PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question?

DrunkenMistake
17th June 2011, 19:21
Must be the one topic title that makes you think oh shit.
Well I had a low slide today on the bike, managed to lose it on a manhole cover going around the round about.. the fairings took a shit load of rash and filed down park of the front cowl haha, took some damage to the brake lever and gear changer and some to the mirror, all the usual places, the pack rack and grab handle on the back saved the tail from any damage,
Just wanted to know if you claimed on fairings do they replace them or pay to have them fixed? or is it easier to just forget about and save my pennies for a new set.
Any advice would be great,
Unless your going to be a troll then you can just fuck on off.

skippa1
17th June 2011, 19:25
not an expert but I would suspect that they will do their sums on the viability of repair vs replace. Whatever is the cheaper option. Good luck

DrunkenMistake
17th June 2011, 19:26
not an expert but I would suspect that they will do their sums on the viability of repair vs replace. Whatever is the cheaper option. Good luck

Thought this will be the case, Cheers

Ender EnZed
17th June 2011, 19:32
Any advice would be great,
Unless your going to be a troll then you can just fuck on off.

The way I read this, you only want advice from trolls.

Well, to start with, I'd advise you to use "you're" when you mean "you are" rather than "your". HTH.

DrunkenMistake
17th June 2011, 19:34
The way I read this, you only want advice from trolls.

Well, to start with, I'd advise you to use "you're" when you mean "you are" rather than "your". HTH.

:lol: thanks for correcting my spelling.

bogan
17th June 2011, 19:39
If they write it off, you may be able to buy it back without having to re-comply it. Just ring your insurance as I would imagine it is somewhat policy dependent.

Also, don't you have a VFR? take it easy, no sense wrecking such engineering brilliance :(

jaffaonajappa
17th June 2011, 19:41
Well I had a slow slide today on the bike, managed to lose it on a manhole cover going around the round about..

Call the council. Manhole covers are NOT supposed to be going around roundabouts...

DrunkenMistake
17th June 2011, 19:42
If they write it off, you may be able to buy it back without having to re-comply it. Just ring your insurance as I would imagine it is somewhat policy dependent.

Also don't you have a VFR? take it easy, no sense wrecking such engineering brilliance :(

Nah its just busted fairings, so not a right off and its on the VFR :( .. Was kinda rough around the edges anyway, Was half way around the round about and a car shot the gap so I pulled a little tighter to the round about and went over a man hole cover and just lost the back wheel, had a good slide and had to kick the bike off my foot while on the move haha.

FJRider
17th June 2011, 19:43
You can't claim "just on fairings" ... the claim is on "bike repairs" .... and has been stated already, depending on cost of repair/replacement ... depending on bike age/insured value etc ...

And if the cost of either is too high ... the bike is written off ... (write of is 60% of insured value ... I think)

DrunkenMistake
17th June 2011, 19:47
You can't claim "just on fairings" ... the claim is on "bike repairs" .... and has been stated already, depending on cost of repair/replacement ... depending on bike age/insured value etc ...

And if the cost of either is too high ... the bike is written off ... (write of is 60% of insured value ... I think)

Uhh huhhh I see now, Oh well ill just wait for my tax back and put away some spare coin. Thanks FJ

FJRider
17th June 2011, 19:52
Uhh huhhh I see now, Oh well ill just wait for my tax back and put away some spare coin. Thanks FJ

I might suggest taking a few photo's ... getting a few repair/replacement quotes ... and see what the insurance co's might do/decide ...

DrunkenMistake
17th June 2011, 20:02
I might suggest taking a few photo's ... getting a few repair/replacement quotes ... and see what the insurance co's might do/decide ...

Okay, ill get on to that tomorrow after work and see what they say.

SILVER SUZI
21st June 2011, 14:42
They will repair where it's cost effective, and replace where that is the better solution. Depends on the repairer to a large extent. Speaking from recent experience. :Oops: