PDA

View Full Version : Helmet crash card

Zadkiel
10th June 2011, 11:19
This looks like a really good idea. Anything than can save the paramedics time and help them doing their job is a good thing.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/RidingEvents/ridingeventsresults/Riding-skills/2011/June/jun0911-crash-card-every-helmet-should-have-one/

awa355
10th June 2011, 11:25
The first place most emergency workers would look would be your wallet/pockets.

A good idea though, any info an unconscious patient can have found on him has to be good. for him.

SILVER SUZI
10th June 2011, 14:41
Not a completely new idea, but not a bad one.
My revit leathers have a tag just inside the zip with two lines. One for your name and one for your BLOOD TYPE!

steve_t
10th June 2011, 14:46
I thought it was advisable to not remove the helmet unless necessary in case they have injured their neck

awa355
10th June 2011, 15:09
I thought it was advisable to not remove the helmet unless necessary in case they have injured their neck

If a rider is conscious, breathing ok, and responding to voice, dont remove his helmet unneccessaryly. He may still have neck/head injuries that are not obvious.

I spent several years as an Ambulance officer, and most life threatening injuries are out of sight. Even a critically injured rider may not be aware of the extent of his injuries. Often, only by,continued observation of his condition,( BP,pulse, level of consciousness/responsiveness, etc), can a internal injury show itself. Internal bleeding is a prime example.

I should carry a card with my blood type, medical conditions etc on me, but procrastination is a wonderful thing. Leaves me something to do tomorrow

nodrog
10th June 2011, 15:18
The first place most emergency workers would look would be your wallet/pockets. .

Only if you crash in Norfland.