PDA

View Full Version : Wheres your "legal stuff?"

DingDong
3rd July 2005, 16:02
I got a ticket today... was going to happen sooner or later $400 no class 6 on my licience and $300 speeding... lucky I'm rego'd and warrented or that would have been another $400 each! ($1500)

How many KBers are completely legal? (dont incriminate yourself)

Im going to sit it now... to keep the goon squad happy, but I must say the coppa was pretty good... he let me ride the bike home, cheers for that.

Waylander
3rd July 2005, 16:09
You don't have a bike lisence?

Hmm....

Anyway I am completely legal though my year of driving/riding on a foriegn (sp?) lisence will be ending in the next week or so. Need to update rego and WOF soon aswell.

hXc
3rd July 2005, 16:14
No Lisence, no Rego, no WOF.

Don't ya just love dirt bikes and bucketracers. Oh, I'm 14.

Coyote
3rd July 2005, 16:20
No warrant yet. Only got a bit left to fix up then I should be sweet. Then I can get my restricted and (legally) go 100kph!!

Virago
3rd July 2005, 16:25
Currently 100% legal.

With 3 cars 1 bike and 1 trailer, WOF Rego Lubes and Insurance have to be under constant scrutiny, otherwise I lose track.

Sometimes I can go for months without ever driving Mrs VV's car. At one stage she drove around for over 3 months with no WOF. Apparently it was my fault. I checked the oil level at the same time - couldn't find any on the dipstick. That was my fault too.

crashe
3rd July 2005, 16:26
Totally legal for everything....hehehehehe :rofl:

ok I am 100% legal with all my vehicles....
Got all full licenses as well for bike, car and Truck.

Beemer
3rd July 2005, 16:34
Three cars, six bikes and a trailer, costs us a fortune, but all the vehicles that are on the road at any one time are warranted, registered and we've got licences to drive/ride them. One car is on exemption, it's a classic so we only register when we plan on using it, one bike is a trail bike so nothing needed for that, two bikes (the Beemer 'cos it's up for sale and not being used and a Honda that only gets used in summer) are on exemption, but the other two cars and the other three bikes and trailer are all up-to-date and legal.

I resent having to pay for all of them to be legal when we can only drive/ride one at a time, to me it's like paying for every electrical appliance in your house even when they are switched off. But having said that, we have to travel along a main highway to get home in either direction, and there are often WOF and rego checks so it's just not worth the fines.

Virago
3rd July 2005, 16:40
[QUOTE=Beemer]Three cars, six bikes and a trailer, costs us a fortune.......QUOTE]
Ah now I feel better, I just needed someone that had it worse than me - thanks for that! :niceone:

ajturbo
3rd July 2005, 16:44
Currently 100% legal.

With 3 cars 1 bike and 1 trailer, WOF Rego Lubes and Insurance have to be under constant scrutiny, otherwise I lose track.

Sometimes I can go for months without ever driving Mrs VV's car. At one stage she drove around for over 3 months with no WOF. Apparently it was my fault. I checked the oil level at the same time - couldn't find any on the dipstick. That was my fault too.

get a longer dip stick:whistle: ..( i hear that mrs VV would love a longer one to play with:whistle: :whistle: )

Beemer
3rd July 2005, 16:46
[QUOTE=Beemer]Three cars, six bikes and a trailer, costs us a fortune.......QUOTE]
Ah now I feel better, I just needed someone that had it worse than me - thanks for that! :niceone:

Not to mention the petrol, oil and tyres for all of them too! Lucky we don't have kids, neither of us smoke and I'm the only one who drinks or we'd be totally broke!

Motu
3rd July 2005, 16:53
I have all sorts of licences and my bikes and cars have WoF and rego - although sometimes the bikes might not be exactly what it says on the label.

Beemer
3rd July 2005, 16:55
I have all sorts of licences and my bikes and cars have WoF and rego - although sometimes the bikes might not be exactly what it says on the label.

Um, yeah, I second that Motu... :whistle:

Waylander
3rd July 2005, 17:12
Three cars, six bikes and a trailer, costs us a fortune, but all the vehicles that are on the road at any one time are warranted, registered and we've got licences to drive/ride them. One car is on exemption, it's a classic so we only register when we plan on using it, one bike is a trail bike so nothing needed for that, two bikes (the Beemer 'cos it's up for sale and not being used and a Honda that only gets used in summer) are on exemption, but the other two cars and the other three bikes and trailer are all up-to-date and legal.

I resent having to pay for all of them to be legal when we can only drive/ride one at a time, to me it's like paying for every electrical appliance in your house even when they are switched off. But having said that, we have to travel along a main highway to get home in either direction, and there are often WOF and rego checks so it's just not worth the fines.
Shite.... I just have the one bike to worry about and can barley manage the money for it.

