PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust header connection gasket needed

justsomeguy
2nd July 2005, 19:15
Hi there,

Lost a couple of my nuts (no not those:weird: ) and that made one of the exhaust header pipe connector rings fall off..... inside this ring there is a metal gasket made of two separate halves - these have come off and fallen off somewhere....

I've included a diagram - hope it helps

I would seriously appreciate it if someone had a spare they could sell me.

Big Thanks to Erik for finding the problem.

justsomeguy
2nd July 2005, 19:46
Beyouempee

Anybody??

Motu
2nd July 2005, 19:55
That's not a gasket,the gasket is between the header pipe and the head.Dunno what the official name is for those - you can buy them genuine,second hand,or make them as I do...just sleeve some pipe and cut in half.

XTC
2nd July 2005, 20:32
Official name is "collets" (i think). M&L brown (musket) should be able to help you out. May need to give them a size.
Whats the bike?? I'm assuming it's a honda??

John
2nd July 2005, 20:47
Official name is "collets" (i think). M&L brown (musket) should be able to help you out. May need to give them a size.
Whats the bike?? I'm assuming it's a honda??
Kawasaki zzr250.

Those 'donuts' your talking about a 'crush spacers' IIRC and just make it so there isnt to much preasure on the Head, check the dealer they shouldnt cost to much, same thing happened to mine but only one screw fell off, if you need to then check with wreckers..

justsomeguy
2nd July 2005, 21:37
...just sleeve some pipe and cut in half.

Could you please tell me a bit more :)

justsomeguy
2nd July 2005, 21:54
The "collet" also has a bit of a lip on it....

Motu
2nd July 2005, 21:56
Find the diameter of the collet (XTC is right there) and cut a section of exhaust pipe to the correct length,get the next size up pipe and cut a thin section,2 or 3 mm,then braze it on nicely,or a few tacks with the MIG,but that looks yuk - cut in half and you have 2 collets.I could make these 3 days faster than Honda can deliver.

justsomeguy
2nd July 2005, 22:00
Find the diameter of the collet (XTC is right there) and cut a section of exhaust pipe to the correct length,get the next size up pipe and cut a thin section,2 or 3 mm,then braze it on nicely,or a few tacks with the MIG,but that looks yuk - cut in half and you have 2 collets.I could make these 3 days faster than Honda can deliver.

Thanks - Erik and me are gonna do some scavenging tomorrow - for a bit of scrap pipe.... fingers crossed....

Will come to see you if we can't find anything.....

Thanks

Ixion
2nd July 2005, 22:01
The "collet" also has a bit of a lip on it....
What Mr Motu said, 'cept add a bit of flattened welding wire, brazed onto the end. I've made them , is easy enough if you have the gear.