PDA

View Full Version : Bad language and respect - mutually exclusive?

Colapop
14th July 2011, 12:08
Interesting to me, that in the time that I haven't spent on here of late, the language of the place seems to have deteriorated. Is it a general lack of respect for another person's opinion or just a lack of ability to formulate an intelligent response? I generally try and at least * letters within 'swear' words but even that is probably the same thing. Intelligent well reasoned argument, comments made in jest and sarcasm really aren't well received (or understood) by many round here these days it seems.

JimO
14th July 2011, 12:09
fucked if i know

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2011, 12:11
Fuck no.........

\m/
14th July 2011, 12:13
who FUCKing cares?

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2011, 12:15
yeah, fuck all of that shit.

bogan
14th July 2011, 12:16
Up to the reader init :yes:

Easiest way is to interpret everything as an intelligent response if possible, if it isn't take the piss where possible. If neither of those things are possible, time to log the fuck off :innocent:

Banditbandit
14th July 2011, 12:16
It has been said that an infinite number of monkeys, each with a typewriter, given an infinite amount of time, will eventually write the script for Hamlet ...

The internet proves this is false.

Colapop
14th July 2011, 12:17
That's just it isn't it? It's part of everyday language and accepted.
You see two guys cursing at each other in the street and before too long there's a punch thrown. Is it the anonymity of your keyboards that make it easier to posture without the need formulate anything intelligent?

gijoe1313
14th July 2011, 12:23
Cry me a river! Actually, if those who never met you was effing this and farking that ... I would laugh if they could ever say it to your face! :rofl:

But, yes, degeneration of manners is something that seems ever more prevalent int today's society(?) I for one, only ever use the harshest of swear words when I am really really rarked up (so it is usually a clear indicator to those who know me that I am really POed!)

Now get in the kitchen and cook some eggs!

Stirts
14th July 2011, 12:26
The language of deterioration has the ability to formulate an intelligent response!!

"Fuck fucking fucked fucker fucking fuckups fuck fucking fucked fucking fuckup fucking fucker's fuck."

The fucking sentence is un-fucking-punctuated and uses eleven different readings of the word "fuck."

See here for full details...
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fuck_fucking_fucked_fucker_fucking_fuckups_fuck_fu cking_fucked_fucking_fuckup_fucking_fucker's_fuck

Colapop
14th July 2011, 12:27
@ gijoe1313! I never hurt no-one I liked! :innocent:

In you line of work, you'd notice more and more a link between unruly behaviour and bad language?

rickstv
14th July 2011, 12:32
I was once told that people who swear a lot have poor vocabularies.

I think it was a school teacher, I think he was right.
Rick.

Virago
14th July 2011, 12:32
Interesting to me, that in the time that I haven't spent on here of late, the language of the place seems to have deteriorated. Is it a general lack of respect for another person's opinion or just a lack of ability to formulate an intelligent response? I generally try and at least * letters within 'swear' words but even that is probably the same thing. Intelligent well reasoned argument, comments made in jest and sarcasm really aren't well received (or understood) by many round here these days it seems.

Sir, I call your bluff:

...What the fuck is with these cunts that think they're making 'progress' by trying to forward their claims of Maori sovereignty? They want to fly their flag from the Auckland harbour bridge on Waitangi day. Who the fuck do they think they are? Why do we need a separate set of rules for one ethnic group in this country? Don't try and tell me "Because the Maori are the native people of this land" BULLSHIT. They are migrants here like everybody else. If you want to argue semantics, the Mori Ori should have their flag flown. Where are the Mori Ori? Oh that's right when the Maori came here they waged a war against the Mori Ori and virtually wiped them out. Ate them didn't they? But that's different to the European 'invasion' because the European didn't commit genocide (arguable point - maybe they tried?)
The point is that we have in NZ a country that is made up of a number of different peoples from different cultures the world over. The country (infrastructure, society, culture) was built from the blood, sweat, & tears of these people. We have a very proud history that encompassess a wide range of cultures and yet we give great respect to the Maori culture - the Haka, Maori place names, and funding for Maori cultural/education programmes. It's not about bagging Maori people they have a right to their cultural history, but so does everyone else in this country. Fuck the devisive shit stirring cunts and their attempts to make the rest of us treat them with kid gloves...

Now fuck off. :innocent:

Banditbandit
14th July 2011, 12:38
Cry me a river! Actually, if those who never met you was effing this and farking that ... I would laugh if they could ever say it to your face! :rofl:

But, yes, degeneration of manners is something that seems ever more prevalent int today's society(?) I for one, only ever use the harshest of swear words when I am really really rarked up (so it is usually a clear indicator to those who know me that I am really POed!)

Now get in the kitchen and cook some eggs!

Naaa .. fuck off. My every day spoken language is very close to what I write here ...

Rick.

Fuck off !!! My academic language is never like this ...

Indiana_Jones
14th July 2011, 12:39
Hey Col, long time no see.

How's the RF going? :)

I mean, how's the fucking RF going!

-Indy

Katman
14th July 2011, 12:40
In you line of work, you'd notice more and more a link between unruly behaviour and bad language?

At least I fucking proof read mine.

Crasherfromwayback
14th July 2011, 12:50
Some people simply aren't worthy an any other response.

Colapop
14th July 2011, 12:59
I did say 'generally' but as is usually the case the inability to read the original post of any thread is lost on some people. At no stage have I stated that I am above reproach - merely asking the question of respect.
And Kattyman, I have not said I am holier than thou nor is this a proof reading or grammatical discussion. I refer you to the first line of my response...

gijoe1313
14th July 2011, 13:03
'tis funny how my students always start the year with foul mouths, as time goes on, I use the broken record technique "watch your language please" to every profane outburst. Eventually their usage of it (around me) reduces until they rarely swear (around me).

I always compliment them on the days when they do not swear or cuss around me.

Once in every while, I let burst a torrent of filthy words that would make a sailor blush. The looks on the student's faces when they hear it ... :rofl: Then, I say "well now you know how I and most people feel whenever you swear or cuss".

Works well for me!

nodrog
14th July 2011, 13:08
What are you fuckin whinging about cuntlips?

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2011, 13:10

Rick.

I know a Doctor of Philosophy who is the most intelligent person I know. Like huge pointy head to contain a massive brain, and I've tried to read some of his technical writing and i just can't. He swears like a trooper because its one way of making sure his meaning is understood. Plus the pithy Anglo Saxon phrases have a certain ring to them.

So I follow his lead. Time and place though, eh? I mean you dont talk to your Grandma the way you talk to your mates, you dont talk to your mates like you talk to your girlfriend, you dont talk to your girlfriend the way you talk to her girlfriends ("Hey baby, how bout that threesome?")..... know what I'm saying??

Katman
14th July 2011, 13:12
And Kattyman, I have not said I am holier than thou nor is this a proof reading or grammatical discussion. I refer you to the first line of my response...

Who broke your funny bone?

James Deuce
14th July 2011, 13:27
Fuck off Col, you big knob.

Edbear
14th July 2011, 13:30
We could start a challenge to see if everyone can communicate without using expletives. How many could post using English words and grammar that can convey their message clearly without resorting to foul language?

The trouble these days is that so many have little understanding or knowledge of English at all and don't even know basic words and their meanings. These are grown ups in their late teens and twenties.

Why not make a point of looking up words and their meanings and post using your new-found knowledge? It is hard to engender respect with written and verbal language that betrays ignorance of basic grammar. People won't take you seriously or want to employ you.

If you think about it, respect is earned and everyone has similar standards for granting others respect, from the bank manager to the homeless street person. When you're in the pub, or at a party, drinking, swearing, and being lewd, you're neither earning respect nor granting it. It is merely a showy bravado and facade while you convince yourself you're having the time of your life.

Think about who you really respect and why. I doubt it is anything to do with language, but rather on you knowing the person personally. I tend to ignore the bad language on here and put people in boxes depending on how they come across with their attitude. One thing that comes across clearly, not only on KB but in life, is that people tend to jump to the wrong conclusions too easily and are generally defensive, feeling they are being attacked personally when such is not the case.

Humour can alleviate a lot of angst. People need to laugh more, genuine laughter.

Katman
14th July 2011, 13:32
We could start a challenge to see if everyone can communicate without using expletives. How many could post using English words and grammar that can convey their message clearly without resorting to foul language?

The trouble these days is that so many have little understanding or knowledge of English at all and don't even know basic words and their meanings. These are grown ups in their late teens and twenties.

Why not make a point of looking up words and their meanings and post using your new-found knowledge? It is hard to engender respect with written and verbal language that betrays ignorance of basic grammar. People won't take you seriously or want to employ you.

If you think about it, respect is earned and everyone has similar standards for granting others respect, from the bank manager to the homeless street person. When you're in the pub, or at a party, drinking, swearing, and being lewd, you're neither earning respect nor granting it. It is merely a showy bravado and facade while you convince yourself you're having the time of your life.

Think about who you really respect and why. I doubt it is anything to do with language, but rather on you knowing the person personally. I tend to ignore the bad language on here and put people in boxes depending on how they come across with their attitude. One thing that comes across clearly, not only on KB but in life, is that people tend to jump to the wrong conclusions too easily and are generally defensive, feeling they are being attacked personally when such is not the case.

Humour can alleviate a lot of angst. People need to laugh more, genuine laughter.

:blink:

:scratch:

:sleep:

nodrog
14th July 2011, 13:36
Why not make a point of looking up words and their meanings and post using your new-found knowledge?

Docking.

The delicious act of two men rubbing the heads of their dicks together, with one of the men's foreskin being stretched over the head of his partner's dick. Add a little leakage (precum) from one (or both of their dicks), mutual excitement, rubbing, grinding, heavy breathing and the result is a mind-blowing orgasm for both men.

Alone in their personal sauna at home, Josh and Wayne glued their dicks together with a little skin and spooge and made love to each other's cock all night long...ahhh the joys of docking.

Katman
14th July 2011, 13:38
Docking.

The delicious act of two men rubbing the heads of their dicks together, with one of the men's foreskin being stretched over the head of his partner's dick. Add a little leakage (precum) from one (or both of their dicks), mutual excitement, rubbing, grinding, heavy breathing and the result is a mind-blowing orgasm for both men.

Alone in their personal sauna at home, Josh and Wayne glued their dicks together with a little skin and spooge and made love to each other's cock all night long...ahhh the joys of docking.

POTY.

:killingme

Edbear
14th July 2011, 13:38
Docking.

Left myself wide open didn't I...? :facepalm:

Crasherfromwayback
14th July 2011, 13:57
Docking.

Space docking. Crapping in a plastic bag and placing it in the freezer. Removing said turd from the freezer once fully frozen, and ramming it up ya 'mates' fucking arsehole.

There. Not once did I use the word cunt.

Spearfish
14th July 2011, 13:59
Space docking. Crapping in a plastic bag and placing it in the freezer. Removing said turd from the freezer once fully frozen, and ramming it up ya 'mates' fucking arsehole.

There. Not once did I use the word cunt.

You just made that up

Katman
14th July 2011, 14:03
You just made that up

You'd hope so - otherwise I'd be concerned about how he found out about it.

Crasherfromwayback
14th July 2011, 14:03
You just made that up

Whilst it may seem that way, I'm merely relaying a story a sick and twisted female friend of mine reported to me a while back.

Crasherfromwayback
14th July 2011, 14:04
I hope he did - otherwise I'd be concerned about where he found out about it.

Never fear...I'm more of a front bum man!

Spearfish
14th July 2011, 14:10

.......more of a.......

?

suggests a fork in the road.....

ducatilover
14th July 2011, 14:13
I like how this has turned in to a thread about man love and fecal insertion. Quite amusing.
As for the vocabulary, I am reasonably eloquent, grandiloquent and downright bombastic at times. I also am a fan of pleonasm, goodness knows why. Cussing is great though, I love cuss words, they're more fun. Time and place in the real world, but, this, you cunts, is the interwebs and I'll say what ever the fuck I like.
Thank you, give me your keys.

ducatilover
14th July 2011, 14:14

Axe wound wins every time.

Winston001
14th July 2011, 14:21
I know a Doctor of Philosophy who is the most intelligent person I know. Like huge pointy head to contain a massive brain, and I've tried to read some of his technical writing and i just can't. He swears like a trooper because its one way of making sure his meaning is understood. Plus the pithy Anglo Saxon phrases have a certain ring to them.

So I follow his lead. Time and place though, eh? I mean you dont talk to your Grandma the way you talk to your mates, you dont talk to your mates like you talk to your girlfriend, you dont talk to your girlfriend the way you talk to her girlfriends ("Hey baby, how bout that threesome?")..... know what I'm saying??

Yep. Horses for courses. Most of us adapt our language and behaviour to the situation.

Personally I don't swear on the net or abuse people, but that's just me. Don't mind if others use expletives and scatological language, in fact it can be quite funny.

My pet hate is nasty abuse of others.

We need...dunno...an Inquisition?

007XX
14th July 2011, 14:26
We need...dunno...an Inquisition?

As you wish Sire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY

Colapop
14th July 2011, 14:29
I would assert that the interweeb has more than a passing influence on the real world and that which passes for acceptable communication online translates into a manner by which people relate to one another offline. The decline in societal standards cannot be based solely on the internet. The language that people use to communicate is not really even the issue I don't think. It is the lack of respect for other's views. I taught my kids not to swear growing up but they still do - they don't use the same prescribed words but the intent is the same. My contention is the expression of disagreement and the apparent lack of ability that people have become used to being allowed to use. Any monkey can fling their poo at someone - it takes intelligence to refute an assertion.

007XX
14th July 2011, 14:33
Words fascinate me... I like how they taste when I roll them off my tongue.

But I, much like Master Gijoe, do not generally swear at people. However, if I do, I'd advise taking any sharp objects away from me. And I never say the "C" word... I'm old fashioned, I think a woman should never say words like that. It's bad enough when you boys throw it around like chocolate sprinkles on a cupcake :facepalm:

Placating someone with true sarcasm is a lot more appealing, however, doing it with a simpleton just bores me senseless...So then, I *might* use the odd swear word: got to speak a language the lower specie understands.

Crasherfromwayback
14th July 2011, 14:50
Axe wound wins every time.

Self lubing even.

ducatilover
14th July 2011, 14:52
Self lubing even.

So much less effort :woohoo:

george formby
14th July 2011, 15:03

But I, much like Master Gijoe, do not generally swear at people. However, if I do, I'd advise taking any sharp objects away from me. And I never say the "C" word... I'm old fashioned, I think a woman should never say words like that. It's bad enough when you boys throw it around like chocolate sprinkles on a cupcake :facepalm:

Placating someone with true sarcasm is a lot more appealing, however, doing it with a simpleton just bores me senseless...So then, I *might* use the odd swear word: got to speak a language the lower specie understands.

Therein lies the rub. Most lower specie(sic) language comes from the rank & file, those who built empires from the bottom up. Saxon workers not lords, low Dutch sailors who slaved on trading ship decks, Roman cloth & tool makers etc. So yeah, you have a point and even now, how we use language is an indication of education, or lack. The workers at the coal face have always sworn but are only judged by those who are forbidden too by religion or privilege. Or their mothers.

Fascinating thing language, it's history & foibles.:yes:

Banditbandit
14th July 2011, 15:08
Docking.

NOOOoooooo .. I did not need to know that !!!!!

george formby
14th July 2011, 15:17
NOOOoooooo .. I did not need to know that !!!!!

Pissed in my Porridge too.

Spearfish
14th July 2011, 15:18
I like how this has turned in to a thread about man love and fecal insertion. Quite amusing.
As for the vocabulary, I am reasonably eloquent, grandiloquent and downright bombastic at times. I also am a fan of pleonasm, goodness knows why. Cussing is great though, I love cuss words, they're more fun. Time and place in the real world, but, this, you cunts, is the interwebs and I'll say what ever the fuck I like.
Thank you, give me your keys.

Your as bad as Big Dave at least his work has pictures to rest on.

Edbear
14th July 2011, 15:23

I like your sig!

