PDA

View Full Version : What's the best deal for unlimited internet?

racefactory
13th June 2011, 16:32
Internet is too fast and getting sick of being billed outrageous amounts for these unscrupulous data caps they impose (fuck'em to hell).

4 people in the house. Will blow 80gb in a month without trying easily so need to know what's the best option for unlimited or near to it. Is there such a thing as unlimited these days? I know there was back in the day couple years ago but thought those plans are all extinct now?

Cheers guys.

sil3nt
13th June 2011, 17:00
www.xnet.co.nz

I think our plan is something like $35 base cost + $1 per GB. (give or take a dollar on those values)

Unfortunately their sign up page isn't working like it used to but give them a call see if they still have the plan.

*edit*
Actually looking at their pages it might be $40 base cost. I dunno haven't got a bill on me.

*edit2*
good old usage meter

jaffaonajappa
13th June 2011, 17:02
Finding a neighbourhood where someones wireless is not password protected...

Or...slingshot have all you can eat for $80 per month.

racefactory
13th June 2011, 20:46
80 bucks for unlimited? Sounds too good to be true... cheers man I'll check it out.

bogan
13th June 2011, 20:54
Finding a neighbourhood where someones wireless is not password protected...

you sure? they had stopped taking new customers on as of 2-3 months ago.

Gubb
13th June 2011, 20:56
I'm on this one, gotta include a landline rental too through. $129 all up per month.

racefactory
13th June 2011, 21:01
Nup can't find it on website, looks like it's not available any more.

jaffaonajappa
13th June 2011, 22:53
argh, your right. Sorry :weep:

Oblivion
14th June 2011, 11:19
My brothers on the all you can eat plan in his flat at Palmy. Apparently its like getting internet from an IV drip. Its that slow.

jaffaonajappa
14th June 2011, 18:06
My brothers on the all you can eat plan in his flat at Palmy. Apparently its like getting internet from an IV drip. Its that slow.

Really?
Tell him to get his lines checked.....or to check how many people are accesing it lol.

Im downloading 1gb movies one per hour. Getting them Allllll before that law change kicks in.

ducatilover
14th June 2011, 18:17
Slingshot use shared lines, so when other people are on it, it gets slower :(

bogan
14th June 2011, 18:35
Really?
Tell him to get his lines checked.....or to check how many people are accesing it lol.

Im downloading 1gb movies one per hour. Getting them Allllll before that law change kicks in.

through p2p? my brother is also on that plan and gets about 20kBps download I think, maybe it's just palmy

Oblivion
14th June 2011, 18:43
through p2p? my brother is also on that plan and gets about 20kBps download I think, maybe it's just palmy

I thinks so too. :yes:

He just loves coming home to fast internet. And roasts :drool:

Sable
14th June 2011, 18:49
That is heinously slow IMHO. Not much better than dial up.

bogan
14th June 2011, 19:09
That is heinously slow IMHO. Not much better than dial up.

yeh, they heavily traffic shape any known file sharing shit, but normal browsing and youtube etc are good. For them to stop accepting new user it must mean a lot of people still manage to pull through a lot of data though!

jaffaonajappa
14th June 2011, 19:23

Yeah, he needs to get that checked.

My torrents usually DL around 600 KBps. While I surf youtube too etc.
slingshot $80 deal....normal copper phone lines....north shore based.

racefactory
15th June 2011, 11:33
So what's the best deal for around 60gb internet at the moment?

racefactory
15th June 2011, 11:34
So what's a good option for around 60gb internet at the moment? What are people using and how much?

Slicksta
21st June 2011, 23:10
Snap are good I am paying $95 per month for 55gig on Naked ADSL (no phoneline required)
http://www.snap.net.nz/