PDA

View Full Version : World gone mad.

jaffamont
8th July 2011, 18:11
How the fuck does the closeure of an English Sunday paper lead the six o'clock news in NZ? Who gives a shit!

Big Dave
8th July 2011, 18:12
Who gives a shit!

Journalists.

neels
8th July 2011, 18:17
Because the large corporates that own said newspaper also own a large majority of the media in general.

Large corporation trying to save face by closing down one branch for being naughty boys, after enjoying the large profits from said branch for as long as they could get away from it.

malfunconz
8th July 2011, 18:18
I agree , load of crap . They'l have a replacement rag most likely . So put me down as # 2 "dont give a shit" . Should be leadin with the bull shit hold ups on house and business payouts down in chch.

schrodingers cat
8th July 2011, 18:29
News ain't truth
Truth ain't news

Welcome to the age of infotainment.

Media = advertising whores

Paul in NZ
8th July 2011, 18:30
There is an issue worthy of the news at stake. namely freedom of the press and what happens when 'journalists' break the law in the interests of chasing a story. In this case they went waaaayyyyy too far. Too far beyond the law, taste and decentcy and they deserve anything that happens to em and worse.

Whats interesting is that this happened a long time ago and the paper totally changed management etc etc since then by way of appology.

But - at the end of the day its the media reporting on the media and no 3 headed calves were born to cats in northland sooo....

slofox
8th July 2011, 18:42
no 3 headed calves were born to cats in northland sooo....

You'd be surprised what gets born up there mate...

Big Dave
8th July 2011, 20:34
Address your complaints to:

Crud.
Dept. of Supply & Demand
Care of Your TV Station.
NZ

onearmedbandit
8th July 2011, 20:45
Britain's largest Sunday 'paper'.
Britain's oldest paper.
Illegal activities carried out by said paper.
Paper 'closed' down.

Yes I can see how that was leading news.

scracha
8th July 2011, 20:57
Britain's largest Sunday 'paper'.
Britain's oldest paper.
Illegal activities carried out by said paper.
Paper 'closed' down.

Yes I can see how that was leading news.

Nice to see at least someone here isn't a fucktard.

Murdoch's flimsy excuse to ditch newspaper and falling revenues and concentrate on other aspects of his empire. Cue more government lobbying and more spewing of his right wing shite on Sky TV.

jaffamont
8th July 2011, 21:03
Nice to see at least someone here isn't a fucktard.

Murdoch's flimsy excuse to ditch newspaper and falling revenues and concentrate on other aspects of his empire. Cue more government lobbying and more spewing of his right wing shite on Sky TV.

Who's being a fucktard?

Big Dave
8th July 2011, 21:10
Who's being a fucktard?

Don't worry about it. That's him on a good day.

Voltaire
8th July 2011, 21:11
There is an issue worthy of the news at stake. namely freedom of the press and what happens when 'journalists' break the law in the interests of chasing a story. In this case they went waaaayyyyy too far. Too far beyond the law, taste and decentcy and they deserve anything that happens to em and worse.

Whats interesting is that this happened a long time ago and the paper totally changed management etc etc since then by way of appology.

But - at the end of the day its the media reporting on the media and no 3 headed calves were born to cats in northland sooo....

They sell over 2 mill copies on a Sunday....is the media or the public to blame.
I lived in London for a few years and there were guys on sites who only bought The Sun and other only the Mirror...and so on. I never understood tabloid papers...just full of crap....I think the Daily Mail was 1/2 decent, I liked the Independent as they refused to do Royalty stories unless they were actual news, and you got news from outside " The Empire"
The Sunday Sports was a laugh....not just page 3 girls...but page 5 and 7.....
Remember lead story of Bus Found On Moon.....
Print media is on the way out....

Usarka
8th July 2011, 21:33
The tabloids are worse than pot.

Oblivion
8th July 2011, 21:37
The tabloids are worse than pot.

Get addicted to them, and after a while realize they're shit and a waste of money?

Usarka
8th July 2011, 21:39
Get addicted to them, and after a while realize they're shit and a waste of money?

All the low lifes, thickos and bludgers read them while sitting on the couch eating doritos and timtams.

At least with pot the smart people also get to have a go.

Brian d marge
8th July 2011, 22:46
They sell over 2 mill copies on a Sunday....is the media or the public to blame.
I lived in London for a few years and there were guys on sites who only bought The Sun and other only the Mirror...and so on. I never understood tabloid papers...just full of crap....I think the Daily Mail was 1/2 decent, I liked the Independent as they refused to do Royalty stories unless they were actual news, and you got news from outside " The Empire"
The Sunday Sports was a laugh....not just page 3 girls...but page 5 and 7.....
Remember lead story of Bus Found On Moon.....
Print media is on the way out....
you sure it wasnt a B52 bomber, on the moon ? Truely gutted the news of the screws is gorne
what will all those young ladies do now

Stephen ....

pete376403
9th July 2011, 14:31
Murdochs empire has far to much control over what people can read, see or hear. Perhaps its a good thing that they are being made to squirm a little (for a while anyway)

Laava
9th July 2011, 14:55
You'd be surprised what gets born up there mate...

Helloooooooo!
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/66846-find_word_retard_offensive.jpg

scracha
9th July 2011, 19:15
Who's being a fucktard?

Not onearmedbandit