PDA

View Full Version : Rocketing

Big Dave
4th July 2005, 02:02
I'll write it up in the next day or two.
Working title is: 'Forget the Sausage Creature...I covet the Torque Monster'.
http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/r3_we
After we wore the square edge off the front tyre (visible in the first
harbour shot - it's a demo that mainly sees the freeway) - I
chucked it around with the sports bikes.
Fast and quite capable and needs new hero blobs on the
footpegs...didn't at the start of today ;-)

http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/r3_we/pages/ride01.htm
I think it might be a bit little for me bwhahahahah

Big ups to Auckland Motorcycles for the use of their demo.
More to follow.

justsomeguy
4th July 2005, 02:33
Who's orange 636 is that?? Is that the girl from Motomail???

Lovely pics - you should get one for yourself -- finally a bike that fits you:whistle:

But I hope you choose black - :yes:

Big Dave
4th July 2005, 02:42
Who's orange 636 is that?? Is that the girl from Motomail???

Yep - and i don't remember her name. upper cut self administered.

Lovely pics - you should get one for yourself -- finally a bike that fits you:whistle:

But I hope you choose black - :yes:

Maybe I will - $ is the issue as usual. I might have to get a real job.

marty
4th July 2005, 08:34
ahhhh - the paeroa bakery. just the place for a hot pie and cold coke....

sels1
4th July 2005, 08:38
Maybe I will - $ is the issue as usual. I might have to get a real job.

I have a real job.....still cant afford one! Nice pics Dave, and a nice bike to ride isnt it?

bugjuice
4th July 2005, 08:38
hey, you were in the group that left the Paps SP yesterday? I saw the other orange 636 (we pointed at each other and got a thumbs-up back each!), and saw the hog.. along with many other nice bikes.. I was there with 6PB waiting for TS and the rest to turn up. You lot were leaving just as I was filling up..

Big Dave
4th July 2005, 09:16
hey, you were in the group that left the Paps SP yesterday? I saw the other orange 636 (we pointed at each other and got a thumbs-up back each!), and saw the hog.. along with many other nice bikes.. I was there with 6PB waiting for TS and the rest to turn up. You lot were leaving just as I was filling up..

Yes - thought crossed my mind that it was you as you pulled in too, but then got busy with the rest of the crew.
next time.

bugjuice
4th July 2005, 09:18
Yes - thought crossed my mind that it was you as you pulled in too, but then got busy with the rest of the crew.
next time.
that's ok :niceone:
I'll hold ya to that!! ;)

Big Dave
4th July 2005, 09:19
ahhhh - the paeroa bakery. just the place for a hot pie and cold coke....

Fark yeah - I've been off the pies - shedding the kgs, but weakend in the cold yesterday - *really* nice pies. And it was sure cold there yesterday.

TriumphMan
5th July 2005, 09:15
It's an awesome bike isn't it? I've been lucky enough to get one. Not as much fun two up though....

Big Dave
5th July 2005, 09:23
It's an awesome bike isn't it? I've been lucky enough to get one. Not as much fun two up though....

awesome indeed.

But Really?!? - my article will report that I couldn't tell ANY difference with the co-pilot on board at all. In fact it's the best bike I've ever ridden for not noticing a passenger.
Have you adjusted preload? I suspect your set up must be wrong.

rfc85
6th July 2005, 06:48
saw one in the flesh for the first time yesterday, way to big for a shortarse like me but it looked good fu#ken near wet myself

TriumphMan
6th July 2005, 14:00
awesome indeed.

But Really?!? - my article will report that I couldn't tell ANY difference with the co-pilot on board at all. In fact it's the best bike I've ever ridden for not noticing a passenger.
Have you adjusted preload? I suspect your set up must be wrong.

Yup, it was the preload, combined with being overly cautious with a new bike with new tyres! Been out again 2 up since that last post, preload adjusted, not that there was that much difference, my other half is quite light. Having said that, it pulls away the same wether she is on the back of the bike or not, must be all those torques.

White trash
6th July 2005, 15:40
Not as much fun two up though....

Ummmm....Isn't that the reason you bought a "cruiser"?

TriumphMan
7th July 2005, 11:27
Ummmm....Isn't that the reason you bought a "cruiser"?
Of course. That was pretty much the first thing I did, go out 2 up, but too cautiously. Much more fun now.

Big Dave
7th July 2005, 11:43
Of course. That was pretty much the first thing I did, go out 2 up, but too cautiously. Much more fun now.

i know what you mean - The bulk of the bike inspires caution - it's not till you start chucking it around that you really realise just how capable it is and it belies the girth.