PDA

View Full Version : Help. VT250 has water in oil?

actungbaby
15th June 2011, 17:29
Hi brought second hand vt250 of trademe as not going i removed the carbs
and gave them clean but before but them back on , i though drain the engine oil first
when i did i notice when oil pored over my hand felt diffrent at start , then when removed the oil filter actuall clear water ran out like rain, i can only assume
the head gaskets are blown , this whould be why engine stoped running

i intend to fix the engine myself what whould be involved besides the removing the
radiator and both cyclinder heads ,do i need to get dead and cyclinder head planed
like with a car , i know the case is cast as one piece , and whould need to remove the complete motor . i got down to removing the exhusts at present , i may put hte carbs back on try starting motor but porbley not worth the bother untill fix the head gaskets

ZXCharlieR
16th June 2011, 05:30
and gave them clean but before but them back on , i though drain the engine oil first
when i did i notice when oil pored over my hand felt diffrent at start , then when removed the oil filter actuall clear water ran out like rain, i can only assume

i intend to fix the engine myself what whould be involved besides the removing the
radiator and both cyclinder heads ,do i need to get dead and cyclinder head planed
like with a car , i know the case is cast as one piece , and whould need to remove the complete motor . i got down to removing the exhusts at present , i may put hte carbs back on try starting motor but porbley not worth the bother untill fix the head gaskets

Hi mate,

I just fixed my Saab by taking the head off, scraping the carbon build-up away from the top of the cylinder heads with a razor blade and put a new head gasket and some silicone sealant on with 10 pounds more torque on the head bolts.

Place a large magnet on the cylinder top and with fine grade metal powder you'll see if it's cracked anywhere as it will show.

All I can suggest is that as long as there's not too much of a gap (you can see where the carbon print has gone on the top of the cylinders) then you should be able to silicone it up.

If the print is "high", then I do suggest a head skim and get an oversize head gasket and that will keep the clearance as it was before.

As I say, my head gasket went due to my own stupidity (thermostat froze and I was preoccupied with other things like driving rather than the temp gauge) and the carbon build-up was very low on the cylinder heads so I saved myself a skim there, new gasket, a bit of silicone and she drives like new now.

Hope it helps!!

hayd3n
16th June 2011, 07:44
Hi mate,

I just fixed my Saab by taking the head off, scraping the carbon build-up away from the top of the cylinder heads with a razor blade and put a new head gasket and some silicone sealant on with 10 pounds more torque on the head bolts.

Place a large magnet on the cylinder top and with fine grade metal powder you'll see if it's cracked anywhere as it will show.

All I can suggest is that as long as there's not too much of a gap (you can see where the carbon print has gone on the top of the cylinders) then you should be able to silicone it up.

If the print is "high", then I do suggest a head skim and get an oversize head gasket and that will keep the clearance as it was before.

As I say, my head gasket went due to my own stupidity (thermostat froze and I was preoccupied with other things like driving rather than the temp gauge) and the carbon build-up was very low on the cylinder heads so I saved myself a skim there, new gasket, a bit of silicone and she drives like new now.

Hope it helps!!
wtf you used silicone on ur head gasket??

ducatilover
16th June 2011, 08:04

like with a car , i know the case is cast as one piece , and whould need to remove the complete motor . i got down to removing the exhusts at present , i may put hte carbs back on try starting motor but porbley not worth the bother untill fix the head gaskets Do a compression test first (assuming it turns over) and go from there. Removing the heads is not a fun job on the MC15E VT motors, there is one bolt on the rear had that is underneath where you have to go through the gearbox.
It's more likely that the cam chain lets go in one of these than a head gasket.
The headgasket is a three layer steel one, albeit incredibly thin, so chances of blowing it are reduced considerably.

wtf you used silicone on ur head gasket??
:lol::nya::killingme My thoughts exactly.

actungbaby
16th June 2011, 10:51
Thanks buddy that was great help you reply was clear and very very helpfull
thank you so much , as for you car not really ur fault my mx5 the temp gauge suddenly shot around after first got it drove to balance brigde here in pammy
gave me hell fright never done it again though they changed the temostat cap on radiator apprenlty have diffrent psi ones , the vt 250 done 53 thou k dont know the history of seems its jap import, best thing to do is keep your coolant with antifrezze as this has rust inhibter all the best mate

cheers

ps really neeed confidence to carry on with the bike

Hi mate,

Hope it helps!!

ZXCharlieR
16th June 2011, 10:51
Do a compression test first (assuming it turns over) and go from there. Removing the heads is not a fun job on the MC15E VT motors, there is one bolt on the rear had that is underneath where you have to go through the gearbox.
The headgasket is a three layer steel one, albeit incredibly thin, so chances of blowing it are reduced considerably.

Ok, maybe not the technical term for it but it was a gasket sealant that my brother in law, a mechanic, had lying around that helped in a big way.

Sorry I couldn't be as geeky as the rest of these sarcastic twats on here, but yes, it serves that exact purpose.

actungbaby
16th June 2011, 11:00
Thanks dukelover

yes i wont leap in boots and all great advice i get comp checked first
then step 2 try strat the machine with carbs back on. i dd notice seems to be running rich only going exhusts spark plugs , as i never seen in going it does crank over fine though , the choke cable was attatched to the lever on handle bars
and was broken plastic tread in bottom cyclinder carb, i re attatched to the slid lever , been told its vt 250 fg has spare set fg wheels white mags but bike has old stlye comstars black and black chrome orginal pipes and look like new werid
and engine has hydrlic clutch so think its had engine swap , it has silver boxed steel chassis

thank you for great advice much appreciated
ps love the duckuti monster bikes so small really cool
seen guy on 900 made it look like a toy machine he was tall also
like honda cbr 900 want buy one soon be next project

Do a compression test first (assuming it turns over) and go from there. Removing the heads is not a fun job on the MC15E VT motors, there is one bolt on the rear had that is underneath where you have to go through the gearbox.

actungbaby
16th June 2011, 11:08
thanks for that cool

just bit strange i got that water fall out the oil filter cover unless was just traped there i never owned water collected bike maybe perfectly fine

the main oil was really black in fact got oil window and i didnt even know was one tell i drained the oil completly

i put the crabs back check spark at the plugs and go from there if can get to start
i assume unless gasket really had it will still start and see how it runs

oh zzr 250 be rocket nice bike dude

Ok, maybe not the technical term for it but it was a gasket sealant that my brother in law, a mechanic, had lying around that helped in a big way.

Sorry I couldn't be as geeky as the rest of these sarcastic twats on here, but yes, it serves that exact purpose.

ZXCharlieR
16th June 2011, 12:42
thanks for that cool

just bit strange i got that water fall out the oil filter cover unless was just traped there i never owned water collected bike maybe perfectly fine

the main oil was really black in fact got oil window and i didnt even know was one tell i drained the oil completly

i put the crabs back check spark at the plugs and go from there if can get to start

oh zzr 250 be rocket nice bike dude

Might just have been something silly, I just explained what could be done in the "known" situation.

Though all the steps you have to take before you actually start stripping are essential.

I knew the head gasket had gone on the car so I knew it had to be stripped, hence the diving in.

I actually received the ZXR 250 today and it does look like a month or so before I do get her running and in tip top shape, I just enquired here as I can see the bike is readily available, here in the UK the bike is scarcer than fried gorilla's nuts.

Anywho ... put fresh oil and fuel in her and see if she starts, if she doesn't, do a full leakdown test and see where the problem lies, from what you have now mentioned, I also am lenient to thinking it was just trapped water, if you empty out the oil in it before you try, you can definitely see if there is a problem and that's only going to take you 5 mins.

Cheers buddy!

bogan
16th June 2011, 12:49
What is the code on the engine? (be on rhs top of crank case just to the right of the rear cylinder iirc). I have a VT250 F2 engine in HB that I could sell you for parts, it has poor compression but I'm fairly sure it's the rings as I had the valves and a skim done on one cylinder with no change. I then found a cheap FG engine and just used that instead so I know they are compatible in some ways! would pay to ensure that the internals are they same if you want it though.

MSTRS
16th June 2011, 13:54
It is not normal to find water in the filter area. But it is even less normal to find water that hasn't mixed with the oil. If a head gasket is gone, the engine would have been going for a little while at least and waterjacket would leak into the oil, making it go all milky.
I suspect it has been sitting for a long time and what you have is condensation. Which means there is another problem altogether.

actungbaby
17th June 2011, 18:33
thanks buddy that be cool i need to save though my number is 06 3544509

or txt 0210561758 might be able to swap u something

What is the code on the engine? (be on rhs top of crank case just to the right of the rear cylinder iirc). I have a VT250 F2 engine in HB that I could sell you for parts, it has poor compression but I'm fairly sure it's the rings as I had the valves and a skim done on one cylinder with no change. I then found a cheap FG engine and just used that instead so I know they are compatible in some ways! would pay to ensure that the internals are they same if you want it though.

actungbaby
17th June 2011, 18:38
Well i took the valve cover of and holy s#$$ the rust on the parts and sitting water
unblevable looks like been sitting along tome to get in that state makes me wonder did somone pour water into motor . really wont use the word
anoyed that seller told me engine was in clean condtion and was shown under the tappet cover and was impressed with it oh yeah really ? bs
know its strip the engine heads of tommrow i sprayed crc over the rockers tappets chain one cam lopes apears to have hardening wearing of oh my god
this machine never been maintained makes u want cry

It is not normal to find water in the filter area. But it is even less normal to find water that hasn't mixed with the oil. If a head gasket is gone, the engine would have been going for a little while at least and waterjacket would leak into the oil, making it go all milky.
I suspect it has been sitting for a long time and what you have is condensation. Which means there is another problem altogether.

ducatilover
17th June 2011, 23:39
Bugger mate, I'd be looking at getting a new motor, visions of pitted cam lobes and cylinder bores seem to be in my head :(

ZXCharlieR
18th June 2011, 02:41
I think it's been sitting out in that beautiful weather you have out there without even a bike cover, it's the only explanation I can come up with, check all the underneath of the petrol tank and how is the rust on the subframe etc?

I can see a heavy strip and rebuild coming on there mate!! or even like ducatilover says, new engine!!

Really surprises me to see what a ton of negligence can do to such a beautiful machine, not to mention any machine for that matter!!

I got my ZXR 2 days ago and it makes me want to travel the 500 mile round trip to see the previous owner and smack him right in the gob, I have a rebuild ahead of me, was stripping it yesterday and oh my god, how this machine ever got on the road bewilders me!!

Oh well, all you can do is plod on and learn from the experience I say, I am actually looking forward to getting my hands really dirty cos this is going look like brand new when I have finished with it!!

Keep us updated fellah!!! :2thumbsup

actungbaby
18th June 2011, 11:13
yes words keep encho
ing in my head " hes done marvlous job " i had think was looking at the same machine lets make raod trip of it here i smack your owner in gob if you do mine hehe what if hits back lets wear the crash helmets

well only thing i can think is quite few botls where only finger tight uncluding the tappet covers i know it really pelted down when mainfreight collected the bike
his freind told me so if water got in then seems bit far fetched though, mind you to be in vavle gear does seem werid , heartbreaking because i pawned all my amp 2 ps3 and xbox slim know got nothing to use and door stop of bike .

i got most the bolts out top ends done just wondering what involved getting cam chain loose i have no fly wheel puller thats where i come undone i worked on my xl100k2 done complete engine rebuild on that 20 years ago in cousins house opps in chch .

i even think the head stock is loose as it has know when hold front brake on
i assume fellow was young i have put down to inexperice

am going take heads off just to make sure about head gaskets , and to make sure no water in the bores , i droped my xl600 in small amount water in 90,s and by time took to honda agent like week the rings had got stuck in the piston cost 1 grand for strip new piston rings and was only year old bike aghhh

i am actaully enjoying taking the bike apart its actaully nice bike he pained the tank and done good job outside , i just think was jap import motor bike
some owners there never change oil or coolent and the head gasket whould either rusted or lack water cooked the motor

i get sump of and if its like rust on crank i go thats enough hehe

i actually was quite stressed yesterday with lack sleep and was working on my nephews pc but then when worked on vt i was calm again was cool
i found riding my bikes back in the day had same effect so high time got working bike even for 48 year old first time day carlos is 14 months old

mind you looking outside its cold brrr i was in garage last night and got no power so had have extenstion cord and bedside lamp to work from i knocked the blulb
and said few swear words when light went out and there in complete darkness
am sure motogp teams done have that hehe mind you chould explain the duckuti team this year

anyone wants copy greame crosby book croz i finished reading my copy and need the money ;-(

yes is shame when see the condtion some bikes mind you i think bikes seem last
better these days back 80s some real dogs bike in outside condtion , maybe use better paints these days, engines seem last better to .

good luck with kawaski not you need it ur do fine just take your time
do everthing to best ability your be fine want any help give me call
some jobs easy with 2

the zxr 250 be sweet ride nice rev smooth motor nice have to have ride
some time mind you i can still smell oil on my cloths hands hehe my wife told me off
for getting dirty hehe

thanks eveone

I think it's been sitting out in that beautiful weather you have out there without even a bike cover, it's the only explanation I can come up with, check all the underneath of the petrol tank and how is the rust on the subframe etc?

I can see a heavy strip and rebuild coming on there mate!! or even like ducatilover says, new engine!!

Really surprises me to see what a ton of negligence can do to such a beautiful machine, not to mention any machine for that matter!!

I got my ZXR 2 days ago and it makes me want to travel the 500 mile round trip to see the previous owner and smack him right in the gob, I have a rebuild ahead of me, was stripping it yesterday and oh my god, how this machine ever got on the road bewilders me!!

Oh well, all you can do is plod on and learn from the experience I say, I am actually looking forward to getting my hands really dirty cos this is going look like brand new when I have finished with it!!

Keep us updated fellah!!! :2thumbsup

actungbaby
18th June 2011, 20:57
Update

Got the engine out today was very easy to do frame rail un bolts was easiest engine removal i done eaven easier than single xr 200

water gasket did loo0k had it was bubled around the water jackets lifting of the metal gasket even left the exhust header front cyclinder and rear cyclinder
pipe thought be alot more diffcult to do but no , even getting front head was easy
athough alot little pipes to remove , the cam chain was no trouble just undone cam sproket bolts and one cam came out then tension came of the whole system
and then front head just was easy to remove , i didnt find cam chain tension bolt
perhaps should looked , i havent got honda vt 250 manuall was told there wasint haines or clymer for this model so just have to work out as i go along

the valves are tiny hard to imagine what 250 4 valves whould look like
at moment am thinking get this motor fixed as the rust was mainly on rocker and springs and little pitting on cams but not to bad really

ducatilover
19th June 2011, 15:23
How's the front cylinder bore looking? I did have a set of VT250 Spada cams and heads sitting around a while ago, but, I got rid of them :( Could have built quite a neat little bike with them

actungbaby
19th June 2011, 20:12
thanks for the thought buddy yeah bore looks what i can see for some reason after put it in gear maybe first i can move the pistons even when try turning the wheel
might try puting push rod and getting clutch to back in

bit rust but only on the top lip away from where piston travels bore looks good to my untrained eye no sigh scouring or any marks and looks likeshiny but not to much so , yeah thinking be nice to get spada engine or heads i think got more
mid range from what remember honda changed it for spada but was thinking
spada engine must hang from top frail rails so must changed the engine castings and think spada engine looks much slimed down.
Cant belive how big the head casting are and you got this huge gap between where cam chain goes seems over kill you chould just fit you are down.

the heads so big and yet little part for combustion and tiny valves and bore

i never ridden vt 250 or any water coolled bike for that matter
hope not dispointed if was like 125 twin in 80s ever said what cool bike but one i rode buzzed and vibrated that much yuk.

its pity japs dont seem like twins honda did away with firestorm vt 1000
made the v 4 big heavy , u think bored out vt to 350 cc whould made great machine , 2 bikes i love to own whould be well 4 bikes

cbr 900 orginal model vtr 1000 srv 650 suzuki vfr 400 honda
they even had vf 500 didnt last long nz thast must be sweet motor
must google it

oh to this vt motor as broke was thinking taking chances getting new head gaskets
and sticking back toghter see how it runs then nephew can have bike to learn
on main reason brought he 18 and remember dad getting me bike changed my out
look life got me working so insteed me dicking around for next 3 months
i already got xr 200 thats been in pieces for year know after decided the frame needed paint after brought it working know its million pieces and no money to
restore it hehe

How's the front cylinder bore looking? I did have a set of VT250 Spada cams and heads sitting around a while ago, but, I got rid of them :( Could have built quite a neat little bike with them

actungbaby
19th June 2011, 20:21
i did see spada engine on trademe with rad too
not sure whats going this one mine when got it radiator apeared great took cap of everting about bike looked great i expecting worst really fuild loked green wow i though guy really done great job, funny thing next time looked it was empty
then i filled it with just water, then when took pike aprat was handly any in rad werid
wasint leaking on outisde damm talk about unless when cranked it when hooked up to my mx5 car and really cranked it over

there rust on tops the valve collets and rockers but not on lobes or where touchs the cam so thats phew . the head gasket to me looks gone on front cyclinder
still worked out to get rear one off or how you get sump of i undone all bolts
am have to burrow a torque wrench or hire one if you can, and get some info
on poundage maybe ask city honda nicely i try find spade in town to look at , guy rides on past ever day sounds sweet esp on downshifts must have nice pipe

anyways thanks for being intrested hope i can help someone too i better start reading of messages ;-(

ducatilover
19th June 2011, 22:53
The Spada engine had more HP and torque (40hp/28nm), the engine casings should be the same, to my knowledge the porting in the heads and cam shafts were different as well as the carbs and CDI unit.
It would cost more to rebuild that motor than to replace it.
I'm not too sure about boring it out, the Spada motor ran wet liners in the cylinders and I imagine the VT is the same set up, not too good an idea to bore them out.

Scouse
19th June 2011, 23:42
then when removed the oil filter actuall clear water ran out like rain, i can only assume

radiator and both cyclinder heads i know the case is cast as one piece , and whould need to remove the complete motor . i may put hte carbs back on try starting motor but porbley not worth the bother untill fix the head gasketsDid you ever go to school perhaps even just once?

as for you car not really ur fault my mx5 the temp gauge suddenly shot around after first got it drove to balance brigde here in pammy
gave me hell fright never done it again though they changed the temostat cap on radiator apprenlty have diffrent psi ones , the vt 250 done 53 thou k dont know the history of seems its jap import, best thing to do is keep your coolant with antifrezze as this has rust inhibter all the best mateOr is this just some weird txt speak

Thanks dukelover

yes i wont leap in boots and all great advice i get comp checked first
then step 2 try strat the machine with carbs back on. i dd notice seems to be running rich only going exhusts spark plugs , as i never seen in going it does crank over fine though , the choke cable was attatched to the lever on handle bars
and was broken plastic tread in bottom cyclinder carb, i re attatched to the slid lever , been told its vt 250 fg has spare set fg wheels white mags but bike has old stlye comstars black and black chrome orginal pipes and look like new werid
and engine has hydrlic clutch so think its had engine swap , it has silver boxed steel chassis

thank you for great advice much appreciated
ps love the duckuti monster bikes so small really cool
seen guy on 900 made it look like a toy machine he was tall also
like honda cbr 900 want buy one soon be next projectOr are you dyslexic

thanks for that cool

oh zzr 250 be rocket nice bike dudeHitcher would have a field day with you

yes words keep encho
ing in my head " hes done marvlous job " i had think was looking at the same machine lets make raod trip of it here i smack your owner in gob if you do mine hehe what if hits back lets wear the crash helmets

well only thing i can think is quite few botls where only finger tight uncluding the tappet covers i know it really pelted down when mainfreight collected the bike
his freind told me so if water got in then seems bit far fetched though, mind you to be in vavle gear does seem werid , heartbreaking because i pawned all my amp 2 ps3 and xbox slim know got nothing to use and door stop of bike .

i got most the bolts out top ends done just wondering what involved getting cam chain loose i have no fly wheel puller thats where i come undone i worked on my xl100k2 done complete engine rebuild on that 20 years ago in cousins house opps in chch .

i even think the head stock is loose as it has know when hold front brake on
i assume fellow was young i have put down to inexperice

am going take heads off just to make sure about head gaskets , and to make sure no water in the bores , i droped my xl600 in small amount water in 90,s and by time took to honda agent like week the rings had got stuck in the piston cost 1 grand for strip new piston rings and was only year old bike aghhh

i am actaully enjoying taking the bike apart its actaully nice bike he pained the tank and done good job outside , i just think was jap import motor bike
some owners there never change oil or coolent and the head gasket whould either rusted or lack water cooked the motor

i get sump of and if its like rust on crank i go thats enough hehe

i actually was quite stressed yesterday with lack sleep and was working on my nephews pc but then when worked on vt i was calm again was cool
i found riding my bikes back in the day had same effect so high time got working bike even for 48 year old first time day carlos is 14 months old

mind you looking outside its cold brrr i was in garage last night and got no power so had have extenstion cord and bedside lamp to work from i knocked the blulb
and said few swear words when light went out and there in complete darkness
am sure motogp teams done have that hehe mind you chould explain the duckuti team this year

anyone wants copy greame crosby book croz i finished reading my copy and need the money ;-(

yes is shame when see the condtion some bikes mind you i think bikes seem last
better these days back 80s some real dogs bike in outside condtion , maybe use better paints these days, engines seem last better to .

good luck with kawaski not you need it ur do fine just take your time
do everthing to best ability your be fine want any help give me call
some jobs easy with 2

the zxr 250 be sweet ride nice rev smooth motor nice have to have ride
some time mind you i can still smell oil on my cloths hands hehe my wife told me off
for getting dirty hehe

thanks eveoneSo you are 48 years old I would never have guessed that. Are you a foreigner?

Update

Got the engine out today was very easy to do frame rail un bolts was easiest engine removal i done eaven easier than single xr 200

water gasket did loo0k had it was bubled around the water jackets lifting of the metal gasket even left the exhust header front cyclinder and rear cyclinder
pipe thought be alot more diffcult to do but no , even getting front head was easy
athough alot little pipes to remove , the cam chain was no trouble just undone cam sproket bolts and one cam came out then tension came of the whole system
and then front head just was easy to remove , i didnt find cam chain tension bolt
perhaps should looked , i havent got honda vt 250 manuall was told there wasint haines or clymer for this model so just have to work out as i go along

the valves are tiny hard to imagine what 250 4 valves whould look like
at moment am thinking get this motor fixed as the rust was mainly on rocker and springs and little pitting on cams but not to bad really

its pity japs dont seem like twins honda did away with firestorm vt 1000
made the v 4 big heavy , u think bored out vt to 350 cc whould made great machine , 2 bikes i love to own whould be well 4 bikesTragic

i did see spada engine on trademe with rad too
not sure whats going this one mine when got it radiator apeared great took cap of everting about bike looked great i expecting worst really fuild loked green wow i though guy really done great job, funny thing next time looked it was empty
then i filled it with just water, then when took pike aprat was handly any in rad werid
wasint leaking on outisde damm talk about unless when cranked it when hooked up to my mx5 car and really cranked it over

there rust on tops the valve collets and rockers but not on lobes or where touchs the cam so thats phew . the head gasket to me looks gone on front cyclinder
still worked out to get rear one off or how you get sump of i undone all bolts
am have to burrow a torque wrench or hire one if you can, and get some info
on poundage maybe ask city honda nicely i try find spade in town to look at , guy rides on past ever day sounds sweet esp on downshifts must have nice pipe;(Have you thought about a night school basic grammar and spelling course

ducatilover
20th June 2011, 00:01
Or is this just some weird txt speak

Wouldn't that be "text" speak?

actungbaby
22nd June 2011, 20:43
thanks for that info

I have both heads of know i see what you meant by the bolt down by the gearbox
i think have to see about rebuilding this engine found bit brass nugets in the sump
if been panning for gold i be happy camper

QUOTE=ducatilover;1130090087]The Spada engine had more HP and torque (40hp/28nm), the engine casings should be the same, to my knowledge the porting in the heads and cam shafts were different as well as the carbs and CDI unit.
It would cost more to rebuild that motor than to replace it.
I'm not too sure about boring it out, the Spada motor ran wet liners in the cylinders and I imagine the VT is the same set up, not too good an idea to bore them out.[/QUOTE]

actungbaby
22nd June 2011, 20:45
gee dude okay i rush when typing is that a crime
okay say to me in person i private message where to meet me to discuss this
you want be smart ass

Did you ever go to school perhaps even just once?

Or is this just some weird txt speak

Or are you dyslexic

Hitcher would have a field day with you

So you are 48 years old I would never have guessed that. Are you a foreigner?

Tragic

Have you thought about a night school basic grammar and spelling course

bogan
22nd June 2011, 21:00
you want be smart ass

Some constructive criticism: if you want people to help out with a problem, it's a good idea to make it as easy for them as possible. Proper spelling and grammar make it a lot easier for us to help you out.

MSTRS
23rd June 2011, 08:42
gee dude okay i rush when typing ...

Slow down, Rossi.

You'll get a better level of response, and assistance, if your posts are clear and literate. People are not going to be keen to help diagnose your mechanical issues, if they first have to diagnose what you type.

actungbaby
24th June 2011, 20:21
well u cant understand water in the engine and such i dont think i want your assistantce , to repat abuse and make out am thick are not hlep
so u dont like what i typye go #@@## yourself there is that clear

Slow down, Rossi.

You'll get a better level of response, and assistance, if your posts are clear and literate. People are not going to be keen to help diagnose your mechanical issues, if they first have to diagnose what you type.

FJRider
24th June 2011, 20:32
well u cant understand water in the engine and such i dont think i want your assistantce , to repat abuse and make out am thick are not hlep
so u dont like what i typye go #@@## yourself there is that clear

I'm guessing here ... but is English your second language ... ???

MSTRS
25th June 2011, 09:54
I'm guessing here ... but is English your second language ... ???

Would seem so. Of course, the question is...what is his mother tongue? IlliterateArrogantMoron?

FJRider
25th June 2011, 10:44
Would seem so. Of course, the question is...what is his mother tongue? IlliterateArrogantMoron?

That is open to speculation ... and could be the start of a whole new thread ... :lol:

jonbuoy
26th June 2011, 18:53

Maybe English is his second language - how many can you all speak/write?

FJRider
26th June 2011, 18:57

SPEAK/WRITE ... ???? get with-it we TEXT .... so does he obviously ... :killingme

ATTITUDE gets you further than some/ONE may think ....

ducatilover
27th June 2011, 14:01

94 :yes:

Honest.

Spearfish
27th June 2011, 14:54
I've noticed good threads go for 2/3 of there total length before they cave in and die the rest about 1/4.

Pity really I was interested how the engine was going to turn out.

actungbaby, just carry on. Criticism is just like a bend in the road in this place....get your lines right, pass through it then your set up for the next one.

Flip
27th June 2011, 22:14
Hi mate,

Magnetic particle inspection only works on ferrous alloys. It relies on making a N and S pole across the crack. Since alloy heads are not magnetic this will not work.

Spearfish
28th June 2011, 08:28
Magnetic particle inspection only works on ferrous alloys. It relies on making a N and S pole across the crack. Since alloy heads are not magnetic this will not work.

where do you place the magnet in relation the the suspected crack on ferrous metals?

I've never seen it done before so I was thinking I could play around checking for cracks in an old frame before its painted.

Flip
28th June 2011, 18:13
Across the area you want to crack test.

Spearfish
29th June 2011, 07:21
Across the area you want to crack test.

Cheers, I found a vid on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek6U1vWRU-A

Didn't know circumferential was a real word either......

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 14:10
hi people sorry about me loosing the plot
well quick update , after longish break trying fix xbox 360
I checked one conrod and moves quite bit side to side not good
So am going take the engine apart , just need some help
does anyone know if the fly wheel bolt is right or left thread i thought it
have to be oposite to way thing spins for safety . and dont want break it trying to undo wrong way .

overall the engine is easy to take apart damm dispointed that seems pretty knacked though looks like paid 600 for chassis and wheels

I've noticed good threads go for 2/3 of there total length before they cave in and die the rest about 1/4.

Pity really I was interested how the engine was going to turn out.

actungbaby, just carry on. Criticism is just like a bend in the road in this place....get your lines right, pass through it then your set up for the next one.

ducatilover
5th July 2011, 15:05
I cannot remember which way the flywheel bolt goes and my VT250 owners manual is on another computer :facepalm:
Chances are, it's a normal threaded bolt and may have a locking bolt in it too, but, try down load a manual for it and you'll be fine.

As for one rod moving like that, have you taken the rod off? It shouldn't move side to side.
Both rods should be on one single crank pin, side by side.

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 19:50
Thanks so much again your replys always learn from them
yes i think they are side by side , and that was without undoing anything
so that why i know i got strip it down more, no use puting back toghter like that
i doubt it run and if it did it probley blow up or make some nasty sounds
i actaully pushed on piston and it clonked and moved

be cool to get copy of the manuall i tryed looking on the net and found nothing
i tryed buy one also with no luck .
for me getting fly wheels of is like mission imposible with no fly wheel puller
but always managed last one on xr 200 engine fell of bench and put hole in crank case but managed to get it welded and fixed aghhhh
i used car jack and wire wraped around to tension it

i been offered a second hand crank so assume i need at least one new connecting rod as well if not two , i think the boring that is expensive on these motors
being cast as one piece , but just see howe it goes before making a descion
as is i get some enjoyment from taking it apart, maybe neraly many hours as good ps3 game ;-(
thanks
mate

I cannot remember which way the flywheel bolt goes and my VT250 owners manual is on another computer :facepalm:
Chances are, it's a normal threaded bolt and may have a locking bolt in it too, but, try down load a manual for it and you'll be fine.

As for one rod moving like that, have you taken the rod off? It shouldn't move side to side.
Both rods should be on one single crank pin, side by side.

ducatilover
5th July 2011, 19:59
Thanks so much again your replys always learn from them
yes i think they are side by side , and that was without undoing anything
so that why i know i got strip it down more, no use puting back toghter like that
i doubt it run and if it did it probley blow up or make some nasty sounds
i actaully pushed on piston and it clonked and moved

be cool to get copy of the manuall i tryed looking on the net and found nothing
i tryed buy one also with no luck .
for me getting fly wheels of is like mission imposible with no fly wheel puller
but always managed last one on xr 200 engine fell of bench and put hole in crank case but managed to get it welded and fixed aghhhh
i used car jack and wire wraped around to tension it

i been offered a second hand crank so assume i need at least one new connecting rod as well if not two , i think the boring that is expensive on these motors
being cast as one piece , but just see howe it goes before making a descion
as is i get some enjoyment from taking it apart, maybe neraly many hours as good ps3 game ;-(
thanks
mate
I'd try find another motor, the machining on it alone would cost more than it's worth

Load this up; http://www.pdfasal.com/auto/1989-honda-spada-vt250-owners-manual.html
Should be helpful.

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 20:13
thanks got that one was really cool esp about the general stuff like choke
etc nothing on the engine though

I'd try find another motor, the machining on it alone would cost more than it's worth

Load this up; http://www.pdfasal.com/auto/1989-honda-spada-vt250-owners-manual.html
Should be helpful.

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 20:45
omg i reached in and moved the end of con rod on left one and you can see rock
back forth like 3 mm and make clonking sound that is stuffed must broken bearing shells no wonder found bits metal in the sump
this is in direction for the piston so wonder it didnt snap of compelty
under the pressure of the combustion forces shhhh
damm is it running old oil does this sort damage dam

Should be helpful.

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 20:54
you can turn the crank and hear it clonk and feel the top front piston the moment in the con rod on front cylinder no need for micrometters here boys
:blink:

omg i reached in and moved the end of con rod on left one and you can see rock
back forth like 3 mm and make clonking sound that is stuffed must broken bearing shells no wonder found bits metal in the sump
this is in direction for the piston so wonder it didnt snap of compelty
under the pressure of the combustion forces shhhh
damm is it running old oil does this sort damage dam

jonbuoy
5th July 2011, 21:07
Find another engine would be your best bet if you have heavy bottom end wear, so many "might as wells" and I´m guessing its probably a bit out of your abilities at the moment.

ducatilover
5th July 2011, 21:24
:gob: Bloody hell that's an impressive effort!!!! I'd be sending that engine to be melted down :facepalm:

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 21:33
yes mr honda be turning in his grave he did like the beer apprently
he first retired he brought a vat of it
thats before started the honda motorbike factory
yes i think if was race horse i just shoot it
i need honda racing corpartion to save this engine i think drop of
sky tower do it world of good

damm engine is neat design though really clever pity had dumb owners
how the oil pump and water pump are connected and gear box tucked away
awsome look to it

looks like have few more ash trays pity i dont smoke anymore only on my hondas hehe

:gob: Bloody hell that's an impressive effort!!!! I'd be sending that engine to be melted down :facepalm:

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 21:47
Id thought with melted down alloy add as ballast on the works yamaha
In motogp there to light at 150kgs and besides i want cassey to win this year

ducatilover
5th July 2011, 22:05
They are a very well designed engine, no-one managed to make a 4 stroke twin that out performed them :yes: I quite like the VT250 models and it sucks to see a potentially great little machine ruined.

actungbaby
5th July 2011, 22:14
your right there i think honda make best small engines esp in four strokes beacuse been doing it alot longer
its been in production and is still , athough my main reason brought it
was always bike i was intrested in

yeah no way can afford 1200 for another engine i think try get cbr 600
or cbr 900 insteed

They are a very well designed engine, no-one managed to make a 4 stroke twin that out performed them :yes: I quite like the VT250 models and it sucks to see a potentially great little machine ruined.

ducatilover
5th July 2011, 23:00
You should be able to get an engine a whole lot cheaper than that. I did a ZZR400 to ZZR600 conversion and the engine/carbs cost me $400 in total with a near complete spare bike.

actungbaby
7th July 2011, 20:27
well in that case if i find motor for that price i be wraped thanks dude
i was just wondering though these conversions it wont be quite the same for me
as be same type of engine but do you have to have it checked certified again
if engine not same number as the orginal , just asking as always wondered
seems alot things changed in last decade
in 80sd seems you chould do anything you wanted

You should be able to get an engine a whole lot cheaper than that. I did a ZZR400 to ZZR600 conversion and the engine/carbs cost me $400 in total with a near complete spare bike.

ducatilover
7th July 2011, 20:36
Cert won't be needed, i don't have to cert my 600 even though it was a 400, unless they can check the engine number. You have to take half the bike apart to do that :sunny:

actungbaby
23rd July 2011, 11:37
cool i did wonder good on ya mate good kiwi can do attitude

Cert won't be needed, i don't have to cert my 600 even though it was a 400, unless they can check the engine number. You have to take half the bike apart to do that :sunny:

marty
23rd July 2011, 13:09
you want be smart ass

:grouphug::cry:

ducatilover
23rd July 2011, 16:23
cool i did wonder good on ya mate good kiwi can do attitude

Had any luck finding a motor yet?

actungbaby
23rd July 2011, 21:56
theres one on trademe right age i think diffrent numbers though just
really case me having money and working out to take risk again
as dont want spend more money to have same sort mess really
i posted on tradme forum in motoring and guy said he put one on there in few days
it just needs to be good bottom end good bores , am not sure heads on this orginal motor but likey as rest is crap the heads will be too.
so really i need a good working engine, as i think it bores are worn there not worth
the cost of getting recon etc , like one tradme me he says doesint smoke and runs
but has top end rattles so am going mmmm i dunno, but what can you do you
just got hope people being honest really , i was told the orginal motor had run and then stoped after he cleaned carbs but looking at hard to belive it run at all
it whould sounded like a dissel amount knocking it makes just be turning by hand
aghhhh

Had any luck finding a motor yet?

ducatilover
24th July 2011, 00:24
Top end rattles on one will be the cam chain and tensioner, not too hard to do and well worth doing to one anyway. The tensioner oil hole needs to be enlarged, a tiny wee bit, with a dremel or something of the sort. The hole is the main cause of rattles in them. My VT250 Spada had ugly rattles by 50,000km, I did the tensioners/chains and it started getting a wee bit of chain noise at 150,000km. :yes: Not bad if you ask me.

actungbaby
24th July 2011, 11:12
thanks buddy gee 150,000 km i didnt think motor go that long must be good design
yes i made bid on it so why not i give it a go, thanks again for giving me the confidence . just got work out how am going get it down here why everthing in auckland hehe oh win the auction of course. was thinking selling bits of the orginal engine but only parts know are good is the starter motor ;-( spins good

anyway be so good to have bike to ride i wont care about few hassles onthe way
guy rides past are house they sound cool motors little gems

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/complete-engines/auction-393157678.htm

this ones looks the same has hyper port whaterver that is i do remember reading bike review way back and seeing the sticker on some vts
well if anyone on here needs some spares i be happy to help them out later
got 2 spare wheels white as well think of the fg models seems bike bit mix and match of parts
cheers

Top end rattles on one will be the cam chain and tensioner, not too hard to do and well worth doing to one anyway. The tensioner oil hole needs to be enlarged, a tiny wee bit, with a dremel or something of the sort. The hole is the main cause of rattles in them. My VT250 Spada had ugly rattles by 50,000km, I did the tensioners/chains and it started getting a wee bit of chain noise at 150,000km. :yes: Not bad if you ask me.

ducatilover
24th July 2011, 11:20
Good luck, I'd practice removing the tensioners with the motor you have, just "dummy" it up with the tensioners in and get good at it. You may find that the oil holes for the tensioners have dirt or shit in them. Hopefully you'll have a sweet running motor after this and then you can ride the shit out of it.

actungbaby
24th July 2011, 11:41
i still havent got the orginal tensions out the orginal motor, theres 2 bolts
in the front cylinder casting well right at around the split in the case
i have to get 10 mm socket that fits to get them undone the chain did seem very tight on the orginal engine , thanks for the advice i never done that job before
i did have it done on my cbx 400 though by mechanic from chch honda dealer he did from home to save me some money was cool of him.
actually i think just guide so no need to remove that.

yes looking forward to riding bike again have had licence since was 15 , am 48 know have mx5 car but find cars good but just not the same as bike feel
if chould break out from window may be little more fun hehe
but found with bike i just want make excuse to go anywhere just for heel of it
even just down the road to the shops
keep you posted

Good luck, I'd practice removing the tensioners with the motor you have, just "dummy" it up with the tensioners in and get good at it. You may find that the oil holes for the tensioners have dirt or shit in them. Hopefully you'll have a sweet running motor after this and then you can ride the shit out of it.

Latte
24th July 2011, 12:26
If you're not in a hurry I might be able to get the
engine down to you, or at least pick it up and hold onto it till you can arrange something yourself sooner?

Unless I strap it to the PackRack haha, a 250 motor is 9kg right?

actungbaby
27th July 2011, 22:20
Thanks mate
sure is kind offer i dont know what to say to help me like thats pretty cool
i emailed the seller i got the motor its a MC15E my orginal is a mc08E
i didnt think to wonder if work with wiring opps
yeah i owe you for that dude have to help you out with some money
yeah i got hear back from him emailed him today , i got the bike sent down with mainfreight got say was really impressed with how looked after the bike
i recomend them to anyone , yeah but you whoudint want carry on you back be dangerous , i did take gun metal sign in my orange pack its like 30 yrs old know
for dad house in chhh man that was heavy , and seen guys from bike shops take bike tires but when i tryed was bloody nasty , you fell of bike you do so serious damage to yourself not worth it

If you're not in a hurry I might be able to get the
engine down to you, or at least pick it up and hold onto it till you can arrange something yourself sooner?

Unless I strap it to the PackRack haha, a 250 motor is 9kg right?

actungbaby
27th July 2011, 22:22
[QUOTE=actungbaby;1130118040]Thanks mate

you do some mean weelies with that baby straped on ;-(
officer the wind picked my front wheel of the ground .

Latte
27th July 2011, 22:30
No stress. If you want me to pick it up send me a PM. And I'll hold it in the garage (on the shore).

I'll be heading down to a track day sometime soon. If you can find someone to collect from hampton, might be able to get it a bit closer to palmy that way. Otherwise I can hold it for a while, until I have an excuse to head down that way.

actungbaby
29th July 2011, 22:07
thanks buddy i let you know really kind of you really cool appreicated
all the best for your track day hope u have alot fun , looks like great track
reminds me philip island , guy buying of going put it in a wooden box so thats really cool of him

No stress. If you want me to pick it up send me a PM. And I'll hold it in the garage (on the shore).

I'll be heading down to a track day sometime soon. If you can find someone to collect from hampton, might be able to get it a bit closer to palmy that way. Otherwise I can hold it for a while, until I have an excuse to head down that way.

actungbaby
7th September 2011, 09:19
dam the guy brought mc 15 vt motor nice guy brought down from auckland in boot of his car for me got on sunday

got get new cam chains and tensioners know and it should be great
bit scared doing the job though after reading about the vt 1000 owner bending valves aghhhh . just got take of sump today well bolt that holds filter on just about round so going be mission i use sump cover of the other engine as looks better
he gave new carbs and air box too so was real nice , this ones got manuall clutch
put thats no biggie . getting price for cam chains tensioners from encho honda

one qwestion please tell me how in hell do you get new chains fitted do there come
un joined and you attach them to old ones run them around that way aghhhh
tell me you dont have split the crankcases aghhhhhhhh

am already grey enough know

thanks buddy i let you know really kind of you really cool appreicated
all the best for your track day hope u have alot fun , looks like great track
reminds me philip island , guy buying of going put it in a wooden box so thats really cool of him

actungbaby
7th September 2011, 12:46
damm it i brought another piece of s@#T i dont belive this another dud
damm near got as much moment on rear conrod it rocks front back about 4 mm
this really P@@@@ me off

dam the guy brought mc 15 vt motor nice guy brought down from auckland in boot of his car for me got on sunday

got get new cam chains and tensioners know and it should be great
bit scared doing the job though after reading about the vt 1000 owner bending valves aghhhh . just got take of sump today well bolt that holds filter on just about round so going be mission i use sump cover of the other engine as looks better
he gave new carbs and air box too so was real nice , this ones got manuall clutch
put thats no biggie . getting price for cam chains tensioners from encho honda

one qwestion please tell me how in hell do you get new chains fitted do there come
un joined and you attach them to old ones run them around that way aghhhh
tell me you dont have split the crankcases aghhhhhhhh

am already grey enough know

ducatilover
7th September 2011, 17:35
Fuck, there must be no bearing at all in it to get that kind of movement :shit:

actungbaby
8th September 2011, 12:45
yep hehe front one was solid as rock then tryed umm yeah i thought going
turn in the hulk and turn all green run around a bit
dont get me angrey u wont like it when i am aghhhh

Fuck, there must be no bearing at all in it to get that kind of movement :shit:

ducatilover
8th September 2011, 19:24
Did you grab the engine by the heads and rip it in half? :rofl:

actungbaby
10th September 2011, 10:39
hehe yes sounds good to me nah i just give up on this bike
stip the motors and sell for scrap alloy stick with xr 200 fix it up
save up buy decent cbr 900 insteed buying crap
oh work on my ps3 and xbox 360 might have to be make belive motorcycling for
year or so aghh well not worth flogging dead horse hehe

Did you grab the engine by the heads and rip it in half? :rofl:

ducatilover
10th September 2011, 17:37
Fair call, I've been pretend riding on the XBOX a lot lately :facepalm:

actungbaby
11th September 2011, 11:43
yes you and me both hehe fixed another one my ps3 yesterday got it working
so got me good mood am looking at cb100 nice hehe am sick puppy
and its got old crap rusted frame with it oh my it looks like whats left xl 100 frame
and got the rear mud gurard someone cut of mine ya ...maybe the treads on the suspension might be good that one hehe
wonder what engine i chould fit to vt 250 frame maybe a xr 600 hmmm nice
whould a spada engine work got be something alot better than crap orginal engines

Fair call, I've been pretend riding on the XBOX a lot lately :facepalm:

ducatilover
11th September 2011, 14:11
yes you and me both hehe fixed another one my ps3 yesterday got it working
so got me good mood am looking at cb100 nice hehe am sick puppy
and its got old crap rusted frame with it oh my it looks like whats left xl 100 frame
and got the rear mud gurard someone cut of mine ya ...maybe the treads on the suspension might be good that one hehe
wonder what engine i chould fit to vt 250 frame maybe a xr 600 hmmm nice
whould a spada engine work got be something alot better than crap orginal engines
Throw a big single in it :yes: No point going Spada motor if you can get a big single inside it, or a BROS650 motor (good luck getting one)

actungbaby
11th September 2011, 17:22
yeah well what i can get to fit single might be tad narrow unless make up some
soilid brackets

anyways where both better of that poor young guy that brought a scooter
of trademe with his 15 year brother worked on for month and then riding for first time to get it rego wof the damm thing caught on fire down tremaine ave
I chould see smoke from hospital and got of when chould feel leg getting warm
Dam thing was burnt to crip nothing left by time fire engine got there
was in saturday strandred
damm he might nicked fuel line feel sorry for him though damm not easy these days being young dam tough to get a job too

i give you my xbox 360 handle when get xbox 360 fixed going 4 re lighted on me
is just video cable might take it apart as just got loose in case as used bolts to hold cpu gpu coolers on got rid the nasty x clamps

Throw a big single in it :yes: No point going Spada motor if you can get a big single inside it, or a BROS650 motor (good luck getting one)

ducatilover
11th September 2011, 17:37
I saw the wreckage of that scooter with two chaps looking at it scratching their heads. Kind of made my day :innocent:

Yeah 4 red lights is just video connection.
I don't have an XBOX Live account sorry :facepalm:

actungbaby
11th September 2011, 20:50
no worrys was the 3 red rings so i but new thermal paste on the gpu
and disconted the fan and over heated till it went to 2 red lights . let cool
and bingo going again mind you it wont last forever
getting controller for it maybe tuesday so see how copes with a game
yes when that plsatic melts damm and burns should seen the smoke
damm

okay my handle is nzyogi anyways

I saw the wreckage of that scooter with two chaps looking at it scratching their heads. Kind of made my day :innocent:

Yeah 4 red lights is just video connection.
I don't have an XBOX Live account sorry :facepalm:

ducatilover
11th September 2011, 22:01
The XBOX at my place is a relatively recent one, so it hasn't had any red ring problems.

bogan
11th September 2011, 22:06
The XBOX at my place is a relatively recent one, so it hasn't had any red ring problems.

Mine has the 12V fan mod (mod is stretching it a bit, as the wire is just moved from 5v to 12 bus), no problems yet; makes a fucken racket, but so does Spartans kicking Covenant ass!

ducatilover
11th September 2011, 22:09
Mine has the 12V fan mod (mod is stretching it a bit, as the wire is just moved from 5v to 12 bus), no problems yet; makes a fucken racket, but so does Spartans kicking Covenant ass!

This one has no mods :yes: Been going strong for a few years too. Yes, them Spartans make a lot of noise...Forza3 does too

bogan
11th September 2011, 22:11
This one has no mods :yes: Been going strong for a few years too. Yes, them Spartans make a lot of noise...Forza3 does too

yeh, i tend to put on some tunes if I'm playing forza, got no v-twins in it you see.

ducatilover
11th September 2011, 22:13
yeh, i tend to put on some tunes if I'm playing forza, got no v-twins in it you see.

V8's...flat 6's.....Fezza V8's....BMW 6's....I love it.

actungbaby
16th September 2011, 22:42
yeah me too good move with the fan mode yeah got going again its pausing ingames though
u got try trails hd game on xbox live great game ur love it do whellies and over top crashs
havent play froza just all grand tursmos on ps3 , gee did that crash poll why did it stop at 7 hehe
u ever want dl trails hd u can bring machine to our place [
QUOTE=ducatilover;1130151282]V8's...flat 6's.....Fezza V8's....BMW 6's....I love it.[/QUOTE]

actungbaby
20th September 2011, 13:23
yes thats cool feature of xbox cant do that with ps3

well i taking another big gamble and i brought a second hand

Vt 500 of trademe i nkow its not the best looking bike
but hell at least apprently there reliable and last for years
and good on gas ya first thing am doing is strating it up and checking the
oil and changing it ya so least i can still be vtman on trademe
just not vt 250 ;-(
got offers of engines but will leave till next year to do something with the 250

actungbaby
19th October 2011, 18:40
finally got engine taken apart was eye opener all right248971

ducatilover
19th October 2011, 22:21
Ouch!
Different rods to a Spada motor

actungbaby
22nd October 2011, 19:58
yes more i think about the better sparda motors sound , yes am going just buy a decent vtr 250 motor from wreaked bike when i can
low kms etc just not worth mucking around with anything esle well i rather spend 800-1200 and get complete working reliable low km engine
in saying that i might ask few qwestions about getting second hand crankshaft as may be able to get oh nah the bores be worn out and
least the cam chains need replacing just not worth it its 700.00 just in parts for cams chain tensioners and chains
its just cheaper to get complete good motor mind you then i got to get to work with old wiring

but yes i did notice that the mc 08 engine has 248cc stamed on it and mc 15 engine has 249cc so even those two
must have either slightly difrent bores or longer rods

but after day i had with womens problems and babys the vt 250 seems like walk in the park and stress free and easy pesy aghhh

Ouch!
Different rods to a Spada motor

ducatilover
23rd October 2011, 10:14
Hunt around for the cam chains, I've never heard of them being that expensive.

You could easily pick up a complete VT250F for that kind of money

actungbaby
24th October 2011, 16:21
Hunt around for the cam chains, I've never heard of them being that expensive.

You could easily pick up a complete VT250F for that kind of money

its 300.00 each cam chain tensioner x 2 thats 600.00 and 65.00 each chain thats 130.00 for 2 thats 730.00 all up

ducatilover
24th October 2011, 16:40
The tensioners shouldn't need replacing. It's wise to get the oil feed hole in them taken out slightly larger, this fixes the chain rattle

actungbaby
25th October 2011, 11:05
The tensioners shouldn't need replacing. It's wise to get the oil feed hole in them taken out slightly larger, this fixes the chain rattle

cool thanks for that well thats makes it alot better might take the second engine apart know and see if crankshalf is any better than
first engine seeing as it rolled on my foot and damged my toes i think bit payback in order