PDA

View Full Version : Guess what guess what guess what!??!?!

Eurygnomes
6th July 2005, 12:45
I rode my bike to work today!!!!!!! (check out the wellington weather you guys down here - it's BEAUTIFUL!).

I waited until everyone else was at work (ie. slept in) and then slowly pootled my way from Kelburn to Porirua via the back roads.

Incidents:
Stalled at a right hand turning bay (didn't bring clutch in quick enough).
Had to let people pass twice.
Scared self silly at a pedestrian crossing (oooh...stop Nomes, stop!!)
Reestablished the 'looking where wnat to go' thing when white car cut in front of me at one roundabout.

And generally had me a BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it. I haven't wiped the grin off yet - though the adrenalin has left the building so am feeling a bit empty!

YAY for my first ride!!!! :)

Keystone19
6th July 2005, 12:48
Congrats Eurygnomes! You'll have to change your signature now to ridden.

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 12:50
Woo Hoo! It's an awesome feelin ain't it!

John
6th July 2005, 12:53
Nothing like popp'n your riding cheery in the wet :lol: (is it rain'n?)...
(edit: guess not, well that killed the joke :oi-grr:)

Anyways congratulations sounds like you did really really well, I've known a few learners who had alot more dramas than that, so great work and ride safe :D

White trash
6th July 2005, 12:54
Outstanding stuff. I remember my first ride and it's definitely a buzz. Keep that enthusiasm and you'll be doing it for ever.

Beemer
6th July 2005, 13:00
Aren't ya glad you don't live in Auckland? Hear the weather is pretty cacky there today - while we in the lower North Island bathe in sunshine! So much for the predicted rain, we've had none all week and today is gorgeous - 20C inside the house, must be about 15C outside (bit of a breeze) and lots of sunshine and blue sky! Hope it doesn't mean it's going to turn crappy tomorrow for the weekend. :no:

Pwalo
6th July 2005, 13:07
Well done. It sure is a cracker of a day in the capital. There's nothing like your first decent ride by yourself. (And those 250 singles are so much fun to ride).

Another couple of days and it'll all seem easy. Just remember to take your time, treat every other road user as a complete twat, and you'll be fine.

Coyote
6th July 2005, 13:09
Congrats. Well done :2thumbsup

I assume you didn't crash?

Keystone19
6th July 2005, 13:10
[QUOTE=Beemer]Aren't ya glad you don't live in Auckland? Hear the weather is pretty cacky there today QUOTE]

Just in case you want an update Beemer. It's still persisting down, heavy rain, the wind is whistling past my office on the third floor, and it don't look like it's gonna get any better anytime soon!! :no:

Ixion
6th July 2005, 13:12
Well done. First of many I trust.

Yeah, the weather in Dorkland is pretty rough today. Twas a wild and wet ride in this morning.

vifferman
6th July 2005, 13:13
YAYYYYY!!!! For gnomes! :niceone:

bugjuice
6th July 2005, 13:18
dorkland has floods going again today. Might trade the 636 in for a jetski.. that'd be cool..

anyhoo, glad today was a corka for the weather, and hope you get more excited as you ride around more! Then it just gets better and better. Tis a rush, huh?

Jonty
6th July 2005, 13:41
Good stuff, glad it lived up to expectations!! best thing about riding to work is getting ac arpark in your work parking building for free :devil2:

GROOMER
6th July 2005, 13:45
Well done. And yeah it is awesome weather here today. Whos stoopid idea was it to get a job, when there's so much riding time going to waste :D

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2005, 14:04
CONGRATS chick!! You must be stoked! Im getting my bike delivered tomorrow, so we definately have to go for that ride now!! I hope the weathers just as good tomorrow! :ride:

Paul in NZ
6th July 2005, 14:28
Well done that man, erm gnome, erm woman (oh heck) WELL Done!

You will be joining in the riding fun fer sure soon eh!

Cheers

Eurygnomes
6th July 2005, 14:34
Thanks all. I've now shown the bike to all my workmates, "and here's where you lean her over to see how much oil she has..." and wished I'd cleaned her first. Oh - and she's now been named too.

Gem. (as in semi-precious, not puddle duck).

I just hope I don't spill tonight having had such a good ride this morning. See ya on the roads - oh - and I also got a nod from another biker. The biker gods really were shining on me this morning!

LB
7th July 2005, 05:47
Good stuff Eurygnomes - enjoy!!

dangerous
7th July 2005, 06:11
And generally had me a BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it. I haven't wiped the grin off yet - though the adrenalin has left the building so am feeling a bit empty!

Good shit you, its great to see the inthoseasim (*sp) injoy and treat every other bugger as if they want your arse pinned to the wall, aint life grand :drinkup:

Sparky Bills
7th July 2005, 09:04
Im afrid it only gets worse from here.
Soon you wont beble to get off the bike, even if its raining.

Best way to learn..
Get out there and do it.

zadok
7th July 2005, 10:02
Good shit you, its great to see the inthoseasim (*sp) injoy and treat every other bugger as if they want your arse pinned to the wall, aint life grand :drinkup:
'Inthoseasim' ??? Thought you were showing off until I saw how you spelt 'ENJOY' :motu: Got ya! ENTHUSIASM
Congrat's Eurygnomes. :clap: :ride: