PDA

View Full Version : Go the mighty Crusaders.

98tls
9th July 2011, 10:12
What a season eh,they have done us proud again.Bourbon and beers are in,bbqs all set to go.Looking foward to a great game,see the Tab has Crusaders favourites by a $.Methinks the Reds will struggle without that Wanker Dickinson helping them out.:msn-wink:

Crasherfromwayback
9th July 2011, 10:58
What a season eh,they have done us proud again.Bourbon and beers are in,bbqs all set to go.Looking foward to a great game,see the Tab has Crusaders favourites by a $.Methinks the Reds will struggle without that Wanker Dickinson helping them out.:msn-wink:

I'm sure they'll do the bizz tonight. I'm spewing on Dickinson, as when he gifted the game to the Reds, it cost me the virtual rugby lead to a mate of mine. I'm 5 points behind him because of that! Gonna cost me a carton of Steinie...

merv
9th July 2011, 11:43
Christchurch needs them to win :woohoo::woohoo:

pzkpfw
9th July 2011, 13:02
I'm expecting to be celebrating two great victories at the end of the year.

98tls
9th July 2011, 15:04
I'm sure they'll do the bizz tonight. I'm spewing on Dickinson, as when he gifted the game to the Reds, it cost me the virtual rugby lead to a mate of mine. I'm 5 points behind him because of that! Gonna cost me a carton of Steinie...

Bugger about the virtual rugby but hey,you could always drink the Steines with him,sort of minimize the damage:msn-wink:Crusaders team is much stronger than when they lost to Dickinson/Reds awhile back,look forward to them destroying the Reds scrum.Be nice to see them going backwards in there own back yard.

short-circuit
9th July 2011, 15:09
Union is dead...

No room for gangly retard locks or fat book end props in this game. If you can't tackle and have no ball skills you won't cut it cause there's no where to hide on a league field:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RpCBDg9xBW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

98tls
9th July 2011, 15:21
Union is dead:laugh:yea right.Not down here fella.If i wanted a thread on League i would have started one eh.Whats league got to do with the Crusaders?..nothing.

MIXONE
9th July 2011, 15:44
Go the Crusaders.110,000+ km on the road and still doing the job.

short-circuit
9th July 2011, 15:45
Union is dead:laugh:yea right.Not down here fella.If i wanted a thread on League i would have started one eh.Whats league got to do with the Crusaders?..nothing.

And what's down there got to do with anything?

Bring on the big choke in September...I can hardly wait for the resultant wailing and teeth nashing :laugh:

Woodman
9th July 2011, 15:55
Union is dead...

No room for gangly retard locks or fat book end props in this game. If you can't tackle and have no ball skills you won't cut it cause there's no where to hide on a league field:

Um..... its a different game. Don't need height or scrummaging power duh.....

But anyway.....Yeah go the mighty Crusaders, it'll be an epic historical well deserved win.

98tls
9th July 2011, 16:39
And what's down there got to do with anything?

Bring on the big choke in September...I can hardly wait for the resultant wailing and teeth nashing :laugh:

Because the Crusaders are from "down here" Duh.Choke?like the Warriors.Personally i care not what happens in the world cup,losing would at least see Henry gone so wouldnt be all bad.Anyways enough of this league shit i dont bother watching it.As i started with. go the Crusaders.

Crasherfromwayback
9th July 2011, 16:45
Union is dead...

>

Mate...league is g-a fucking Y! Oh stop you big nasty man...don't rough me up now that you've tackled me! Let me get up...and give the ball to my bum chum that's sniffing my arsehole! No arms in the 'tackle'? Fucking GAY.

98tls
9th July 2011, 16:50
Mate...league is g-a fucking Y! Oh stop you big nasty man...don't rough me up now that you've tackled me! Let me get up...and give the ball to my bum chum that's sniffing my arsehole! No arms in the 'tackle'? Fucking GAY.

Not to mention the famous finger up the poo hole move:laugh::facepalm:Fuck it i said no more league talk and now im bastardizing my own thread<_<

Kickaha
9th July 2011, 16:57
They're both sports for limp wristed poofters and Suzuki riders/sellers

There are only three true sports; Motor racing , Bullfighting and Mountain Climbing. All the rest are children's games at which men play

98tls
9th July 2011, 16:57
Go the Crusaders.110,000+ km on the road and still doing the job.

Xactly mate,thats twice my Crusader coloured utes miles in 8 years.On a sour note its pissing down so when the louts turn up the bbq might be canned.<_<

Oakie
9th July 2011, 17:56
As much as itm feels unnatural I'll probably have a wee cheer for the Crusaders tonight. (Otago boy me). What they have done this year has to be admired and respected. And yes, it will give the city something to smile about.

Maha
9th July 2011, 18:37
Imagine the ticket tape parade if they win...there will be shit everywhere...<_<

98tls
9th July 2011, 18:38
Imagine the ticket tape parade if they win...there will be shit everywhere...<_<

There is anyway mate so not a problem eh.

Crasherfromwayback
9th July 2011, 18:41

Be fucked if I'd ever tell Brad thorne he's a poof.

Maha
9th July 2011, 18:43
Be fucked if I'd ever tell Brad thorne he's a poof.

Theres always twitter....:confused:

98tls
9th July 2011, 18:57

As opposed to pushing a fucked Duc home:bleh::laugh:

Mom
9th July 2011, 19:17
There is anyway mate so not a problem eh.

I am no usual Cantab supporter, but I am behind them 100% tonight!

Go the CRUSADERS!!!!!!!

I can not believe I just said that :pinch:

98tls
9th July 2011, 23:27
Farkkkkkkkkkkk thats annoying,that aside congrats to the Reds.To the Crusaders hold your heads high,what it took to get to the final is a greater thing than the result i reckon.Done us proud.

yod
9th July 2011, 23:30
Farkkkkkkkkkkk thats annoying,that aside congrats to the Reds.To the Crusaders hold your heads high,what it took to get to the final is a greater thing than the result i reckon.Done us proud.

yeah, ahwell, hell of a game

on a happier note, I already feel sorry for the Wallaby scrum

Woodman
9th July 2011, 23:36

Bastard.....I haven't seen the game yet.

There should be a rule about posting sports results before us without sky have watched it.

Hitcher
9th July 2011, 23:36
Australia could win the IFT. New Zealanders are great at overhyping their rugby teams, as tonight's results show. I guess the excuses for a lame-arse Crusaders' performance will start any moment.

I'm pleased they lost. They win everything and I'm quite frankly sick of it.

Hitcher
9th July 2011, 23:38

There should be a rule about posting sports results before us without sky have watched it.

You could go to a mate's, go to the pub, scan the scores online or, heaven forbid, listen to the radio commentary.

98tls
9th July 2011, 23:38
yeah, ahwell, hell of a game

Mate at least be realistic,was a rubbish game,how many fucking times did they knock the fucking ball on,anyways enough its done and dusted.My Bourbon tastes like bloody sand.:laugh:<_<

98tls
9th July 2011, 23:47
Australia could win the IFT. New Zealanders are great at overhyping their rugby teams, as tonight's results show. I guess the excuses for a lame-arse Crusaders' performance will start any moment.

Fuck off,no excuses offered re them losing at all and well proud of them still.

Woodman
9th July 2011, 23:48
You could go to a mate's, go to the pub, scan the scores online or, heaven forbid, listen to the radio commentary.

Stop being so intelligent.

Truth is i probly woulda fallen asleep anyway. Played it for 30 odd years , walked off the field for the last time and basically lost interest in the game.

Still, good on the Crusaders, and the Reds.

oldrider
10th July 2011, 00:19
The Reds were the better team by far and deserved to win IMHO ... RWC? ... Australia most likely!
The SKY commentators must have been watching another game FFS!

MIXONE
10th July 2011, 00:25

Sounds like a canes supporter to me...

ellipsis
10th July 2011, 00:36
...we were beaten by a very hungry,fit,bunch of boys who wanted to win...they did not let us through...disappointed but not sad...maybe the miles they moved to get there showed, but at the end of the day, a very cool little rugby team beat them...my joy in being a one eye, does not diminish...

Crasherfromwayback
10th July 2011, 01:17
. New Zealanders are great at overhyping their rugby teams, as tonight's results show. I guess the excuses for a lame-arse Crusaders' performance will start any moment.

Sheesh that's a bit harsh and off the mark. We're proud of our rugby, as we should be. As a tiny nation..we can be proud that we're the best rugby nation in the world. Stats don't lie. We're not the best in the world bar none in many things...be proud of it!

JimO
10th July 2011, 08:18
Sheesh that's a bit harsh and off the mark. We're proud of our rugby, as we should be. As a tiny nation..we can be proud that we're the best rugby nation in the world. Stats don't lie. We're not the best in the world bar none in many things...be proud of it!

best rugby nation in the world is a bit like being the worlds tallest dwarf

Maha
10th July 2011, 09:43
What amuses me is, the speed in which an awesome team like the Crusaders are condemned as a unit the very minute they loose a game. Someone had too loose (or come second) and for a team like the Crusaders to make the top two (and who out perform any other NZ super 14 franchise time after time) is nothing short of outstanding.

pzkpfw
10th July 2011, 10:06
What amuses me is, the speed in which an awesome team like the Crusaders are condemned as a unit the very minute they loose a game. Someone had too loose (or come second) and for a team like the Crusaders to make the top two (and who out perform any other NZ super 14 franchise time after time) is nothing short of outstanding.

Yeah, I enjoyed the game heaps, sad to lose but it wasn't a drubbing.

With all the All Blacks in there, maybe it'll be a nice motivator the cup?

(We now return to the haters, hatin'...)

Big Dave
10th July 2011, 10:38
Canterbury lost to Melbourne in the game I watched too.

scumdog
10th July 2011, 10:41
New Zealanders are great at overhyping their rugby teams, as tonight's results show. I guess the excuses for a lame-arse Crusaders' performance will start any moment.

Kinda agree with you there Hitch..
Now wait for the 'Monday-morning quarterbacks' to analyse it all

short-circuit
10th July 2011, 11:44
Mate at least be realistic,was a rubbish game,how many fucking times did they knock the fucking ball on

...Exactly. As I said earlier union is a cunt of a game at the best of times, is boring as fuck, and should be renamed "Rugby knock on".

short-circuit
10th July 2011, 11:49
Canterbury lost to Melbourne in the game I watched too.

At least you didn't waste your time watching a yawnfest though Dave :shifty:

MIXONE
10th July 2011, 13:20
At least you didn't waste your time watching a yawnfest though Dave :shifty:

If you are so anti-rugby why bother participating in a rugby thread?
I'm one of the fortunate ones who likes both codes and other sports too.
Sheesh I'll come out of the closet and admit I like harleys AND hondas as well.

Crasherfromwayback
10th July 2011, 14:41
best rugby nation in the world is a bit like being the worlds tallest dwarf

If you say so. I'm guessing you're a sad cunt in real life too.

Hitcher
10th July 2011, 14:59
Sounds like a canes supporter to me...

I be honest, I find it hard to connect with any of the "New Zealand" sides. Like the Melbourne Rebels, they're all just items of creative fiction designed to spread around the professionals contracted to the NZRU. How many Crusaders actually originate from the rugby provinces allegedly contained in that region? How many Blues players originate in that region? It's all a nonsense.

I also struggle to support the Hurricanes (despite being a season ticket holder) because none of them play like professionals. There's a bit difference between being a professional rugby player and getting paid shitloads of money to play rugby. New Zealand has too few of the former (their numbers are about to halve now that Brad Thorn is retiring) and way too many of the latter.

Woodman
10th July 2011, 15:03
Holden vs Ford

KLR vs DR

Rugby vs Rugby league.

Soccer vs Gay mardi gras'

Its all good fun, and in fact its the subtle similarities between the two opposing camps that keep the mine vs yours war alive.

Long may it continue.

Big Dave
10th July 2011, 15:13
Brad Thorn is one of the greatest footballers to grace any code.

short-circuit
10th July 2011, 15:15

Agreed - but he was smart enough to realize he needed to see out his geriatric years in the softcock game...

Shadowjack
10th July 2011, 15:33
Agreed - but he was smart enough to realize he needed to see out his geriatric years in the softcock game...
Now, that's some kind of brave...
implying/inferring that Brad Thorn is:
A) softcock; and
B) geriatric

I'd also have to question which version of reality that statement came from.

Crasherfromwayback
10th July 2011, 15:34

Think you'll find more homosexuls play league than union mate!:bleh:

Maha
10th July 2011, 15:48
...Exactly. As I said earlier union is a cunt of a game at the best of times, is boring as fuck, and should be renamed "Rugby knock on".

The ball is in play for a much longer time in League than it is in Rugby thats a given....but
Have you ever seen League live?....now thats boring.
On TV it seems a fast flowing game..
In reality...not so.
The highlight package of a league game on the news, is all that really happens...:eek:

oldrider
10th July 2011, 16:01
The ball is in play for a much longer time in League than it is in Rugby thats a given....but
In reality...not so.
The highlight package of a league game on the news, is all that really happens...:eek:

Absolutely true!

Maha
10th July 2011, 16:43
Absolutely true!

Went to a few Warriors games in the early years (Cock Ridge was playing for MANly)
and I couldn't understand why so many players just stood around..touch is faster game.:msn-wink: and at times.....so is Chess.

Woodman
10th July 2011, 18:04

He gained my respect when he turned down his AB selection because he didn't know whether he could commit to it or not.

In reality...not so.

Absolutely true. Its quite boring to play too. You spend a lot of time just running back and forth waiting for someone to run into you. Mind you it was good to have a run with the ball occaisionally, but yeah it doesn't flow much. Depends what you're brought up on I spose.

Hitcher
10th July 2011, 18:50
In reality...not so.

Union is exactly the same. The 10 minutes taken to reset a scrum is mindnumbing when viewed live. TV viewers get close-ups, not to mention superslow replays of the events that may have caused the scrum, or a cut to a live cross from Smithy on the touchline. Meanwhile, back at the game, the grass in the in-goal has just put on a 0.2mm growth spurt.

The term "80 minutes of action" and "rugby union" aren't synonymous.

short-circuit
10th July 2011, 19:25
Union is exactly the same. The 10 minutes taken to reset a scrum is mindnumbing when viewed live. TV viewers get close-ups, not to mention superslow replays of the events that may have caused the scrum, or a cut to a live cross from Smithy on the touchline. Meanwhile, back at the game, the grass in the in-goal has just put on a 0.2mm growth spurt.

Yep. You can't reason with them - they're indoctrinated. Entirely satisfied on a diet of utter crap.

Crasherfromwayback
10th July 2011, 21:38

Yep. You can't reason with them - they're indoctrinated. Entirely satisfied on a diet of utter crap.

You two should hook up. If you haven't already.

Woodman
10th July 2011, 22:39

There is a hell of a lot of technique in a scrum, but anyway, name a sport that is full-on action for the entire event.

Hitcher
10th July 2011, 22:43
name a sport that is full-on action for the entire event.

Yes. MotoGP.

Kendog
10th July 2011, 23:01
There is a hell of a lot of technique in a scrum, but anyway, name a sport that is full-on action for the entire event.
Netball.
We just watched the Kiwi Aussie game, they know how to play full on.

Big Dave
10th July 2011, 23:47
I think you'll find that all sports benefit from editing for TV.
It's where the money is.
Aussie Rules just sold their TV rights for a $AU1.25 Billion.

Maha
11th July 2011, 07:44

..I remember a Ref saying that there could be any number of reason to blow up a lineout but for the most part, they just penalise for several reasons...to keep the gane flowing.

There was a game played once where the 'ball in play' time recorded was 26 mins.

In addition to the scrum thing...
Have you noticed how the halfback always feeds the ball into his second row...?
Take a close look.

Crasherfromwayback
11th July 2011, 10:00
I be honest, I find it hard to connect with any of the "New Zealand" sides. Like the Melbourne Rebels, they're all just items of creative fiction designed to spread around the professionals contracted to the NZRU. How many Crusaders actually originate from the rugby provinces allegedly contained in that region? How many Blues players originate in that region? It's all a nonsense.

Super rugby is not about that Brett. How many of Manchester United's players originate from Manchester in 'the beautiful game'? The ITM Cup is provincial rugby.

Banditbandit
11th July 2011, 10:21
Yes. MotoGP.

No. Plenty of times when they are just circulating ... admittedly at a much higher speed than I can ride ... and plenty of times in recent years when it has been the Valentino Rossi Appreciation Procession ...

Netball.
We just watched the Kiwi Aussie game, they know how to play full on.

YUP. Netball is IT !!!!

Woodman
11th July 2011, 18:01
..I remember a Ref saying that there could be any number of reason to blow up a lineout but for the most part, they just penalise for several reasons...to keep the gane flowing.

There was a game played once where the 'ball in play' time recorded was 26 mins.

In addition to the scrum thing...
Have you noticed how the halfback always feeds the ball into his second row...?
Take a close look.

Yup, if a ref blew up every single infringement then the game would basically stop. Ol rugger is quite complex and a lot of the rules are open to inerpetation which I reckon makes it more interesting.

Big Dave
11th July 2011, 18:45
Oooops - wrong thread.

98tls
11th July 2011, 19:31

So the League you watch doent have the same rule?.Jesus H nothing in the world is more boring than League,4 tackles kick, 4 tackles kick,4 tackles kick and on it goes,not much skill involved simply running into an opposing player really but hey each to there own.

Crasherfromwayback
11th July 2011, 19:43
So the League you watch doent have the same rule?.Jesus H nothing in the world is more boring than League,4 tackles kick, 4 tackles kick,4 tackles kick and on it goes,not much skill involved simply running into an opposing player really but hey each to there own.

And people call rugby union 'thugby'!! The next time I see some union player sexually assult another by ramming his finger up the guys anus will be a first. And union players get (rightfully so) penalised for tackling without arms. Ramming your shoulder into some poor cunts chest/neck area at high speed is fucking dangerous to say the least.

98tls
11th July 2011, 19:48
And people call rugby union 'thugby'!! The next time I see some union player sexually assult another by ramming his finger up the guys anus will be a first. And union players get (rightfully so) penalised for tackling without arms. Ramming your shoulder into some poor cunts chest/neck area at high speed is fucking dangerous to say the least.

As if sticking it up there wasnt bad enough then his team mates all ran over for a sniff.:puke:As i said each to there own but methinks the League fellas take the contact thing a tad to far.

Oakie
11th July 2011, 19:51

Slalom skiing?

Troll baiting?

fuknKIWI
11th July 2011, 21:42

It's up to you to do your own blackout.:violin:

fuknKIWI
11th July 2011, 21:52
...we were beaten by a very hungry,fit,bunch of boys who wanted to win...they did not let us through...disappointed but not sad...maybe the miles they moved to get there showed, but at the end of the day, a very cool little rugby team beat them...my joy in being a one eye, does not diminish...

Quite agree with that this was the one game I saw live this year good game bad result. You can't win 'em all put it down to the curse of the grey ghost.
You can take the boy out of Canterbury but you can't take the Canterbury out of the boy.
RED 'n' BLACK forever.

fuknKIWI
11th July 2011, 21:59

I also struggle to support the Hurricanes (despite being a season ticket holder) because none of them play like professionals. There's a bit difference between being a professional rugby player and getting paid shitloads of money to play rugby. New Zealand has too few of the former (their numbers are about to halve now that Brad Thorn is retiring) and way too many of the latter.

Geez mate you want to try being a Western Force supporter:facepalm::violin:
The only team I know that's worth LESS than the sum of its parts:shutup:
I poked my "other" eye out after the Warratahs game...
Canterbury the ONLY team I truly support, kinda support Rob's Wallabies RWC champions 2011 got a nice ring to it eh?

98tls
11th July 2011, 22:15
You can take the boy out of Canterbury but you can't take the Canterbury out of the boy.
RED 'n' BLACK forever.

Absolutely.Those that dont understand that simply dont matter,Born and bred Cantab though have lived all over our fine country,i can understand to a point the likes of Wellingtonians not having any passion about there province:facepalm:actually add Auckland and Dunners to that,what the fuck is there to be passionate about with any of em.Shitholes the lot.

98tls
11th July 2011, 22:20
Geez mate you want to try being a Western Force supporter:facepalm::violin:
The only team I know that's worth LESS than the sum of its parts:shutup:
I poked my "other" eye out after the Warratahs game...
Canterbury the ONLY team I truly support, kinda support Rob's Wallabies RWC champions 2011 got a nice ring to it eh?

Fuck i hear that,still gagging over the Henry thing.Almost like eating sand to say it but would love to see any team with Deans at the helm win,happy to say i reckon theres a fair chance they will.Goodbye Henry (years to late) and a big red faced NZRFU.Every time i hear his name i recall the vision of the prick sitting in the stand doing nothing,plan B was..............?To old to think of one then what chance nowdays.

Crasherfromwayback
11th July 2011, 22:29
Fuck i hear that,still gagging over the Henry thing.Almost like eating sand to say it but would love to see any team with Deans at the helm win,happy to say i reckon theres a fair chance they will.Goodbye Henry (years to late) and a big red faced NZRFU.Every time i hear his name i recall the vision of the prick sitting in the stand doing nothing,plan B was..............?To old to think of one then what chance nowdays.

Mate...great to see you're such a Cantab fan...but liking Deans purely because he coached your boys over Henry is misplaced loyalty. Henry has THE best win/loss ratio of ANY AB coach ever. Hate to say this...but it was the bad decisions of the AB's on the feild at the time that lost the last world cup for us...not Henry. Name another AB coach...with anything like Henry's success?!

Hitcher
11th July 2011, 22:33
I just watched a replay. The Crusaders still lost.

98tls
11th July 2011, 22:37
Mate...great to see you're such a Cantab fan...but liking Deans purely because he coached your boys over Henry is misplaced loyalty. Henry has THE best win/loss ratio of ANY AB coach ever. Hate to say this...but it was the bad decisions of the AB's on the feild at the time that lost the last world cup for us...not Henry. Name another AB coach...with anything like Henry's success?!

:facepalm:Word to the wise mate,no such thing as misplaced loyalty when it comes to me and Canterbury.I do however hear what your saying,I could say "your making sense mate i should stop being so one eyed" but........i cant.:facepalm:Its been this way for so long be fucked if its changing now.:woohoo:

Crasherfromwayback
12th July 2011, 07:46
I just watched a replay. The Crusaders still lost.

And fully deserved to too.

Crasherfromwayback
12th July 2011, 07:46
:facepalm:Word to the wise mate,no such thing as misplaced loyalty when it comes to me and Canterbury.I do however hear what your saying,I could say "your making sense mate i should stop being so one eyed" but........i cant.:facepalm:Its been this way for so long be fucked if its changing now.:woohoo:

Deans will get his chance to coach the AB's mate.

fuknKIWI
12th July 2011, 20:10
Deans will get his chance to coach the AB's mate.
Yeah like the ''chance" he had last time, until some ring in who didn't apply for the job was given an interview:facepalm:
To think that makes him a "traitor"in some peoples eyes:angry:
Canterbury Rugby, second best team in the world.

fuknKIWI
23rd July 2011, 12:58
I'm expecting to be celebrating two great victories at the end of the year.
:violin::violin:

Elysium
23rd July 2011, 20:02
Ha ha ha Go Stags!

ellipsis
23rd July 2011, 20:40
...cool to see Southland hanging on...but when it all comes down to it, us one eyed fucks are generally on top...proud to be a one eyed qc.. takes more than just skill or youth to be real champions...we dont own it...we fucking work for it....not just silly rugby either...

Elysium
23rd July 2011, 20:43
...cool to see Southland hanging on... qc.. takes more than just skill or youth to be real champions...we dont own it...we fucking work for it....not just silly rugby either...

Sounds like Southland rugby right there. :yes: