View Full Version : I'm keen for the job

Big Dave
2nd July 2005, 12:57
- anybody else want to come?

MSTRS
2nd July 2005, 13:51
Go for it - but don't lie on your application

At a local university, there were four sophomores
taking Chemistry and all of them had an A so far.
These four friends were so confident that the weekend
before finals, they decided to visit some friends and
have a big party. They had a great time, but after all
the hearty partying, they slept all day Sunday and
didn't make it back to Duke until early Monday morning.
Rather than taking the final then, they decided that
after the final, they would explain to their professor why they
missed it. They said that they visited friends but on
the way back, had a flat tire. As a result, they missed the final.
The professor agreed they could make up the final
the next day. The guys were excited and relieved. They
studied that night for the exam.
He placed them in separate rooms and gave them a test
booklet. They quickly answered the first problem,
worth five points. Cool, they thought! Each one in
separate rooms, thought this is going to be easy. Then
turned the page. On the second page was written:

For 95 points: Which tire?

marty
3rd July 2005, 19:26
speaking of coke vs pepsi - did anyone else note at the daytona pepsi 400 nascar race (was on live this afternoon) that the winner was drinking coke while he was being inteviewed?

DingDong
3rd July 2005, 19:40
Nahh... I've got other comittments, i'll catch that bus next time... have fun :Punk:

Wolf
4th July 2005, 15:42
I'm in for the time travel job provided we get to go back and video tape various historic personages - to settle a few long-standing arguments. I also want to stop off at each of the 8 wonders of the ancient world and I want to steal the scrolls out of the Library at Alexandria just before the Vandals get there. If we've got time there's a few family trees I'd like to "prune" while we we're at it - See how those bastards who hassled me at school for being a geek cope with never having been born in the first place!

I'll also be stopping off on the way back to "now" to pick up a few things at 1950's prices... and to place a few bets on some races and ball games.

Big Dave
4th July 2005, 16:00
>>I'm in for the time travel job provided we get to go back and video tape various historic personages - to settle a few long-standing arguments.

What - you've never seen a hollywood blockbuster - they are all true

>>I also want to stop off at each of the 8 wonders of the ancient world and I want to steal the scrolls out of the Library at Alexandria just before the Vandals get there.

I'b be happier if you'd steal the vandals spray cans before they tag my front fence next.

>>If we've got time there's a few family trees I'd like to "prune" while we we're at it - See how those bastards who hassled me at school for being a geek cope with never having been born in the first place!

And what good is revenge if it doesn't know it's been got? Try and be more creative. Have them born into your servitute or summat.

>> I'll also be stopping off on the way back to "now" to pick up a few things at 1950's prices... and to place a few bets on some races and ball games.

50,000 original shares in Apple computer and Microsoft would do me.
Was the bad guy in 'back to the Future ...Biff?'

My worry is the weapons - closest I've got is a leatherman and a 3 wood.

Wolf
4th July 2005, 16:07
No worry about the weapons, I could even scare up a sword or two if the destination warrants them (no point in being conspicuous)

You have the shares in Apple and MS, I'll buy into Hewlett-Packard "back then"

onearmedbandit
4th July 2005, 17:35
I really want to see the creation of the universe (from a safe view-point of course), do we have time for that??

justsomeguy
4th July 2005, 17:38
I'll go back to when I was 3 - learn to ride a bike and kick Valentino's ar*3

Wolf
5th July 2005, 08:55
I really want to see the creation of the universe (from a safe view-point of course), do we have time for that??
Then you can do a Doctor Who (Tom Baker incarnation) - read a book on the beginning of the Universe and say "Hah! Got it wrong on the first page, why didn't they ask someone who was there? Like me, for example."

I'd seriously love to be able to go back in time able to observe invisibly, understand all the languages spoken and be able to pass anywhere at will - straight through locked doors etc. Wouldn't worry me so much if I couldn't affect anything or interact with anyone - just being able to observe and understand (and be able to track participants forwards or backwards in time to discern their motivations)

Either that or be able to go back in time to November 22 1963, stand on the grassy knoll and yell "DUCK"...

speights_bud
5th July 2005, 20:58
For 95 points: Which tire?

Ummm the round one??????? :whistle:

gav
5th July 2005, 23:36
Ummm the round one??????? :whistle:
Or the one with no air in it.....

speights_bud
7th July 2005, 20:57
Or the one with no air in it.....
Guess i didnt pass :oi-grr: , My bad. Dammit third year in a row now! :weird: