PDA

View Full Version : My bike has FINALLY arrived!!!

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2005, 14:00
Okay, so this could quite possibly be one of the best day's of my life! Got a phone call today saying "your bikes arrived, and we can deliver it to your house tomorrow", so as you can imagine I was stoked, I was even more stoked when my boss agreed to give me the WHOLE day of work so I can ride all day long!! :Punk:
So Im all set to go, got my insurance sorted, got my leave form accepted and I even have my Loser plate ready to go. I hope I can sleep tonite!!
All I can say is LOOK OUT WELLINGTON!! I hope that I can get through my first ride with as fewer "incidences" as eurynomes :ride:

bugjuice
6th July 2005, 14:03
sweet!!
and big-ups to ya boss too!! Obvisouly knows what's important in life...
just mind how you go, and don't rush anything!

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2005, 14:09
sweet!!
and big-ups to ya boss too!! Obvisouly knows what's important in life...
just mind how you go, and don't rush anything!

hehe, I think my boss is to scared to NOT give me the day of!! I plan on riding up and down my road for awhile before going too far a field, it is long and has a few nice corners etc . . . After im used to my bike i'll start going furthur . . . . then one day it'll be the 'Tukas! :banana:

Eurygnomes
6th July 2005, 14:11
Thats BRILLIANT Str8!!! I'm so chuffed for you (she says, from her lofty vantage point of one single ride!!!). When are we gonna go do some braking practice? Some riding in the wet? Where's a good place huh huh huh!?!? Does anyone know of any disused factory carparks where Str8 and I can go lurk on our gn's? And what colour is it?

I SOOO have my fingers crossed for a good weather day tomorrow down here too. ANother one like this would be FANTASTIC! ;) :ride: Happy riding girly!

Beemer
6th July 2005, 14:16
Not fair, not fair, not fair! Today is a beautiful day and when my husband came home for lunch he said "it would be a great day for a ride..." Yes, I know it would be and I have the time spare to do it, but I am still suffering the side effects of a cold and I really - hate to admit it! - don't feel up to riding, even a short distance.

My head is still pretty stuffy and every time I breathe I feel like I have asthma, so I think I should stay off the bike until I feel better. Riding is one of those 'need to be 100% alert' activities and I don't want to kill myself or put anyone else in danger because I'm not feeling up to it.

So enjoy yourselves, and have a corner or two for me while you're at it!

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2005, 14:17
Thats BRILLIANT Str8!!! I'm so chuffed for you (she says, from her lofty vantage point of one single ride!!!). When are we gonna go do some braking practice? Some riding in the wet? Where's a good place huh huh huh!?!? Does anyone know of any disused factory carparks where Str8 and I can go lurk on our gn's? And what colour is it?

I SOOO have my fingers crossed for a good weather day tomorrow down here too. ANother one like this would be FANTASTIC! ;) :ride: Happy riding girly!

There is a school up the road from me BUT that would involve you riding to brooklyn . . . . Braking practice is definately first on the agenda, I can still here Simon Templeton screaming at me "use both brakes" lol!! And for wet road practice, im thinking that we won't have to wait too long for that, stinking bloody weather!
My bike is a nice shiny black one :-) and hopefully it will stay that way for a while . . . :whistle:
I dont care what the weather does tomorrow, im riding, at least if its raining I'll get to wear my "stunning" navy PVC over pants, mate are they sexy!!

Eurygnomes
6th July 2005, 14:38
New question for ya on the Biker Angels' forum...

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2005, 14:46
New question for ya on the Biker Angels' forum...

Hey yea, forgot about that . . . but seeing as my boss has been soo good to me and gave me tomorrow off, I think i'll spend my last 45 mins working, or should I say not spend it on the internet :Punk:

Pwalo
6th July 2005, 14:52
Crikey, another GN. They must be breeding. Still you can't go past an air cooled Suzuki.

Well unless you've got something faster.

Hitcher
6th July 2005, 16:38
I remember every metre of the journey as I rode my first bike home. Fantastic stuff. Enjoy your new bike. That's what it's for!

White trash
6th July 2005, 18:16
I can still here Simon Templeton screaming at me "use both brakes" lol!!

