PDA

View Full Version : Employers beware this is the future

Brian d marge
14th June 2011, 15:28
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6O7ztCDXo4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nuts I just remembered Im self employed ,,,,,, oh well

Stephen

marty
14th June 2011, 15:42
yeah, but are they truly happy?

Big Dave
14th June 2011, 16:41
I get paid to ride new motorcycles. Fuck 'em.

pzkpfw
14th June 2011, 16:46

And is it as much just to make them work longer hours by not wanting to leave the office?

mashman
14th June 2011, 20:54
and they get paid too... :rofl:, nightmare... couldn't work there :shit: We used to have the pub downstairs for afternoon meetings :2thumbsup (sometimes on the company too)

jaffaonajappa
14th June 2011, 21:33
Ha. Reminds me of my mate in the Airforce. No shyte - almost the same perks......except for two things.
The massages were not company endorsed, but usually had happy endings, apparantly.
The Air Farce paid less. Them google guys are probably on a reasonable pay scale :P

Brian d marge
14th June 2011, 21:47
I get paid to ride new motorcycles. Fuck 'em.

Did that for 20 years .....nearly ruined motorcycles for me

No ...sniggering but I looked over the mountain top ..and I seeeen the promised land and fell in love with Enfields

and its been a happy downhill slide ever since

Stephen

mashman
14th June 2011, 21:48
Ha. Reminds me of my mate in the Airforce. No shyte - almost the same perks......except for two things.
The massages were not company endorsed, but usually had happy endings, apparantly.
The Air Farce paid less. Them google guys are probably on a reasonable pay scale :P

perhaps google should consider installing flight simulators...

DangerMice
14th June 2011, 22:09
And is it as much just to make them work longer hours by not wanting to leave the office?

You're on the money there, that's exactly what's it for. A lot of that shit has been rolled back in recent times too. Don't think the food is free any more.

Big Dave
15th June 2011, 01:00
nearly ruined motorcycles for me

I've heard that said before - usually by industry types.

No such affliction here.

Brian d marge
15th June 2011, 02:39
I've heard that said before - usually by industry types.

No such affliction here.

Ride more , then come back and we can compare notes ......

Stephen

BoristheBiter
15th June 2011, 08:30
Did that for 20 years .....nearly ruined motorcycles for me

No ...sniggering but I looked over the mountain top ..and I seeeen the promised land and fell in love with Enfields

and its been a happy downhill slide ever since

Stephen

Can't see how that could happen.
The only thing that could ruin it would be if it rained lots, but then i would just jump onto a dirt bike.

Big Dave
15th June 2011, 13:40
Ride more , then come back and we can compare notes ......

Stephen

I've got over a million miles and 50 years up, Junior.

Brian d marge
15th June 2011, 14:00
I've got over a million miles and 50 years up, Junior.
beat me by five .......

Stephen

Big Dave
15th June 2011, 14:20
beat me by five .......

Stephen

I might be exaggerating.

BoristheBiter
15th June 2011, 14:55
I might be exaggerating.

Yes, a million miles is slightly pushing it. :bleh:

Big Dave
15th June 2011, 15:30
Yes, a million miles is slightly pushing it. :bleh:

I've told it 10 billion times.

schrodingers cat
15th June 2011, 21:09

Like money, it leads to a better class of misery

Brian d marge
16th June 2011, 03:15
I might be exaggerating.

Years, but you got me thinking and I tried to add up the time spent on a bike ( Amsterdam not included ..)

I mean if you work in the industry , and spend hours a day, on a bike , then ride in the weekends .........I wonder if its possible

Stephen

jaffaonajappa
16th June 2011, 17:14
Years, but you got me thinking and I tried to add up the time spent on a bike ( Amsterdam not included ..)

I mean if you work in the industry , and spend hours a day, on a bike , then ride in the weekends .........I wonder if its possible

Stephen

Have seen some taxi's and trucks approaching the 1M kilomentre marks.....albeit "some" of them roster their drivers / share the vehicle. But not all of them. And if the taxi/truck is 9 years old...Im guessing some people are driving 100,000k per year?

Surely riding could be similar.

Brian d marge
18th June 2011, 01:58
Have seen some taxi's and trucks approaching the 1M kilomentre marks.....albeit "some" of them roster their drivers / share the vehicle. But not all of them. And if the taxi/truck is 9 years old...Im guessing some people are driving 100,000k per year?

Surely riding could be similar.

I know of a couple of bikes that have clock 1 m km ...I tried to work out all the time Ive spent on a bike , Mechanic , dr , leisure, Doris ......

It would be up there but 1m km ?? my head exploded

Stephen

jaffaonajappa
18th June 2011, 11:39
I know of a couple of bikes that have clock 1 m km ...I tried to work out all the time Ive spent on a bike , Mechanic , dr , leisure, Doris ......

It would be up there but 1m km ?? my head exploded

Stephen

This months Kiwi Rider mag - a guy clocked 134,000 km on his 250 within 4 years. He works, and the k's are all here in the north island (i think).
Some serious saddle time = especially considering he works - not some kid on the dole etc.

So, 36,000 per year.
1 million k's in about 28 years. Achievable.....

1.6 million k's (1 milionm Miles). Damn.....even someone riding a lot would likely take 40 years. (40,000k per year.) But yeah, achievable. Unless they are in their 20's and claiming this....