PDA

View Full Version : WOF test on two-stroke - West Auckland?

Mully
22nd July 2011, 18:14
Hi all,

I need to get a WOF on an RS125 (probably this weekend).

As most are aware, it's a 2 stroke and smokes a bit.

Is this going to be an issue for getting a WOF?

Failing that, any 2 stroke friendly WOF testers in West Auckland?

Latte
22nd July 2011, 18:26
The "official line" is that it's not excessively smokey compared to when new. So smokers get a bit of a reprieve.

I've always taken the NSR to the WOF station "the long way" to make sure it's well cleaned out by the time it gets there :innocent:

Mully
22nd July 2011, 18:28
The "official line" is that it's not excessively smokey compared to when new. So smokers get a bit of a reprieve.

I've always taken the NSR to the WOF station "the long way" to make sure it's well cleaned out by the time it gets there :innocent:

Thanks for that.

I don't want to ride it, cos it's a pig of a thing in traffic. (possibly cos I'm a husky gentleman). Plus the rego is on hold.

Might have to warm it up before I trailer it round.

nosebleed
22nd July 2011, 18:31
Wotshisname at KTL was getting rave reviews in the last WOF/ service thread I read on here.

Latte
22nd July 2011, 18:34
Thanks for that.

I don't want to ride it, cos it's a pig of a thing in traffic. (possibly cos I'm a husky gentleman). Plus the rego is on hold.

Might have to warm it up before I trailer it round.

That's weird, your picture shows you as being quite a slim fellow, remarkably similar to a character on the office....oh right ;)

Since I'm such a nice guy I would have no problem taking it to a Wof station for you (in Whitianga) :D

Mully
22nd July 2011, 18:34

:

Just found the legislation that exempts 2 strokes from the smoke rules anywa.

Tra la la.

Madness
22nd July 2011, 18:37
VTNZ in New Lynn have a crusty old bugger that issued me a WOF last sunday. He seemed extremely bike friendly & I'd struggle to imagine him taking issue woth a smoker.

tigertim20
22nd July 2011, 22:02
while waiting in line, insert some oil up the tailpipe of the vehicle ahead of you. as the oil burns, and creates a cloud of smoke, you will see how the cloud of black smoke will make your bike seem like its not smoking at all by comparison, and you can blame any smoke as being lingering clouds from the aforementioned victim, ermm, vehicle.

Squiggles
22nd July 2011, 22:24
Testers have never blinked an eye at any of the two strokes i've taken in. I used to take them to the AA, now to AJ at Motohaus :yes:

Mully
22nd July 2011, 22:26
while waiting in line, insert some oil up the tailpipe of the vehicle ahead of you. as the oil burns, and creates a cloud of smoke, you will see how the cloud of black smoke will make your bike seem like its not smoking at all by comparison, and you can blame any smoke as being lingering clouds from the aforementioned victim, ermm, vehicle.

Good plan...

F5 Dave
23rd July 2011, 15:59
I would have thought they would have been more concerned with the total lack of lights mirrors etc first.

cheshirecat
23rd July 2011, 18:02
Just found the legislation that exempts 2 strokes from the smoke rules anywa.

Tra la la.
Along with Welly Ferries, buses, trucks and goods vehicles in general. Welcome to the green country.

Mully
23rd July 2011, 21:23
Along with Welly Ferries, buses, trucks and goods vehicles in general. Welcome to the green country.

Auckland buses are on that list too.

Spearfish
23rd July 2011, 21:30
You could stick a can if this stuff in
http://www.scooterworks.com/2_Stroke_Oil-_Ipone_Scoot_City-P2432.aspx

strawberry smelling smoke cant be bad can it? lol

Rhys
24th July 2011, 01:12
Does it come in vanilla ? :love: