PDA

View Full Version : WOF at VTNZ, FFS...

Fatt Max
23rd June 2011, 14:40
What A fucking drama….

Took my bike into VTNZ at Botany to get a WOF. Guy comes out all ‘Lord & Master’ and starts poking around at the bike, fair enough, give him his due as he is doing his job. I could have done without the constant sighing and tutting etc but bit me tongue and let him go for it.

Checks the brake lights, all good on the rear pedal but for some reason not working on the front lever, ok I can get that sorted but he tells me how lucky I am not to be failed on it and I should be very grateful and blah de blah de fucking blah (thought he was going to ask me to get down and su….forget it, too unhygienic)

Then we get to the indicators….

Well, fuck me, left then right then left then right, I can hear the guy tutting even louder and then he announces that he is going to fail this motorcycle because of its tinted indicators.

“Bollocks” I retort, “ this bike has had a warrant since I’ve had it and the indicators have never been a problem”

“Well, I’m failing you all the same, they are tinted and not visible”

Twat, granted that they are a bit dull but a quick rub with a cloth and a small squirt of a suitable cleaner (courtesy of Botany Repco) and they were bright as a button.

Takes the bike back, he still insists he cant see the indicators so I say to him “Well Mr Wonder sir, can I see the manager” but he has already involved the grumpy old bastard who is not having a bar of my argument.

“For fuck sake”, I exclaimed, “I’ve taken the lenses off, cleaned them inside and out and replaced them good as new. They are clean as a nuns conscience so stop fucking about and give me my WOF”

After a few more grumbles, self righteous comments and “bloody bikers coming in here like they own the place” mutterings, I get my WOF and was on my way.

VTNZ can fuck off, I’ll get my WOF done where you don’t need a white stick and a Labrador to quality as Hannibal Lector the Vehicle Inspector

MSTRS
23rd June 2011, 14:44
All such WOF places have their prats.
It's a wonder that the old Katanas ever get/got wofs...seen the color of their lenses?

oneofsix
23rd June 2011, 14:46
sounds like they don't like dealing with bikes and it is a win win. You got your wof and they will not have to deal with at least 1 more bike.

DEATH_INC.
23rd June 2011, 14:48
I'm not far from botany, next time gimme a holler and I'll book you in here.

Bodir
23rd June 2011, 15:06
I had no problems with VTNZ Westgate, nice and friendly to me and the two bikers that arrived before me too. One was failed, but in a nice and polite way since his front shock was leaking oil. Absolute professionals.

Funny though, he did not want to ride my bike. Granted he was only about 168 cm but hell, no risk, no fun :)

Maha
23rd June 2011, 15:10
I'm not far from botany, next time gimme a holler and I'll book you in here.

I have never taken a bike to a VTNZ, I prefer to take it to someone who knows what they are about rather than make a judgement based on a personal view.

Fatt Max
23rd June 2011, 15:17
I prefer to take it to someone who knows what they are about rather than make a judgement based on a personal view.

This is also true when I get a dose of galloping knob rot

Scuba_Steve
23rd June 2011, 15:18
I have never taken a bike to a VTNZ, I prefer to take it to someone who knows what they are about rather than make a judgement based on a personal view.

haha thats why I take it to VTNZ when I want an easy pass :shutup:.

bogan
23rd June 2011, 15:23
Imo WOFs aren't worth the paper they are written on, bastards still charge a hell of a lot more than that though <_<

If you want your bike checked for safety, get it looked at or serviced by somebody who knows bikes. If you want compliance, find a testing station that is on the relaxed side and make sure you know enough about bikes to keep it in shape.

Did the lenses have E marking on them? That shows compliance. Pretty sure mine have a fair amount of tint on them as standard but never had any issues down here, VTNZ palmy are real good to deal with, which is probably why there is such a huge wait every time I go.

Maha
23rd June 2011, 15:28
haha thats why I take it to VTNZ when I want an easy pass :shutup:.

Some years ago we took our caravan to the VTNZ, it was rejected because in the opinion of the ''tester'' the safety chain needed to be attached differently (cant remember why or how was a while ago.
The brake lines (once again, in his opinion) needed to be covered. The reason was, if we were ever to take it on a gravel road they make get damaged by a stone...fuck off I will never tow it on a gravel road...never.

Even the guy at Pitstop thought WTF?...and he knows about brakes right.

Scuba_Steve
23rd June 2011, 15:32
Some years ago we took our caravan to the VTNZ, it was rejected because in the opinion of the ''tester'' the safety chain needed to be attached differently (cant remember why or how was a while ago.
The brake lines (once again, in his opinion) needed to be covered. The reason was, if we were ever to take it on a gravel road they make get damaged by a stone...fuck off I will never tow it on a gravel road...never.

Even the guy at Pitstop thought WTF?...and he knows about brakes right.

oh yea I'd never take a cage type vehicle there for an easy pass, just bikes. They wouldn't know which way was front if the handle bars didn't give it away I'm sure.

fliplid
23rd June 2011, 18:07
The VTNZ in Puke seems to be on the good side then re bikes- the testers there I've had dealings with are riders.

jaffaonajappa
23rd June 2011, 18:12
This is also true when I get a dose of galloping knob rot

Wire Brush Wins.

Or a Surprise Wine and Cheese evening

ukusa
23rd June 2011, 18:18
too hard to tar all VTNZ's with the same brush. All it takes is one over zealous idiot employed by a branch to put you off.
Saying that, I don't use them myself. I have heard too many horror stories lol.

Fatt Max
23rd June 2011, 18:22
too hard to tar all VTNZ's with the same brush. All it takes is one over zealous idiot employed by a branch to put you off.
Saying that, I don't use them myself. I have heard too many horror stories lol.

Reckon I had a bit of a 'jobs worth' to be honest, loved lording it up and being 'Da Man'

Funnily enough, its the same VTNZ that we take our cage to and that seems to 'fail' something every time, should have known better really

MIXONE
23rd June 2011, 18:25
VTNZ hires failed mechanics as their testers.

DEATH_INC.
23rd June 2011, 18:58
Even the guy at Pitstop thought WTF?...and he knows about brakes right. :laugh: There's a Tui add in that right there!

DEATH_INC.
23rd June 2011, 19:00
Correct. Our warrant guy is a fellow biker (ZX10 too...he's got taste!) and has been for very many years. Also a Qualified mechanic.

DEATH_INC.
23rd June 2011, 19:02

That'd be really funny if it wasn't true.

JimO
23rd June 2011, 19:38
, its the same VTNZ that we take our cage to and that seems to 'fail' something every time, should have known better really

its coz your a cunt

caseye
23rd June 2011, 19:53
Hummmmmmmm. Seems to me it's about time that the FBMC went En Mass to this establishment and all rode in for warrants.
Loud raucous cheering and booing if one is failed followed by serious talking to, to those who cant do their damned job properly.
I sincerely hope FM that you go back and Bill em for the time they wasted, time you don't get paid for butt which they DO!
Are they open on Sundae morning, by any chance?????

Old Steve
23rd June 2011, 20:08
Took my bike to VTNZ Birch Ave Tauranga. The girl at reception said, "You're lucky, we only have the one motorbike tester, he only works one weekend in two, but he's on this weekend." So the guy has a look over GLORIA, hops on and takes off for 5 minutes. Came back and said, "The changes you made to the pipes sound good don't they. She's OK for her warrant."

He's definitely one of us.

MIXONE
23rd June 2011, 21:08
That'd be really funny if it wasn't true.

It's 100% true alright.I used to work with a guy who after finishing his apprentiship could still fuck up an oil change.The boss finally fired him and he walked straight into a job with guess who?

hellokitty
23rd June 2011, 21:14
I had no problems with VTNZ Westgate, nice and friendly to me and the two bikers that arrived before me too. One was failed, but in a nice and polite way since his front shock was leaking oil. Absolute professionals.

Funny though, he did not want to ride my bike. Granted he was only about 168 cm but hell, no risk, no fun :)

DO they have to test ride the bike? I noticed when the old CBR1000 was tested, no one test road it..... Stupid old :tugger: wouldn't have coped anyway.
I get the bike shop to do it, I don't want some old grump that hates bikes to do it. or someone that has some preconceived notion about a particular make of bike

munster
23rd June 2011, 21:16
The VTNZ in Puke seems to be on the good side then re bikes- the testers there I've had dealings with are riders.

Same, though last time the guy nearly fell off & dropped it when he tested the horn.

I'd just upgraded to the Stebel Nautilus.

munster
23rd June 2011, 21:18
and failed builders are council building permit inspectors, I know from personal experience.

SWERVE
23rd June 2011, 21:25
I was a vehicle tester in the UK for nearly 20yrs before coming to NZ. I have tested every thing from royal family vehicles - supercars - and the oldest vehicle still driven on UK roads...... averaged 2300 tests a year.
So feel qualified to comment.......... all the VTNZ testers (and generally other staff) that i have encountered are............................................... .................................................. ....................... the most self-righteous..useless bunch of cretins i have ever come across......wont go near them,:tugger:
My company insists on still using them so still regualary get to suffer them on someone elses behalf:lol:

hellokitty
23rd June 2011, 21:31
I don't understand how they can comply (omg how do you spell comply?) a vehicle and then fail it 6 months later for non-compliance :tugger: had endless problem with an American car they complied, and then picked to pieces every 6 month for ever more until the car was sold.

skinman
23rd June 2011, 22:12
you took an american car to VTNZ, they would be all :confused:, an thats just finding the steering wheel. I always took mine to an old car guy who didnt expect it to stop an steer like a modern japp.
Mine was a 54 Dodge tho. no seatbelts, drums all round, no power steer etc
I take my bike to a bike repair guy who also does warrants.

nzspokes
23rd June 2011, 22:19
My old Commodore got failed on a Wof for a small sticker on of my kids put on the inside of the passengers side rear door. Thats all they failed it on. At VTNZ Manukau. They wanted me to come back later for re-testing. I got into the car and took the sticker off and told him to give me the F#$%ing wof. He said he didnt like Aussie cars.

Sorry not bikes.

Virago
23rd June 2011, 23:06
As with anything else, you're dealing with human beings with all their foibles, faults, and failings.

My brother's car failed a VTNZ WOF, detailing steering tie-rod, suspension bush, and brake faults. After puzzling over (and under) it for a while, we took it to the brand dealership who confirmed that it was fine, and issued a WOF. Six months later, the car was taken back to VTNZ, who passed it without fault.

I've had similarly bizarre VTNZ WOF failures on my trailer. I will no longer use VTNZ - car and trailer WOFs are done by car dealerships, and bike WOFs by bike shops. Perhaps because I've developed good relationships with those agencies, I've not had any cases of bogus WOF failures to generate repair work, which is often the reason given for using VTNZ - the "independent non-repair" WOF experts. In my experience their independent status seems to induce some bizarre non-accountability, and actions based on personal dislikes.

Fatt Max
23rd June 2011, 23:19
its coz your a cunt

I was wondering when my missus was going to respond....

Gremlin
24th June 2011, 03:16
Which VTNZ? There's The Hub, one behind Stationery Warehouse, and another in Cryers Rd.

I've been to the Hub heaps, 2-4 bikes a year, pretty much no problem. Cryers Rd, the guy even knew what I was up to with one... *ahem* grey mod, but he said, look, it's a point in time, it complys right now, and if you change it after, not my problem.

I think a couple of English blokes run those 3? Musta seen you coming from a mile away...

Spearfish
24th June 2011, 07:26
Fatt Max if that's how you post when slightly pissed off I cant wait for a real rant, farken funny!

Not that I don't empathise with you on that one.

Maha
24th June 2011, 07:35
Correct. Our warrant guy is a fellow biker (ZX10 too...he's got taste!) and has been for very many years. Also a Qualified mechanic.

Our bike warrant guy no longer works as a mechanic, I now take it to the local wreckers (on the same bit of land as the VTNZ) to get a warrant, they are certified bike warrant givers.

Taz
24th June 2011, 08:02
Now your wofs going to expire 2 days before christmas..... Get in early for the xmas break.

oneofsix
24th June 2011, 08:05
Now your wofs going to expire 2 days before christmas..... Get in early for the xmas break.

wtf? thought you only had to WOF bikes once a year or did you only get 6 months rego? :corn:

Swoop
24th June 2011, 09:32
He wanted to fail it because of the pie crumbs and flakey pastry around the seat.

Next time just distract him by putting a potato-top pie next to the headers. The yummy smell will divert his attention!

boman
24th June 2011, 09:41
I have never gone to VTNZ for a WOF. And whilst I have a choice. I never will. Bunch of prats work there.

Katman
24th June 2011, 10:02
wtf? thought you only had to WOF bikes once a year or did you only get 6 months rego? :corn:

The first six years are yearly WOFs - six monthly after that.

SILVER SUZI
24th June 2011, 10:11
I had a VTNZ guy want to fail my old Suzuki once....................... until I explaind the theory behind "FLOATING DISCS"!
I prefer to stick to using bike shops now too. I want to know if my bike is going to kill me, not if my headlight is dirty.

cheshirecat
24th June 2011, 10:14
Some years ago, well too many, I was parked (conspicuously illegally as ever) in Trafalger Square delivering to the South African Emabassy. As I come out one of the cops wandered over and noticed my MOT (UK WOF) was out of date. He said if it were only a week or so thats was fine but a year was taking the piss and gave me a ticket. London cops were very tolerant of DR riders. Down at the bike shop they failed it because of the rear shock, saying it was really dangerous. This threw me since I reckoned it was the best handling bike I'd ever owned and the week before clocked up 130mph (fiction of course) down the M4, no weaves or anything. It was a Honda VF500 and tracked brilliantly in all road conditons. Certainly safer and better at speed than the CBX1000 I'd previously owned - almost as fast as well. Rear air mono shocks were completely new to me and so was the little air nipple eventually discovered hiding behind a side panel. I put in some 30psi, well well over the max I discovered afterwards, but it passed in a different garage.

Scuba_Steve
24th June 2011, 10:42
The first six years are yearly WOFs - six monthly after that.

why? you only need one for a rego license & thats once a year like oneofsix said :yes:

willytheekid
24th June 2011, 10:57
Good thread fatmax :2thumbsup

My "PhatGirl" went through VTNZ when i first bought her (the bike shop put her through...NOT my choice).
They had gaven her a WOF, I bought the bike and off I tootled (from Dunners to ChCh).....now THIS is the standards of VTNZ.
On the ride home alone I noticed the clutch was naffed, the front shocks where DANGEROUSLY adjusted and the electrics where failing (dash flicking on & off) and the brake light was either turning off or jamming on, and the front end was "buzzing"?
Got her home and done a serious check myself.....front wheel bearings where collapsed! the brake shoes in the rear where Farked, all the earths on the wiring loom were attached to painted parts so weren't actually earthing and, most dangerous of all, the drive shaft had been assembled incorrectly and was not aligned!...meaning it could have sheared the splines or worse, vibrated the bearings to pieces and locked the arse end up! (Guzzi owners worst nightmare!)
Personally, I have NEVER trusted or used VTNZ for WOF's, I always find a reputable motorcycle mechanic to do so, and even then, get them to give the bike a GOOD look over.(In the off chance I have missed something)
Screw VTNZ!, they are in it for the money, not for the safety!

scumdog
24th June 2011, 11:05

My "PhatGirl" went through VTNZ when i first bought her (the bike shop put her through...NOT my choice).
They had gaven her a WOF, I bought the bike and off I tootled (from Dunners to ChCh).....now THIS is the standards of VTNZ.
On the ride home alone I noticed the clutch was naffed, the front shocks where DANGEROUSLY adjusted and the electrics where failing (dash flicking on & off) and the brake light was either turning off or jamming on, and the front end was "buzzing"?
Got her home and done a serious check myself.....front wheel bearings where collapsed! the brake shoes in the rear where Farked, all the earths on the wiring loom were attached to painted parts so weren't actually earthing and, most dangerous of all, the drive shaft had been assembled incorrectly and was not aligned!...meaning it could have sheared the splines or worse, vibrated the bearings to pieces and locked the arse end up! (Guzzi owners worst nightmare!)
Personally, I have NEVER trusted or used VTNZ for WOF's, I always find a reputable motorcycle mechanic to do so, and even then, get them to give the bike a GOOD look over.(In the off chance I have missed something)

I doubt a WOF check would have picked up many of these faults, even the front wheel bearing could have been on its last legs but passed.

ANd to be the devils advocate: The rear shoes mya have been 'farked' but worked - and WOF places don't pull brakes apart to check how worn they are.

And there's the possibility the WOF guy might not take the bike for a test ride (There's plenty of prissy owners on KB who say "Nobody but ME rides MY bike")

It seems some people expect too much from a WOF check - while others moan because the guy was 'picky' for being thorough....

oneofsix
24th June 2011, 11:09

yep yep yep. Your bike was taken to VTNZ by a bike shop it therefore past through assumption or 'don't piss off one of our best customers" corporate think.
I took Kate to VTNZ for her 1st WOF renewal. To paraphrase what was over heard it was basically that this is a new looking bike therefore pass. They did a run through but it was a once over lightly. Took it back to the dealer this year.

jono750
24th June 2011, 11:53
From the other side... in an independant motorcycle workshop we were having our WOF inspection procedures examined by a goon from LTSA (as part of staying current). He asked how we checked tyre tread depth - he was shown the vernier slide/caliper used - to which he stated that "we should be using a match head" - if I wasn't there I wouldn't have bloody believed it!!

Bald Eagle
24th June 2011, 11:55
F - to which he stated that "we should be using a match head" - if I wasn't there I wouldn't have bloody believed it!!

So do you need to be a smoker to issue WOF's then :rofl:

Owl
24th June 2011, 12:27
WoF at a bike shop only for me! They're smart enough to fail a bike on actual issues and they'll let common sense items slide.

pritch
24th June 2011, 16:05
Following an exercise in frustration with VTNZ, spoke to the then chief of the Transport Dept who told me not to take my wagon there. He told me that he never took his own cars there.

The bike shop I deal with doesn't do WoFs but they sent me to the guy they use. He's good, he won't pass rubbish but he doesn't stuff me about either.

BAY CITY MOTORCYCLES
24th June 2011, 16:41
Took my bike to VTNZ Birch Ave Tauranga. The girl at reception said, "You're lucky, we only have the one motorbike tester, he only works one weekend in two, but he's on this weekend." So the guy has a look over GLORIA, hops on and takes off for 5 minutes. Came back and said, "The changes you made to the pipes sound good don't they. She's OK for her warrant."

He's definitely one of us.

Agreed....also out on Hewlitts Rd

toycollector10
24th June 2011, 17:29
I have been warranting three cars and two bikes over the years. Every time there was a (non) issue it was at a VTNZ outfit then I wised up and now have a regular guy who knows me, my bikes and cars. I trust his judgement so it doesn't get much better.

Flip
24th June 2011, 18:41
I took my 45 year old sports car in to the Wellington Seaview testing station. The old dick who was testing it went over, over and over the car for an hour. Finally took the car off the line and continued to inspect it. During which time the line of vehicles had extended past the drive way and drivers were leaving the que. His colleagues came over and he told them that there was always some thing wrong with all old cars, they just gave me a sorry look and left...... He finally found that if he pulled the steering wheel really hard up and down he could cause the spline on the steering box to slip a bit. Now the the steering spline is retained by the pinch bolt and could not come out. He declared that the car was dangerous and had failed and I had to fix the problem and bring the vehicle back.

Well I opened the tool kit, pulled out my trusty 7/16 open ender at which stage the old fart came up behind me and told me I could not fix the car there and had to take it away for repairs. I told him to get stuffed, tightened the pinch bolt and told him to re-inspect the bloody car.

I won't deal with VTNZ anymore, my company will not deal with VTNZ and I advise anybody I know not to deal with VTNZ. Some of them are just a bunch of NAZI wankers in their blue uniforms.

I believe the problem is these morons have to fail a certain percentage of the vehicles they inspect for "benchmarking reasons" so for example if the first 10 vehicles in the que are 1 year old almost new ones you are fucked.

toycollector10
24th June 2011, 18:55
Somebody post this thread to VTNZ Head Office FFS...Bloody Wankers!

Scuba_Steve
24th June 2011, 19:05
hasn't someone commented in the past that you can complain to someone & get them re-evaluated at their expense??? If so I suggest anytime anyone goes to a VTNZ pass or fail we request a re-evaluation... they'll soon get the point (or go broke either ways good :D)

Zamiam
24th June 2011, 19:14
WoF at a bike shop only for me! They're smart enough to fail a bike on actual issues and they'll let common sense items slide.

Ditto for me - too much risk of damage to me if something missed

Hiflyer
24th June 2011, 19:24
I took my Hornet to VTNZ once.

Then they asked where reverse was and how to use the indicators.

Katman
24th June 2011, 19:34
I believe the problem is these morons have to fail a certain percentage of the vehicles they inspect for "benchmarking reasons" so for example if the first 10 vehicles in the que are 1 year old almost new ones you are fucked.

To a degree, you're right.

If an Issuing Authority fails less than 10% of their warrants, the powers that be at NZTA look closely at that agency.

Scuba_Steve
24th June 2011, 19:49
I took my Hornet to VTNZ once.

Then they asked where reverse was and how to use the indicators.

did you tell him, & then charge him 120$ for your services???

varminter
24th June 2011, 19:51
Wife took the PT Cruiser for a test at VTNZ. Fog lights no go. As far as I know they never have, didn't know how to switch them on and no, you're not allowed to unplug them they have to be removed FFS. To add insult to injury she paid the buggers to check all the lubricants, auto transmission oil needs changing, ditto brake fluid, and so on. Took it to oil changers who have a vested interest in replacing such stuff, "no, it's all good, don't know what they are talking about". An honest person!! I'll have him stuffed and mounted.

racefactory
25th June 2011, 09:31
Sorry to hear about that mate. What a power hungry prick!

VTNZ is usually a breeze because they are clueless and don't know what to look for. That's why I take all my bikes there, no hassle... just get the fucking bureaucracy over and done with and get me my sticker. Think you just got unlucky there. They have even asked me how to get it in reverse before!

chasio
25th June 2011, 11:56
Took mine to VTNZ on Sunnybrae once. No problem at all, but the brake check was me riding the bike around a couple of times and braking in front of him; once on front and once on rear. Seemed a bit odd, but who cares? I agree that I'd rather have a good bike mechanic actually check the bike.

That said, the tester for AA on Sunnybrae rides an old Beemer and seems like a good bugger. So that's where I usually go. I just ring and find out when he'll be on beforehand.

Mokadah
25th June 2011, 16:19
Wow such a range of experiences, almost like it depends who you get on which day at which branch...

The bloke at my local VTNZ did quite a few laps of the place 'testing' my bike, and his only comment about the loud pipes was asking me not to open it up in front of any cops with his warrant on it.

davebullet
25th June 2011, 16:27
VTNZ are a bunch of douche-bags period! I won't even take my car in there.

I always use a motorcycle shop. a) they can ride them (not sure if it is a WOF requirement to do a road test) and b) support their income.

VTNZ don't need it and they sure as hell can get fuckity fucked.

jasonu
25th June 2011, 17:09
you took an american car to VTNZ,
Mine was a 54 Dodge tho. no seatbelts, drums all round, no power steer etc

Still way better than some old pommy shitbox. (and some of the newer ones too)

Teflon
25th June 2011, 17:11
Frankton VTNZ have always been good to me.. I have full Muzzy propipe on the 12, and out of respect for them, I always cruise out of there and wait a few k's before giving it shit..

bunch of good cunts

MikeD400
25th June 2011, 21:49

Its the scruffy white dude that is a rider eh? Ive always seen him jump and stand to attention when a bike comes in while im waiting for my cage to get a WOF.

pete376403
25th June 2011, 22:29
Mnay years ago, took the GS1100 (pretty heavy old shitter) to VTNZ in Upper Hutt one rainy Saturday. The tester locked up the front brakes on the wet super smooth concrete and only just avoided dropping it into the pit. (now that would have been a laugh)
He couldn't get off it quick enough after that and issue the warrant.

bsasuper
26th June 2011, 20:13

I took my bike there while up from rotovegas, ride past the cars waiting and park inside, bike riding tester (who last time had a nice ducati monster parked up) will get straight on it.

R1SK
26th June 2011, 21:20
VTNZ are a bunch of douche-bags period! I won't even take my car in there.

I always use a motorcycle shop. a) they can ride them (not sure if it is a WOF requirement to do a road test) and b) support their income.

VTNZ don't need it and they sure as hell can get fuckity fucked.

Yeah I fully agree - I won't be going back to VTNZ. I went to VTNZ Parnell the other week for a warrant, and after waiting around for an HOUR despite being third in the "queue" I promptly failed on a faulty brake light switch, although not until after I had to spend the whole time sitting on/moving my bike as the guy would even touch it :mellow:

- Points to the guy for spotting the light fault thou (I didn't)

This guy also said he wasn't technically qualified to WoF bikes, but he can because he got his cert before a specific bike one came into effect and is exempt. Umm.... wtf?

Peeteey
30th June 2011, 19:00
Last time I took my Katana there they dropped it AND were ancy about paying for it.
They DID pay ($500 for fairing repairs and a new clutch lever) but man did they complain about it ...

Never had an issue with them before then.

YellowDog
30th June 2011, 19:09
I've always used VTNZ in Glenfield. No probs at all (apart from recording my Kms as Miles).

Agree with comment about giving bike shops work. May start doing this.

DEVVIL
30th June 2011, 19:27
Its the scruffy white dude that is a rider eh? Ive always seen him jump and stand to attention when a bike comes in while im waiting for my cage to get a WOF.
That will be Rick
$20 for a bike WOF and $30 for a car just past Pack n Save/Fire station:woohoo:(Pukekohe)