PDA

View Full Version : Bikeviz

cheshirecat
6th July 2011, 16:05
Just thought I'd mention had one of my BikeViz LED's fail, a red one, just now. Emailed Bikeviz UK and they replied within 5 mins to say they would send a replacement the same day.

I ordered two sets red and white bullets direct form Bikeviz before realising you can get them here via Fast Bike Gear (http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/)

crash99
9th July 2011, 20:01
Just thought I'd mention had one of my BikeViz LED's fail, a red one, just now. Emailed Bikeviz UK and they replied within 5 mins to say they would send a replacement the same day.

I ordered two sets red and white bullets direct form Bikeviz before realising you can get them here via Fast Bike Gear (http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/)

Hate to say it but I've given up on them. Thought it was a great idea but (a) they arent really big enough to be visible to make a difference and (b) they only lasted a few months each. I ride every day about 2hrs in total and was disappointed in their life. Got a couple of small lights from SuperCheap Auto and think its a much better option.

cheshirecat
9th July 2011, 23:02
Interesting. We'll see how it goes. Was intially disappointed with the small output but they do seem to have an effect, more so with cars in front. Have wired both front and rear to the tail light circuit. Bikeviz seem quite good on replacing or upgrading. Forums mention 'bike noise' on certain bikes can give problems
Am really hanging out for my 500 megawatt laser.

FastBikeGear
16th December 2011, 08:09
Interesting. We'll see how it goes. Was intially disappointed with the small output but they do seem to have an effect, more so with cars in front. Have wired both front and rear to the tail light circuit. Bikeviz seem quite good on replacing or upgrading. Forums mention 'bike noise' on certain bikes can give problems
Am really hanging out for my 500 megawatt laser.

If anyone has had any problems with their BikeVis lights purchased from FastBiketGear.co.nz please contact me directly and I will organise free replacements. We warrant all the products we sell for a minimum of 1 year. We did get a small batch of BikeVis lights earlier in the year that proved problematic. The problem was two fold. Some of the lights were not sealed and moisture got in and BikVis tell us that they got a fault batch of LEDs. We had not encountered this problem before and have not had problems with subsequent shipments.

Many thanks
Liam Venter

cheshirecat
16th December 2011, 08:38
If anyone has had any problems with their BikeVis lights purchased from FastBiketGear.co.nz please contact me directly and I will organise free replacements. We warrant all the products we sell for a minimum of 1 year. We did get a small batch of BikeVis lights earlier in the year that proved problematic. The problem was two fold. Some of the lights were not sealed and moisture got in and BikVis tell us that they got a fault batch of LEDs. We had not encountered this problem before and have not had problems with subsequent shipments.

Many thanks
Liam Venter
Just an update. They are still working and would reccomend as a cost effective solution to daytime riding lights. Not having a control group its hard to quantify but reckon they do make a difference to being spotted.

FastBikeGear
16th December 2011, 10:01
Just an update. They are still working and would reccomend as a cost effective solution to daytime riding lights. Not having a control group its hard to quantify but reckon they do make a difference to being spotted.

Just a point of semantics here. It shoud be noted that Daytime Running lights are technically illegal on bikes as the rules say you can not operate headlights and Daytime Running Lights at the same time and of course on a motorbike you must now always have your headlight on. Another dumb rule introduced by Mr S Joyce who doesn't consider motorcycles a valid form of transport... in fact he just doesn't consider them or riders safety....rant....rant.

Having said this, so far we are yet to hear of anyone encountering any issues running Daytime Running Lights on motorcycles.

BikeVis Bullets are sold in New Zealand as positioning lights and so are unaffected by the Daytime Running Light rule. Unlike Daytime Running Lights you are allowed to operate positioning lights and head lights at the same time.

munster
16th December 2011, 10:07
Just bought a set of these for Dad for Xmas. Will have to help him mount & wire up, but looking forward to seeing them in action. Have hinted loads to the kids that I too want a set for Xmas, we'll wait & see.

FastBikeGear
9th January 2012, 16:06
Just an update. We have just received our first shipment of the new Gen 2 BikeVis bullets. Thanks to advancements in LED technology the 2nd Generation BikeVis Bullets are twice as bright as the 1st generation units....and of course they are fully covered by our normal warranty.

just for anyone who has concerns over their brightness, Below is what webBike World said about the 1st generation bullets in their product of the year review... and since this review the new Gen 2 LEDs have been released which are twice as bright.

“These lights are way brighter and more visible than any of us imagined they would be... all of a sudden the front of the bike really stands out. The light is visible from a very wide angle, probably due to the design and the housing...the BikeVis Bullets work so well, I'm wondering why something like this shouldn't be standard on every motorcycle to help improve visibility.
The BikeVis lights are more visible during the day than at night. The BikeVis lights come into their own during the daytime, when the headlight glare gets "lost" in the background ambient lighting and the small but bright BikeVis lights are very noticeable.

The effect at night and during the day is nearly impossible to illustrate in photos so you'll have to take my word for it!

They add visibility without dazzling; they're noticeable without being overpowering. They're easy to install, and they have the ability to blend in to just about any motorcycle type or style"

XP@
10th January 2012, 21:50
Got a set of the bikeviz lights the strip - not as bright as i would have hoped but more than nothing.
The service was excellent very helpful! al la trademe - A+++ would deal with again

Would like a set of the cree lights too :-)

As for legality - not had a wof problem good bike shops seem to be understanding of silly rules :-)

rastuscat
12th January 2012, 17:25
Here's something I posted on a different thread.

I had some Gen 1s on a previous bike, now sold. Best described as underwhelming. I was quite disappointed.

Really easy to fit, but as bright as a very dull button during the day. Nice at night, but that wasn't why I bought them.

Probably my fault for buying the wrong thing.

I have now read the note from Liam re the leaking units, mine may have been some of them. Complaining isn't really the Kiwi thing to do, so I just lived with disappointment at the time.

The bike is sold on now, so I'm not able to return them, but thanks for the offer, Liam.

Once bitten twice shy. I'm going to fit some LEDs to my current ride, but I'm now skeptical about the BikeViz thingys. It's a human reaction.

All just FYI.

YellowDog
12th January 2012, 17:51
Whatever you choose, the 2nd gen lights are so much better :yes:

FastBikeGear
23rd May 2012, 09:29
Here's something I posted on a different thread.

I had some Gen 1s on a previous bike, now sold. Best described as underwhelming. I was quite disappointed.

Really easy to fit, but as bright as a very dull button during the day. Nice at night, but that wasn't why I bought them.

Probably my fault for buying the wrong thing.

I have now read the note from Liam re the leaking units, mine may have been some of them. Complaining isn't really the Kiwi thing to do, so I just lived with disappointment at the time.

The bike is sold on now, so I'm not able to return them, but thanks for the offer, Liam.

Once bitten twice shy. I'm going to fit some LEDs to my current ride, but I'm now skeptical about the BikeViz thingys. It's a human reaction.

All just FYI.

Hey just notice your post.

If you got them from us please note we offer a minimum 1 year warranty on everything we sell.

Please contact me on liam@FastBikeGear.co.nz for service