PDA

View Full Version : Tokoroa - Auckland on Sunday

Coldkiwi
12th December 2003, 13:32
I'm after a bit of a hand from some kindly soul here.

I need to get some transport back from Tokoroa on Sunday . I'm meeting a guy there who's buying my old kawasaki so I can ride it down but when he leaves with it, I'll need a way of getting back. I COULD catch the bus (blurgh) or get someone to tag along in a car but I wondered if someone mightn't mind coming for a ride down there and giving me a pillion ride back to Howick? I'm due to be in tokoroa about 1pm or so but thats flexible.

If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to pay for any petrol used.

Please gimme a call on 021 537 473 if you are interested.

Thanks in advance!

jrandom
12th December 2003, 13:37
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
I wondered if someone mightn't mind coming for a ride down there and giving me a pillion ride back to Howick?

Why yes, of course, no problem... the FXR doesn't really handle two up, though, so I suppose I'd better borrow your gixer for the occasion... er... I may of course get 'lost' on the way down :p

bluninja
12th December 2003, 13:45
Sorry CK, but the RSVR has no pillion seat:D

TTFN

Coldkiwi
12th December 2003, 15:09
would've offered the gixxer as transport if it was road worthy J! Thats one of the things I'll be spending the money on.

how about I bring a cushion instead si? I'd love a ride on that aprilia!

oh well, thanks for the offers guys. I'll see if anyone else is keen. (j, if you're serious, that'd be wicked although as you say, it could be a slow trip back on the 150!)

Firefight
12th December 2003, 17:35
Hey CK, we were going to Otorohonga via back roads, on Sunday, maybe we could come and meet you if one of our group is keen to double you.??

firefight. :wavey:

MikeL
12th December 2003, 19:38
Hey CK, we were going to Otorohonga via back roads, on Sunday, maybe we could come and meet you if one of our group is keen to double you.??

firefight. :wavey:

Yeah but who would you trust CK??
(If several of us go we could take turns - you could spread the risk!!)

BigB
13th December 2003, 10:14

I'm planning on going on the ride tommorrow and will give you a lift back.

I'll give a ring or call me on 021 345010

Cheers

Brian

Coldkiwi
13th December 2003, 10:15

I'm fairly trusting of the sort of people that normally go on rides with you and dave mike! Honestly, unless its a known nutter, i'd be mroe than grateful for the lift.

i'll give youa call dave

bikerboy
13th December 2003, 16:38
Hey guys, i won't be able to make it Sunday but give Vladi a call. I'm sure he's keen and may even give CK a lift on the R1?

Have fun boys!

Coldkiwi
15th December 2003, 11:10
met up with vladi, dave, brian, mike and simon at papakura autobahn.. cruised out.. passed andrew going the other way on some backroad near bombay (??) got drenched most of the way to tokoroa (arrived an hour late... oops!) but sold the bike and had a nice relaxing ride home courtesy of brian. No tickets, spills or other problems other than collecting water in my boots!
thanks for the company guys. I hope you've all cleaned the crap off your bikes ready for another jaunt!

jrandom
15th December 2003, 12:30
(j, if you're serious, that'd be wicked although as you say, it could be a slow trip back on the 150!)

Hoo yus. Sorry I missed your post there, had to rush off on Friday arvo and didn't check the board from home on the weekend. Probably couldn't have made it out on Sunday anyhow (sigh). Glad you got it all sorted anyway.

In any case you REALLY wouldn't want to pillion on the FXR... with two guys on the back it'd be a matter of wringing its nuts off in fifth gear just to keep it above 100kph. I'm not actually sure about its structural ability to support that much weight, for that matter... a couple of flimsy-looking bits of alloy tubing appear to be all that hold up the back seat, and it *was* designed for the southeast Asian market, where I would probably equal about 2.4 average inhabitants :eek:

Andrew
15th December 2003, 18:04
Had an awesome day, however got totally drenched. Leathers and rain just do not mix. I managed to get a cold from it and so got the day off from work today.

Next time I'll make sure I do my homework as far as the whether is concerned. I'll also look at investing into 1 piece rain suits.

Firefight
15th December 2003, 19:40
Had an awesome day, however got totally drenched. Leathers and rain just do not mix. I managed to get a cold from it and so got the day off from work today.

So who filled the beer fridge ??? :apint:

firefight :cool:

Andrew
15th December 2003, 20:32

So who filled the beer fridge ??? :apint:

firefight :cool:
Good question, did you do the honours CK?

BigB
16th December 2003, 06:03
Good question, did you do the honours CK?

After a wet and windy ride back (really noticed the wind 2 up) got home to find the girlfriend had re stocked the fidge with beer.

Boy the first one didn't touch the sides, great day, petty about the weather but at least we should see CK out and about on the new machine soon.

cheers

Coldkiwi
16th December 2003, 11:08
but at least we should see CK out and about on the new machine soon.

cheers
you're telling me! I'm restricted to friends with cars and buses at the moment. I've got the foot rest bits back from andrews dad whos gifted with metal working abilities so I'll try them on tonight to see if the rebending will do or if I need to order the lot from aussie. maybe be back on the bike in a week or so??