S'Funny, I watched one of those courses with Andrew Templeton yelling "Head up! Head up!"

Fucken good course though (even if we do share slightly different views on how to ride a bike, eh Andy :devil2: ), most people get the essentials drumed into their thick skulls over a few short hours.

Congrats on the bike H, you've waited long enough and been extremely patient. Enjoy.

aff-man
6th July 2005, 18:35
Congrats .... hopefully the weather isn't like it is here in dorkland :no: :no:

sels1
6th July 2005, 22:27
Where's a good place huh huh huh!?!? Does anyone know of any disused factory carparks where Str8 and I can go lurk on our gn's?

After work hrs new subdivisions are good. Sports ground carparks are quiet mid week.

When you're up for it, the ride from Karori out to Makara is a goody, lots of corners and not very fast. You can come back thru Johnsonville too. Just watch out for the odd 4x4.

chickenfunkstar
6th July 2005, 23:10
Okay, so this could quite possibly be one of the best day's of my life! Got a phone call today saying "your bikes arrived, and we can deliver it to your house tomorrow", so as you can imagine I was stoked, I was even more stoked when my boss agreed to give me the WHOLE day of work so I can ride all day long!! :Punk:
So Im all set to go, got my insurance sorted, got my leave form accepted and I even have my Loser plate ready to go. I hope I can sleep tonite!!
All I can say is LOOK OUT WELLINGTON!! I hope that I can get through my first ride with as fewer "incidences" as eurynomes :ride:

Thats good news :ride:
I remember having a ball learning to ride on a friends Gn in an abandoned carpark.
Take care and enjoy!

Patch
6th July 2005, 23:25
My GN lasted a week. Some prick shot thru the roundabout at Porirua (by KMart) in his van and I didn't stop in time, plowed right into him, and his wife with her friend and about eight kids. Awoke in the middle of the road to all these kids screaming, wondered what the hell I'd done. Lucky for me, it was his fault, ruined his kids birthday tho.

Moral of this story.

Practice braking and watch out for dickheads driving cars, vans, the odd truck and definately buses. Its a cruel world out there.

The old milkstation in Johnsonville would be a good place to practice, anytime as its empty. Its off Fraser Ave, by the train station.

Have fun.

LB
7th July 2005, 05:34
Congrats Str8 Jacket!! I can still remember the thrill of my first bike. Even though I've had many many bikes since, there's something really special about the first one.

Go for it. (just take it easy if it's wet!)

Paul in NZ
7th July 2005, 08:53
Not fair, not fair, not fair! Today is a beautiful day and when my husband came home for lunch he said "it would be a great day for a ride..." Yes, I know it would be and I have the time spare to do it, but I am still suffering the side effects of a cold and I really - hate to admit it! - don't feel up to riding, even a short distance.

My head is still pretty stuffy and every time I breathe I feel like I have asthma, so I think I should stay off the bike until I feel better. Riding is one of those 'need to be 100% alert' activities and I don't want to kill myself or put anyone else in danger because I'm not feeling up to it.

So enjoy yourselves, and have a corner or two for me while you're at it!

You have my sympathy! If you have that flu (I had it) stay off the bike a few days after you feel 'well'
as it come come back and slap you upside the head.... Usually at an awkward moment...

Sparky Bills
7th July 2005, 08:57
Congrats.
Now all we need is some good/warm weather.

Have fun! :Punk:

raster
7th July 2005, 22:29
Got my first bike, GSX400 8 months ago and am still waiting to be "allowed" to ride it and not be scared everytime a cop goes past.
1 month to go!!
Sat my restricted on a 250 and found it more relaxing to ride as I was'nt so nervice.
I used a shopping complex carpark after closing and used the lines as a course which would change all of a sudden??!!
And it was wet that evening.

Str8 Jacket
8th July 2005, 07:29
S'Funny, I watched one of those courses with Andrew Templeton yelling "Head up! Head up!"

Fucken good course though (even if we do share slightly different views on how to ride a bike, eh Andy :devil2: ), most people get the essentials drumed into their thick skulls over a few short hours.

Congrats on the bike H, you've waited long enough and been extremely patient. Enjoy.

Doh! Yea alrite twas Andrew :weird:

And cheers, I love my new bike!! :Punk: