PDA

View Full Version : Mike, are you Mikey?

scumdog
12th July 2011, 20:01
So who was that masked man?

The biker on TV1 news, the rebel with the home-made number-plate. (wtf)

blackdog
12th July 2011, 20:02
Bugger, missed it.

Linky?

Latte
12th July 2011, 20:06
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/high-rego-costs-create-outlaw-bikers-4300323/video

craisin
12th July 2011, 20:06
Well shouldnt we all confess to being Mike

Its my alter ego I told him not to do it

FJRider
12th July 2011, 20:07

I'm still trying to fathom why he would make one ... :facepalm: when a dead plate would be just the same ... :blink:

Str8 Jacket
12th July 2011, 20:09
Mikey aint stoopid enough to still live in NZ..... try again! ;)

saltydog
12th July 2011, 20:25
Wasnt a good look for law abiding citizens was he. The sterotypical response will dicatate we will all get tared with the Mikey brush.
I reckon there was a mullet under that black helmet!!!!
The governments revenue from bikers rego has probably gone down the toilet.

Maha
12th July 2011, 20:28

Could be, seemed a real dweeb.

EDIT: My mistake, I confused Mikey with Mary....sorry Marty...as you were.

JimO
12th July 2011, 20:54

probably be on here then

MIXONE
12th July 2011, 20:57
Somebody call?

Spearfish
12th July 2011, 21:03
Cardboard and Crayola crayons with almost grown-up writing shouldn't be to hard to spot, but $15 bucks?

Zamiam
12th July 2011, 21:04
It was me - didn't I disguise the Harley well :yes:

White trash
12th July 2011, 21:11

Promise it wasn't Mikey mate. He's far more subtle than that. Like writing "Officer Mikey" on the fairings of his GSXR with a vivid then cruising the Hutt Road pulling over cars for failing to indicate and driving Preludes and the like. All class that boy.......

DrunkenMistake
12th July 2011, 21:16
Fucking knob jokey,
What an AWESOME look for bikers, "Yah im a greasy weedy fucker riding a bike that looks like my grandfather may have brought spanking new, but thats all good cause I have forged plates, so maybe If I get a speeding ticket, some other sod at the other end of the country might get the ticket, but im a bad ass 'outlaw' who doesnt pay my rego because im DEFIANT"

Get fucking real.

Kiwi675
12th July 2011, 21:17
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Brilliant..............A spokesman we can all be proud of...........:blink:

ukusa
12th July 2011, 21:19
Well shouldnt we all confess to being Mike

Its my alter ego I told him not to do it

It couldn't be you, it was me...............:bye:

BMWST?
12th July 2011, 21:23
and still the journos miss the point....

koba
12th July 2011, 21:57
and still the journos miss the point....

The point is not their objective.

baptist
12th July 2011, 23:41
Seems to me it is just more "look at that lot" publicity for that twat Prick Smiff... and thanks TVNZ for giving a dick air time :facepalm: nothing like giving a reasoned argument :facepalm:...

oldrider
13th July 2011, 00:19
I think he was a stoolie for ACC and Nick Smith paid to do the job to suck the public in again and make us look bad! :argh:

Not even the thickest biker would be that dumb! :facepalm:

The Lone Rider
13th July 2011, 00:48
Despite all the insults of Mike that people have posted here... it seems people are missing who is the biggest fool in that tv article.

Uncle Smith.

Grubber
13th July 2011, 06:56
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::blink:
Thats all i gotta say about Mikey boy!

Maha
13th July 2011, 07:04
Despite all the insults of Mike that people have posted here... it seems people are missing who is the biggest fool in that tv article.

Uncle Smith.
That may be so but....

Can I remind you that the reality is, he holds the upper hand for the now.
We (for the best part) are playing the game.
The outcome of the article willprobably be the increase of policing on this matter...watch this space.:corn:
Let the road checks begin.:yes:

I saw stoney on the article but didnt here what he had to say.

Edbear
13th July 2011, 07:30
I think he was a stoolie for ACC and Nick Smith paid to do the job to suck the public in again and make us look bad! :argh:

There's one in every crowd... :yes:

First question I'd have asked him, is whether he'd like Paramedic and hospital assistance if he crashed...

willytheekid
13th July 2011, 08:38

+1
Yup, notice how the only bikers that get on TV to have a say, are ALWAYS the absolute WORST! representation we could get.
Every time!....some idiot with a 80's leather jacket and some cheap arsed "held together with duct tape" bike, and a bad attitude...speaking on our behalf! :facepalm:

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 09:23
You're all full of shit .. do you seriously think that you all represent Motorcyclists? Get real ...

He might not have the look you like - or do the things you want him to .. he's real and there are plenty more out there like him ... Try to tell him to clean his act up and he'll tell you to GET FUCKED

(And No, it wasn't me ... I got better taste in bikes)

riffer
13th July 2011, 09:48
Definitely not Mikey. I have it on good authority that boy skipped the country ages ago and is doing very well for himself now.

Nice to see that they interviewed Brent for an hour yesterday, asked 20 questions and played 15 seconds of the interview.

HenryDorsetCase
13th July 2011, 09:53
I wonder if that dude wants to sell his Nighthawk?

willytheekid
13th July 2011, 09:59
You're all full of shit .. do you seriously think that you all represent Motorcyclists? Get real ...

He might not have the look you like - or do the things you want him to .. he's real and there are plenty more out there like him ... Try to tell him to clean his act up and he'll tell you to GET FUCKED

LOL, nice!...who shat in your weetbix?
No-one here has commented to the fact that they are "representing motorcyclists" or offering Mikey a shave and cleaning up his act?
What we ARE saying is the media would rather talk to "mikey's" with bad attitudes than REAL motorcycle representative groups such as MAG or Bronz etc.

Ronin
13th July 2011, 10:02
No-one here has commented to the fact that they are "representing motorcyclists" or offering Mikey a shave and cleaning up his act?
What we ARE saying is the media would rather talk to "mikey's" with bad attitudes than REAL motorcycle representative groups such as MAG or Bronz etc.

They spoke to Bronz and played 5 seconds of it. MAG who?

Deano
13th July 2011, 10:12
I'm still trying to fathom why he would make one ... :facepalm: when a dead plate would be just the same ... :blink:

No traceability. If he got seen and his number plate identified, they would know where he lived etc.

Colapop
13th July 2011, 10:24
Motorcyclists are represented by many people - some of whom are actually motorcyclists. I didn't realise that when I 'became a motorcyclist' that I'd become something/someone other than who I am. A motorcycle is whatever each individual chooses it to be - transport, lifestyle, vehicle for rebellion... etc. Mikey was/is an individual and as such chose to represent motorcyclists by being one.
The media will always portray whoever they want in whatever way suits them best.

nodrog
13th July 2011, 10:27
LOL, runners on that thing? Somebody should tell him the coppers dont drive Cortinas anymore.

nodrog
13th July 2011, 10:28
Motorcyclists are represented by many people - some of whom are actually motorcyclists. I didn't realise that when I 'became a motorcyclist' that I'd become something/someone other than who I am. A motorcycle is whatever each individual chooses it to be - transport, lifestyle, vehicle for rebellion... etc. Mikey was/is an individual and as such chose to represent motorcyclists by being one.
The media will always portray whoever they want in whatever way suits them best.

If he doesnt post on the interdweeb he isnt a motorcyclist, fact!

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 10:29
LOL, runners on that thing? Somebody should tell him the coppers dont drive Cortinas anymore.

Cortina? Couldn't dust of a Morry Minor mate...

nodrog
13th July 2011, 10:33

LOL, I was trying not to be a cunt.

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 10:35
LOL, I was trying not to be a cunt.

Hahaha...I gave that up decades ago.

Colapop
13th July 2011, 10:35
Gordy drives a Corrr Tinaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Banditbandit, you're an idiot :blink: Motorcyclist/biker/gang member?? Who gives a flying fuck what you call yourself? If you're a biker/rebel/outcast or whatever then you have no intention of paying for acc/rego/petrol anyway. The fact the you've joined a forum such as this makes your desire to be part of a group outweigh your desire to be a rebel/outcast/loner/freerider. You're a motorcyclist/biker whatever and represent motorcyclist... just the same as the guys/gals on the minmotos, scooters and whatever else goes for a two wheeled machined round these parts

F5 Dave
13th July 2011, 10:42
What pisses me is on the TV they cut the story to look like entertainment or follow someone's bend on the story, presumably the station producer or whoever it is that edits these things. So they show the protest ride & do they show a wide shot of hundreds of bikes?

No they show close shots showing Bikies with patches. That is less than 1% of bikers & they sure as F don't represent the rest of us. Of course Smith has his soundbite that makes us look like we are budging off society. Who is Ma & Pa Citizen going to side with?

awayatc
13th July 2011, 10:51
Gordy drives a Corrr Tinaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Banditbandit, you're an idiot :blink: You're a motorcyclist/biker whatever and represent motorcyclist...

I walk,
representing myself
I ride my bike,
still just representing myself....

Oh...and don't worry to much about who is an idiot,
more then one person can have that title,
more then two even........

HenryDorsetCase
13th July 2011, 10:55
I can afford the rego, I can even afford to register a scooter, and a big bike.

I choose to register one of those because I believe that the blatant unfairness of the levy hikes (amply demonstrated by Charlie Lamb et. al.) is undemocratic.

And it outrages me that Cockhead Smith can say "Ooooh, election year, lets give the proles some lollies ($3 a week, wooo!) but not address a fundamental injustice.

So fuck him.

HenryDorsetCase
13th July 2011, 10:57
also: Westside REPRESENT

http://www.capsgetpeeled.com/blog/archives/westside.jpg

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 12:10

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Brilliant..............A spokesman we can all be proud of...........:blink:

+1
Yup, notice how the only bikers that get on TV to have a say, are ALWAYS the absolute WORST! representation we could get.
Every time!....some idiot with a 80's leather jacket and some cheap arsed "held together with duct tape" bike, and a bad attitude...speaking on our behalf! :facepalm:

While the coverage by the media may be the point for some posters all the previous posts criticise this rider.

There are plenty of us out there who would identify more with Mike than with the "straight" motorcyclists ... I certainly do. THis is KIWI BIKER not Kiwi Motorcyclist ...

The only reason I register my bikes is because I've learnt to fly under the radar - freedom comes from NOT coming to the attention of the authorities ... and yeah - I sometimes fail at that too.

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 12:14

Why would you?

Brett
13th July 2011, 12:16
All I can say about that news article is... LOL.

StoneY
13th July 2011, 12:19

The guy is not a Kiwibiker Scummy mate wastin ya time fishing here for him...... and I aint gonna sing on him either.

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 12:21
Why would you?

Fucked if I'd follow one mate. Never know what you might get hit by as bits fall off it.

jellywrestler
13th July 2011, 12:28
There's one in every crowd... :yes:

First question I'd have asked him, is whether he'd like Paramedic and hospital assistance if he crashed...
or broke out of prison or hurt himself playing rugby or fell over drinking piss or crashed his pushbike or cut his hand off mowing the lawn or......

Paul in NZ
13th July 2011, 12:28
'mazin the way these media types can flush out criminals and make em confess at will.... Gwad - I we should outsource criminal investigation (well they ones they dont commit themselves at any rate) to them - it will save a fortune...

oldrider
13th July 2011, 12:32
While the coverage by the media may be the point for some posters all the previous posts criticise this rider.

There are plenty of us out there who would identify more with Mike than with the "straight" motorcyclists ... I certainly do. THis is KIWI BIKER not Kiwi Motorcyclist ...

The only reason I register my bikes is because I've learnt to fly under the radar - freedom comes from NOT coming to the attention of the authorities ... and yeah - I sometimes fail at that too.

Bullshit, it's not what he is doing that pisses me off it's his yapping about it on TV and making Smith's actions sound legitimate and motorcyclists sound problematically irresponsible!

I believe it was staged!

StoneY
13th July 2011, 12:40

Uncle Smith.

Ah huh, nailed it

You DO know him! Yep, he aint on KB, dont wanna be on KB, but I tell you right now those on KB who I personally know have been on a few rides with Mikey, loved his company, admired his bright red shiny number plate, and had a blast doing the track with him.

Ill put my cash on Mikey kickin YOUR arse on the Taka's or the Pahiatua track mate that old Honda is in sweet running order and he knows how to ride it too

For all of you taking the piss out of Mike, he is a BIKER and he has HIS point of view
I may not take on his particular practises, I even say 'dont do it pay ya fee's' BUT he is an individual who chose HIS own way of dealing with the levy hikes.

I admire his stand..........and I also know who he is

He is a great bloke who would do ANYTHING for any one of you on here simply because you ride on two wheels, and he will never call any single one of you names. He don't give a toss what you ride, or where you ride it either.

One day in my driveway he fixed a very popular young lady (who most KBers from Wellington/Wairarpa know very well indeed) Ducati for her after she had binned it, free of charge, out of the kindness of his heart while everyone else ate BBQ and wondered what the parts would cost her.........

Get over yaselves you nay sayers, since when have you all had the right to judge a man who makes a stand for what we all know is a serious wrong against our lifestyles?
Bah...Kiwbiker.......turning into Kiwiwhinger IMO

Spearfish
13th July 2011, 12:44
Ah well....
News is on again tonight, some other sector of NZ will have the spotlight and lil Mikes moment of fame will fade.
The tide will come in a fcuk off again
blah
blah
and my bastard forks will still be leaking.........

Edbear
13th July 2011, 12:45
or broke out of prison or hurt himself playing rugby or fell over drinking piss or crashed his pushbike or cut his hand off mowing the lawn or......

Funny that most accidents happen in the home. However the issue seems to be the cost of each accident, not who has the most and this is where motorcyclists are at a disadvantage in that bike accidents cost disproportionately more than any other.

I do think it is unfair for a "no-fault" blanket "insurance" that covers all accidents irrespective does the same as an insurance company by adjusting fees to match costs, which I doubt ACC was set up to do.

nodrog
13th July 2011, 12:47
Ill put my cash on Mikey kickin YOUR arse on the Taka's or the Pahiatua track

Sweet, how much?

StoneY
13th July 2011, 12:49
Sweet, how much?

I put 50 on Mikey
And if he had my KTM I would make it a hundy :-)

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 12:51
Ah well....
News is on again tonight, some other sector of NZ will have the spotlight and lil Mikes moment of fame will fade.
The tide will come in a fcuk off again
blah
blah
and my bastard forks will still be leaking.........

See yah wimps ... you can't even bring yourself to type the F the U the C and the K in the right order .. even from behind your anonymous pseudonyms ...

Fucking wimping motorcyclists ... Grow some balls

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 12:54
I put 50 on Mikey

Can I have a go too? I'm a bit broke at the mo...

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 12:54
Sweet, how much?

I put 50 on Mikey

I want to know exactly what nodrog's "green heap" is first ... but I'm probably with Mike ... I'll see your hundy ...

Spearfish
13th July 2011, 12:58
See yah wimps ... you can't even bring yourself to type the F the U the C and the K in the right order .. even being your anonymous pseudonyms ...

Fucking wimping motorcyclists ... Grow some balls

Teachers correct spelling...

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 13:00
I want to know exactly what nodrog's "green heap" is first ... but I'm probably with Mike ... I'll see your hundy ...

See post # 57

DrunkenMistake
13th July 2011, 13:07
The guy is not a Kiwibiker Scummy mate wastin ya time fishing here for him...... and I aint gonna sing on him either.

Going by the neg rep you gave me, One would think your either pulling this "Mike" fellas cock, or your a bigger drongo than you look.

StoneY
13th July 2011, 13:10
Going by the neg rep you gave me, One would think your either pulling this "Mike" fellas cock, or your a bigger drongo than you look.

Red rep is an expression of opinion if you wanna get personal about it pal that's up to you
As for being a drongo, your the one calls yaself a drunken mistake...says a lot about your pedigree dunnit?

nodrog
13th July 2011, 13:17
I put 50 on Mikey

Fuck is that all, you dont sound very confident in your mate.

Can I have a go too? I'm a bit broke at the mo...

Yeah bro, I can double you if you want?

Its an EX250, special edition.

Spearfish
13th July 2011, 13:23
I think this windup is one of scumdogs best yet.
Just pointing at the TV seems a little to cheap though but the effect....

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 13:24

Double the bet?:innocent:

DrunkenMistake
13th July 2011, 13:24
Red rep is an expression of opinion if you wanna get personal about it pal that's up to you
As for being a drongo, your the one calls yaself a drunken mistake...says a lot about your pedigree dunnit?

A Name is a name, its no different to you calling yourself Stoney with a capital Y, but you may call the pot black my friend.

StoneY
13th July 2011, 13:28
A Name is a name, its no different to you calling yourself Stoney with a capital Y, but you may call the pot black my friend.

It was an online gamers handle I used to use, but take it as you will, my friend.
:yes:

DrunkenMistake
13th July 2011, 13:31
It was an online gamers handle I used to use, but take it as you will, my friend.

Oh I see, that makes it different, of course.

Your just a hypercritical moron.

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 13:34

Its an EX250, special edition.

Double the bet?:innocent:

Hell yeah ... I'll take that ... $200 on Mikey ...

nodrog
Oh I see, that makes it different, of course.

Can we get back on topic please?

Whens this race happening?

StoneY
Oh I see, that makes it different, of coarse.

Hmmmmm, best you can do? Still on the personal level over a little red bling?
I'll take that as a victory......of course...............

:lol:

Crasherfromwayback
my friend.

, but take me if you will, my friend.

Hmmmm...getting mighty friendly there boys!

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 13:35

Cool. Well I may use our new GSXR750, or maybe a Thou if I feel like doing some wheelies.

nodrog
13th July 2011, 13:36

Make it $400, for every minute in front?

StoneY
13th July 2011, 13:36

That depends on Mikey and his availability I guess..... not for me to promise he will show up I just gave my opinion on his abilities
:)

DrunkenMistake
13th July 2011, 13:38

Have to find mike first haha

Hmmmmm, best you can do? Still on the personal level over a little red bling?
I'll take that as a victory......of course...............

Youll see I had fixed it before you had even quoted.

Hmmmm...getting mighty friendly there boys!
He thinks im Mike is why, and him and Mike are Realll good budds. :love:

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 13:38
Cool. Well I may use our new GSXR750, or maybe a Thou if I feel like doing some wheelies.

Naaa .. the bet was nodrog v Mikey ... If you join I'll have to reassess ..

Have to find mike first haha

That's probably not hard ...

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 13:40

Bugger....

DrunkenMistake
13th July 2011, 13:40
That's probably not hard ...

Its probably slippery smith dressed in leathers..

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 13:45
Make it $400, for every minute in front?

Naaa .. point to point - winner across the line first ... 'Takas or Pahiatua Track ...

Banditbandit
13th July 2011, 13:46
Its probably slippery smith dressed in leathers..

Shit ... he's too wimpy to put on leathers let alone get on a bike

DrunkenMistake
13th July 2011, 13:46
Shit ... he's too wimpy to put on leathers let alone get on a bike

Stunt double? Hahaha

nodrog
13th July 2011, 13:49

Im worried now, its starting to sound abit unfair, can I bring my 125 instead?

Bugger....

You can still ride on the back with me, ill need somebody to hold my fluffy coffee.

Naaa .. point to point - winner across the line first ... 'Takas or Pahiatua Track ...

Where are these places? and do they have corners?

HenryDorsetCase
13th July 2011, 14:03
Im worried now, its starting to sound abit unfair, can I bring my 125 instead?

You can still ride on the back with me, ill need somebody to hold my fluffy coffee.

Where are these places? and do they have corners?

Its hard to believe that people are taking you seriously. What with that avatar and all.

But you know.

Good for that Mike guy. Does he want to sell the Nighthawk?

oldrider
13th July 2011, 14:03
Ah, now I know which "Mikey" it is, never met him personally but the tone of this thread is bringing back memories of KB way back!

Wondered what had become of him!

OK Mikey do it your own way, I will just have to vent my wrath at the scungy TV pricks instead!

They (TV) just took advantage of your passion! :yes: :ride:

Genie
13th July 2011, 14:09
Interesting tv article....Mikey is a legend.:woohoo:

I absolutely loved his bike:facepalm: and good on him for having a illegal numberplate:shit:....I so can't wait for him to be pulled over by a local law enforcement officer. :Police:

Oh, he won't will he.:blink:

He'll take off and end up dead in a heap, saving his $600 a year in favour of a 10k funeral, wise man is Mike.

Should he survive I guess we'll all be paying for his medical cost, rehabiltation and maybe even for his new leg, should he need one.:sick:

riffer
13th July 2011, 14:15
I'm wondering how long it will be before we see a nodrog vs StoneY UFC match. I know where my betting money will be going.

nodrog
13th July 2011, 14:18
I'm wondering how long it will be before we see a nodrog vs StoneY UFC match. I know where my betting money will be going.

We can do that at the finish line, while we are waiting for Mickey to peddle his scooter in.

Big Dave
13th July 2011, 14:27
I'd suggest that anyone who thinks non-payment of the fee is a viable option in anything but the short term has no idea of A. How Governments work, particularly in relation to tax, and B. Little cognizance of current and emerging technologies.

ajturbo
13th July 2011, 14:33
Interesting tv article....Mikey is a legend.:woohoo:

I absolutely loved his bike:facepalm: and good on him for having a illegal numberplate:shit:....I so can't wait for him to be pulled over by a local law enforcement officer. :Police:

Oh, he won't will he.:blink:

He'll take off and end up dead in a heap, saving his $600 a year in favour of a 10k funeral, wise man is Mike.

Should he survive I guess we'll all be paying for his medical cost, rehabiltation and maybe even for his new leg, should he need one.:sick:

i reckon he'll get away without a scratch...:corn:

StoneY
13th July 2011, 14:33
We can do that at the finish line, while we are waiting for Mickey to peddle his scooter in.

Ooooo i'll start training tonight................ gained a bit of weight lately, wondering if that's gonna be an advantage??? :innocent:

HenryDorsetCase
13th July 2011, 14:35
I'd suggest that anyone who thinks non-payment of the fee is a viable option in anything but the short term has no idea of A. How Governments work, particularly in relation to tax, and B. Little cognizance of current and emerging technologies.

some of us dont even understand "cognizance" or "technology". Or tax even

Edbear
13th July 2011, 14:45
some of us dont even understand "cognizance" or "technology". Or tax even

You should be more cognizant of technology or pay the tax... :yes:

Big Dave
13th July 2011, 14:45
@HDC

OK - I'll type slowly.

Avoiding any tax is tough. Doesn't matter who you are, you are dealing with Bloodhounds and their budget. The harder you fight - the bigger the stick they'll use.

In Sydney now they have vans with a camera on top. It clocks your speed, rego and mails you the infringement, all automatically as you drive/ride past. If it flags your plate it alerts the posse of waiting patrol cars. It will get worse.

Colapop
13th July 2011, 14:53
Is this Mike/y??

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/9834852/rider-of-stolen-motorcycle-seriously-injured-in-crash/

StoneY
13th July 2011, 14:57
@HDC

In Sydney now they have vans with a camera on top. It clocks your speed, rego and mails you the infringement, all automatically as you drive/ride past. If it flags your plate it alerts the posse of waiting patrol cars. It will get worse.

They have em here too Dave........ one parks on Petone foreshore every now and then, almost always when a wof checkpoint is at the narrow end by the rowing club carpark entry..........

Katman
13th July 2011, 14:57

We have one of them in Taupo already.

nodrog
13th July 2011, 15:06
We have one of them in Taupo already.

Are you sure thats not just a Mr Whippy truck with a handycam?

Big Dave
13th July 2011, 15:13
Would you believe two boy scouts and a box brownie?

StoneY
13th July 2011, 15:17

No no...that's DB mate, see that one hangin round and lock up ya daughters I tell ya!

HenryDorsetCase
13th July 2011, 15:40

is it parked outside a primary school or scout den?

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 15:46
Is this Mike/y??

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/9834852/rider-of-stolen-motorcycle-seriously-injured-in-crash/

Hopefully it's that cunt that nicked the YZF450 from Bart!

StoneY
13th July 2011, 16:00
Hopefully it's that cunt that nicked the YZF450 from Bart!

Westside...what do they expect? (says an ex westy before the hate mail starts) LOL

F5 Dave
13th July 2011, 16:12
Bullshit, it's not what he is doing that pisses me off it's his yapping about it on TV and making Smith's actions sound legitimate and motorcyclists sound problematically irresponsible!

I believe it was staged!
Rep added. For all the whibbling on in the last two pages, this is the point, the public were shown a slanted story & will have less respect or sympathy with our plight, making Smiths slander of us stronger.

Maha
13th July 2011, 16:28
I put 50 on Mikey

Im in...Gordie gets lost easily...:scooter:
Plus he thinks the Takas is something you eat...:facepalm:

StoneY
13th July 2011, 16:56
Plus he thinks the Takas is something you eat...:facepalm:

LOL...damn I used all my bling mate....catch ya tomorrow!

MSTRS
13th July 2011, 17:22
Fucking wimping motorcyclists ... Grow some ballsBalls are over-rated, vulnerable pieces of anatomy. Better to grow a vagina...they can really take a pounding.

Rep added. For all the whibbling on in the last two pages, this is the point, the public were shown a slanted story & will have less respect or sympathy with our plight, making Smiths slander of us stronger.

Yep. Classic, government sanctioned, media-driven anti-motorcyclist propaganda.

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 18:32
. Better to grow a vagina...they can really take a pounding.

Good money making compared to balls too.

scumdog
13th July 2011, 18:37
Good money making compared to balls too.

And never wear out...

Usarka
13th July 2011, 18:59
They do pong when they get old though......

Crasherfromwayback
13th July 2011, 19:00
And never wear out...

Fuck...dunno about that mate. I've reamed a few clapped out versions over the years...:shutup:

Big Dave
13th July 2011, 19:51
They have em here too Dave........ one parks on Petone foreshore every now and then, almost always when a wof checkpoint is at the narrow end by the rowing club carpark entry..........

These ones do 80kph in the traffic flow.

FJRider
13th July 2011, 20:12
And never wear out...

I wouldn't go that far .... :facepalm:

Spearfish
14th July 2011, 09:42
I wouldn't go that far .... :facepalm:

Especially when it can play a queef or vart the same way you play the neck of an inflated balloon.:blink:

craisin
14th July 2011, 18:37
Smiff gets stiff from the smell of a mans diff:woohoo:

malfunconz
14th July 2011, 20:07
twas johnie hadfield from up north on his 650honie

StoneY
15th July 2011, 08:18
Ahhh it looks like KB has returned to normal at last..................

:Punk:

riffer
15th July 2011, 09:12
Ahhh it looks like KB has returned to normal at last..................

:Punk:

just wait until tonight my friend...

StoneY
15th July 2011, 09:19
just wait until tonight my friend...

The new babay arrive?

StoneY
16th July 2011, 12:33
Ok all the Mad Mike haters, I have tracked him down and asked him to post in here for you all so he can tell you HIS philosophy

Will be on here later today....

I tell ya, getting his details out of the TVNZ editor was like pulling teeth but, I have come through and now the real discussion can finally begin....

Oh yeah and Gordie can roll up to the line at Pahiatua.... if he can find the dot on the map and doesn't blink............

;-)

Genie
16th July 2011, 13:44
Ok all the Mad Mike haters, I have tracked him down and asked him to post in here for you all so he can tell you HIS philosophy

Will be on here later today....

I tell ya, getting his details out of the TVNZ editor was like pulling teeth but, I have come through and now the real discussion can finally begin....

Oh yeah and Gordie can roll up to the line at Pahiatua.... if he can find the dot on the map and doesn't blink............

;-)

Really, how interesting that shall be? I'm sure he will have many insightful comments to make regarding what a twat he was for going on National TV and spouting off he is going to stick it to ACC by not registering his bike and causing most of NZ to think we're all dumb fucks waiting to be skittled off!

I'm not sure he can say anything that will change my opinion ... if you can't afford to ride a bike then sell it, you don't deserve to be on the road!

And that is my opinion, I await Mike's!

The Lone Rider
16th July 2011, 19:37
Really, how interesting that shall be? I'm sure he will have many insightful comments to make regarding what a twat he was for going on National TV and spouting off he is going to stick it to ACC by not registering his bike and causing most of NZ to think we're all dumb fucks waiting to be skittled off!

Given the little media coverage, or voicing of opinion other than from people on motorcycles when the levies first went up... I'd put it out there "most of NZ" didn't care. And probably doesn't now.

I find it interesting the number of people saying Mike "you don't speak for motorcyclists/bikers" or "you've put a bad image on all of us!".

Who are you to say he doesn't speak for anyone but yourself, or how we all should collectively be portrayed.

Where's Knuckles when you need him. At least he spent less time on KB complaining about who's doing what, and more time passing out flyers, organizing protests, and getting on the front page of the papers (and on tv multiple times).

Katman
16th July 2011, 19:42
Where's Knuckles when you need him.

I don't think Knuckles's choice of fluffy kittens as his avatar did him any favours.

The Lone Rider
16th July 2011, 19:49
I don't think Knuckles's choice of fluffy kittens as his avatar did him any favours.

Ah... you must be confused. He had a german helmet, and then (and now) his brother in laws harley for an avatar.

Katman
16th July 2011, 19:52
Ah... you must be confused.

I don't think so.

I have the memory of an elephant.

Big Dave
16th July 2011, 19:53

Oh - I'd love to stay around for it, but I'm picking lint out of my belly button this evening.

scumdog
16th July 2011, 21:15
Oh - I'd love to stay around for it, but I'm picking lint out of my belly button this evening.

Strewth, BD, ya like living life on the edge eh!!:woohoo:

_Shrek_
16th July 2011, 21:35
Mike is Mikey

disguising himself as a motorcyclist idiot, from days gone by :corn:

mike-mikey
16th July 2011, 22:11
For whoever cares and those who've tried to judge me:-

The reason why it all started.

Although it's been interesting to see your opinions you just aren't coming from the same place as me. I'm not mad, or bad. I'm a tradesman who's been working for 20+ years. I pay tax just like you, I have three cars and two motorcycles, a family and a normal life just like you. I don't shirk my responsibilities. My vehicles are maintained to WOF standard and get WOFs. But I don't believe in the ACC tax. And I despise that the money we pay for road tax gets syphoned off for other matters.

My bike was unregistered and the policeman took the number plate off me. I couldn't ride with no plate so I made my own.

When I was pulled up on a speeding ticket I was informed I could also be fin3ed for unauthorised plate - this gave me idea that a more realistic plate would work. So I went to sign place and had a good one made for me.

Had another made with bike model number as a wall hanging.

Everyone has their opinion - and they are entitled to them. This is just mine. I'm not a criminal or bad person - I'm just another guy just like you. It's just another tax and one I don't believe in - and they put the price up just because they COULD. And because I don't believe it's right I can't in good conscience support it. It's just the way I am.

Call it a conscientious objection to an unreasonable tax but its nothing to do with being a pussy.

The reason no-one's heard of me before is because I don't get pulled over. I'm legal in all other respects; I don't have demerits. I blend into the traffic because I ride respectful of other users.

Call me what you will - I ride my ride and I don't care what you call me. So to the haters - fuck you, but I say it with a smile. To the ones who support my stand. Thanks for the support - respect.

StoneY
16th July 2011, 22:17
Mike is Mikey

disguising himself as a motorcyclist idiot, from days gone by :corn:

Ummmmm......

No

pritch
16th July 2011, 22:19
Ummm, welcome to KB. I feel like we've met before but that's only because I saw you on TV and have waded through this thread... :whistle:

_Shrek_
16th July 2011, 22:23
Ummmmm......

No

aye agree with you, but my post had the affect i wanted cheers :apint:

oldrider
16th July 2011, 23:11

Ok Mike, I accept and respect you in that you did it your way out of frustration and with honourable intention!

With due respect, action also commands reaction, responsibility and accountability!

Unfortunately I believe you inadvertently played into the hands of the enemy! (Nick Smith and ACC)

You unwittingly gave the TV program the opportunity to present you as a typical irresponsible loser biker that "they" must protect the rest of the motoring world from at all costs!

Majority people that I have heard comment or have spoken to have expressed this reaction!

I saw it that way myself.

IMHO you gave the Government and their agencies (Police) very good excuse to crack down on and carry out concentrated random roadside checks on every motorcyclist in the country to stamp out dangerous behaviour like you threatened!

If you think that sounds far fetched, I suggest that you have no comprehension of the number of freedoms that have been taken away from the general public in this country since WW2.

Freedoms have been eroded and taxations have been increased by politicians and PC do gooders that disguise themselves as our political representatives in duplicitous Governments, just like the ones you were trying to draw attention to on TV!

Never mind, I accept your intentions were valid and at least you did try to "do" something and I have to respect you for that!

To have tried and failed is probably better than to have never tried at all!

Better luck next time! :niceone: :ride:

avgas
16th July 2011, 23:57
Mike is awesome.

and no I haven't read this thread.

Beer?

nodrog
17th July 2011, 09:26

The reason why it all started.

Although it's been interesting to see your opinions you just aren't coming from the same place as me. I'm not mad, or bad. I'm a tradesman who's been working for 20+ years. I pay tax just like you, I have three cars and two motorcycles, a family and a normal life just like you. I don't shirk my responsibilities. My vehicles are maintained to WOF standard and get WOFs. But I don't believe in the ACC tax. And I despise that the money we pay for road tax gets syphoned off for other matters.

My bike was unregistered and the policeman took the number plate off me. I couldn't ride with no plate so I made my own.

When I was pulled up on a speeding ticket I was informed I could also be fin3ed for unauthorised plate - this gave me idea that a more realistic plate would work. So I went to sign place and had a good one made for me.

Had another made with bike model number as a wall hanging.

Everyone has their opinion - and they are entitled to them. This is just mine. I'm not a criminal or bad person - I'm just another guy just like you. It's just another tax and one I don't believe in - and they put the price up just because they COULD. And because I don't believe it's right I can't in good conscience support it. It's just the way I am.

Call it a conscientious objection to an unreasonable tax but its nothing to do with being a pussy.

The reason no-one's heard of me before is because I don't get pulled over. I'm legal in all other respects; I don't have demerits. I blend into the traffic because I ride respectful of other users.

Call me what you will - I ride my ride and I don't care what you call me. So to the haters - fuck you, but I say it with a smile. To the ones who support my stand. Thanks for the support - respect.

StoneY said you were a raceist

Maha
17th July 2011, 09:41
Apology to Mike/Mikey or whoever you are, I confused you with Marty.:corn:

_Shrek_
17th July 2011, 16:14
StoneY said you were a raceist

we're all raceist at one time or another it's human nature :innocent:

theseekerfinds
17th July 2011, 17:02
I'm still seething over that wanker Smith saying that motorcylists were "responsible" for the accidents they have.. what a prick!! and you guys were mad about being represented by Mike.. Smith said we are responsible for all the accidents we are involved in, not just laying the entire blame at our feet on national tv but saying it in an unambiguous way.. it's all our fault, so we should be made to pay more!! I think that should be more of the focus of your vitriol than the biker who fronts up..

nice work Mike, love the old school ride :rockon:

Katman
17th July 2011, 17:11
I'm still seething over that wanker Smith saying that motorcylists were "responsible" for the accidents they have.. what a prick!! and you guys were mad about being represented by Mike.. Smith said we are responsible for all the accidents we are involved in, not just laying the entire blame at our feet on national tv but saying it in an unambiguous way.. it's all our fault, so we should be made to pay more!! I think that should be more of the focus of your vitriol than the biker who fronts up..

Comprehension's not your strong-point, is it?

theseekerfinds
17th July 2011, 17:18
Comprehension's not your strong-point, is it?

nope, spelling mainly with grammar a strong second..:shifty:

Katman
17th July 2011, 18:27
nope, spelling mainly with grammar a strong second..:shifty:

Let me guess - you're one of those "all motorcycle accidents are the fault of the fucking cager" retards, aren't you?

The Lone Rider
17th July 2011, 18:51
With due respect, action also commands reaction, responsibility and accountability!

Unfortunately I believe you inadvertently played into the hands of the enemy! (Nick Smith and ACC)

You unwittingly gave the TV program the opportunity to present you as a typical irresponsible loser biker that "they" must protect the rest of the motoring world from at all costs!

Majority people that I have heard comment or have spoken to have expressed this reaction!

I saw it that way myself.

Having worked in multimedia including video, live, and published...

Unless you are specifically the one to edit, publish, or have final say on any form of video, written, or broadcast then you have zero control over the way things are presented.

Your post above can easily be quoted and written about in the same fashion, to make you sound like an angry irresponsible motorcyclist.

Likewise, any good natured home video at a bike rally, or photos at a gathering, can be made to look like a bunch of deviants who do nothing but cause trouble.

The media make it as they will.

You can either approach the media and hope for the best, and often be misquoted or taken out of context, or you can fade into the background and say nothing.

An easy example of this, is the fact everyone here is focusing on the person in the video rather than the ongoing issue of the ACC levies. And if you think it's fair representation, I'd question why the Bronz reps interview was cut to a mere sentence or two.

Theres some saying "Mikey" has fallin into a trap by ACC.

If anything, a lot of people are falling into the trap of media presenting a story in a way they see fit.

No media is fully representative.

I'm sure Jon Stewart would have had a good time with the original raw footage.

If you have a real issue, contact the broadcast standards authority or tv show and state you feel the story was presented purposefully in a way that inaccurately construes motorcyclist/bikers in a negative fashion.

And maybe someone try and get their hand on the raw footage. Interviewers tend to prod until they get things said they want them said.

riffer
17th July 2011, 19:02
Let me guess - you're one of those "all motorcycle accidents are the fault of the fucking cager" retards, aren't you?

I don't think anyone actually believes that any more Steve. The latest figures from Charlie Lamb, who has done a shitload of research on that subject, does show that NZ motorcyclists are to blame a slightly great percentage of the time than in other countries, but the fact remains that 66% of all multi-vehicle crashes involving motorcycles are caused by the other vehicle, predominantly a car (the rest of the world its about 70% other party).

The amount of single-vehicle motorcycle accidents remains about 40% of all crashes, identical with overseas results.

What is an issue is that almost every single crash involving a motorcycle in which the rider is killed alcohol, drugs or stupidly excessive speed are involved.

It really is gene-o-clean in action.

So, the likelihood of getting killed on a bike is lessened hugely if you don't mix riding with drink, drugs or stupid speed.

However, its difficult to avoid getting injured by car drivers doing stupid shit.

Katman
17th July 2011, 19:17
However, its difficult to avoid getting injured by car drivers doing stupid shit.

We should try harder.

riffer
17th July 2011, 19:38
We should try harder.

Yes we should. It should start when we are little, and we should be teaching the young kids when they are first learning to ride. Start with situational awareness and road safety, and respect for everything else on the road. Teach the car drivers too - NZers need to learn to respect EVERYONE on the road.

Edbear
17th July 2011, 19:42
We should try harder.

I actually agree with you here. :gob: I've never been knocked off by anyone or had an accident caused by a car driver. (I've actually never had an accident on a bike.) I've had a few close calls, but reflexes, defensive driving/riding and being alert and aware, has saved me on numerous occasions in my 40+ years on bikes.

While there are and have been, (and no doubt will be in future), accidents that the biker could do little or nothing to avoid, the way I've seen many riders behave, leaves them little or no margin for error, even if they think they are riding well. The fact that the consequences are so severe, means we, the more vulnerable, need to ride extra defensively with an eye on our margins.

FJRider
17th July 2011, 20:49

It's quite easy to avoid most of them ... if you are ANYWHERE near a car on the road ... EXPECT them to do stupid shit. TOO often ... they will ... and you will be ready ...

The Lone Rider
18th July 2011, 21:31
Can someone please give me the date and time this aired on TV? I did not catch it when it aired, but only saw the online snippet.

I will be laying a formal complaint to the chief exec of broadcasting for TVNZ.

Others feel free to join in. I don't believe the portrayal of motorcyclists/bikers was in anyway accurate or fair. And that is a breech of broadcasting standards.

_Shrek_
18th July 2011, 22:57
Can someone please give me the date and time this aired on TV? I did not catch it when it aired, but only saw the online snippet.

Others feel free to join in. I don't believe the portrayal of motorcyclists/bikers was in anyway accurate or fair. And that is a breech of broadcasting standards.

you will have to modify your statment as part of their portrayal is true, because there is a small % of motorcyclists/bikers/bikies that are total tossers

Katman
19th July 2011, 08:44

Good luck with that. I can't see them taking the slightest notice of your complaint.

As Shrek said, the story was accurate in that there are in fact many motorcyclists refusing to pay their rego at the moment.

Banditbandit
19th July 2011, 09:15

Good luck. As a journalist in a former life I can warn you now - it's not a breach.

FJRider
19th July 2011, 10:44
... As Shrek said, the story was accurate in that there are in fact many motorcyclists refusing to pay their rego at the moment.

Or at least many motorcyclists that can't afford the rego at the moment ... not quite the same ...

theseekerfinds
19th July 2011, 10:48

white hat and cape must sit well on you and your finger pointing.. nope I advocate training and awareness and fully admit my own responsibility in the crashes I have had, as opposed to unimaginative name calling of those not sharing my own views.. go fuck yourself Katman and take a chill pill while you are at it, it's not my fault you were beaten as a child so take your problems and get them sorted elsewhere.. no wonder people think this site is full of whingers and slaggers with posts of such substance as yours..

theseekerfinds
19th July 2011, 10:51
Or at least many motorcyclists that can't afford the rego at the moment ... not quite the same ...

wonder how many of those same riders can afford beer and smokes (or other "essentials") though?

we all have priorities that are different I guess..

FJRider
19th July 2011, 10:56
wonder how many of those same riders can afford beer and smokes (or other "essentials") though?

we all have priorities that are different I guess..

Not many boycott protests at booze and smokes retailers over the current pricing levels I noticed ... :innocent:

I guess everybody is happy to pay ... :violin:

theseekerfinds
19th July 2011, 10:58
I guess everybody is happy to pay ... :violin:

dunno about happy, but they do seem to pay in some way shape or form.. I wonder what the turnout to a smokeoi or boozeoi would be??

FJRider
19th July 2011, 11:05
..... I wonder what the turnout to a smokeoi or boozeoi would be??

At whatever numbers ... I seriously doubt it would make ANY difference ...

Katman
19th July 2011, 11:24

Thought I'd quote your post again to save you having to flick back through previous pages.

The words used in the interview were (from Steven Joyce) "While in many cases it's other drivers at fault it's also often motorcyclists at fault as well" (and from Nick Smith) "The level of levy that is being collected from motorcyclists for accidents on the road where the motorcyclists are responsible is still probably less than the actual cost".

He does not say that all motorcycle accidents are the fault of the motorcyclist.

However, there is plenty of evidence out there that in over half of motorcycle accidents, motorcyclists bear total or partial responsibility and in fact that figure rises to 75% for fatal motorcycle accidents.

And also bear in mind that there are countless motorcycle accidents that don't even make it to the attention of the powers that be.

The Lone Rider
19th July 2011, 12:02
So I take it absolutely no one has any idea of the date and time this aired?

Katman
19th July 2011, 12:07

Post #3 should probably give you a clue.

If your indignant complaint matches your investigative ability, you're going to need more than just luck.

:facepalm:

Bald Eagle
19th July 2011, 12:23

Here http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/high-rego-costs-create-outlaw-bikers-4300323/video

StoneY
19th July 2011, 12:24
However, there is plenty of evidence out there that in over half of motorcycle accidents, motorcyclists bear total or partial responsibility and in fact that figure rises to 75% for fatal motorcycle accidents.

I contest those numbers Steve and given the access I have to the data, I think I have a good place to contest from

I have also seen issues related to the data entry where a 250cc Kawasaki has been entered as a 2500cc vehicle, moving the average of the reporting for the 50 fatalities it was a part of, from 380cc to 660cc - 2009's data in fact

Wont get dragged into a 'whats the real number' yet because we are still investigating what that number ACTUALLY is but its far from 75% my friend

Virago
19th July 2011, 12:26

It's not rocket science - go to the TVNZ website - enter motorcyclists in the search field.

I suggest that you actually watch the item before complaining about it. There was nothing unbalanced about it, nor did it breach any Broadcasting Standards.

theseekerfinds
19th July 2011, 12:39
whilst I see your point Katman I guess when I listen to the way Smith speaks in his very enunciated way I hear blame blame blame as opposed to balanced accountability.. I don't buy that we, as motorcyclists, should be apportioned with such a high percentage of levy when we, as motorcyclists, possibly don't account for that much of an ACC outlay relative to domestic injuries and alcohol related injuries or the like.. I pay my rego for car and bike and really don't begrudge the actual payment, I guess I think because of the ignorant belief of many that all motorcyclists can afford more because a motorcycle is a luxury toy, and we are all speeding maniacs, means we should pay more is flawed.. bear in mind here I have not looked into actual statistics nor into the details, I only speak from my own perception (however skewed that may be) I just think there should be more of an even handed application of the levy but that isn't the way it is.. I am not too sure of how it should be evenly applied but just think the amount could be spread around more than it is..

Katman
19th July 2011, 12:42
I am not too sure of how it should be evenly applied but just think the amount could be spread around more than it is..

How about (for a start), those who repeatedly have accidents pay more?

Katman
19th July 2011, 12:45
Wont get dragged into a 'whats the real number' yet because we are still investigating what that number ACTUALLY is but its far from 75% my friend

That's all well and good Stoney, but until you can come up with irrefutable evidence to the contrary then you simply doing an ostrich impersonation.

You could start by trawling through all the Kiwibiker fatalities. I imagine they wouldn't be too far off 75%.

Banditbandit
19th July 2011, 12:51
How about (for a start), those who repeatedly have accidents pay more?

That idea was put to them - but more like a "no claims bonus" - no claims for two year - an reduction in Acc, no claims for five years - a further reduction ...

ACC didn't like it ...

Deano
19th July 2011, 12:54
That idea was put to them - but more like a "no claims bonus" - no claims for two year - an reduction in Acc, no claims for five years - a further reduction ...

ACC didn't like it ...

Why ? Because its actually more fair ?

avgas
19th July 2011, 13:06
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MuOvqeABHvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

StoneY
19th July 2011, 13:50
That's all well and good Stoney, but until you can come up with irrefutable evidence to the contrary then you simply doing an ostrich impersonation.

You could start by trawling through all the Kiwibiker fatalities. I imagine they wouldn't be too far off 75%.

I don't need to focus on Kiwibiker ones dude I get all of them, and it is not pleasant reading...every fatality this year I have read the crash report, and some going back a way too.

However, there have been more than a few where the rider has been the victim of a poor driver yet still its entered as 'rider fault' into the system.

The example of the 2500cc Kwaka I mentioned earlier.
When the reports are done its on two forms, form 1 for vehicle deemed by 1st on scene cop to be at fault, second one for victims details

Driver reverses out of driveway, knocks biker off, on a 50Kmh street lined with speed bumps
Initial report by on the scene copper rates cage driver at fault
Makes him vehicle 1 (blamed) and bike vehicle 2 (victim)

Post report analysis turns that over to 'rider fault' and the vehicles swap numbers, ergo the bike suddenly becomes a 2.5 liter (the car was a 2.5 ltr Volvo)

Mostly cos he failed to stop...yet he was t-boned by a reversing car, and the 1st cop on scene says he was killed by the negligent driving of the other vehicle...some office wally in the aftermath decides in the letter of the law interpretation he has of the diagram the bikes at fault for being behind a reversing car and (the bike) should have managed to stop, ergo he was speeding.... a ZZR250 between speedhumps...speeding???? T-Boned mid bike.....

Go figure

And mate, my head is nowhere near as in sand as many on here, that includes YOU! (don't take it personally)

You all have theories and beliefs, while I am wading through piles of FACT, documented and analyzed, mistakes and all....grim reading buddy, something I (in all honesty) was never prepared for and not something I hope anyone here ends up having to read every month either.........

avgas
19th July 2011, 14:04
Which raises the question.
Is a ZZR250 a REAL bike?
The press say yes, I say its a scooter.

StoneY
19th July 2011, 14:17
I say we get back on topic'

Who was that masked rider??????

oneofsix
19th July 2011, 14:23
I say we get back on topic'

Who was that masked rider??????

Zorro, the mask rider is always Zorro, right?

After trying to correct the police statement over the cause of one of my accidents just so they get their stats right and eventually going what the Fuck I accept it was my fault anyhow because they just didn't want to think, I don't trust their stats. i admit it is the best we have but it is like being given the choice between a $2 shop screw driver and a Warehouse Red Stamp screwdriver.

Katman
19th July 2011, 14:41
The example of the 2500cc Kwaka I mentioned earlier.
When the reports are done its on two forms, form 1 for vehicle deemed by 1st on scene cop to be at fault, second one for victims details

Driver reverses out of driveway, knocks biker off, on a 50Kmh street lined with speed bumps
Initial report by on the scene copper rates cage driver at fault
Makes him vehicle 1 (blamed) and bike vehicle 2 (victim)

Post report analysis turns that over to 'rider fault' and the vehicles swap numbers, ergo the bike suddenly becomes a 2.5 liter (the car was a 2.5 ltr Volvo)

So you've found one clerical error and suddenly their stats are all bullshit?

