PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

wkid_one
13th December 2003, 12:48
Here is a suggestion based on the recent and ongoing 'whinging' threads that have increased....

1. We set up a new forum for 'Bikers against Beaurcracy'

2. We limit all negative talk to this forum and its threads.

3. On all the other threads we assume 'no comment' on the following
- roading issues
- enforcement of speeding etc
- ACC
- general biking costs.

4. Kiwibiker actually be used for good and we determine if we can create an ELECTRONIC PETITION to actually form a voice against these issues - rather than just whinge about them

It seems that EVERY post these days is turned in to an argument/discussion/debate about these same repetitive issues.

Then we can actually leave the board open to discuss more interesting, fun and constructive things like customising, stunting, racing, idolising those race gods, riding, arranging events and those that wish to whinge can have a forum all to themselves to whinge away to their hearts content without comandeering the other forums.

Hitcher
13th December 2003, 15:13
Bloody excellent idea. I need a stable for all of my hobby horses!
:buggerd:

wkid_one
13th December 2003, 15:20
Bloody excellent idea. I need a stable for all of my hobby horses!
:buggerd:

PMPL - I like your style

Hitcher
13th December 2003, 15:23
PMPL - I like your style
PMPL?? Que?
:confused:

wkid_one
13th December 2003, 15:24
Piss My Pants Laffin

James Deuce
13th December 2003, 15:59
Right - so if we don't play by YOUR rules we can sod off?

Jackrat
13th December 2003, 16:08
yes but Wkid,would that stop you from posting irelivent one liners.
Your the worst of the bloody lot of us.

bluninja
13th December 2003, 17:12
Here is a suggestion based on the recent and ongoing 'whinging' threads that have increased....

- roading issues
- ACC
- general biking costs.

4. Kiwibiker actually be used for good and we determine if we can create an ELECTRONIC PETITION to actually form a voice against these issues - rather than just whinge about them

It seems that EVERY post these days is turned in to an argument/discussion/debate about these same repetitive issues.

Then we can actually leave the board open to discuss more interesting, fun and constructive things like customising, stunting, racing, idolising those race gods, riding, arranging events and those that wish to whinge can have a forum all to themselves to whinge away to their hearts content without comandeering the other forums.

Sounds to me like a fascist subversive plot to me. The 'rules' set by WKID. No thankyou. I'm happy with people to choose how they express themselves, and what they express opinions about. After the whingeing threads are moved ..what next? Perhaps there should be a forum for 'Bikers with no formal mechanical/engineering training giving technical advice' or how about 'Bikers that aren't qualified instructors giving dodgy advice about riding techniques'? Perhaps we should just replace the site with FAQs covering all aspects of motorcycling, a motorbike news channel, and a calendar.

Who gets to decide what's a whinge? do they remove it, edit it, or just move it? All animals are equal :confused2

TTFN

bondagebunny
13th December 2003, 17:41
Sounds to me like a fascist subversive plot to me. The 'rules' set by WKID. No thankyou. I'm happy with people to choose how they express themselves, and what they express opinions about. After the whingeing threads are moved ..what next? Perhaps there should be a forum for 'Bikers with no formal mechanical/engineering training giving technical advice' or how about 'Bikers that aren't qualified instructors giving dodgy advice about riding techniques'? Perhaps we should just replace the site with FAQs covering all aspects of motorcycling, a motorbike news channel, and a calendar.

Who gets to decide what's a whinge? do they remove it, edit it, or just move it? All animals are equal :confused2

TTFN

Can I ask why does wicked have an advertisment for his signature
Im new here but that seems from looking around he comments on everything so that his ad is on every thread - over and over again. And it takes to long to down load.

PZR
13th December 2003, 19:24
=wkid_one]Here is a suggestion based on the recent and ongoing 'whinging' threads that have increased....

Etc etc etc blah blah blah......

NO THANKS

Jackrat
13th December 2003, 19:44
Can I ask why does wicked have an advertisment for his signature
Im new here but that seems from looking around he comments on everything so that his ad is on every thread - over and over again. And it takes to long to down load.

