PDA

View Full Version : Help - Wednesday night Sth Akl ride?

Elaine
23rd June 2011, 09:01
Thought the Wednesday night South Akl, meeting at shell station Clevedon Rd, would be a good oportunity to learn some skills as new to riding. I went there last night but there was no one there. Went along to manukau carpark uncase I missed everyone but no one there either. Is this event still a happening thing and how do I find out more info?

Crasherfromwayback
23rd June 2011, 09:03
Move to Wellington, everyone of note has abandoned Auckland.

Maha
23rd June 2011, 10:20
Thought the Wednesday night South Akl, meeting at shell station Clevedon Rd, would be a good oportunity to learn some skills as new to riding. I went there last night but there was no one there. Went along to manukau carpark uncase I missed everyone but no one there either. Is this event still a happening thing and how do I find out more info?

This?...http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/117274-South-Auckland-Street-Skills

I would say get in contact with Sis or 'quote post' her on the thread to find out what is happning.

tbs
23rd June 2011, 14:59

SASS as it is known will be great for you. It's best to check the SASS thread posted by Maha on a Wednesday afternoon to see what is happening. If you think you might get there a bit late then post up and they'll wait for you. I go on the odd occasion I'm not up at Woodhill mountain biking. They're a great group of people... very friendly and they will happily work with you to improve your riding. It starts with a group ride, the pace of which is geared to the slowest rider, which then finishes at the Manukau car-park for a skills session, before heading to a local pub for a drink and a chat. When it is raining they usually head straight to the pub and watch skills videos instead. I heartily recommend going along! Might even see you there some time.

tbs.

Banditbandit
23rd June 2011, 15:19

All at home watching SAMCRO ??

Sis
28th June 2011, 21:02
Gidday

We will be at Clevedon tomorrow night, leaving 7 pm.

What area are you coming from?

Sis