Fuck me, who put you in charge of data analysis?

Banditbandit
19th July 2011, 15:07
Why ? Because its actually more fair ?

Probably because it made too much sense for Nick Smith to accept

Crasherfromwayback
19th July 2011, 15:10
Probably because it made too much sense for Nick Smith to accept

Along with the fact that it's unfair to expect some poor cunt that has five bikes to have to pay the cunting tax 5 times over.

StoneY
19th July 2011, 15:11
So you've found one clerical error and suddenly their stats are all bullshit?
Fuck me, who put you in charge of data analysis?

If you MUST know Steve, yes, I am on a sub group tasked with exactly that duty - dig into the stats, find the flaws, seek a way to improve it. Any way we can. And we are.

A lesson in statistics for you:
Even ONE error like that in 50 records (and FYI we know of seven like this) is a huge difference, if you cant see past YOUR own severely blinded version of the truth to see the MATH behind this, then I pity you for being a zealot as opposed to a crusader.

This one instance can change the AVERAGE by hundreds of CC's, and in fact, this one did exactly that.
The MEAN for the years deaths in regards CC ratings was actually about 330cc's, but this one error pushed it to be 660cc's
601cc bikes and over are UNDER represented in the fatalities.... and immensely so!

If 7 x 250cc's and 2 x 1100cc bikes are in a periods reporting, how far out will that report be when one 250cc becomes a 2,500cc?
FUCKIN SHITLOADS! I rest my case.

This error as demonstrated here was uncovered by Charlie Lamb, a very respected researcher, world respected PHD in Business and marketing analysis, and head of Australasian Institute of Motorcycle Studies...wanna call him names or accuse him of making shit up?
Last Thursday he demonstrated to a group of MC representatives on statistics, focused on MVA incidents, and its extremely eye opening to see how ONE such error can lead to a very twisted view of the data

It makes the MEAN and the AVERAGE totally screwed for a start in a sample as small as 50, and that's the reality of this very example (which is in fact a real world situation that happened in our 09 stats)
As above, Dr Lambs researchers found 7 such errors, that one happens to be the most extreme case and he used it to show us why the data is CURRENTLY unreliable...that ok with you Steve????

Now can we get back to the thread topic?

oneofsix
19th July 2011, 15:15
This one instance can change the AVERAGE by hundreds of CC's, and in fact, this one did exactly that.
The MEAN for the years deaths in regards CC ratings was actually about 330cc's, but this one error pushed it to be 660cc's
601cc bikes and over are UNDER represented in the fatalities.... and immensely so!

If 7 x 250cc's and 2 x 1100cc bikes are in a periods reporting, how far out will that report be when one 250cc becomes a 2,500cc?
FUCKIN SHITLOADS! I rest my case.

Cool, now will Nick the prick please refund me on my 650? now there's a Tui ad.

Katman
19th July 2011, 15:16
Now can we get back to the thread topic?

What the fuck has cc rating got to do with it?

I'm talking specifically about where responsibility for fatal motorcycle accidents lies.

This error as demonstrated here was uncovered by Charlie Lamb, a very respected researcher, world respected PHD in Business and marketing analysis, and head of Australasian Institute of Motorcycle Studies...wanna call him names or accuse him of making shit up?

I already have.

The Lone Rider
19th July 2011, 15:43
I think the usefulness of fools like "Virago" start and finish well before they wake up and log online.

Quite clearly the online version gives a date and time of publication to their website. That is not necessarily the time it was broadcast. Some verification from someone who had seen the broadcast, was a simple request.

There seem to be far fewer people making an effort to help a wider community of two wheelers.

In a case of fools arguing; best not to attend lest you be confused as one of them. I'm outa here.

Katman
19th July 2011, 15:49
Quite clearly the online version gives a date and time of publication to their website. That is not necessarily the time it was broadcast. Some verification from someone who had seen the broadcast, was a simple request.

The first post of this thread was posted at about 8.00pm on the 12th of July.

The online video was uploaded at about 7.30pm on the 12th of July.

It would be a fair bet that the article played on the news on the 12th of July.

Sometimes 1 plus 1 does actually equal 2.

StoneY
19th July 2011, 15:50
Who gives a fuck about what cc rating is recorded?

I'm talking specifically about where responsibility for fatal motorcycle accidents lies.

Obviously the Minister of ACC does - hence the 601cc line in the sand on the levy fee

I already have.

All year long I have tried to take your viewpoint as 'an alternative that needs to be heard'
But now.... you just can't be reasoned with at all can you? Even when the truth is in your face you have to try twist the thread to suit your narrow minded view of the world huh?

If the truth does not match YOUR version of reality you resort to pathetic attempts to discredit those doing the REAL work, well dude epic fail, you are WRONG get the fuck over it.
The guys I am working with as part of this team, are far smarter than I am and they are starting to see these numbers that Dr Lamb has demonstrated, and its very eye opening indeed.

In 70% of the developed world, 70% of all MVA's Motorcyclists are involved in are caused by the other vehicle, in NZ according to Dr Lamb its about 65%
Most of these incidents are caused by visibility issues affecting the non motorcyclists... and sometimes that IS speed, and if so it can be the bike at fault for sure............ but NOT ALWAYS!

Even single vehicle accidents for bikes are frequently caused by external influence, gravel spills, poorly swept or unmarked roadworks play a factor far more often than many believe

Get over yaself this time Steve....

Back to topic

Who was Mad Mike?

Ender EnZed
19th July 2011, 15:52

It was on ONE News At 6pm on Tuesday the 12th of July.

Katman
19th July 2011, 15:55
The guys I am working with as part of this team, are far smarter than I am......

Goldfish are smarter than you Stoney.

StoneY
19th July 2011, 16:04

Goldfish are smarter than you Stoney.

Always got to stoop to the personal level huh?
I think you just ran out of credible arguments, and caved.

Hmmmmmm new poll methinks.......

Maha
19th July 2011, 16:06
Always got to stoop to the personal level huh?
I think you just ran out of credible arguments, and caved.

Hmmmmmm new poll methinks.......

I should break with tradition and start one....:woohoo:

avgas
19th July 2011, 16:41
What beer should I buy from the supermarket this week?

Perhaps I will make a shandy for any ZZR250 that wish to have a drink.

Katman
19th July 2011, 16:50
Even when the truth is in your face you have to try twist the thread to suit your narrow minded view of the world huh?

What truth?

I mentioned the figure of 75% in regards to responsibility for motorcycle accidents and you start wanking on about incorrect recording of cc ratings.

Talk about twisting threads.

Banditbandit
19th July 2011, 16:51
Well overdue for Monty Python (tho' sometimes this thread resembles a script ...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygy7UDADXDg

Crasherfromwayback
19th July 2011, 17:00
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyshsGOnFHg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyshsGOnFHg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Katman
19th July 2011, 18:52
As above, Dr Lambs researchers found 7 such errors, that one happens to be the most extreme case and he used it to show us why the data is CURRENTLY unreliable...that ok with you Steve????

I have this picture in my head of you all sitting at the feet of your revered Professor and suddenly someone jumping up saying "Ow, ow, Charlie - I've found one!! Look, they've written this 9 upside down and it should be a 6!!"

All the while conveniently ignoring the fact that it is still a motorcycle accident. (And probably an accident that was immanently avoidable).

You lot can keep chasing your tails if it makes you feel useful. Me? I'll stick to the real issues.

_Shrek_
19th July 2011, 19:21
I think the usefulness of fools like "Virago" start and finish well before they wake up and log online.

There seem to be far fewer people making an effort to help a wider community of two wheelers.

In a case of fools arguing; best not to attend lest you be confused as one of them. I'm outa here.

sorry to see you go :wavey: :clap:

riffer
19th July 2011, 20:34
I have this picture in my head of you all sitting at the feet of your revered Professor and suddenly someone jumping up saying "Ow, ow, Charlie - I've found one!! Look, they've written this 9 upside down and it should be a 6!!"

All the while conveniently ignoring the fact that it is still a motorcycle accident. (And probably an accident that was immanently avoidable).

You lot can keep chasing your tails - I'll stick to the real issues.

To a point you're right Steve. If we all never rode bikes we wouldn't have crashes. I've been privy to all the data too. Charlie Lamb & co aren't sitting around being idiots - there's a lot of work gone into this.

For me what's been the eye opener has been observing the mode, rather than the mean. Where the mean is the averaging out of all the figures, the mode is the most-commonly occurring figure.

And what's standing out is the following figures:

In the case of multiple vehicle accidents (MVAs) - it's predominantly car drivers causing the accidents - around 66%.

In the case of single vehicle accidents (SVAs) - its about 35% environmental factors. Which leaves about 65% rider responsibility for the accidents.

Now what's also interesting it that in the MVAs the most likely person to cause the accident is 21 years old and has had a licence less than 5 years. And the person most likely to be on the bike is 21 years old as well and has also had a license less than 5 years.

And the SVAs - the mode age was a bit older - 25 - but the huge majority of riders tested positive for alcohol or drugs in the blood - and a large majority were also exceeding the speed limit.

So yes - there is clear evidence that a small minority of riders are killing themselves through riding fast (and a large number of them are fucked up on drugs or alcohol) but it's by means the epidemic it appears through your posts.

So - we have two problems:

1. The young fellers (car and motorcycle) who obviously need training; and
2. The Darwin award winners.

I'm inclined to look after group no 1 and let group no 2 gradually die off.

What ideas do others have?

scumdog
19th July 2011, 20:39

100% here.

But I haven't been to every crash in NZ.

Katman
19th July 2011, 20:40
What ideas do others have?

As I've said before Simon - the answer's simple.

Try harder to avoid accidents.

Berries
20th July 2011, 00:03
In the case of single vehicle accidents (SVAs) - its about 35% environmental factors. Which leaves about 65% rider responsibility for the accidents.
Would be interesting to see what environmental factors get the figure up that high. I'll give you a diesel spill on a wet road, hidden gravel on a corner, isolated sections of shit road surface, sudden gusts of wind and the odd suicidal farm animal. Can't think of much else that would be so unexpected that a rider didn't have some influence over the way things panned out.

Berries
21st July 2011, 22:18
I was bored so I checked. After crunching a few numbers I decided to just look at some crash reports -

Farmer with no licence on an unregistered farm bike with 6yo pillion, neither of them wearing helmets. Hit a bump in the track as they went to cross the road and got flung off. Environmental.

Unlicenced rider, drunk and stoned. No helmet but nice pair of jandals to match the Harley. Too fast in to corner, ran it wide and hit some gravel that had been pushed to the edge of seal and lost it. I am sure he would have saved it otherwise, not. Environmental.

MX bike on public road, hard braking to turn in to driveway lost it on metal grate on dry road. Environmental.

Scooter bravely fighting 110km/h winds finally gets blown off the road. Environmental.

Drunk in a hurry to get home turned up a dead end street. Didn’t realise till he got to the end and hit the brakes in the wet and fell off. Environmental. And funny.

Guy starts his bike on a cold and wet morning, boots it while turning on to the main road and falls off. Environmental.

Guy slowing as he came up to a stop sign in the wet when bike fell from under him due to diesel spill. Environmental.

They were the first random ones I looked at. Perhaps the scooter rider should have waited until the wind had died down. Apart from that the only (realistically) non avoidable one is the last one where I would say that environmental factors caused the crash.

My point is that 35% environmental factors does not mean 65% rider fault. It is just another way of trying to shift the blame from the rider to something or someone else. Like saying two thirds of MVA’s are caused by car drivers. Maybe so, but how many of them could have been avoided by the rider? Using the accepted technical term here, I would suggest a shitload.

Oh yes, big ups to Mikey as well.

riffer
21st July 2011, 22:23
WDFD.

100% of the crashes could have been avoided by the riders if they had have chose to drive a nice safe car.

Not the point.

The point is that:

Most multiple vehicle (MC vs Car) crashes are due to inexperience, youthful indiscretion, or visibility issues
Most single vehicle (MC only) accidents wouldn't happen if people stopped drinking, taking drugs or riding too fast for the conditions.

Katman
21st July 2011, 22:25
My point is .........

You say it so much betterer than me.

Berries
21st July 2011, 22:32
WFPT.

I was just interested in the 35/65 split because I didn’t believe it. The way I read your earlier post was that basically half the crashes we are involved in are beyond our control, which is obviously not the case.

I agree with your other bit, improved training for new riders that goes beyond how to simply ride a motorbike, and then let Darwin sort out the other ones.

Pussy
21st July 2011, 22:45
WDFD.

100% of the crashes could have been avoided by the riders if they had have chose to drive a nice safe car.

Not the point.

The point is that:

Most multiple vehicle (MC vs Car) crashes are due to inexperience, youthful indiscretion, or visibility issues
Most single vehicle (MC only) accidents wouldn't happen if people stopped drinking, taking drugs or riding too fast for the conditions.

It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd.... it's still a turd.

Fuck ups need to be owned.

StoneY
22nd July 2011, 11:01

Fuck ups need to be owned.

Yep they do, and no one denies that but the fuck ups caused by all, including bad road works management, loose diesel cap owners, farmers who refuse to stand the stock prior to transport (biggest cause of the 'greenline' issue) and road markers leaving glass beads swept into the gutter where they simply blow back out onto the road......

Kinsmens run last year
Unmarked roadworks, brand new seal on the blind side if a hillcrest with no warning at all on a easy 100km road...easy till the 3 harleys behind me hit the gravel.
Couldn't quite handle it like my KTM, and all 3 went off, with 300+ witnesses right behind them....
Hard luck all who were first over that rise, but you know, a 3 bike pile up ahead sure let the rest of the riders know there was an 'environmental' issue ahead....

Will Hogans take ownership of that one? Or Oldfields, or whoever the contractor was?

oneofsix
22nd July 2011, 11:14
Yep they do, and no one denies that but the fuck ups caused by all, including bad road works management, loose diesel cap owners, farmers who refuse to stand the stock prior to transport (biggest cause of the 'greenline' issue) and road markers leaving glass beads swept into the gutter where they simply blow back out onto the road......

Kinsmens run last year
Unmarked roadworks, brand new seal on the blind side if a hillcrest with no warning at all on a easy 100km road...easy till the 3 harleys behind me hit the gravel.
Couldn't quite handle it like my KTM, and all 3 went off, with 300+ witnesses right behind them....
Hard luck all who were first over that rise, but you know, a 3 bike pile up ahead sure let the rest of the riders know there was an 'environmental' issue ahead....

Will Hogans take ownership of that one? Or Oldfields, or whoever the contractor was?

not unless their hirer does and that means NZTA and all local councils. The councils will only take ownership if a higher authority like NZTA force them. This all points back to the ACC council who are the only group with an interest in kicking this off.

jellywrestler
22nd July 2011, 11:22

even this one Pussy?

jellywrestler
22nd July 2011, 11:24
Kinsmens run last year

So given that they were obeying all the rules, like the two second rule how come they went down in a pile then?

StoneY
22nd July 2011, 11:52
So given that they were obeying all the rules, like the two second rule how come they went down in a pile then?

Bikes 4 and 5 pulled up only just in time, having seen the other 3 shoot straight off the road. So did the other 300 odd behind, but the first 3 HD's were history.

Lead bike was a Buell, second was me on the super duke and we both almost went off the edge as well. The guys behind us wouldn't have had any clue from us, we didn't go off. More luck than skill too....

If you were there would you have managed to stop in 2 seconds from 100kmh?
I think not pal, and braking into the new seal would have been even worse than just riding it out as best possible.

BLIND crest with unmarked roadworks, no warning signs, not even a road cone
The heavy bikes were screwed, no chance at all.
And no one will ever convince anyone who was THERE that day it was rider fault.

Spearfish
22nd July 2011, 11:55

Kinsmens run last year

Definitely the first one that fell, but the ones that went down after that start to shift the blame rapidly back to themselves.
But I understand your point coming from a mates point of view.

jellywrestler
22nd July 2011, 12:04
Bikes 4 and 5 pulled up only just in time, having seen the other 3 shoot straight off the road. So did the other 300 odd behind, but the first 3 HD's were history.

Lead bike was a Buell, second was me on the super duke and we both almost went off the edge as well. The guys behind us wouldn't have had any clue from us, we didn't go off. More luck than skill too....

If you were there would you have managed to stop in 2 seconds from 100kmh?
I think not pal, and braking into the new seal would have been even worse than just riding it out as best possible.

BLIND crest with unmarked roadworks, no warning signs, not even a road cone
The heavy bikes were screwed, no chance at all.
And no one will ever convince anyone who was THERE that day it was rider fault.
seems like they were being heroes trying to keep up with two bikes that had better handling capablities than them.
I can't stop in 2 seconds from 100km'h, but I can reduce my speed and get myself ready for a change in conditions a fair bit though.
Any of those pack rides with mixes of different riding abilities, bike capabilities, and egos are accidents waiting to happen.

Crasherfromwayback
22nd July 2011, 12:07
Any of those pack rides with mixes of different riding abilities, bike capabilities, and egos are accidents waiting to happen.

Fuckin aye. And that's exactly why I never go on any.

oneofsix
22nd July 2011, 12:12
seems like they were being heroes trying to keep up with two bikes that had better handling capablities than them.
I can't stop in 2 seconds from 100km'h, but I can reduce my speed and get myself ready for a change in conditions a fair bit though.

See StoneY you can't win with those without imagination who weren't there. So lets see the lead HD is over 2 secs behind StoneY, how does that help him? Number 2 HD is over secs on the road he has been on behind HD 1 when HD 1 goes down but now HD2 is in the shit himself and what was a 2 sec gap is 0 so how did the 2 sec gap help? plus he never hits HD1 as he was riding staggered and it is the loose shit that takes him out. HD3 same again. Why, cause the HDs are crusiers suited to good tar roads, not adventure bikes, shit the Super Duke had problems with this shit and an HD is meant to handle it!

Crasherfromwayback
22nd July 2011, 12:15
, shit the Super Duke had problems with this shit and an HD is meant to handle it!

I'd rather ride an HD on loose surfaces than a Superduke.

oneofsix
22nd July 2011, 12:20
I'd rather ride an HD on loose surfaces than a Superduke.

OK I'll take your word for that having never tried either. But on either hitting that loose shit without warning is liable to throw you (pun intended)

Crasherfromwayback
22nd July 2011, 12:22
OK I'll take your word for that having never tried either. But on either hitting that loose shit without warning is liable to throw you (pun intended)

Agree. I've hit unmarked sand used for trenching on a corner and gone down in a heap. Impossible to see.

jellywrestler
22nd July 2011, 12:41
See StoneY you can't win with those without imagination who weren't there. So lets see the lead HD is over 2 secs behind StoneY, how does that help him? Number 2 HD is over secs on the road he has been on behind HD 1 when HD 1 goes down but now HD2 is in the shit himself and what was a 2 sec gap is 0 so how did the 2 sec gap help? plus he never hits HD1 as he was riding staggered and it is the loose shit that takes him out. HD3 same again. Why, cause the HDs are crusiers suited to good tar roads, not adventure bikes, shit the Super Duke had problems with this shit and an HD is meant to handle it!
I'm always looking for any clues on road conditions from the vehicle in front, whether I know then or not in this case I'm sure there would've been some sort of noticeable reaction that was unexpected as they found the shit, crashed etc.
Simple fact is they were riding too close together.
Doubtless that the roadworkers had a contributing factor by not marking it suitably (or vandals took down markers) but that's the road, you've got to be aware

StoneY
22nd July 2011, 13:02
I'm always looking for any clues on road conditions from the vehicle in front, whether I know then or not in this case I'm sure there would've been some sort of noticeable reaction that was unexpected as they found the shit, crashed etc.
Simple fact is they were riding too close together.
Doubtless that the roadworkers had a contributing factor by not marking it suitably (or vandals took down markers) but that's the road, you've got to be aware

Well dude 300+ witnesses, all long term experienced riders disagree with you
I would bet if you were in those first 5 bikes your undies woulkd need changing and ya bike need a paint job too....
I was there man and there was NO way you or anyone could blame the riders for this incident

Interesting you say what you did Pete, the lighter bikes skipped and slid a bit but the poor bastards on the HD's were off the road before they even knew they had hit the gravel.........guess it was just too sudden a surface change to accommodate for right on the crest of the hill
As HD no1 shot sideways off the road 300+ bikes following started braking in ernest
The fact NO ONE collided with another bike in that MASS emergency stop, says 99% of that ride pack were on the ball IMO

Crasherfromwayback
22nd July 2011, 13:08
Interesting you say what you did Pete, the lighter bikes skipped and slid a bit but the poor bastards on the HD's were off the road before they even knew they had hit the gravel

Well HD's are nice and lazy in the steering dept...like a dirtbike. They also (most of em anyway) have nice narrow tyres that are also better on loose surfaces than fat sports bike tyres. I've ridden big HD's on gravel sideways at much higer speeds that I could ever acheive on a sports bike.

jellywrestler
22nd July 2011, 13:32
I would bet if you were in those first 5 bikes your undies woulkd need changing and ya bike need a paint job too....
I was there man and there was NO way you or anyone could blame the riders for this incident

Interesting you say what you did Pete, the lighter bikes skipped and slid a bit but the poor bastards on the HD's were off the road before they even knew they had hit the gravel.........guess it was just too sudden a surface change to accommodate for right on the crest of the hill
As HD no1 shot sideways off the road 300+ bikes following started braking in ernest
The fact NO ONE collided with another bike in that MASS emergency stop, says 99% of that ride pack were on the ball IMO
This was a weekend ride so either the road workers were there on site and there would have been trucks etc parked somewhere close which is a warning to alert motorists, or said gravel would have been there at least overnight and no matter how thick it had been laid would have had a few vehicles over it over the friday night to at least clear some sort of path that should be manageable if someone was riding within their own and thier bikes capabilities. Furthermore vehicles coming from the other way would've dragged some of the gravel with them in their tyres which would have been scattered across the whole road to some extent. The slightest tinkle of a stone my bike picked up off the road is a message that there could be more; lots more so I'm on extra alert immediately. I'm sorry but a huge factor in this i'm sure were the distractions of a pack ride.

If it was as bad as you said how come anybody got through there at all????

Another question, 300 witnesses all so skilled at what they do no doubt many with cameras cell phones how come there wasn't a huge public outcry etc if it was that clean cut anD innocent people were hurt?

I SIMPLY DON'T BELIEVE 35% OF ACCIDENTS CAN BE APPORTIONED TO THE ENVIRONMENT ALONE.

StoneY
22nd July 2011, 14:47
Dude you can believe what you want, but as you were not on the ride discussed above I really dont give a shit what YOU believe happened that day.
I WAS there, and a barely escaped being a statistic myself.

3 bikes went down and NO one form the construction team was there, no signs, no cones, NO fucking warning whatsoever.

I am providing an instance that the environment was UNQUESTIONABLY the cause of the incident.

No matter who came across it had NO warning, until the bikes ahead of them hit it.
End of story...as for your theory of other vehicles clearing the road or the road workers would have been present because it was a weekend, what a load of tripe.

avgas
22nd July 2011, 15:12
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1003/you-werent-there-man-army-demotivational-poster-1267633365.jpg
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/20/e418d173-bdf2-4ca6-a457-5d638dadacd9.jpg

jellywrestler
22nd July 2011, 16:27
Dude
No matter who came across it had NO warning, until the bikes ahead of them hit it.
End of story...as for your theory of other vehicles clearing the road or the road workers would have been present because it was a weekend, what a load of tripe.

DUDE, how 1970's of you.
You misread my post, I said the run was on a Saturday, EITHER the work was being done that day AND the road workers would have been there OR the work had at least been there overnight meaning a number of motorists and motorcyclists would've been over it already and [A] cleared the fresh gravel to some extent it doesn't take long before a path is worn through the gravel [B] the vehicles coming the other way would have bought at least some evidence of stones with them meaning at least a few stones on the road giving your bunch at least a remote warning that something was amiss or were the riders wearing ipods or similar?.

How many other vehicles had it claimed overnight then? If the Gravel was sooo bad then the ditch must have been full of wrecked vehicles

I also asked if it was so dangerous and there were 300+ bikes there how come no-one bothered to record the evidence ring the cops, Campbell live, the king of Norway etc and get whoever left this man-trap to be held accountable, were all the camera phones flat?????

Last time I found a dangerous road hazard that was a result of incompetence by a roading crew i got evidence and did something about it, they couldn't argue with hard evidence from a camera etc and were scurrying for a while i tell you.

StoneY
22nd July 2011, 16:53
Cops who attended and Ambo's were full of 'going to follow this one up' I never heard where it got to, cops were adamant it was non rider fault for all 3 victims.
Masterton Council were informed etc.....

Once ALL riders knew there was a huge gravel pit ahead, the rest of the ride passed through safely at a very low speed but the first group were either lucky like me of victims like those right behind my bike

It was about 75-100meters of freshly laid seal. Could still smell the tar. I repeat, no signs, no warning, no gravel spread on our side as it was at the crest and any 'sweepings' went downhill and away from our viewpoint

Sometimes, the environment is the issue....and this was one of them.

Just so ya realize I aint being JUST a stubborn bitch on this, I do agree too many times riders blame the environment when they should have ridden better and thats something I doubt we can ever measure to an accurate degree.

Deano
22nd July 2011, 17:06
Change in the environment is a serious concern.

One time (the one and only time), I got past Cycosis on a trip to Castlepoint, the sudden change of environment (being in front instead of following) *caused* me to run off the effing road. Now was it speed, brain fade, limited visibility (crest of a hill before a decreasing radius down hill corner) or the change in my env ? :facepalm::whocares:

Crasherfromwayback
22nd July 2011, 17:12
Last time I found a dangerous road hazard that was a result of incompetence by a roading crew i got evidence and did something about it, they couldn't argue with hard evidence from a camera etc and were scurrying for a while i tell you.

And I got paid out in full from Morepork Contracting for my biff.

Deano
22nd July 2011, 17:26
And I got paid out in full from Morepork Contracting for my biff.

I don't think it's uncommon. Just got to push your point to the Council or contractor. Don't back down.

Katman
22nd July 2011, 18:49
Sometimes, the environment is the issue....and this was one of them.

It's truly pathetic watching someone latch onto a single incident in an attempt to excuse a multitude of accidents.

FJRider
22nd July 2011, 19:32

If you FOLLOW an HD ... expect problems ... If THEY aren't aware of NEW SEAL issues ... that's YOUR problem ... (if you are following them ...)

IF THEY CAN'T TELL WHAT IS NEW SEAL ... ??? :blink:

YOU judge what is ahead of YOU .. Personal responsibility is paramount ... If YOU RELY ON OTHERS to ensure the road ahead is safe ... FOR YOU ... to ride on ... YOUR PROBLEM ...

Road condition issues ... contact the LOCAL authorities .. and make a complaint ..

Perhaps that LAST 1 % ... needs to up their game ... and GET ... "On the ball"

Grasshopperus
22nd July 2011, 19:56
I am Mikey-acus

Pussy
22nd July 2011, 20:38
Here's a suggestion.
Instead of always blaming someone/something else and immersing in the "victim" mentality..... why not take a bit of personal responsibility?.....

Kickaha
22nd July 2011, 22:35
Here's a suggestion.
Instead of always blaming someone/something else and immersing in the "victim" mentality..... why not take a bit of personal responsibility?.....

:lol: I haven't laughed so much for years, that is so last century

Pussy
22nd July 2011, 22:44
:lol: I haven't laughed so much for years, that is so last century

Shit! Sorry, Kick!

How's this? Wah wah... it's okay to let your confidence exceed your competence. And if you pay the price for it, it's someone/something else's fault!!

scumdog
23rd July 2011, 08:16

Ah, the 'KB Way' (tm)

Judgement based on supposition, guesswork and prejudice!!

Well done, an A+ pass!

scumdog
23rd July 2011, 08:18
Here's a suggestion.

Get with the programme dude - this IS the 21st century

Personal responsibility (sadly) went the way of rod brakes, Brycreem and disco clubs...

Berries
23rd July 2011, 08:20
Well that certainly kicked the thread back in to life. In the end it doesn't matter how good a rider you are, how observant you are or how honed your spidey senses are, there are things out there that can get you. Unsigned roadworks can be one, and you'd definitely want to go after the contractor on that. A mate of mine nearly died after hitting a black bull that was hiding in a dip on SH1 at night. If he had been doing 30km/h he may have seen it, but when your lights are pointing in to the sky what chance is there? Couple of nights a go there was a pallet in the middle of the main road out of Dunedin. Nowhere for a car to go except over it sending splinters and nails airborne in to the vehicles behind. A crash causing a line of stationary cars hidden around a 55km/h bend that you know you can take at 110. They're all out there, and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.

Yeah, you could take the 55km/h corner at such a speed that you can stop in the length of lane that is visible, but who honestly travels like that ?

scumdog
23rd July 2011, 08:24
Yeah, you could take the 55km/h corner at such a speed that you can stop in the length of lane that is visible, but who honestly travels like that ?

Hopefully when this turns pear-shaped it's listed correctly as 'rider error'.

FJRider
23rd July 2011, 09:16
Hopefully when this turns pear-shaped it's listed correctly as 'rider error'.

OR ... Motorcycle accident - no other vehicle involved ... :facepalm: