PDA

View Full Version : Available times for full licence tests?

Simon
1st July 2011, 13:55
When i sat my 6R, there were all manner of handy useful time slots available. As such, i managed to do it around 8am on a Saturday, and spent the remainder of the day tripping around Sh16 and the like.

Now that I'm ready for sitting the 6F, it seems that the times are all Tuesday 10:45 etc. It's a real pain for me to arrange time off work - Does anyone know why the time slots are so limited? Is there anyone around in Auckland that still does weekend tests (LTSA site says no, but i may as well ask anyway)

Cheers
SS

wanpo
1st July 2011, 16:22
IIRC, I sat my full at 7am on a week day, basically did it before work then headed straight there. Maybe they're booked up for the early sessions for the near future.

baptist
1st July 2011, 16:46
I know in the UK you used to be able to book for a cancellation (when Dinosaurs walked the earth I know), so if a slot came free you got it, do they do that here? it might pay to ask.

Zadkiel
1st July 2011, 17:31
Time slots for the full licence test are useless! There are no testers in central either.

I had to book mine a month in advance and take a day off work to do it.

Worth it though. :yes:

St_Gabriel
1st July 2011, 19:34
Got mine booked for 12.45 this coming Tuesday, just take an annual or throw a sickie.... gives you the rest of the day to get drunk to drown the sorrow or go bike shopping.

But yes, the only times available to me in either Cambridge were on Tuesday or Thursday, deoending how far away I wanted to book (took the earliest I could as I was eligible to go for it a week ago)

Milts
1st July 2011, 21:15
Talked to the testers about this when I sat my full. Apparently around christmas-ish (dec-jan) is a very busy time, and some centers expand their hours. Outside of that it's standard working hours usually. It really does pay to book well in advance.

Donor
3rd July 2011, 02:05
When I sat my 6F a few years ago or so, I sat it at the VTNZ in Takanini on a Sunday.

Apparently the only mob that do so.

If you can be arsed riding that little further, worth a look into.