Number One
14th July 2011, 15:37

Fuck off ya big pussy

James Deuce
14th July 2011, 15:38
I would assert that the interweeb has more than a passing influence on the real world and that which passes for acceptable communication online translates into a manner by which people relate to one another offline. The decline in societal standards cannot be based solely on the internet. The language that people use to communicate is not really even the issue I don't think. It is the lack of respect for other's views. I taught my kids not to swear growing up but they still do - they don't use the same prescribed words but the intent is the same. My contention is the expression of disagreement and the apparent lack of ability that people have become used to being allowed to use. Any monkey can fling their poo at someone - it takes intelligence to refute an assertion.

You're still a knob.

Usarka
14th July 2011, 15:39
If ever there was a thread that needed tags, this is it.

Arse Biscuit.

george formby
14th July 2011, 15:56
If ever there was a thread that needed tags, this is it.

Arse Biscuit.

Logarhythm, the motion of shaking a persistent turd until it detaches.

Spearfish
14th July 2011, 16:05

Its not that bad...
The "mikeygate" thread (the guy with home made plates) was an example, it started with public opinion and his affect on it then flowed on to right and wrong, visited being staunch and standing up for something, then his friends defended him, a race was challenged, alliances were made then the joking around returned ( it never really left) then the tread petered out.
In that instance I was given helpful advice from Banditbandit not to muck around with the spelling of profanity and by doing so I had unwittingly suggested I had an anatomical abnormality.

Pussy
14th July 2011, 16:10
Fuck off ya big pussy

Excuse me??

And Col..... get fucked.

You're welcome.

riffer
14th July 2011, 16:14
Simplified language sometimes works though:

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo." is a grammatically valid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammaticality) sentence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_%28linguistics%29) in the English language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language), used as an example of how homonyms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homonym) and homophones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone) can be used to create complicated linguistic constructs. It has been discussed in literature since 1972 when the sentence was used by William J. Rapaport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Rapaport), an associate professor at the University at Buffalo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_at_Buffalo,_The_State_University_of_New _York).<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Bu ffalo_buffalo#cite_note-0)</sup> It was posted to Linguist List (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguist_List) by Rapaport in 1992.<sup id="cite_ref-Linguistlist_1-0" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Bu ffalo_buffalo#cite_note-Linguistlist-1)</sup> It was also featured in Steven Pinker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Pinker)'s 1994 book The Language Instinct (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Language_Instinct).<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Bu ffalo_buffalo#cite_note-2)

</sup>The sentence can be clarified by substituting the synonym "bison" for the animal "buffalo", "bully" for the verb "buffalo", and "New York" to refer to the state of the city Buffalo:
<dl><dd>"New York bison New York bison bully bully New York bison", or:</dd><dd>"New York bison whom other New York bison bully, themselves bully New York bison".</dd></dl> Removing the classifier noun "Buffalo" (the city) further clarifies the sentence (note that the initial capital is retained as the common noun "buffalo" now starts the sentence):
<dl><dd>"Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo."</dd><dd>"Bison [that other] bison bully [also] bully bison."</dd></dl>

george formby
14th July 2011, 16:19
Ooh, I feel all full & edified now. Thankyou.

Banditbandit
14th July 2011, 16:20
Ooh, I feel all full & edified now. Thankyou.

Fucking A ...

ducatilover
14th July 2011, 16:39

Something to aspire to :yes:

ducatilover
14th July 2011, 16:40

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo." is a grammatically valid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammaticality) sentence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_%28linguistics%29) in the English language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language), used as an example of how homonyms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homonym) and homophones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone) can be used to create complicated linguistic constructs. It has been discussed in literature since 1972 when the sentence was used by William J. Rapaport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Rapaport), an associate professor at the University at Buffalo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_at_Buffalo,_The_State_University_of_New _York).<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Bu ffalo_buffalo#cite_note-0)</sup> It was posted to Linguist List (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguist_List) by Rapaport in 1992.<sup id="cite_ref-Linguistlist_1-0" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Bu ffalo_buffalo#cite_note-Linguistlist-1)</sup> It was also featured in Steven Pinker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Pinker)'s 1994 book The Language Instinct (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Language_Instinct).<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Bu ffalo_buffalo#cite_note-2)

</sup>The sentence can be clarified by substituting the synonym "bison" for the animal "buffalo", "bully" for the verb "buffalo", and "New York" to refer to the state of the city Buffalo:
<dl><dd>"New York bison New York bison bully bully New York bison", or:</dd><dd>"New York bison whom other New York bison bully, themselves bully New York bison".</dd></dl> Removing the classifier noun "Buffalo" (the city) further clarifies the sentence (note that the initial capital is retained as the common noun "buffalo" now starts the sentence):
<dl><dd>"Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo."</dd><dd>"Bison [that other] bison bully [also] bully bison."</dd></dl>

What homophones? I don't see any....They're not there.

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2011, 16:43
Docking.

Shit oh dear. There are some things that you just wish you could un-read, you know?

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2011, 16:46

hey, there's cupcakes?

Usarka
14th July 2011, 16:48

I always thought that was the Alaskan Pipeline.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alaskan%20pipeline

Crasherfromwayback
14th July 2011, 16:56
I always thought that was the Alaskan Pipeline.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alaskan%20pipeline

Yikes! I'm not even going to open that link...

Big Dave
14th July 2011, 17:00
Buffalo!

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck - means I dropped it and it rolled under the bike.

Big Dave
14th July 2011, 17:01
I always thought that was the Arse Biscuot.

There ya go.

007XX
14th July 2011, 17:18
Or their mothers.

Hmmm...As the daughter of a working class, 5" nothing redhead with a worst temper on her than that of a rabid jackal female on heat, I can assure you that my education in swearing has been somewhat colourful :gob:

So yes, I can swear... But I make the choice not to, maybe motivated by a subconscious wish to "fit into" a station above my own.

But eh, what can I say? Apparently, the first of our ancestor to leave France did so with shackles on both ankles and wrists as a deported bad arse for stealing an apple :bye:

hey, there's cupcakes?

With "special" sprinkles for you :devil2:

Yikes! I'm not even going to open that link...

Chicken shit :bleh:

scumdog
14th July 2011, 17:26

Sorta like 'How much wood would a wood-chuck chuck if a wood-chuck would chuck wood eh??:blink:

ducatilover
14th July 2011, 18:11
hey, there's cupcakes?

There are :yes: Not, there is.
Do I get a cup cake for my greatness?

Winston001
14th July 2011, 19:24

I think it is the other way around - people use profanity routinely in conversation. However the unspoken rule of courtesy was that you didn't write it. That has changed. The internet is anonymous so keyboard warriors abound.

The problem with profanity is it conveys strength of feeling, not information. Unfortunately some people's vocabularly is so limited they really do not have the words to explain what they think. Cuss words become the default.

Berries
14th July 2011, 19:28
There are :yes: Not, there is.
Do I get a cup cake for my greatness?
Unfortunately not. It is cupcake. Or, out of respect for the intent of the original post, a fucking cupcake. With fucking sprinkles.

The problem with profanity is it conveys strength of feeling, not information. Unfortunately some people's vocabularly is so limited they really do not have the words to explain what they think. Cuss words become the default.
Fucking oath.

jaffaonajappa
14th July 2011, 19:36
you dont talk to your girlfriend the way you talk to her girlfriends ("Hey baby, how bout that threesome?")..... know what I'm saying??

Ya havent lived until ....well....untill you have tried stuffs . Dont be shy.

Winston001
14th July 2011, 19:37
Ah fuck it you losers. Why do we bother! There are over 250,000 words in the English language, the richest most descriptive language ever evolved by human beings. And the average person uses.....15,000. At best.

interruption
I see. Well, of course, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist. You excrement! You whining hypocritical toadies with your plasma TV sets and your Bob Charles golf clubs and your bleeding BRONZ secret handshakes. (screams) You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards! Well I wouldn't become a biker if you went down on your lousy stinking purulent knees and begged me.

jazfender
14th July 2011, 19:38
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s_osQvkeNRM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jaffaonajappa
14th July 2011, 19:58
Hmmm...As the daughter of a working class, 5" nothing redhead with a worst temper on her than that of a rabid jackal female on heat, I can assure you that my education in swearing has been somewhat colourful :gob:

So yes, I can swear... But I make the choice not to, maybe motivated by a subconscious wish to "fit into" a station above my own.

But eh, what can I say? Apparently, the first of our ancestor to leave France did so with shackles on both ankles and wrists as a deported bad arse for stealing an apple :bye:
Hmmm. 5ft redhead, rabid, jackal....sounds like my daughter. But shes still in her Teens...scary.,

You cant fit in a station? Fuck me. Jenny Craig time love, and you need to update that avatar.

But relatives in shackles - you cant be all bad after all :)

Hitcher
14th July 2011, 20:22
I don't mind the use of expletives. They are words, just like any other words and can provide colour, impact and emotion to language, whether spoken or written.

What really fucks me off, are people who censor their expletive usage, in case they offend somebody. F*cken c*nts. Anybody with half a brain, including the people who use such techniques, knows what the words are and what is meant by their usage. So why not spell them out in full? Gender-neutral soft cock morons will be the death of me. I really fucking believe that.

Stirts
14th July 2011, 20:22
Unfortunately some people's vocabularly is so limited they really do not have the words to explain what they think.

Well I think this is fucking with cake ...... but then others may see it as cake fucking :mellow:

http://blog.allwam.net/i/2008/02/01cake.jpg

Fuck me. Jenny Craig time love, and you need to update that avatar.

:facepalm:

Maha
14th July 2011, 20:28
That's just it isn't it? It's part of everyday language and accepted.
You see two guys cursing at each other in the street and before too long there's a punch thrown. Is it the anonymity of your keyboards that make it easier to posture without the need formulate anything intelligent?

In a word YES!

At times this place can be just like a public bar of old and the very day its more like the Wiggels dressing room.

007XX
14th July 2011, 20:30
Hmmm. 5ft redhead, rabid, jackal....sounds like my daughter. But shes still in her Teens...scary.,

You cant fit in a station? Fuck me. Jenny Craig time love, and you need to update that avatar.

But relatives in shackles - you cant be all bad after all :)

In order...

Good luck with the offspring, wouldn't want to be you.

No thanks... And you can kiss my avatar :bleh:

And you're right, i'm not all bad, I'm pretty fucking good!

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2011, 20:34
Well I think this is fucking with cake ...... but then others may see it as cake fucking :mellow:

:facepalm:

now I am old, I look at that and think "Bitchez wasting good ingredients! you could make a nice pound* cake or madeira cake or chocolate or coffee or banana cake, hope their skanky tittays don't spoil the cream"

*heh, "pound" cake

Number One
14th July 2011, 20:35
Sorta like 'How much wood would a wood-chuck chuck if a wood-chuck would chuck wood eh??:blink:

Yup it's JUST LIKE that :lol:

Spearfish
14th July 2011, 20:51
I don't mind the use of expletives. They are words, just like any other words and can provide colour, impact and emotion to language, whether spoken or written.

What really fucks me off, are people who censor their expletive usage, in case they offend somebody. F*cken c*nts. Anybody with half a brain, including the people who use such techniques, knows what the words are and what is meant by their usage. So why not spell them out in full? Gender-neutral soft cock morons will be the death of me. I really fucking believe that.

Fair enough, so from now on its either spelt out or not used but don't play hangman with it.

Usarka
14th July 2011, 20:51
Fair enough, so from now on its either spelt out or not used but don't play hangman with it.

***** *** you ***** ********.

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2011, 20:54
some people would be, like, totally offended by the tittays on page 6.

Spearfish
14th July 2011, 20:57
***** *** you ***** ********.

on some web sites little stars are a dodgy sign of affection....

Woodman
14th July 2011, 21:08
Fuck me I swear fuck site less on this cunt of a thing than I fucken do on a normal fucken day.

EDIT: Writing the above statement made me realise that there are only two swear words left. Fuck and Cunt. What happened to the others???

SPman
14th July 2011, 21:12
As "The Dover" used to say..."I don't say anything on this site, that I wouldn't say to my mates in the pub"

...and look where that got him..........

Bikemad
14th July 2011, 21:15
Left myself wide open didn't I...? :facepalm:

considering the way this threads goin...........you might want to rephrase that last statement

riffer
14th July 2011, 21:56
As "The Dover" used to say..."I don't say anything on this site, that I wouldn't say to my mates in the pub"

...and look where that got him..........

Smacked over outside the local pub, after being kicked off KB? :blink: