :Police: Like I say, one of the good guys!

Spose we could send him a nice box of chocolates with a card saying "thank you from the SH16 biker community!!" ...on 2nd thoughts :no:

Lou Girardin
5th July 2005, 08:23
'Cos the politicians that the majority (you?) voted into power decided it was as dangerous. :weird:

Not me baby! As for it being dangerous, see the innumerable posts on that subject.

Lou Girardin
5th July 2005, 08:24
[QUOTE=Zed
Spose we could send him a nice box of chocolates with a card saying "thank you from the SH16 biker community!!" ...on 2nd thoughts :no:[/QUOTE]

That'll get him sacked. Fraternising with the enemy or some such.