PDA

View Full Version : Bout bloody time..

The Singing Chef
4th July 2011, 22:27
So after 9 months i eventually booked my Restricted for next week after being so god damn lazy, which made me wonder. Did you guys get your R asap or let it sit for a while?

Latte
4th July 2011, 22:59
Got my R exactly 6 months after my L, which was ~ 10 years after my BHS :innocent:

xen
4th July 2011, 23:15
ASAP and I'll get my full soon as I can, main reason full insurance and less fines/demerits wouldn't hurt :innocent:

Gone Burger
4th July 2011, 23:20
Good man. I was 9 months to the day from having no licence to my full. Am over 25 and did defencive driving course as I simply couldn't wait the extra 3 months. Brought my grown ups bike the day after getting my full. 6 months on my learners was tuff waiting it out!

EJK
5th July 2011, 01:14
Yeah I got it about 9 months after too. Couldn't be Ef'ed.

dodgyguy
5th July 2011, 08:21
As above, went from nothing to doing getting my full in 9 months and 2 days. Would have gotten it in exactly 9 months but they didnt have a slot for me :angry:

\m/
5th July 2011, 11:22
I had my learners for 7 months before getting my restricted. I won't fuck around with getting my full though.

The Everlasting
5th July 2011, 11:31
I got mine asap! gotta ditch those L's.

Zamiam
5th July 2011, 19:02
Full licence from day one but then I'm an old bugga so those were the good old days. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

huff3r
5th July 2011, 19:07
Had my R nearly 4 years now, possibly slightly more. Although to be fair I don't have a bike, nor any money to buy one so I just havent bothered finishing it off.

SPman
5th July 2011, 20:45
Got my Full about 5 seconds after I did my test!

it was easier way back then.........

neels
5th July 2011, 21:51
I got my restricted around 17 years after I got my learners. No point rushing these things.

HenryDorsetCase
5th July 2011, 22:03
Full licence from day one but then I'm an old bugga so those were the good old days. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

same. I had to demonstrate to the local plod that I could start, stop and turn the bike: he stood outside the cop shop and watched, said "You're an accident waiting to happen" and gave me my licence.

Oddly, that night, I fell off and fucked my knee. Still got the scar 30 years later.

Cor blimey, them were the days, right?

Oleg
6th July 2011, 15:37
I got my restricted around 17 years after I got my learners. No point rushing these things.

:gob: wow i thought that I'm being slightly slow with riding on my learners for 2 years already....

matdaymon
6th July 2011, 15:49
I had my learners for about 14 or 15months ... though I wasn't really in any rush to begin with as I only rode to commute over the bridge and back, and got so ill when I was actually able to sit it that I wasn't able to ride for 4months. That hurt, was just starting to enjoy riding as it was mid summer and I wasn't getting rained on whenever I went for a ride :violin:

Banditbandit
6th July 2011, 15:56
So after 9 months i eventually booked my Restricted for next week after being so god damn lazy, which made me wonder. Did you guys get your R asap or let it sit for a while?

Way back it was a different system ... but I had a learner's bike licence for 18 months before I sat my full licence (Didn't think it wasa good idea to sit a full licence on a Triumph 650 Thunderbird with 12 inch ape hangers ...)

All I had to do back then was pay 50 cents every six months to renew the learner's licence ...

Banditbandit
6th July 2011, 15:59
same. I had to demonstrate to the local plod that I could start, stop and turn the bike: he stood outside the cop shop and watched, said "You're an accident waiting to happen" and gave me my licence.

Oddly, that night, I fell off and fucked my knee. Still got the scar 30 years later.

Cor blimey, them were the days, right?

Yeah .. my full licence test was not much better .. rode about 100 yards and the cop signalled me to go back .. I thought "How did I blow it in a hundred yards?" ... we talked bikes for about five minutes and then he wrote out my full licence ...

Much easier then ... I'm pleased it's changed - imagine us back then on the bikes we have now ... we'd not be here ...