PDA

View Full Version : Wet weather over-pants?

hellokitty
25th June 2011, 09:15
I have looked back 15 pages, as I know this has been covered before, and I searched but obviously must be doing it wrong as I can't be bothered to trawl through all the stuff to find it.... :(

I seem to remember talk about cheap plastic pants from the Warehouse to go over your pants. I am thinking about getting some, but my question is...

Would they touch the exhaust and therefore melt?? I had the pleasure of scorching my inner thigh on the engine yesterday, as I have discovered that my leg is pretty close to the exhaust too. The last thing I want is to be riding merrily along and melting all over my bike.

I know I should buy some expensive waterproof pants, but it is not an option as I can't afford it. Does anyone have sensible ideas or opinions please?

boman
25th June 2011, 09:29
Motomail do a complete set of coveralls. Or I have a spare pair of completely waterproof Technics Pants,. with armor you are welcome to try on. See if they fit you. Not 100% waterproof. But close enough.

Spuds1234
25th June 2011, 09:31
Go the warehouse route and if your worried about melting them, buy some elastic so you can make some elastic rings to keep the over pants as close to your thigh as possible.

george formby
25th June 2011, 10:06
To be honest, I would not worry too much. The biggest advantage from over troos IMHO is keeping your crotch dry when the water pools on the seat, I'm sure you won't be touching the exhaust their. If the worst should happen slap some gaffa tape on the melted bit. It's held my gear together for decades.

hellokitty
25th June 2011, 13:29
To be honest, I would not worry too much. The biggest advantage from over troos IMHO is keeping your crotch dry when the water pools on the seat, I'm sure you won't be touching the exhaust their. If the worst should happen slap some gaffa tape on the melted bit. It's held my gear together for decades.

Yes it is the wet crotch that I hate, and imagine my panic when I got home and was busting for a wee and couldn't peel the damn draggin jeans off as they were so wet. Quite miserable when you feel the water running down your bum as well.

Go the warehouse route and if your worried about melting them, buy some elastic so you can make some elastic rings to keep the over pants as close to your thigh as possible.
Thats a good idea, or I could get that tape that you put on exhausts and wrap my pants in it :( a bit rough but could work.

Motomail do a complete set of coveralls. Or I have a spare pair of completely waterproof Technics Pants,. with armor you are welcome to try on. See if they fit you. Not 100% waterproof. But close enough.
Awww thanks, but I really can't see my fat short legs and ass fitting your tall skinny pants :killingme

FJRider
25th June 2011, 13:40
Line 7 make a Bib-overall type that I used prior to the gear I use now (Gortex stuff) ... Various sizes are made ... and it's easy to peel it off. Good front protection from rain too ...

It's thick enough not to flap ... (can get annoying that) and very waterproof ...

scumdog
25th June 2011, 14:38
I use the Warehouse pants - not the PVC yellow type things but the nylon-with-a-smooth-waterproof-lining ones.

They'll still melt if the touch the zorst but not so quickly.
AND they (a) are 100% waterproof, (b) roll up nto a fairly tight bundle and (c) last a year or two.

What ruins them seems to be a separation of the nylon and the water-proof lining - which then peels off leaving jusy 'not-so-water-proof' nylon.

This effect seems to be caused by constant flapping as you ride so get some that are tight enough not to flap TOO much - or use some sort of garter to hold the legging in towrds your leg - and away from the zorts too.

Maha
25th June 2011, 14:45
Toughen up you ride an 'arley...:girlfight:

george formby
25th June 2011, 14:46
This effect seems to be caused by constant flapping as you ride so get some that are tight enough not to flap TOO much - or use some sort of garter to hold the legging in towrds your leg - and away from the zorts too.

Ooh er missus, did you mean bicycle clips?

scumdog
25th June 2011, 14:47
Ooh er missus, did you mean bicycle clips?
No, definitely 'garter' :devil2:

awayatc
25th June 2011, 16:41
I got leather pants.........
nice and comfy
AND they keep me dry....
Just a bit of bees wax every now and again

hellokitty
25th June 2011, 21:01
I got some warehouse jobbies, hey, if they melt, at least the rain will put the fire out :scratch: they are fairly close fitting in the legs and the waist comes up under my boobs :killingme so at least I won't get any water running down the waistband.

hellokitty
25th June 2011, 21:01
I got leather pants.........
nice and comfy
AND they keep me dry....
Just a bit of bees wax every now and again

I would like leathers but spent all my money on the damned bike!

Geeen
25th June 2011, 21:16
Yes it is the wet crotch that I hate,

:killingme

Line 7 make a Bib-overall type that I used prior to the gear I use now (Gortex stuff) ... Various sizes are made ... and it's easy to peel it off. Good front protection from rain too ...

It's thick enough not to flap ... (can get annoying that) and very waterproof ...

I've got Line 7 leggings I bought ages ago and the still work great, Got a cheap Warehouse waterproof windbreaker thingy to over my leather jacket and both work great.

The Singing Chef
26th June 2011, 15:29
the waist comes up under my boobs :killingme .

You aren't a Nana by any chance are you? or are they just very high pants? sorry i just had a funny image in my head and needed to clarify that :bleh:

hellokitty
26th June 2011, 18:35
You aren't a Nana by any chance are you? or are they just very high pants? sorry i just had a funny image in my head and needed to clarify that :bleh:

:( errr no... they are really high waisted old man style pants... and when you pull them up so your crotch is in the right place so you can ride a motorbike, then the waist is long! Maybe it is made to accommodate a very very large beer belly?

FJRider
26th June 2011, 18:39

Low slung boobs ... or BIG boobs ... the mind boggles ... and the imagination runs riot ... :drool:

liljegren
26th June 2011, 19:15
Wouldnt buy anything from the red shed if you want to use more than once.... Go to NZ Safety, got great ww pants, zips down over boots, totally waterproof...

hellokitty
26th June 2011, 19:44
Low slung boobs ... or BIG boobs ... the mind boggles ... and the imagination runs riot ... :drool:

hmmmm my boobs are in the correct place thank you..... not low slung :mad:

FJRider
26th June 2011, 19:51
hmmmm my boobs are in the correct place thank you..... not low slung :mad:

Pic's or ... OK ... I believe you ... :innocent: