PDA

View Full Version : Aviod the cops/Great ride/Raglan to Rotorua!

Torque
4th July 2005, 17:55
Left Raglan 3.30 pm Saturday,one and a half hours later in Rotorua. From Raglan turn right at whatawhata to Te Awamutu.Then left to Kihikihi and onto Putaruru,left to Tapapa,right to Rotorua. The sun was shining but a little cold but i was off on my K5. Still had 200ks to go before i could really open the bike up as i was still running it in so i was going to have to wait untill the ride home before i could really see what she could do. The road from Te Awamutu to Pataruru is the stuff,lots of good tar seel , twisties and great straights.The bike manual told me i could open her up to 10000 revs on the way down so got a little feel of what i was in for on the way back. Got to Rotorua and it it was so cold i had trouble finding anything in the nether/ regions to have a piss but a great ride. Woke up to ice all over the bike and the temp out side a minus 2!!!.Waited till 12.00 and i was off. just really warmed the bike up till Tapapa because of cops all over Hy 5. First straight i got i opened up to 13000 revs in first and hanging on i just chuckled as i looked at the speed. Next straight i got her into top after winding her wide open,F----ing hell any faster and i was shure i could of taken off.What a blast

zeRax
4th July 2005, 18:01
swap bikes?

DingDong
4th July 2005, 18:36
well............ where the rest?.......... how fast is it?..............did you stop chuckling? :whistle:

Torque
4th July 2005, 18:45
Still got a silly grin on my face,got her up to 280ks any faster and my water proofs over the lethers would of pulled me off the bike. Must go over 300ks though. Liked the howl from the exhaust after 8000 revs and she corners as if you are on rails.

Torque
4th July 2005, 18:46
Ok, The Rv50 sounds good!!

DingDong
4th July 2005, 19:27
Still got a silly grin on my face,got her up to 280ks any faster and my water proofs over the lethers would of pulled me off the bike. Must go over 300ks though. Liked the howl from the exhaust after 8000 revs and she corners as if you are on rails.
Sweet... Ive never cracked the 300k mark... my bikes too slow :no: wanna swap? :rofl:

Sensei
4th July 2005, 19:32
[QUOTE=Torque]Still got a silly grin on my face,got her up to 280ks any faster and my water proofs over the lethers would of pulled me off the bike. Must go over 300ks though.

7K off a Sivler K3 down here on Sunday . Getting it round the corner at the end was heart stopping but he's still here so know next time to take 15k off top speed :whistle:

Torque
4th July 2005, 19:36
Had a k3 before i smashed her up on the divi and got 301ks before the rev limiter cut in. The k5 feels faster so next time i am on a good strech of road we will see!!!

Torque
4th July 2005, 19:39
How fast did you go on the k3 sensei?

Sensei
4th July 2005, 19:48
I believe this Guy had it to 299k :whistle: Then I put the TRE Unit into it so then it it did 312k beside a GSXR1300 so say a genuine 285k /290 ?? Seemed like 500k Lampposts were going past like fence battens

DingDong
4th July 2005, 19:55
hmmmm... damm speed demons :devil2: NZ GR's? even

White trash
5th July 2005, 07:54
Tony Sampsons K3 was clocked at an average 296 over a flying quater in pefect conditiond. Mods were TRE, K&N, PC and Micron. The next year, his 04 R1 (which he swore was faster) was clocked at 290 in the same conditions.

He's now got a shiny K5 and I reckon he'll go over 300 in October.

Interestingly, he had to have over 45psi in the wraps, no mirrors, brake pads pried back and gearing altered to get 296.

Torque
5th July 2005, 18:41
Maybe the speed shown on the k3 is a little faster than reality.I had a yoshimura pipe and the bike re maped and 301 would show on the clock before the rev limiter would kick in.It seemed to do it with ease ,just ran out of road. The k5 seems faster and gets there quicker. Need a nice long straight and put the bikes side by side! Only just run the k5 in and have only had 280 but it seemed to have heeps more grunt and sounds good with the new pipe.