PDA

View Full Version : Te Tai Tokerau: Hone confirmed as Maori leader and spokesman!

oldrider
26th June 2011, 10:40
Te Tai Tokerau Maori leader and spokesman Hone Harawera confirmed again so what Hone says is definitely what Northern Maori think!

It appears that only about a third of the electorate turned out to vote! (correct me if I am wrong)

Although Hone had his majority slashed because almost 50% of voters went scuttling back to Labour to protest against the Maori party, Hone is now confirmed as their representative!

Te Tai Tokerau electorate voters have a few months to dwell upon what their actions (or non action in this case) have created and then a chance to redeem or confirm it at the general election!

Te Tai Tokerau results will be a very interesting in the coming general election IMHO. (will we at last see what Maori really think and stand for?)

Maha
26th June 2011, 11:20
.......Until November yes, dont get too comfortable Hone'...:killingme

Laava
26th June 2011, 13:57
Isn't there a song about that? November reign, I think it is called!

oldrider
26th June 2011, 15:26
Are we witnessing the rise and rise or the rise and fall of politically active Maori participation in the running of the country?

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/9709363/harawira-warns-maori-party-after-winning-by-election/

How long will it be before Hone falls out with the self interested group that make up the "Mana" party?

I have said before, the only thing I like about MMP is the fact that political Maori have awakened from their slumber under the stifling Labour party and are starting to come of age!

Will Hone contribute positively or will he kill the initiative off dead in it's tracks?

Will Maori scuttle back under the stifling skirt of the duplicitous Labour party or stand on their own two feet?

Current indications from the bi-election and the swing to Labour do not bode well for Maori political independence!

Interesting times for Maori IMHO! :hitcher: (more interesting than the on going Clayton's coalition between National and Labour anyway!)

tri boy
26th June 2011, 15:30
Hone is the Mana party.
Havn't heard any decent policies yet.
Just a bunch of cuzzies hoisting their mate up.

pete376403
26th June 2011, 22:29
Of all the people who voted, the ones who didn't want him far outnumber the ones who did.

As John Key said, just a waste of taxpayer money. As sole representative of the Mana party he will have little or no influence on the Government, whereas if he had stayed in the Maori party he might have been able to do "his people" a small amount of good.

FJRider
26th June 2011, 22:51
Are we witnessing the rise and rise or the rise and fall of politically active Maori participation in the running of the country?

The more maori parties running ... the more chance of a split/lost vote ... by split/lost numbers in a party ...

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/9709363/harawira-warns-maori-party-after-winning-by-election/

How long will it be before Hone falls out with the self interested group that make up the "Mana" party?

Depends how long it will take before one of them thinks they can do it better than him ... or realise he's not going anywhere ...

I have said before, the only thing I like about MMP is the fact that political Maori have awakened from their slumber under the stifling Labour party and are starting to come of age!

And who do you think will be fighting like hell to KEEP MMP ... ???

Will Hone contribute positively or will he kill the initiative off dead in it's tracks?

Will Maori scuttle back under the stifling skirt of the duplicitous Labour party or stand on their own two feet?

What has he contributed so far ... ??? and what can he add to that ... ???

Current indications from the bi-election and the swing to Labour do not bode well for Maori political independence!

An understatement I fear ...

Interesting times for Maori IMHO! :hitcher: (more interesting than the on going Clayton's coalition between National and Labour anyway!)

Strength in numbers is what it's about ...

EJK
26th June 2011, 22:56
How do you say "What the fuck?!" in maori?

oldrider
27th June 2011, 23:09

O te Oneone ? :confused:

jaffaonajappa
27th June 2011, 23:13

Whatcha Hone

Grant`
28th June 2011, 07:38
Thing that gets me (and I am not racist by any means) is all of these Maoris that have been driving around with there stupid little Maori Flags on the Windows of there cars (like the ones you get from a rugby game) and all of the groups that have been waving signs saying vote maori etc etc at people driving past on roundabouts for the past 4-5 weeks in random places.

They would do everybody more good if they went and got a fucking job.

oneofsix
28th June 2011, 07:56
Isn't the rise of tribal politics in NZ a comforting thought. Now once the remaining tribes realise they too can have their own parliamentary representative it should make the following general election very interesting.
:whocares:

Does anyone remember Mana Motuhake ?

Quasievil
28th June 2011, 08:17

Thats a gross generalisation, and as long as that attitude exists in New Zealand we are ALL going nowhere.

Quasievil
28th June 2011, 08:20
Havn't heard any decent policies yet.

I have, working for the dole, no GST, whats so bad about that? is it because it came from him its no good?

however frankly I cant stand the racist bastard and wouldn't vote for him or anyone involved in a racially motivated party

\m/
28th June 2011, 08:28
I have, working for the dole, no GST, whats so bad about that? is it because it came from him its no good?
He's like Nandor Tanzcos, talks so much shit that when he finally says something intelligent no one takes him seriously.

jaffaonajappa
28th June 2011, 08:39
The guy was voted in by a bunch of buddies, and friends of associates, who in the main have absolutely no idea of the issues, or what the controversy surrounding him is all about. But they do think he will 'stick it to the white government and look after his own people'.

Big Kudos to those up North that are aware of the issues. And didnt get bullied into joining his Mob.

Quasievil
28th June 2011, 08:57
He's like Nandor Tanzcos, talks so much shit that when he finally says something intelligent no one takes him seriously.thats my take on him also, but they arent bad policies which was the point

wysper
28th June 2011, 12:13
The guy was voted in by a bunch of buddies, and friends of associates, who in the main have absolutely no idea of the issues,

Pretty much how every politician gets there isn't it?

Banditbandit
28th June 2011, 13:06
The guy was voted in by a bunch of buddies, and friends of associates, who in the main have absolutely no idea of the issues, or what the controversy surrounding him is all about. But they do think he will 'stick it to the white government and look after his own people'.

Big Kudos to those up North that are aware of the issues. And didnt get bullied into joining his Mob.

5611 voters are his buddies, friends and associates? I doubt it. 5611 voters all have no idea of the issues or the controversy? I doubt it.

And the title of this thread? Hone as leader and spokesman? Do you think of the Pākehā politicians as leaders and spokesmen? I know I don't ..

eelracing
28th June 2011, 13:52
Your the one that i want ooh ooh ooh...Hone

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gyUWkQj0Q_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

should make an excellent election song.:innocent:

Maha
28th June 2011, 16:10
...its proof that there are real dumb shits in the Te Tai Tokerau electorate.

Banditbandit
28th June 2011, 16:22

There are really dunmb shits in all electorates - look at the fuckwits they elect ...

Maha
28th June 2011, 16:41
There are really dunmb shits in all electorates - look at the fuckwits they elect ...

Prossibly a fair assumption.

SPman
28th June 2011, 17:25
My cousin voted for him as would I, but I'm not Maori. They might get my party vote, this year...

Looks like all that political and media hate fest has paid dividends......

As John Key said, just a waste of taxpayer money. As sole representative of the Mana party he will have little or no influence on the Government, whereas if he had stayed in the Maori party he might have been able to do "his people" a small amount of good.
Bullshit!
It's called Democracy, and is written into the statute books - is it only "not a waste of money" if one of John Keys lackey's is elected?
The Maori party is finished - the leaders are so far up Nationals arse they'll probably never be seen again!

Te Tai Tokerau results will be a very interesting in the coming general election IMHO. (will we at last see what Maori really think and stand for?)
It will.

He's like Nandor Tanzcos, talks so much shit that when he finally says something intelligent no one takes him seriously. Nandor actually talked more sense than most of the other pollies in parliament - he also has morals - unlike most of the senior MP's there.But, still, the media decried him, so it must be true!

Quasievil
28th June 2011, 17:45
My cousin voted for him as would I, but I'm not Maori. They might get my party vote, this year...

Nandor actually talked more sense than most of the other pollies in parliament - he also has morals - unlike most of the senior MP's there.But, still, the media decried him, so it must be true!

mmmm why doesnt that surprise me?

Nandor talks sense....WTF........ and you would vote for the most racist pig in New Zealand ? nice move especially considering you dont even live here in NZ anymore, how about keeping your stupid vote to yourself instead of making us suffer it.

SPman
28th June 2011, 18:15
how about keeping your stupid vote to yourself instead of making us suffer it. Well, somebody has to provide the targets for everyone else to pot at! Better to villify one or two outspoken targets, than actually discuss, debate and act on the real problems facing NZ. That might actually achieve something!
and you would vote for the most racist pig in New Zealand ?At least he's open about it - it's these smarmy sneaky bastards posing as respectable politicians and businessmen you've got to watch! He's only racist if you want him to be, from the comfort of your own home!

Quasievil
28th June 2011, 18:21
At least he's open about it - it's these smarmy sneaky bastards posing as respectable politicians and businessmen you've got to watch!

Is he, you know his political agenda then?
let me see a racist big spending Maori with a ego or a successful businessman who donates his salary running the country when he doesnt even need to work , clearly we have a winner at it isnt Hone.

youre a hardcore lefty, you shouldnt be allowed to vote

jaffaonajappa
28th June 2011, 18:24
Is he, you know his political agenda then?
let me see a racist big spending Maori with a ego or a successful businessman who donates his salary running the country when he doesnt even need to work , clearly we have a winner at it isnt Hone.

Goddammit. Well put.
Bastard.

SPman
28th June 2011, 19:54
Guilty, as charged, yr hnr! :innocent:

28th June 2011, 22:39
Thing that gets me (and I am not racist by any means) is all of these Maoris that have been driving around with there stupid little Maori Flags on the Windows of there cars (like the ones you get from a rugby game) and all of the groups that have been waving signs saying vote maori etc etc at people driving past on roundabouts for the past 4-5 weeks in random places.

Damn fucken right .

Quasievil
29th June 2011, 07:16
Damn fucken right .

How do you know they dont have a job redneck?

Maha
29th June 2011, 07:31
I have heard the word Maori pronnounced ..Mardi and Mouldy in the last few days...:laugh:
Russ Norman is the owner of Mardi...:facepalm:

oldrider
29th June 2011, 10:07
And the title of this thread? Hone as leader and spokesman? Do you think of the Pākehā politicians as leaders and spokesmen? I know I don't ..

Unfortunately, that is the perception of the wider general public and that is what is espoused by the "media" at large! :sick:

Fortunately we still do have freedom to make that choice ourselves as individuals!

Unfortunately, the combined voice of the contrived mob will drown out any individual, unless those individuals combine to form a "bigger mob"!

Motorcyclists attempted that briefly against ACC levies and Nick Smith but it was about as effective as trying to herd cats! (Smith was counting on that!)

You have to hand it to Hone, last week he was the representative for Te Tai Tokerau, this week he is that plus a party leader flexing his wings right across the whole country!

If Hone was a virus, there would be mass panic and compulsory vaccinations being ordered by now! :shit:

Anyone remember what Winston Peters said last week? :scratch:

MisterD
29th June 2011, 10:21
Do you think of the Pākehā politicians as leaders and spokesmen? I know I don't ..

Can you name me a non-maori politician who talks about "My people"?

Banditbandit
29th June 2011, 13:26
Can you name me a non-maori politician who talks about "My people"?

And your point is ?

Banditbandit
29th June 2011, 13:28
He mea mo te katakata koutou ...

Hone Hawira was seated next to a little girl on an Air New Zealand flight. He turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the MP smiling smugly, "how about global warming, universal health care, or stimulus packages?"

"OK," she said. "those could be interesting topics, but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff: grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

Hone looked visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss global warming, universal health care, or the economy, when you don't know sh*t?"

She went back to reading her book.

oldrider
29th June 2011, 13:44

Hone Hawira was seated next to a little girl on an Air New Zealand flight. He turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the MP smiling smugly, "how about global warming, universal health care, or stimulus packages?"

"OK," she said. "those could be interesting topics, but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff: grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

Hone looked visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss global warming, universal health care, or the economy, when you don't know sh*t?"

She went back to reading her book.

Obviously a little Maori girl too .... Hone wouldn't allow himself to be seated next to a little "white" girl! :lol:

Maha
29th June 2011, 13:45
Obviously a little Maori girl too .... Hone wouldn't allow himself to be seated next to a little "white" girl! :lol:

...well there was that one time with Sue Bradford....ewwwww shudder! sorry you ment a female didnt you?

jaffaonajappa
29th June 2011, 13:47

Hone Hawira was seated next to a little girl on an Air New Zealand flight.

See, I cant tell this is bullshit from the first sentence.

Air NZ have some standards......this was probably a Jetstar flight.

Air NZ would never let Hone sit near a little girl.

MisterD
29th June 2011, 13:59
And your point is ?

My point is that Harawira sets himself upas a spokesman for Maori, there is no white politician that claims the same for non-maori.

SPman
29th June 2011, 14:46
My point is that Harawira sets himself upas a spokesman for Maori, there is no white politician that claims the same for non-maori.

Does he?....

jaffaonajappa
29th June 2011, 14:51
Does he?....

Yes he does. His mum makes him do it. Honest.

oldrider
29th June 2011, 15:26
Hone marches to a different drum, it's quite legal, he is persistent and he is "not" stupid, his opponents (even supporters) may underestimate him at their peril! :shifty:

If you listen, among the bullshit there reside some political gems but you have to listen! :shutup:

Personally, I find him interesting. :yes:

SPman
29th June 2011, 15:30
Hone marches to a different drum, it's quite legal, he is persistent and he is "not" stupid, his opponents (even supporters) may underestimate him at their peril! :shifty:

If you listen, among the bullshit there reside some political gems but you have to listen! :shutup:

Personally, I find him interesting. :yes:

The next 12 months should make him, or break him.......I think he's finding this Party thing is harder than he thought, already, although he has some astute "minders"......

jaffaonajappa
29th June 2011, 15:38
He comes across as a Winny Peters crossed with Paul Henry,,,,,,but without the intellect.

ac3_snow
29th June 2011, 15:43
HA! that would never happen.