Because he is a constant never ending big note,Always doing his best to keep his post average up even tho, most of the time he has nothing to say other than yet another pointless one liner.
Most of his current bitch is probably a result of no one believing a word of his claims about his ex, bike. :beer:

merv
14th December 2003, 18:54
Because he is a constant never ending big note,Always doing his best to keep his post average up even tho, most of the time he has nothing to say other than yet another pointless one liner.
Most of his current bitch is probably a result of no one believing a word of his claims about his ex, bike. :beer:

Yep for a guy who said he only rode for 2 years but rode 11/10, binned it and so was giving the game away to go jetskiing he sounds like a flash in the pan to me. (Or is that a Flash Harry in the pan?) Except he doesn't seem to have gone jetskiing and he is still here keeping us company. I haven't heard one word about how big and fast his jetski is and how much splash it makes and whether the chicks on the beach are impressed.

Coldkiwi
15th December 2003, 11:21

- roading issues
- ACC
- general biking costs.

You ARE kidding aren't you wkid!? what the hell else are we going to talk about thats half as interesting??

a certain amount of whinging is necessary to wake people up. If no one whinged about the state of the roads, we'd have a lot more of unresolved black spots, heavier traffic jams and lord knows how many other problems. Yes, too much can be a drag, but thats when you can log off and go for a ride!!

jrandom
15th December 2003, 12:18
[I]thats when you can log off and go for a ride!!

er... maybe that's the problem eh? Not enough wind in the hair :p

(figuratively speaking of course, given that a full-face helmet stops the wind from getting in your hair, unless you have particularly *long* hair)

Bring on the whinging I reckon. It'd be boring *without* it... I mean, what else are we going to post about?

"Today I rode my motorcycle. It was fun. What colour is your motorcycle? Mine is yellow but I secretly wish it was black."

Doesn't really stir the spirit the way a good anti-establishment rant does.

wkid_one
15th December 2003, 12:54
Just to set the record straight

1. I am not saying don't talk about it
2. We should start threads DEDICATED to this
3. We should not turn every other thread in to a political one.

Actually READ my first post and no where have I said don't talk about it.

I have suggested we START a forum(s) for this exact discussion - fuck I have equally participated in it. My 'suggestion' (note the word SUGGESTION) was to merely consolidate all this political whinging to a forum rather than have the same rantings across 10 different threads.

Before actually bagging it - READ the post. If only you were as quick to read as bag.

Isn't it more appropriate to develop a continuous thread for this - than repeat the same things in a multitude of different ones. It might then come to some useful conclusion.

As for the jetski - there is a little matter of repairing and selling the bike first? The money tree I planted hasn't grown yet.

As for quitting riding - I have nothing to prove/justify to anyone but myself as I met my goals on the road.

bluninja
15th December 2003, 13:29
[U]

Lou is the ONLY biker here I see actually doing something about the problems/issues......

Read your suggestion. It's pants. Re-read it; it's still pants.

And your last comment says more about your ignorance than anything. Perhaps you should wade back through the posts and look for some sterling, positive contributions from quite a few Kiwibikers who actually took action to move things along.

TTFN

modalx
15th December 2003, 13:34
I see where you are coming from WKID - the trouble is I don't think anyone really wants to fix this stuff.

Struggling against the common enemy strengthens our bonds to the clan. Marginalised and persecuted we stick together on the fringes of society and fight back the only way we can - by bitching in this forum.

Long may it remain so.

Jackrat
15th December 2003, 14:55
Sorry dude,nothing ever comes to a conclusion when more that two people are involved.We now have a political rave forem,but it will still drift to other threads,It,s just the way we are. :calm:

Lou Girardin
18th December 2003, 11:28
Moaning in this forum is a fair outlet for these issues, but more has to be done.
Why do you all think that Paul Swain had to back down?
It was because of constant pressure against his proposals in various media by the public and organisations affected by them.
If you can post in here, you can also send an email to the Herald, politicians, etc.
Pollies don't want to lose votes - bottom line!