PDA

View Full Version : How much trouble would a man be in?

Headbanger
19th June 2011, 22:03
for

Pinged at 147, ticketed for 137
No bike license on a 1000cc bike
No rego (fuck you ACC)
No warrant of fitness (on account of the smashed headlight)

Just asking for a...uh....friend

neels
19th June 2011, 22:06
uh.....lots?

Sounds expensive, although just under 40k over the limit means no instant loss of licence?

Hypothetically speaking.

DrunkenMistake
19th June 2011, 22:08
Your looking at a load of demerits and a dirty big fine,

I think its 400 for incorrect license or exceeding license limits e.g: riding a 600 on a learners or whatever,

then its what another 400 for no rego and wof?

and a fat ass fine for the speeding haha

I could be wrong though I really cant remember

Big Dave
19th June 2011, 22:12
An Arrow exhaust's worth.

Headbanger
19th June 2011, 22:17
The fine was large enough that when I got it in the mail I went out, then rang home to inform the wife.:lol:

I'm such a fuckin pussy.

Muhahahaha

Anyhow

Speeding $400
Wrong class of license $400
Failing to display evidence of inspection $200
50 demerit points

And $200 to put my expired rego on hold.

Roll on summer:banana::banana::banana:

jaffaonajappa
19th June 2011, 22:18
Depends how your ....umm...friend?...handled the cops.

I had almost exactly the same happen to me - me friends friends cousin i mean.

An 1100cc bike, rego expired but warrant ok. Learners bike (but full car and HT) licence. Speeding 138, not indicating, on the motorway. Paid the incorrect licence fee / rego'd it (28 day standown on Full fines), and coped a warning about the rest.

Not talking about a lippy 18 year old here tho.

And the cop was a one-off freak.....like, more human that bacon.

Headbanger
19th June 2011, 22:18
uh...I mean that's what my friend did.

Mental Trousers
19th June 2011, 22:21
Your new room mate will probably rename you Susan .....

Banditbandit
20th June 2011, 09:21
The fine was large enough that when I got it in the mail I went out, then rang home to inform the wife.:lol:

I'm such a fuckin pussy.

Muhahahaha

You might want to change you name in the forum then?

Urano
20th June 2011, 09:39
the night of 17th of july 2003, at 2,30 in the morning, ... eh... a close friend of mine... ya... has been caught by police at 106 kmh in a 50 speed limit zone.

1 month of forced marathon exercises, 750 euros (around 1500 nz$) the fine, permanent record on the license...

it was a very lucky day, anyway, cause he wasn't breath tested... :whistle:

so relax, it doesn't seem a huge trouble...

Crasherfromwayback
20th June 2011, 09:58
uh...I mean that's what my friend did.

Tell your 'friend' I'll happily lend them a 250 so they can actually pull finger and get their licence!

ac3_snow
20th June 2011, 10:17

I thought it had changed to only $100 for breach of license conditions? Pretty sure I read about it on KB so it must be true!!

ducatilover
20th June 2011, 10:24
Challenge the ticket in court for speeding, if he got a reading of 147k and gave you a 137k ticket, ask for them to present the proof of you doing 137k.

I know someone who has managed this, they got off the ticket due to no evidence of them doing the speed on the ticket.

Edbear
20th June 2011, 10:55
Glad you're so cheerful about it. Many would claim they were unfairly targetted and didn't deserve to be caught like that. So obviously you accept that, (your friend), did the crime and must pay the fine.

Most unlike KB...

Gremlin
20th June 2011, 11:49
Tell your friend to remember that you only pick up the largest instance of demerits when copping a fine on multiple points.

oneofsix
20th June 2011, 12:03
ouch! that sounds like a lot of trouble for a man to be in. No WOF because of broken headlight and you didn't pick one up for not displaying your headlight whilst riding, guess he had enough already.
147 but pinged for 137, that will be the speedo error at a guess.

Katman
20th June 2011, 12:19
Could have been worse - your your friend's rear tyre could have been down to the steel belt. :whistle:

aprilia_RS250
20th June 2011, 12:42
who stops when they're doing over 140km/h, breaking their license conditions, no rego etc anyway.....

wtf?
20th June 2011, 17:30
Dont pay rego coz you dont like ACC?

Its because of unrego'd ass clowns like you the rest of us pay through the nose for it. To subsidise you.

Its you lot who are the most likely to need helicopters/ambo's and shit when you lose control of your 2 wheeled bald-tyred dog-eared unroadworthy shit heaps.

Dont get me wrong- I like to do 147km/h like everyone else. I just make fuckin sure I've got all my ducks in a row first. And no ones watching.

Pay up. Get on with it.

Latte
20th June 2011, 17:35

Its because of unrego'd ass clowns like you the rest of us pay through the nose for it. To subsidise you.

Its you lot who are the most likely to need helicopters/ambo's and shit when you lose control of your 2 wheeled bald-tyred dog-eared unroadworthy shit heaps.

Dont get me wrong- I like to do 147km/h like everyone else. I just make fuckin sure I've got all my ducks in a row first. And no ones watching.

Pay up. Get on with it.

Someone shit in the cornflakes this morning huh?

slofox
20th June 2011, 17:42
who stops when they're doing over 140km/h, breaking their license conditions, no rego etc anyway.....

His friend does...:whistle:

wtf?
20th June 2011, 17:43
Well, not only is there no headlight so a cop will pull him on sight, this genius does so without rego/wof etc and rides at 147clicks.

As for the rego, either you pay for it, or you pay the fine for not having it. Either way, you'll pay.

jaffaonajappa
20th June 2011, 17:58

We resorted to blaming each other already?

Its not our fault ACC are broke, nor is our fault we are paying this fcuking stupid cost to register our bikes....although its arguable we could have made moves earlier to prevent the price increases.

wtf?
20th June 2011, 18:09
No, I'm not blaming him for the cost of ACC premiums. I'm sayin its pretty bloody selfish to try to "opt out" and still expect health cover etc to be available if he wants it. Someones gotta pay and if he wants some of the benefits of living in a society, he should man up and share some of the costs of doing so.

And no, I dont think the ACC levy on bikers is a fair cop.

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 18:22

Personally I think cops should be directed to run down anyone who does a runner. You play the game you pay the price.

I seriously don't need the shit that comes from a failed high speed chase.

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 18:24

Excellent.

Thanks for subsidising me.

My next great plan is to go on the benefit and collect your taxes.

LBD
20th June 2011, 18:25
for

No rego (fuck you ACC)

37 over = 500 som
no license...who cares
no warrant....who cares less
No rego....you just donated your bike to the coppers nephew!

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 18:27
Well, not only is there no headlight so a cop will pull him on sight, this genius does so without rego/wof etc and rides at 147clicks.

As for the rego, either you pay for it, or you pay the fine for not having it. Either way, you'll pay.

It must be terrible to know everything.:tugger:

The bike has two headlights, one of which has a cracked lens which can only be seen under close inspection, The damage was not noted by the cop.

For the record, It was well worth it.

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 18:29
147 but pinged for 137, that will be the speedo error at a guess.

That was the cop giving me a break, I'd be in a power of shit if I lost my license.

EJK
20th June 2011, 18:47
slow down rossi

Urano
20th June 2011, 19:05
...ehm... "Stoner"... :D :D :D

PS: by the way, how much is about the acc and the rego?

wtf?
20th June 2011, 19:05
one of which has a cracked lens which can only be seen under close inspection

is hardly a

(...smashed headlight)

The damage was not noted by the cop

in which case why did you get pinged for

No warrant of fitness?

:tugger:

Kickaha
20th June 2011, 19:18
Challenge the ticket in court for speeding, if he got a reading of 147k and gave you a 137k ticket, ask for them to present the proof of you doing 137k.

I know someone who has managed this, they got off the ticket due to no evidence of them doing the speed on the ticket.

That's a fucking good way to make sure the cop doesn't ever give anyone a break ever again

blackdog
20th June 2011, 19:18
is hardly a

in which case why did you get pinged for

?

Close inspection.

Try it some time.

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 19:20
in which case why did you get pinged for No warrant of fitness

?

Ok, so comphension isn't your strong point.

I got pinged for failing display evidence of inspection, This wasn't on display because I don't have one.

The reason i don't have one is becase the damage to the headlight is an instant fail.

The cop didn't pull me over due to the headlight, It was the speed of travel that attracted his attention.

This is all just repeating what has already been stated, so before asking anything else anal go back and read the thread again.

FJRider
20th June 2011, 19:27

I'm such a fuckin pussy.

Muhahahaha

Anyhow

Speeding $400
Failing to display evidence of inspection $200
50 demerit points

And $200 to put my expired rego on hold.

Roll on summer:banana::banana::banana:

No Demerits for Wrong class ... and No WOF ... ???? What TOTAL demerits did you get ... ???

JimO
20th June 2011, 19:28
Ok, so comphension isn't your strong point.

I got pinged for failing display evidence of inspection, This wasn't on display because I don't have one.

The reason i don't have one is becase the damage to the headlight is an instant fail.

The cop didn't pull me over due to the headlight, It was the speed of travel that attracted his attention.

This is all just repeating what has already been stated, so before asking anything else anal go back and read the thread again.

i thort we were talking about someone else

jaffaonajappa
20th June 2011, 19:40

Please, DONT do this.
If you can get some bacon to be half decent one-on-one and hes happy for you to keep your licence, whilst still keeping his basic integrity clear, be thankful. Really, at the end of the day, you got caught, and....you got caught. The bacon seemed to have decided to punish you without completely Smoking you.
If you rip him off now....hes going to go after the next 350 poor bikers with a vengeance.

Hmmm. smoked bacon....

Katman
20th June 2011, 19:52

No-one would have noticed his mistake if you hadn't pointed it out.

DrunkenMistake
20th June 2011, 19:55

No-one would have noticed his mistake if you hadn't pointed it out.

oh wow, he was the speeder..? and hes concerned about his ticket, what a dick, Could have hurt someone.

Man I suck at Trolling.

jaffaonajappa
20th June 2011, 20:00
Man I suck

Amacha nub
:calm:

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 20:04
No Demerits for Wrong class ... and No WOF ... ???? What TOTAL demerits did you get ... ???

You must mean what total demerit points did my friend get?

50 is all that is listed on the ticket, and I don't think it states which of the offenses it is attributed to. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned you only get the demerit points for whichever offense carries the biggest amount of points.

DrunkenMistake
20th June 2011, 20:07
You must mean what total demerit points did my friend get?

Winning comment right there.

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 20:09
Fuck it, I ain't got no friends.

Lmfao.

Woodman
20th June 2011, 21:02

Thats a real fucken dumb fuck fucken selfish fucken thing to do.

Please no one do this. If the cop is willing to give you a break don't slap him in the face with it. Jesus.:mad::mad:

wtf?
20th June 2011, 21:11
I got pinged for failing display evidence of inspection, This wasn't on display because I don't have one

Not what your first post said.

You fail at getting your story straight from the start. If you want... nahh fuggit. Cant be fucked. Good luck with the fines.

AllanB
20th June 2011, 21:13
Your friend sounds like he is taking it well.

Unfortunately I fear your friends wife may not be so understanding - after all she probably could have purchased 3 pairs of black leather boots . OK maybe 2 black pairs and one sexy red pair (not that your friend will get to consider anything sexy for the next 2 months!).

Latte
20th June 2011, 21:24

Pay up. Get on with it.

Unrego'd ass clown, riding an unroadworthy heap of shit, in plain vew of the popo? Shit, if he'd ridden without his Helmet he would have REALLY been a tool eh? :killingme

When you get done by the off duty cop in his black n white car coz you rode past his house at tea time full tit no rego no warrant no muffler no lid and get done while your dad watches coz you were both out to show him your new bike.

Shouldve crossed that fuggin creek.

Big Dave
20th June 2011, 21:30
The answer of course, is that the Wood Duck could chuck just as much wood as a Wood Duck could chuck if a Wood Duck could chuck wood.

wtf?
20th June 2011, 21:49
Touche Hiss, well played.

Some of us grow up, but I'm willing to bet the OP isnt 16. If he is, I will retract all.

Hey, I was a fuckwit, got done and deserved it. I copped a heap of shit, paid the fines and got on with it. Same advice as I gave earlier.

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 21:57
Not what your first post said.

You fail at getting your story straight from the start. If you want... nahh fuggit. Cant be fucked. Good luck with the fines.

That is exactly what the first post said shit for brains.

Headbanger
20th June 2011, 21:59
Hey, I'm a fuckwit, got done and deserved it. I copped a heap of shit, paid the fines and got on with it. Same advice as I gave earlier.

That you are, and if I want advice from a child I'll call you up.

Latte
20th June 2011, 21:59
Touche Hiss, well played.

Some of us grow up, and I'm willing to bet the OP isnt 16. If he is, I will retract all.

No need to go that far, you have a valid point, and I realise this type of behaviour has a different consequence these days than years past (ACC, Speeding Tolerances etc).

I just think people forget that doing stupid stuff is inherently human, and we're all guilty of it.

FJRider
20th June 2011, 22:04
... after all she probably could have purchased 3 pairs of black leather boots . OK maybe 2 black pairs and one sexy red pair (not that your friend will get to consider anything sexy for the next 2 months!).

I fear she may still buy them ... but the only time his friend will get to see them up close .... is when she uses them to kick him in the nuts ...

Subike
20th June 2011, 22:09
bugger.....

wtf?
20th June 2011, 22:10
I just think people forget that doing stupid stuff is inherently human, and we're all guilty of it.

Exactly right Hiss, thanks for the reminder. I guess my point is, the older you get the less sympathy you can expect if you tell the world about it on here.

:drinkup:

Latte
20th June 2011, 22:12
I fear she may still buy them ... but the only time his friend will get to see them up close .... is when she uses them to kick him in the nuts ...

The 2nd set of tires in 6 months meant the wife needed to save some money for us...

"Look how much money I saved on these boots, and they'll last more than 6 months" - mainly due to her wearing them only once.

I'm wondering how much money she'll "save" when I tell her the bike needs new brake pads and chain/sprockets for the upcoming service.

FJRider
20th June 2011, 22:16
The 2nd set of tires in 6 months meant the wife needed to save some money for us...

:killingme

The things they do ... for US ..... :2thumbsup

tigertim20
20th June 2011, 22:35
for

No rego (fuck you ACC)

Your looking at a load of demerits and a dirty big fine,

I think its 400 for incorrect license or exceeding license limits e.g: riding a 600 on a learners or whatever,

then its what another 400 for no rego and wof?

and a fat ass fine for the speeding haha

I could be wrong though I really cant remember

not having a licence at all negates some of the issues, e.g, no bike license on a thou = fine for operating a vehicle without the correct licence,as opposed to say
a rider with their L, on a thou = fine for bike to big for licence, fine for no L plates, fine for exceeding 70km/hr Learner speed limit, and depending ontime of day(eg after 10pm) a fine for riding outside learner hours (breach licence conditions.)

when you look at it like that, it isnt a huge surprise that some just say fuckit,and dont bother with the licence at all.

DrunkenMistake
20th June 2011, 23:22
not having a licence at all negates some of the issues, e.g, no bike license on a thou = fine for operating a vehicle without the correct licence,as opposed to say
a rider with their L, on a thou = fine for bike to big for licence, fine for no L plates, fine for exceeding 70km/hr Learner speed limit, and depending ontime of day(eg after 10pm) a fine for riding outside learner hours (breach licence conditions.)

when you look at it like that, it isnt a huge surprise that some just say fuckit,and dont bother with the licence at all.

Never looked at it like that.
How much is the fine for not having a license though? Vs the cost of getting pinged outside of license limits

tigertim20
21st June 2011, 02:26
people who enjoy having aplay, but that are also man enough to accept the consequences of their actions.

Pay up. Get on with it.
Drain the urine from you rcornflakes and take a breath dude!!
nobody is subsidising him through rego, rego was put up because nick smith loves tranny hookers, and needed extra cash to fund his obsession, NOT because bikers werent paying it resulting in empty govt coffers. fark man!:mad:

Never looked at it like that.
How much is the fine for not having a license though? Vs the cost of getting pinged outside of license limits

four hundee, or it was.
fair to say that financially speaking, your better off with no bike licence, than a 6L or 6R, and being outside a couple conditions. Of course after getting caught the first time, youre marked. flip side is dont be a cunt, pick your playtimes wisely, and youll never get pulled over.

*tigertim20 in no way condones, supports,or suggests that this is the way to go*

davebullet
21st June 2011, 06:23
What I hadn't realised is in a temporary restriction zone - the lose your license limit increases by 10kph. For example. A 100kph zone is restricted to 70kph. You lose your licence at 120kph+.

Whatever happens at the time NEVER do a runner. I'd always choose $1,000+ in fines over death or maming someone else.

YellowDog
21st June 2011, 06:44
for

No rego (fuck you ACC)

We all do really stupid things on the road......... Sometimes....

Most of us get away with them, but occasionally we do get caught.

So:

Hard luck on getting caught.

Great to hear you (on behalf of your friend) reporting a more grown up Cop than most. Clearly it was just your speed that was the problem and not how you (your friend) were riding, or you (he/she) wouldn't have a licence anymore.

Looks like you (he/she) got away with this potentially show-stopping stunt. Most can't afford a 50 demerit point hit and still have a licence afterwards. The fines are cheap compared with the alternatives.

Glad to hear it was worth it and you or he or she won't have to risk the same again :2thumbsup

Owl
21st June 2011, 07:34

What are you doing about the headlight?

A pair of hardened glass Hella's are cheaper than a single OEM Triumph unit! If you get OEM, I've got a pair of headlight shields you can have. I haven't bothered putting them back on, as the Hella's are not that expensive.

Headbanger
21st June 2011, 10:13
What are you doing about the headlight?

A pair of hardened glass Hella's are cheaper than a single OEM Triumph unit! If you get OEM, I've got a pair of headlight shields you can have. I haven't bothered putting them back on, as the Hells's are not that expensive.

I've been looking for a non-Triumph replacement for months, Seems Google led me astray:mad:

All Ive been able to identify as replacement was some wanky aftermarket shit that costs a bomb.

I even went down to a local bike shop, removed the headlight in front of them and asked if I could get anything on the market to replace it, was told no...

So, if you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Big Dave
21st June 2011, 10:27
A cynic might say that there's the reason they changed to irregular rhomboid shape lights.

Latte
21st June 2011, 10:40
A cynic might say that there's the reason they changed to irregular rhomboid shape lights.

+1 <oooh yeah>

Owl
21st June 2011, 12:21
So, if you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

http://www.hella.co.nz/3-470-150/product/146mm-Halogen-High/Low-Beam-Insert---Hardened-Glass

These are what I bought and I think they're about $75+ each. OEM boots fit with a bit of effort and OEM park lights slot in also without modification.

There is a cheaper variant "1055", but they're only $5 less and I'm not sure about park light fitment. I purchased mine from Autokraft in Tremaine Ave, Palmy.

Mounting rings may require some filing, but that's a 60 second job.

Owl
21st June 2011, 12:26

Cause the round OEM are simply shit!:yes:

Big Dave
21st June 2011, 13:54
Cause the round OEM are simply shit!:yes:

You are talking to a Buell owner - yours are great.

short-circuit
21st June 2011, 14:51

The word is they are even worse for cracking

Banditbandit
21st June 2011, 15:43
Man I suck at Trolling.

You're Not Wrong ...

DrunkenMistake
21st June 2011, 15:52
You're Not Wrong ...

You dont appear to be much better ;)

Banditbandit
21st June 2011, 15:53
You dont appear to be much better ;)

I'm not trying ...

DrunkenMistake
21st June 2011, 16:06
I'm not trying ...

Whatever helps you sleep at night

scumdog
21st June 2011, 16:12
for

No rego (fuck you ACC)

Trouble?

No trouble at all - just some expense is all...

Banditbandit
21st June 2011, 16:13
Whatever helps you sleep at night

Oh that's easy .. THC ...

DrunkenMistake
21st June 2011, 16:20
Trouble?

No trouble at all - just some expense is all...

Hey scummy, if you ever ticketed me, would you accept hugs as payment?
:whistle::whistle:

scumdog
21st June 2011, 16:25
Hey scummy, if you ever ticketed me, would you accept hugs as payment?
:whistle::whistle:

Hmm, MAYBE if you are 38D-26-36, 6' tall and with long blonde, MAYBE...

DrunkenMistake
21st June 2011, 16:32
Hmm, MAYBE if you are 38D-26-36, 6' tall and with long blonde, MAYBE...

I dunno man, Im ok with the hugs, but I dont wanna role play with you on the side of the road..

scumdog
21st June 2011, 16:36
I dunno man, Im ok with the hugs, but I dont wanna role play with you on the side of the road..

Role play?
This ain't no 'role play'
Those 38-D's had better be real.:drool:

DrunkenMistake
21st June 2011, 16:38
Role play?
This ain't no 'role play'
Those 38-D's had better be real.:drool:

Ill just take the ticket then! geeeeeesh.

Haha

Owl
21st June 2011, 17:22
You are talking to a Buell owner - yours are great.

Greater than a candle.......yes!:laugh:

The word is they are even worse for cracking

I've seen two 2011's with cracked headlights now. Nasty, but both have since been replaced under warranty.

Headbanger
22nd June 2011, 22:43
http://www.hella.co.nz/3-470-150/product/146mm-Halogen-High/Low-Beam-Insert---Hardened-Glass

These are what I bought and I think they're about $75+ each. OEM boots fit with a bit of effort and OEM park lights slot in also without modification.

There is a cheaper variant "1055", but they're only $5 less and I'm not sure about park light fitment. I purchased mine from Autokraft in Tremaine Ave, Palmy.

Mounting rings may require some filing, but that's a 60 second job.

Sweet, Just to make sure, can you take a squizz at the pics I uploaded and confirm the hella units can be used as a replacement.

Owl
22nd June 2011, 22:56
Sweet, Just to make sure, can you take a squizz at the pics I uploaded and confirm the hella units can be used as a replacement.

Looks identical to mine, so shouldn't be a problem.

Couple of other points: The parks lights in the Hella's are offset to the right and the glass protrudes slightly further than OEM. If that doesn't bother you, you'll be sweet!