PDA

View Full Version : Hot, damp thighs

MikeL
11th December 2003, 10:55
Rode out to Howick this morning. 100% humidity, about 24 degrees, in my leather pants, stop-start in heavy traffic, feeling the engine heat on my legs and thighs. Quite uncomfortable. Was very sticky when I got back.
Just thought I would share that with you. Apologies to anyone who expected something different.
:p

wkid_one
11th December 2003, 11:04
Now that is one pleasantry of motorbiking I WON'T miss

georgedubyabush
11th December 2003, 11:27
As long as you arent asking for advice on Canisten Cream:D

jrandom
11th December 2003, 11:39
Mike, you need some decent breathable synthetics with CE armour for summer, mate. Does the trick for me, no better than leathers when standing still but as soon as you get a bit of a breeze while moving... ahhhh...

All you have to worry about *then* is the old 'First Cold Trickle Into the Underpants' sensation on rainy days...

bikerboy
11th December 2003, 13:38
Try rubber underpants, nice and dry plus you'll arrive with a smile on your face! :eek:

ManDownUnder
11th December 2003, 14:18
Warm wet thighs and dribbles in the daks...

This conversation has POTENTIAL... :whistle:

MDU

merv
14th December 2003, 18:58
Sounds like you guys in Auckland need to wear Huggies or Treasures or something like that to stay dry.

babyB
14th December 2003, 19:07
Warm wet thighs and dribbles in the daks...

This conversation has POTENTIAL... :whistle:

MDU

agrees & will sit in corner for fear of incriminating myself

PZR
14th December 2003, 19:11
Sounds like you guys in Auckland need to wear Huggies or Treasures or something like that to stay dry.

You may be right. We often crap ourselves with all the awful drivers scaring us so badly here in Auckland and piss ourselves laughing about how we are geting the rest of the country to help pay to sort out Auckland traffic

marty
15th December 2003, 08:26
i got wet the other day just so i could say - 'i need to go for a ride to dry off my leathers...........'

don't you just hate it how pants (esp. jeans) only get wet on the top of the thigh and the crutch area, while the rest stay relatively dry? it seems in the waikato we are getting more auckland weather down here all the time - it rains every friggin day at the moment. i need to mow the lawns for the 2nd time this week!

ManDownUnder
15th December 2003, 12:45
agrees & will sit in corner for fear of incriminating myself

I think you just did... but that might ean I just did too...

oh what the hell! Go for gold.
MDU