PDA

View Full Version : New(ish) Christchurch biker (ratchet11243‎)

ratchet11243
17th July 2011, 00:01
Gudday,

I'm 19, on a '92 Yamaha xv250 and counting down the days till I can get a real bike XD

Keen to know anything and everything about customising :devil2:

JMemonic
17th July 2011, 00:30
Gudday,

I'm 19, on a '92 Yamaha xv250 and counting down the days till I can get a real bike XD

Keen to know anything and everything about customising :devil2:

Nothing wrong with the Virago, the wife took her Dragstar 250 right around the South Island with no issues, hence why they are still making them.

Btw welcome.

ratchet11243
17th July 2011, 12:18
Cheers.

That's a good point, it made it down to Brass Monkey and back without too much trouble ^_^ Though it does notice the wind a lot out on the highway... And big trucks keep you paying attention when they go past! XD

FJRider
17th July 2011, 12:36
Cheers.

That's a good point, it made it down to Brass Monkey and back without too much trouble ^_^ Though it does notice the wind a lot out on the highway... And big trucks keep you paying attention when they go past! XD

Keep paying attention ... even on a bigger bike....

Your XV is a real bike ... and you really can get hurt on it ... just like on a bigger bike....

What type of "custom" do you like ...

ratchet11243
17th July 2011, 15:52
Anything really; I prefer to see what people have customised themselves or scratch built things but the pro-shops make some cool stuff too. I'm mainly into the look of the thing but getting the best out of your engine isn't a bad idea in my book - especially if you can do it yourself!

I'm thinking about customising my bike (a couple of drops and the front fender tearing off at speed the other night being the main motivation) not sure if I should bobber it or try and return it to stock standard seeing as i'll be trying to move it on in the nearish future. Also thinking of getting a new rear sprocket for top speed, i know the acceleration will go down but its a cruiser and I go far enough on the highway to be worried about stressing out the engine :P