PDA

View Full Version : Demerit points for the pillion

High Lord
27th June 2011, 15:19
:blink:So, Got pulled over late one night with my hot lady on the back (he tailed us and checked the plate ), I'm only on my restricted :facepalm: .
ok, it's a fair cop, etc....
But,
Polic dude then asks said lady if she knew I was on my restricted, replied honestly and sheepishly, "Yes". BAM !! $100 fine for her for telling the truth :shit:

So, i'm over my 100 points now etc.... what a dick, oh, well.etc...

When she gets her ticket in the mail BAM!! 35 demerit points !! :shit::shit:

Well this is all pretty fresh, nothings been paid yet so no liability accepted yet...
hmmmm...

nzmikey
27th June 2011, 15:40
Wtf???:shit:

DrunkenMistake
27th June 2011, 15:42
Cant have been that hot then..

Hot misses on the back = Ticket free. :facepalm:

nodrog
27th June 2011, 15:51
:blink:So, Got pulled over late one night with my hot lady on the back (he tailed us and checked the plate ), I'm only on my restricted :facepalm: .
ok, it's a fair cop, etc....
But,
Polic dude then asks said lady if she knew I was on my restricted, replied honestly and sheepishly, "Yes". BAM !! $100 fine for her for telling the truth :shit:

So, i'm over my 100 points now etc.... what a dick, oh, well.etc...

When she gets her ticket in the mail BAM!! 35 demerit points !! :shit::shit:

Well this is all pretty fresh, nothings been paid yet so no liability accepted yet...
hmmmm...

what is the fine for (ie, written on her ticket)? surely its not for "telling the truth"?

Maha
27th June 2011, 15:57
The one time she should have said....NO!....:corn:

awa355
27th June 2011, 16:11
Since when has 'telling the truth' been a traffic offence?, I guess, when you are admitting to knowingly committing a traffic offence.

Is riding with someone ,knowing they are not licenced too, an offence??

I suppose it is like him asking an adult sitting in the back seat, if they know they are supposed to be wearing a seatbelt. The passenger is liable, in this case.

Not wearing a seatbelt is an offence, but this occassion?

DrunkenMistake
27th June 2011, 16:16
Since when has 'telling the truth' been a traffic offence?

I suppose it is like him asking an adult sitting in the back seat, if they know they are supposed to be wearing a seatbelt. The passenger is liable, in this case.

Not wearing a seatbelt is an offence, but is riding with someone ,knowing they are not licenced too, an offence??

I think a fine is understandable, its like receiving stolen goods, if you know they are nicked and you take them anyway... well your in the shitter, same case she knew it was illegal but she chose to do it anyway, though I dont see why she got Demerits

blackdog
27th June 2011, 16:26
I think a fine is understandable, its like receiving stolen goods, if you know they are nicked and you take them anyway... well your in the shitter, same case she knew it was illegal but she chose to do it anyway, though I dont see why she got Demerits

She certainly wouldn't have got any demerits if she didn't hold a license.

She certainly didn't commit a driving offence.

Crasherfromwayback
27th June 2011, 16:32
You say she's hot, so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But if she was bloody huge, maybe she could've been ticketed for overloading a vehicle.

nodrog
27th June 2011, 16:38
Mods can you please delete this thread? there is already one about the slut walk.

Madness
27th June 2011, 16:42
She certainly wouldn't have got any demerits if she didn't hold a license.

She certainly didn't commit a driving offence.

No current driver's licence doesn't prevent them from providing you with a "pseudo licence". Whilst a pseudo licence isn't valid for driving on, it allows the law enforcement agency to award you with traffic fines and (I'd imagine also) demerit points. Be a bummer if you passed your learners, only to lose it due to previously accumulated emerits.

Sucks arse big time!

To the OP, Pics of the G/F are now mandatory, pursuant to KB regulations.

Mad-V2
27th June 2011, 18:30
I'd like to see them try that shit with me! :ar15: they wouldn't have got any more work done that day.
You can't give someone demerits for a driving offense when they were not driving.
The ticket itself is very questionable. A small amount with no demerits maybe, but I'd be going to court with that one for sure.
I had the situation where I had no license and got various driving infringements, when I finally got my license, it had 80 points on it.
The only Ticket i thought you could get being a passenger is the seatbelt fine or maybe something like distracting the driver.
I have been done drink driving, and my passengers knew I was drunk but they never received any tickets.
(bring on the bullshit comments about how irresponsible I was in my youth)
Yep I'd be off to court.

slofox
27th June 2011, 18:35
(bring on the bullshit comments about how irresponsible I was in my youth)

Oh...OK - here ya go...'You were irresponsible in your youth."

OK?

:bye:

Mad-V2
27th June 2011, 18:39
:yes: You better believe it :rockon:

Usarka
27th June 2011, 18:59
Why the fuck don't cops hand out merit points?

Negative bastards.

Hitcher
27th June 2011, 20:30
Mods can you please delete this thread? there is already one about the slut walk.

I am tempted. However transferring this piece of creative fiction to Rant & Rave will suffice. Any contribution that has as many smilies as it does real words is a pretty good indicator of its bullshit quotient.

High Lord
27th June 2011, 20:37
I hit up the cop about the fact that if she had just said "no" she would have saved 100 bucks et al , his reply being
" I would have figured it out "
" No you fuckin wouldn't "
{sheepish cop look }

This cop felt pretty green.
He then offered her a lift home , to which she un-graciously declined and started walkin' :love:
Thanks for the props, and to Ixion for the blurb on the provisions of Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Rule 1999 . All roads lead to police f--kin it up,
(although not enough for me to get out of suspension :Police:)

High Lord
27th June 2011, 20:40
I am tempted. However transferring this piece of creative fiction to Rant & Rave will suffice. Any contribution that has as many smilies as it does real words is a pretty good indicator of its bullshit quotient.

Ha! I wish Sherlock.

Indiana_Jones
27th June 2011, 22:04
Sounds like a load of bollocks to me

-Indy

DrunkenMistake
27th June 2011, 22:08
Sounds like a load of bollocks to me

-Indy

+1,

Photo of the ticket/s ? :innocent:

jaffaonajappa
27th June 2011, 22:17
Wait a Minute.

Your telling us your missus let you have a turn on the front of her bike this time, and she was on the back?

Yeah Right.

The Lone Rider
28th June 2011, 00:38
its like receiving stolen goods, if you know they are nicked and you take them anyway... well your in the shitter,

You don't have to know they are stolen to get in trouble. It's still receiving stolen goods.

High Lord
28th June 2011, 07:33
Wait a Minute.

Your telling us your missus let you have a turn on the front of her bike this time, and she was on the back?

Yeah Right.

That's my future...... she'll have her full way before me....

nodrog
28th June 2011, 07:35
what was the offence written on her ticket?

NordieBoy
28th June 2011, 08:05

The driver is liable for passengers not wearing seatbelts.

NordieBoy
28th June 2011, 08:09
You can't give someone demerits for a driving offense when they were not driving.

One of my clients lost his licence for being a passenger in a boi racer race in which the other car crashed.

oneofsix
28th June 2011, 08:14

liability for a passenger not wearing a seatbelt varies with age. Generally a driver is responsible for ensuring all passengers are wearing their seatbelts but specifically adult passengers are responsible for ensuring they are wearing their seatbelts.

oneofsix
28th June 2011, 08:15
One of my clients lost his licence for being a passenger in a boi racer race in which the other car crashed.

what was the offense?

jaffaonajappa
28th June 2011, 09:29
what was the offense?

Being trapped by a Troll.

scumdog
28th June 2011, 09:36
This is fun:corn:

schrodingers cat
28th June 2011, 09:46
I'd like to see them try that shit with me! :ar15: they wouldn't have got any more work done that day.

Wank wank blah blah

Yep I'd be off to court.

Yes you would - resisting arrest etc. Moron

NordieBoy
28th June 2011, 10:11
what was the offense?

Not sure but it was his cellphone that was used to coordinate the race.

The driver of the other car died.

wysper
28th June 2011, 10:20
This is fun:corn:

All fun aside, could the pillion be ticketed? and demerited? PM me if you don't want to spoil the thread.

High Lord
28th June 2011, 10:50
Don't have her ticket in front of me, will post the infringement verbatium tonight. She needs to contest in writing, so I'll update events as they appear..

As for questioning the Validity of the tale.. oh dear.. :brick:

So the more smiles the higher the BS factor? excellent.
:sunny::facepalm::rockon::angry::scooter::drinkup: :facepalm::sunny::love::violin::blink:
least this turn into a
:girlfight:
when we should be
:drinknsin
Which brings me to another point, so I actually have to Physically Hand in my Licence ? so not only can i not ride, but I run the risk of not being able to buy Beer?... sometimes, after a shave.... if i'm lucky...

DrunkenMistake
28th June 2011, 11:04
They send a civilian to your house, and they ask for you, if your retarded enough and say your you, they then take your license.

scumdog
28th June 2011, 11:16
They send a civilian to your house, and they ask for you, if your retarded enough and say your you, they then take your license.

And if you're not honest (retarded?) and later on if unlucky you get caught riding/driving you lose your licence at the side of the road.....oh my, how THAT can take the grin of a chaps face! :doh: (And it's not like that cop would ever know you were "Wanted for Service of Suspension Notice' oh no, surely not....)

So you wait until the cop has gone then sneak off home with your bike/car and bugger me, if there isn't a bloody sneaky cop just around the corner waiting for you - so now your bike/car is impounded and it's off to court for you my lad, bugger, that REALLY takes the edge off your day eh! Goodness life can suck at times....:pinch:

Of course if you're 'Born Lucky' (tm) you don't have any of the above happen to you - ever. (and we're all born lucky, right?:msn-wink:)

DrunkenMistake
28th June 2011, 11:18
And if you're not honest (retarded?) and later on if unlucky you get caught riding/driving you lose your licence at the side of the road.....oh my, how THAT can take the grin of a chaps face! :doh:

So you wait until the cop has gone then sneak off home with your bike/car and bugger me, if there isn't a bloody sneaky cop just around the corner waiting for you - so now your bike/car is impounded and it's off to court for you my lad, bugger, that REALLY takes the edge off your day eh! Goodness life can suck at times....:pinch:

Of course if you're 'Born Lucky' (tm) you don't have any of the above happen to you - ever. (and we're all born lucky, right?:msn-wink:)

Fuck sake Scummy, You ruined it for later on!

oneofsix
28th June 2011, 11:28
And if you're not honest (retarded?) and later on if unlucky you get caught riding/driving you lose your licence at the side of the road.....oh my, how THAT can take the grin of a chaps face! :doh: (And it's not like that cop would ever know you were "Wanted for Service of Suspension Notice' oh no, surely not....)

that was a bit of a side track :yes: He only wants to retain the plastic photo id instead of having to now buy an 18+ card :innocent: he wasn't going to drive

Mad-V2
28th June 2011, 12:00
Yes you would - resisting arrest etc. Moron

Who said I was resisting!!!!! I haven't even been pulled over today.
And you called me a moron :facepalm:

Fucken old git....

Indiana_Jones
28th June 2011, 12:23
Still no picture of this ticket.....:whistle:

-Indy

Kickaha
28th June 2011, 12:37

Really? I've seen someone loose there licence for refusing a blood alcohol test when they weren't even driving

Indiana_Jones
28th June 2011, 12:42
Really? I've seen someone loose there licence for refusing a blood alcohol test when they weren't even driving

What if the passenger doesn't have a licence?

-Indy

High Lord
28th June 2011, 12:43

woo.. that's another thread.. I imagine they could arrest you for not compling to "whatever the cop feels like" , but straight up loss of licence? nasty.

High Lord
28th June 2011, 12:47
What if the passenger doesn't have a licence?

-Indy

it all goes on "tick" , for that wonderful time when you do..

jim.cox
28th June 2011, 12:48

With entrapment tactics like that its no wonder the public has such a low opinion of the constabulary...

rickstv
28th June 2011, 12:49

I think there is probably more to this. Was the person sitting in the car behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition?
Rick..

Indiana_Jones
28th June 2011, 12:53
So what's the name of the offence for being the passenger in a car/bike if someone is on a Learner/Restricted?

-Indy

Kickaha
28th June 2011, 13:49
woo.. that's another thread.. I imagine they could arrest you for not compling to "whatever the cop feels like" , but straight up loss of licence? nasty.

I think there is probably more to this. Was the person sitting in the car behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition?
Rick..

Car was chased by cops, 3 people in the car did a runner, cops caught them all and as they didn't know who was driving they went to breath test them all, one guy refused as he said he wasn't driving and got nailed for refusing

Crasherfromwayback
28th June 2011, 14:56
Still no picture of this ticket.....:whistle:

-Indy

Or his GF...

Indiana_Jones
28th June 2011, 15:05
Or his GF...

Or the bike....:whistle:

-Indy

High Lord
28th June 2011, 15:23
Or his GF...

Or the bike....:whistle:

-Indy

You got me, it's all a rouse to get attention :brick::brick::brick::brick:

Crasherfromwayback
28th June 2011, 15:25

I never said that. I simply want a gork at ya brush!

Banditbandit
28th June 2011, 15:56
I never said that. I simply want a gork at ya girlfriend's bush!

There .. fixed it for you.

Crasherfromwayback
28th June 2011, 15:57
There .. fixed it for you.

Thanks for that!

Indiana_Jones
28th June 2011, 16:13

Doesn't it feel good to tell the truth? :sunny:

-Indy

SPman
28th June 2011, 17:33
Or his GF...

What a shame it wasn't his G/F, but his 11 y.o. daughter!

:facepalm:

carver
28th June 2011, 17:45

here is a pic of my mrs instead

NighthawkNZ
28th June 2011, 17:50
Since when has 'telling the truth' been a traffic offence?, I guess, when you are admitting to knowingly committing a traffic offence.

"Everything you say and do will be used against you in a court of law"... so even telling the truth can go against you... rule of thumb keep yah trap shut... :blink:

Latte
28th June 2011, 18:00
With entrapment tactics like that its no wonder the public has such a low opinion of the constabulary...

:shutup: [10 characters]

High Lord
28th June 2011, 18:06
Everything you say and do will be used against you in acourt of law... so even telling the truth can go against you... rule of thumb keep yah trap shut... :blink:
Witness

What a shame it wasn't his G/F, but his 11 y.o. daughter!
Yr Grandaughter ain't been busted on the back yet pops, although I might have to teach her to say "no" to the cops if we are.. wouldn't want to demerit her before she can reach the gears
:facepalm:

Doesn't it feel good to tell the truth? :sunny:

-Indy
Reductio ad absurdum .. thank you big brother, the event never happened , I see that now.:yes::yes::yes:

SPman
28th June 2011, 18:12
I'm only on my restricted :facepalm:

So...isn't it about time you got yr full - you cant drive on yr restricted all yr life, y' know!

Isn't 9 yrs is long enough......:violin:

jaffaonajappa
28th June 2011, 18:13
So...isn't it about time you got yr full - you cant drive on yr restricted all yr life, y' know!

24yrs and counting here.....

High Lord
28th June 2011, 18:17

:whistle: yeah yeah yeah.......

YellowDog
28th June 2011, 18:44

I got stopped as a passenger in a very clearly marked, stop, start, in, and out business vehicle.

The tart whos vibrator may have been in need of lithium powered booster batteries gave me, the passenger, a $150 fine and didn't even ask to see the driver's licence.

IMO - Dumb bitch !
(no hard feelings though)

High Lord
28th June 2011, 19:28
ok smart arses,
on the ticket the ociffer obie gave us,
"Aided a restricted driver to carry an passanger on a motorcycle" $100 fine
in the mail
"Rode a motor cycle or moped on a road contrary to a condition of your restricted licence in that you carried another person on the motorcycle" $100 fine 35 demerits

(which is exactly the same as my ticket)..
.. so already there is disparity .. sweet .. this is hopefully clearcut case of police typo, carry on.. .:drinkup:

Kickaha
28th June 2011, 19:29
I got stopped as a passenger in a very clearly marked, stop, start, in, and out business vehicle.

The tart whos vibrator may have been in need of lithium powered booster batteries gave me, the passenger, a $150 fine and didn't even ask to see the driver's licence.

IMO - Dumb bitch !
(no hard feelings though)

So you weren't wearing the seat belt got fined and she's the dumb one?

YellowDog
28th June 2011, 19:51
So you weren't wearing the seat belt got fined and she's the dumb one?

Yes I do think she was dumb and being pedantic:

An unmistakably marked business vehicle that is regularly starting and stopping for business purposes, being stopped. The passenger gets a ticket (me) for not wearing a seatbelt, and the driver doesn't even have to show their driving licence.

I would expect said officer to be more reasonable and use some discretion. I would have, if I was doing that job.

What do you think?

Kickaha
28th June 2011, 19:59
What do you think?

I think you got what you deserved, regardless of "starting and stopping" if it's a requirement then you wear one, takes about a second to put it on and the same to take it off

If she stopped the vehicle because of you not wearing a seatbelt I wouldn't expect her to check the drivers licence

My brother used to drive a courier vehicle that was always starting and stopping so didn't wear a seat belt, that changed when someone ran a stop sign and hit him and he head butted the front window out and this was going less than 50kmh

He used it all the time from then on and was lucky he was still around to be able to after a head full of stitches

jaffaonajappa
28th June 2011, 20:03
I would expect said officer to be more reasonable and use some discretion. I would have, if I was doing that job.

What do you think?

I think you just asked me to put myself in the shoes of a policeman.
Which made me try to think like a policeman.

I now feel like shooting myself.

Damn you.

SPman
28th June 2011, 20:04
If it was a (W), you were screwed before you started!

Kickaha
28th June 2011, 20:10
I now feel like shooting myself.

I don't I now feel like shooting a member of the public, lucky they won't let me have guns:facepalm:

onearmedbandit
28th June 2011, 20:18
Seeing as tags are done away with -

Thread full of geniuses :facepalm:

DrunkenMistake
28th June 2011, 21:02
Where are the photos man!
:facepalm::facepalm:

:innocent:
Photos or it didnt happen, you know the story

YellowDog
29th June 2011, 14:12
I think you got what you deserved, regardless of "starting and stopping" if it's a requirement then you wear one, takes about a second to put it on and the same to take it off

If she stopped the vehicle because of you not wearing a seatbelt I wouldn't expect her to check the drivers licence

My brother used to drive a courier vehicle that was always starting and stopping so didn't wear a seat belt, that changed when someone ran a stop sign and hit him and he head butted the front window out and this was going less than 50kmh

He used it all the time from then on and was lucky he was still around to be able to after a head full of stitches

I do wear my seat belt at all times. I took it off as we were about to stop and I was attempting to get out of the vehicle. We didn't stop as the address was not correct and hence we moved off. In the discussion over how and why the address was wrong I forgot to reconnect my seatbelt, that's all. As the task being performed was really ovbious and the fact that I provided an explanation as to why the belt was not done up, I would have expected this police officer to be more reasonable.

Thanks for your opinion and highly qualified judgement.

Kickaha
29th June 2011, 14:52
Thanks for your opinion and highly qualified judgement.

You're welcome anytime

SPman
29th June 2011, 15:06
I do wear my seat belt at all times. I took it off as we were about to stop and I was attempting to get out of the vehicle. We didn't stop as the address was not correct and hence we moved off. In the discussion over how and why the address was wrong I forgot to reconnect my seatbelt, that's all. As the task being performed was really ovbious and the fact that I provided an explanation as to why the belt was not done up, I would have expected this police officer to be more reasonable.

There seems to be a tidal wave of pedantic, authoritarian rule / law enforcement going on now - it's been getting worse and worse, particularly over the last 10-15 years, not just in NZ, but in many other countries as well, all driven by this inane bleating about it being for "your own safety" or "the safety of the public", when it is nothing of the sort! "It's the law and if you don't break it, you've nothing to complain about", is another favourite of the non-thinking ninnies!

This example just seems to be another example of it.

Of course, ultimately, it leads to a situation such as is happening in the Middle East, where the populace just say "fuck it - we've had enough and we're not scared of you pricks any more"........

As Thomas Jefferson said - "<!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-AU</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->[I]The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants....."

BuzzardNZ
29th June 2011, 15:27
is it just me or does anyone esle find the original post in this thread VERY VERY hard to believe?!

YellowDog
29th June 2011, 16:35
Yes it does seem quite a strange one. Perhaps it has lost a little in translation and there was more to the incident than has been revealed :yes:

As for my incident, as has already been eloquently stated, I may well have been asking for it. You see what I didn't disclose in my description was my attitude test failure!

Though I wasn't driving, I was asked to produce my drivers licence, which I did. All I said was, "I do hope you're not going to give me a ticket on my birthday." Ms Cop didn't find my comment amusing at all and must have had a really bad birthday herself. Clearly I was going out of my way to wind her up and hence I did indeed deserve it.

Sorry Mr Kickaha, I now realise the error of my ways and muttering "mean bitch" as she went back to her car after giving me my well deserved ticket was highly inappropriate. I was wrong to be annoyed at getting a ticket on my birthday :blink:

High Lord
29th August 2011, 17:30
... and so... while i was telling every Tom dick and arrogant Bastard about my possibly imaginary story, the ticket just stayed in a pile of crap on the G's table.. no letter written... no progress or answers.

and to top it I realized that if I had handed in my Card after it happened I'd be legal again in a week or so !

Slack ass..

:no:
:done:

NordieBoy
29th August 2011, 17:31
Rool slack bro.

jafar
29th August 2011, 18:50
... and so... while i was telling every Tom dick and arrogant Bastard about my possibly imaginary story, the ticket just stayed in a pile of crap on the G's table.. no letter written... no progress or answers.

and to top it I realized that if I had handed in my Card after it happened I'd be legal again in a week or so !

Slack ass..

:no:
:done:

Has your G/F had any further correspondence from the voluntary taxation division of the po lice :Police:

huff3r
29th August 2011, 18:52
Hmm this doesnt really surprise me, as I've been hearing for a while now that the police are able to, and now do, give tickets to passengers in cars with drivers on their restricted for "Aiding and abetting an unlicensed driver" etc type thing. To discourage people from getting in the car in the first place...

Worked it out, and back with the old fine amounts they could pull something close to $3k out of a full car :O

Mad-V2
29th August 2011, 19:29
Next they will hold parents responsible for conceiving law breaking children.

:Police: "sorry sir.... your under arrest for aiding your son by giving him life, which subsequently lead him to breaking the law"

My reaction would be all like
<_<:confused::shit::2guns:

eliot-ness
29th August 2011, 20:43
Hmm this doesnt really surprise me, as I've been hearing for a while now that the police are able to, and now do, give tickets to passengers in cars with drivers on their restricted for "Aiding and abetting an unlicensed driver" etc type thing. To discourage people from getting in the car in the first place...

Worked it out, and back with the old fine amounts they could pull something close to $3k out of a full car :O

"Aiding and abetting" was in the rule books when I started to ride in the UK in 1955, and probably long before that. It applied to front seat passengers in cars or on bikes automatically, no exceptions, but in those days a speeding fine cost about three pounds for the driver and one for the passenger. A sign of those far off days was that that even a 35mph ticket was reported in the local paper, complete with the miscreants names. You would need to print another four pages in the Herald to keep up with modern speeding ticket counts, yet outside the 30mph limits I could ride faster then than I'm allowed to now, no wof needed, brakes and tire treads optional. Those were the days

High Lord
30th August 2011, 09:18
Has your G/F had any further correspondence from the voluntary taxation division of the po lice :Police:

Just the usual reminder, because she had waited past the 28 days, she figured it to far gone anyway and paid it... thereby assuming guilt as written on the tick.
she's a careful driver and not LIKELY to get any more trouble, although she just past her full = bigger bike = more likely to vrrrrroom at the wrong moment.

jafar
30th August 2011, 19:16
Just the usual reminder, because she had waited past the 28 days, she figured it to far gone anyway and paid it... thereby assuming guilt as written on the tick.
she's a careful driver and not LIKELY to get any more trouble, although she just past her full = bigger bike = more likely to vrrrrroom at the wrong moment.

I'm surprised she paid it without @ the very least getting some advise from someone like citizens advice or a friendly lawyer. That's 35 points + the $$$ that she may not have had to part with.

NighthawkNZ
30th August 2011, 19:25
Does she have a bike license... if no..

Do you know hes on a restricted? yes... but does she know what all the restrictions are for a restricted rider? most likely not...

Did you know that on a restricted license the rider is not allowed to take pillions? I don't know.. no I didn't

not many car drivers know all the restrictions for a learner and a restriced bike rider...

I don't have a car license... and I wouldn't have a freaken clue what a learner or restricted car driver is or isn't allowed to do etc???? only know the bike rules?

scumdog
30th August 2011, 22:07
not many car drivers know all the restrictions for a learner and a restriced bike rider...

I don't have a car license... and I wouldn't have a freaken clue what a learner or restricted car driver is or isn't allowed to do etc???? only know the bike rules?

Oh yes they know alright NH, they know - that's why they come up with every cock-a-many excuse they can think of OTHER than "I didn't know..." when they get pulled over.

It's all right there on front of them when they do each section of their licence.

GrayWolf
31st August 2011, 20:02

The dollar outlay may not yet be over, depending on her age etc,,,,
She HAS to declare the offence next insurance renewal... and they can then (justifiably) up her premiums for a couple of years as a 'higher risk' driver.... if they so chose!