PDA

View Full Version : latest ticket

Redstar
1st July 2005, 23:04
how this then $150 fine for (use of headlight into oncoming)
main beam onto oncoming .... guilty as charged .. raining, dark, no left white line, twisty, at least i should have got a discount for only having one headlight. Traffic cops are tossers bar SPUD....

zeRax
1st July 2005, 23:15
ouch, mean thing for them to pick up on :O, but then noone likes being blinded ;)

Zed
1st July 2005, 23:16
main beam onto oncoming .... guilty as charged .. raining, dark, no left white line, twisty, at least i should have got a discount for only having one headlight. Traffic cops are tossers bar SPUD....Sorry bud but you deserve it, the cop has done no wrong. Every safe driver/rider knows that you dip your headlights for oncoming vehicles, friggen dangerous otherwise. :eek5:

thehollowmen
2nd July 2005, 00:21
Sorry bud but you deserve it, the cop has done no wrong. Every safe driver/rider knows that you dip your headlights for oncoming vehicles, friggen dangerous otherwise. :eek5:

I have a problem with this.
I've been asked by two cops lately to dip my headlights. They're as low as the settings let them go, but when I ride two up, they're still blinding to oncoming traffic.

AND they're dipped.

And I can't turn them off.
oh well.. no biggy.

Zed
2nd July 2005, 03:22
I've been asked by two cops lately to dip my headlights. They're as low as the settings let them go, but when I ride two up, they're still blinding to oncoming traffic.

AND they're dipped.

oh well.. no biggy.The difference though is that they're dipped as opposed to on full beam! If a cop fined you for that there would be an argument against it...and like you say you have only been 'warned' so far. If they are as low as the settings allow and yet still blinding other drivers you may have to get them modified?

eliot-ness
2nd July 2005, 03:30
Have you checked to make sure they are not right hand dip.????????

spudchucka
2nd July 2005, 06:57
main beam onto oncoming .... guilty as charged .. raining, dark, no left white line, twisty, at least i should have got a discount for only having one headlight. Traffic cops are tossers bar SPUD....
I'm not a traffic cop!

Bonez
2nd July 2005, 08:27
Sorry bud but you deserve it, the cop has done no wrong. Every safe driver/rider knows that you dip your headlights for oncoming vehicles, friggen dangerous otherwise. :eek5: Lets not forget at night there is plenty of warning of on coming traffic as well.

inlinefour
2nd July 2005, 09:09

But if your riding with your head light on full beam into on coming traffic then you have a fucking total attitude problem. By the sounds of it you feel justified in doing it??? Feck sakes, some people just should not be allowed on NZ roads let alone own a bike!!!!! :finger: :finger: :finger:

inlinefour
2nd July 2005, 09:10

AND they're dipped.

oh well.. no biggy.

Adjust you headlight, quite simple...

Motu
2nd July 2005, 09:11
Have you checked to make sure they are not right hand dip.????????

A friend of mine just failed a late model Daytona for left hand drive headlamps (right dip) He told the owner to take it back to AMPS - and they knew about it!! Duh,they are selling bikes new off the floor they know have the wrong headlamps????

inlinefour
2nd July 2005, 09:29
A friend of mine just failed a late model Daytona for left hand drive headlamps (right dip) He told the owner to take it back to AMPS - and they knew about it!! Duh,they are selling bikes new off the floor they know have the wrong headlamps????

I wonder if they sold it with a new WOF, if so how dodgey is that?

merv
2nd July 2005, 09:35
I'm not a traffic cop!

Yeah the way you talk on here you wouldn't have the right personality for the job.

inlinefour
2nd July 2005, 09:38
Yeah the way you talk on here you wouldn't have the right personality for the job.

Your an expert? :weird:

ajturbo
2nd July 2005, 12:18
wow...

lets all abuse everyone eh?... right who's next??

i know ... that tosser mud_boy...
you wait untill i see him next... kick his little arse...

get in the ring
get in the ring
get in the ring
get in the ring

G'n'R

hXc
2nd July 2005, 12:28
I have no sympathy for you. If you don't dip your lights for on-coming vehicles then you must be a complete tosser. You wouldn't like it if someone was coming towards you with their lights on full blinding the fuck out of you. Why do it to them?

Justice is served. Maybe you should think next time. Yes it was dark etc but if a vehicle is coming towards you then you can see on their lights a little too.

That's my say anyway.

inlinefour
2nd July 2005, 13:02
I have no sympathy for you. If you don't dip your lights for on-coming vehicles then you must be a complete tosser. You wouldn't like it if someone was coming towards you with their lights on full blinding the fuck out of you. Why do it to them?

Justice is served. Maybe you should think next time. Yes it was dark etc but if a vehicle is coming towards you then you can see on their lights a little too.

That's my say anyway.

We are all responsible for riding to the conditions. We are responsible for having consideration for all the other road users also. So many people complain about cagers and the stupid things that they do, along with attitudes towards bikes. However this sort of thing just will fuel the crap that we have to go through if dumbarses on bikes are riding around with their full beam on all the time. There was another thread a while ago (not sure if it was the same rider though) and that person thought they where justified also. There is no excuse for being a fucktard on the road, no matter the form of transportation. Either sort out the attitude or get off our roads :nono:

thehollowmen
2nd July 2005, 13:10
Adjust you headlight, quite simple...

I have
they're set as low as they go but are still blinding.
I could put bling bling giant sunglasses on my bike but... I don't wanna.

What other options are there? :-P

inlinefour
2nd July 2005, 14:31
I have
they're set as low as they go but are still blinding.
I could put bling bling giant sunglasses on my bike but... I don't wanna.

What other options are there? :-P

But I'd be taking the bike to the local dealer to sort it out...

Virago
2nd July 2005, 15:21
Can we just clarify this - by driving with your lights on high beam, your attitude to your fellow road-users is "f**k you". You are now seeking sympathy from those very same road users, after the error of your ways is drawn to you attention?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thehollowmen
2nd July 2005, 22:45
But I'd be taking the bike to the local dealer to sort it out...
I did
asked them to look into it at the 1000 km service last week, got stopped by another cop that night.
And one tonight too

*tears hair out*

SuperDave
2nd July 2005, 23:42

Sounds like you intentionally left your lights/light on high beem whilst passing oncoming traffic, if that is the case then you are completely in the wrong mate no pity here.

Although I feel it is underserved if it was a mistake and you didn't realise that you had your high beam on as I am sure its happened to myself as well as others here I would assume where it takes one or two cars to pass until one realises, 'shit I still have my high beam on' and dips them off accordingly.

Lou Girardin
4th July 2005, 10:20

DID we know about it? Or did they owner THINK we knew about it.
BTW we don't import the bikes, Triumph NZ do.

Wolf
4th July 2005, 11:22
It's a right royal pain on wet nights (or at night in general) having to dip your lights for oncoming traffic and somehow get by with the pitiful low beam for the duration, but it's even more a pain being dazzled by someone's high beam.

I feel a total dork if I forget to dip my lights and get flashed by the annoyed motorist so I tend to be quick off the mark when it comes to dipping my lights.

That being said - I have my "arsehole" side too... I'll quite happily flick my lights back onto full and keep them on until the other bastard dips his/her lights if they don't dip them in a timely fashion. I find in such cases they dip their lights pretty quickly, perhaps they underestimated the power of a bike's headlight and thought "fuck it, it's only a biker I'm blinding, what can he do to me anyway? he's only got one light." They certainly notice I'm there and get the hint.

I don't, however, underestimate the power of a bike's headlight so I dip mine as quickly as possible (who the fuck wants a cage travelling at 100+ km/h straying into their lane because the driver can't see where he/she's going?).

Ixion
4th July 2005, 11:42
It's a right royal pain on wet nights (or at night in general) having to dip your lights for oncoming traffic and somehow get by with the pitiful low beam for the duration, but it's even more a pain being dazzled by someone's high beam.

I feel a total dork if I forget to dip my lights and get flashed by the annoyed motorist so I tend to be quick off the mark when it comes to dipping my lights.

That being said - I have my "arsehole" side too... I'll quite happily flick my lights back onto full and keep them on until the other bastard dips his/her lights if they don't dip them in a timely fashion. I find in such cases they dip their lights pretty quickly, perhaps they underestimated the power of a bike's headlight and thought "fuck it, it's only a biker I'm blinding, what can he do to me anyway? he's only got one light." They certainly notice I'm there and get the hint.

I don't, however, underestimate the power of a bike's headlight so I dip mine as quickly as possible (who the fuck wants a cage travelling at 100+ km/h straying into their lane because the driver can't see where he/she's going?).

150 watts total on dip ain't too dim. Especially as you have his lights as well.

I'm VERY conscious of dipping main beams, cos the Whale's are very very bright. But I usually only use main beam on teh open road, and you mostly get a fair bit warning of oncoming traffic.

I do hate coming round a corner in a twisty bit and find a cage coming toward me (especially uphill_) with his main beams on. I always stuff up my approach to the next corner then.