DingDong
3rd July 2005, 17:47
All I need is a class 6, I have 1,F and W and all my vehicles are legal.
What has stopped me is the thought that I'll still get fines for another 18 months on the RF, until I get a full class6 and I'm not perpared to buy a 250 in the mean time.
Another shitty thought; is that I have to sit the full class 1 test... I last sat the test in 1989! and I dont think I should have to do it again :Punk: . You'd think a race history would have some bearing on getting a licience too... but it dont.

justsomeguy
3rd July 2005, 17:50
Totally legal, except my L-Plate fell off this one time I was showing Rossi the lines at Laguna Seca......

And as for speeding - hmmm...... I haven't been speeding (not in the last 1/2 hour anyway:whistle: )

Hehehe - am a bit high at the moment :wacko: -- just went to Helensville and returned via Cheenic Dwive :spudboogeboth ways.............Awwwww Cheenic Dwive:love:

...........haaaaaa :eek:

:doobey:

rfc85
3rd July 2005, 17:58
All I need is a class 6, I have 1,F and W and all my vehicles are legal.
What has stopped me is the thought that I'll still get fines for another 18 months on the RF, until I get a full class6 and I'm not perpared to buy a 250 in the mean time.
Another shitty thought; is that I have to sit the full class 1 test... I last sat the test in 1989! and I dont think I should have to do it again :Punk: . You'd think a race history would have some bearing on getting a licience too... but it dont.
I sat mine 3 months ago have had 1,2,3,4,5 for yonks USED to have a provional bike licence back in the 70s but did not do the ride part and then lost it for DIC wish I had got it back then its a pain haveing the big "L" stuck on the back

DingDong
3rd July 2005, 18:04
I sat mine 3 months ago have had 1,2,3,4,5 for yonks USED to have a provional bike licence back in the 70s but did not do the ride part and then lost it for DIC wish I had got it back then its a pain haveing the big "L" stuck on the back
I will pay another $400 B4 I put a big yellow "L" on my bike...It's only 18 months, I've been riding for alot longer than that :devil2:

rfc85
3rd July 2005, 18:08
Only another 3 months till I get my restricted and can ditch it AND go 100 leaglly

DingDong
3rd July 2005, 18:16
Only another 3 months till I get my restricted and can ditch it AND go 100 leaglly
I'll sit it next week... you'll need to watch the BOP KBers posts in the Meeting threads, we'll more than likely be heading through Rotorua over the comming months.

Virago
3rd July 2005, 18:18
get a longer dip stick:whistle: ..( i hear that mrs VV would love a longer one to play with:whistle: :whistle: )
Ahh, must be getting old. My dipstick doesn't do the job, and Mrs VV hasn't got enough lubrication.......

DingDong
3rd July 2005, 18:21
Ahh, must be getting old. My dipstick doesn't do the job, and Mrs VV hasn't got enough lubrication.......
Dont be concerned... Its just the cold :rofl:

Bonez
3rd July 2005, 18:35
GaxAxe is on resto but has been know to be a Honda on occation-all 80s in line 4s all look the same ya know :whistle:

zadok
3rd July 2005, 18:45
Completely legal, of course. :innocent:

WINJA
3rd July 2005, 18:47
I got a ticket today... was going to happen sooner or later $400 no class 6 on my licience and $300 speeding... lucky I'm rego'd and warrented or that would have been another $400 each! ($1500)

How many KBers are completely legal? (dont incriminate yourself)

Im going to sit it now... to keep the goon squad happy, but I must say the coppa was pretty good... he let me ride the bike home, cheers for that.
WHY DIDNT YOU DO A RUNNER, YOU ARE WELCOME TO HIDE OUT AT MY HOUSE IF YOU HELP ME FIX MY ROOF, CRAZY STEVE DIDNT TURN UP TO DAY AS HE PROMISED, NEXT TIME HE TRIES TO HIDE OUT AT MY PLACE IM GOING TO PUT A DISC LOCK ON HIS BIKE AND CALL THE PIGS

DingDong
3rd July 2005, 18:52
Fuck :oi-grr: I would have done a runna but I was on SH2 there were two cop cars, I'd need to run through TePuke, I would have run outta gas before I got to your place... and if I did get to your place the the helicopter would have seen me through the hole in your roof :yes:

WINJA
3rd July 2005, 18:55
Fuck :oi-grr: I would have done a runna but I was on SH2 there were two cop cars, I'd need to run through TePuke, I would have run outta gas before I got to your place... and if I did get to your place the the helicopter would have seen me through the hole in your roof :yes:
MY BIKE ROOM IS THE OLD SLEEPOUT AND THAT DONT LEAK , I PRIORITIZED THAT ROOF

Jackrat
3rd July 2005, 19:06
Always totaly legit,not riding a bike that's not an not riding if I'm not.
I reckon I pay enough taxes as it is.

scumdog
3rd July 2005, 20:35
Same problem here but not as bad - most of our cars are over forty years old, = half price rego and no back-dating if the rego is allowed to run out for a couple of months :2thumbsup

Virago
3rd July 2005, 20:46
Same problem here but not as bad - most of our cars are over forty years old, = half price rego and no back-dating if the rego is allowed to run out for a couple of months :2thumbsup
Trouble with old cars is the WOF's - unless you can bribe your local mechanic :msn-wink:

scumdog
3rd July 2005, 20:59
Trouble with old cars is the WOF's - unless you can bribe your local mechanic :msn-wink:

I know, uses up time that could be better spent - like on this site!

Lou Girardin
4th July 2005, 08:17
Almost totally legal. Will be 100% when I get the licence label on the bike instead of in my wallet.
Damn Alzheimers!

placidfemme
4th July 2005, 08:30
Fully legal here :)

DingDong
4th July 2005, 18:11
I did the practical test last year and I'm going to do the scratch test on Friday... questions are pretty easy and i WILL pass.

I'm surprised that the poll shows most are legal... at least 50% of the guys I know arnt legal, maybe KB attracts more of the the good sort? :yes:

ManDownUnder
4th July 2005, 18:23
Only reason I can see for not being 100% legal is lack of money... I ran out while a student and couldn't afford all the upkeep on my bike (leaking fork seals mainly)...

Other than that, if you're not legal, don't bother with Insurance
MDU

DingDong
5th July 2005, 18:56
Well I wait any longer... pulled up on Sunday and doing the test tomorrow... 2 days of swat. :weird:

I'll let you know how I get on.

If i'd had a learners on Sunday when I was pulled up I would have also lost my licence because I would have been going 60 something K over the learner 70k limit. :mad:
Shit I'll get it anyway...

Indiana_Jones
5th July 2005, 19:18
Pyro: Well, Bikes are legal here, right?

Indy: Yeah, it's legal, but is ain't a hundred percent legal. I mean you can't ride into a cage covered road, Slip on the gear, and start speedin' away. You're only supposed to ride at your home or certain designated places.

Pyro: Those are race tracks?

Indy:Yeah, it breaks down like this: it's legal to buy them, it's legal to own them and, if you're the proprietor of a bike shop, it's legal to sell them. It's illegal to ride it, which doesn't really matter 'cause -- get a load this -- if the cops see you speeding, it's illegal for them to chase you. Chasing you is a right that the cops in Auckland don't have.

Pyro: That did it, man -- I'm fuckin' goin', that's all there is to it.

-Indy

Patch
5th July 2005, 19:21
3 cars, 2 trailers and a boat. Everything is rego'd, but sometimes the trailers and boat lapse on the wof :whocares: been thru 3 checkpoints and they never have checked the trailers or boat, but bloody picky about RUC's :weird: go figure. Must make more money on RUC's lapsing.

I am known to wait for the new month when wof's are due too. :whistle: As if we don't pay enough tax already. :oi-grr: :oi-grr:

Pixie
6th July 2005, 00:18
A biker friend told me he knows of a cop who is a long term bike rider (owns a harley I think) and has never had a bike licence

DingDong
6th July 2005, 18:25
I passed the test easy... 100% in less than 5 minutes :yes: I shold'a just dun it years ago.
I'll need to be extra careful now or I might lose it!

I know cops arnt suposed to chase you... but what if they're one of these "no licence" bike riding cops who might chase you anyway?

Not that a cage would eva be able to keep up :devil2:

WINJA
6th July 2005, 18:29
I passed the test easy... 100% in less than 5 minutes :yes: I shold'a just dun it years ago.
I'll need to be extra careful now or I might lose it!

I know cops arnt suposed to chase you... but what if they're one of these "no licence" bike riding cops who might chase you anyway?

Not that a cage would eva be able to keep up :devil2:
IF IN DOUBT ALWAYS DO A RUNNER , I LIKE TO DO RUNNERS PAST SCHOOLS AT
ABOUT 8 AM AND 3 PM , THE COPS ALWAYS GIVE UP THEN

White trash
6th July 2005, 18:33
Bike's got a rego and WOF, and I've got a licence (for now).

However, the bike has no indicators or mirrors. And sometimes no plate (NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE)

White trash
6th July 2005, 18:34

Wont work anymore, mate. You're held in far too high regard around here for some fucked up reason....

DingDong
6th July 2005, 18:38
Yeah... what WT said, Im starting to think your a nice guy WINJA

oldenuf
6th July 2005, 18:44
Five cars,one road bike,horsefloat and full licences 1,2,3,4,5,6..and very poor!

Waylander
6th July 2005, 18:47
Five cars,one road bike,horsefloat and full licences 1,2,3,4,5,6..and very poor!

Show-off. :rofl: hehe

WINJA
6th July 2005, 18:47
Yeah... what WT said, Im starting to think your a nice guy WINJA
:devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

DingDong
6th July 2005, 18:48
:clap: yeah I bet... is that Mr Oldenuf on the back?

Nice bike too :yes:

WINJA
6th July 2005, 18:50
Wont work anymore, mate. You're held in far too high regard around here for some fucked up reason....
I GOT 75% OF MY GREEN REP FROM PICKING ON ZED

oldenuf
6th July 2005, 19:09
if you got it,flaunt it.. he he. Hi Waylander

oldenuf
6th July 2005, 19:13
yeah, cute n cuddly..just how i like them.. grin. Bears cute too!