PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Gears

Eurygnomes
6th July 2005, 14:41
Okay girls...who wears sexy biking pants. I don't. Mine are RIDICULOUS. When I first put them on, I almost cried. The guy in WMCC had to inform me that 'they weren't supposed to look fashionable'.

Now, I've made some awful fashion blunders at times (ski pants? Leopard skin pants? Bubble Skirts!?!?!) but these are quite special.

So what I want to know is: how many of you wear proper biking pants, jeans or leather, and whether you all want someone to design some nice looking/protective pants (other than draggin jeans which are still too tapered for my arse/thighs!).

Nomes (not a small chick by any (two-way) stretch!)

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 14:47
I have cordura/kevlar R-Jay pants, which make my knees and butt look baggy and big... but I don't care... would rather look like a dork then spend months in hospital getting skin grafted from my ass to somewhere else...

I also have some racing leathers that are tight everywhere except on my butt... But the jacket is nice and tight...

Motu
6th July 2005, 14:53
we need pictures girls - you need to ask us the important question.....and the answer is ...YES!

Beemer
6th July 2005, 14:54
In summer I wear leather riding pants - they actually make me look quite slim when worn with a leather jacket. But in winter or when it's wet, I wear my Cordura pants and jacket, both of which make me look like the Michelin woman! I am only 5'1" and as soon as you put something padded on a short person, they have no option but to look fat. Great protection and I'm married now so I don't have to worry about attracting men (LOL!), but they really do make me feel bulky and extremely unattractive!

And I am the only one to feel like I am wearing a suit of armour when I try walking? Lifting a leg over the bike seems to take a supreme effort!

BMW make some great women's riding gear but it's not cheap and I can't really justify spending that much on gear when what I have is perfectly serviceable - just not flattering! I guess it helps to be taller...

Eurygnomes
6th July 2005, 14:59
I've got "man pants" (cordura/kevlar thingys) - because that's all they had in the shop and the selection on trademe was poor in my size. I don't mind having to move in them - but I did trip up the stairs at work (looking cool - NOT!) when I got there because I wasn't lifting my leg high enough.

And Motu - this particular outfit breaks camera lenses I'm afraid, so you is all out of luck! :)

*dreamy sigh* mmmm...racing leathers...

Waylander
6th July 2005, 15:04
we need pictures girls - you need to ask us the important question.....and the answer is ...YES!

Sure about that mate? It's certain to lead to questions like "does this make my butt look big?" and such..

And if the answere to that one from you is yes I would run. Very far.

Beemer
6th July 2005, 15:07
The best thing is, in summer people think I've lost heaps of weight! Err, no, I've just changed out of my ugly suit and into leathers! Can't do anything about the face though...

I remember being very cruel about some guy at a WIMA rally once - he pulled up on this gorgeous Ducati, in tight black leathers, and then he took his helmet off. The girls and I were unanimous "put it back on!" we yelled!

T.I.E
6th July 2005, 15:25
unfortunately motor cycle gear looks great on the rack can look ok on me. and then that's only when i'm standing up. sitting is something different.
and most of the time its not very flattering. not that i spend all my time looking at the reflection in shop windows, as i'm riding through the streets of auckland.
i'm sure im not the only one.
but long as it keeps my parts together if i ever crap off.
the bloody technic gear is developing a few leaks, and i'm sure it's not dude to my slowly expanding stomach.
off to the gym crap.
if anyone has any great gear and design they like i wouldn't ind hearing it.
long as it's water poof too. and works

Pwalo
6th July 2005, 15:36
Don't take it too personally. Wet weather bike gear is pretty hard to look good in whoever you are (sh@#, that sounded a bit gay).

Seriously though what's up with some of the sizing of gear. I'm a HUGE 5'6" 68kg male, and I need to get a size XL pair of overtrou if I want to wear streetgear underneath.

Mitch
6th July 2005, 16:04
I have a very female approach to bike gear :whistle: LOTS of it..........
None of it looks particularly good BUT when i'm sitting on my bike it is comfy and I don't have to see it.
A chick riding a bike in my eye's is a good look!!!!! The more of us out there the better. PLUS most guys don't look all that shit hot in their gear either, it's made to be safe and practical and therefore it will never look all that good :rofl:

Lou Girardin
6th July 2005, 16:12
It's not unknown for some women to remove the armour to get a slimmer look.
Teknic Sequoia jackets look good on most femeles, not if you're tiny though.
Spidi Balance jackets have a nice cut and are quite flattering.
Triumph do some great womens leathers too, not heavily branded either.

TonyB
6th July 2005, 16:20
A chick riding a bike in my eye's is a good look!!!!! Hell yes!

PLUS most guys don't look all that shit hot in their gear either, it's made to be safe and practical and therefore it will never look all that good :rofl: Ahh, the saggy butt syndrome. I know it well- my wife doesn't like my new leathers much- huge knees & elbows and a saggy butt. Actually I have noticed at track days that most riders of the feminine variety seem to have leathers that don't have the saggy butt syndrome- not sure how they manage it.... but(t) I'm not complaining :whistle:

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 16:37
My 2 pc Spyke leathers give me the saggy butt syndrome... but to be honest... I've neer ridden in them... put them on... looked in the mirror and thought "ahhh maybe next time". But I wear the jacket of the suit often (not on cold days).

It doesn't help that I'm "overly" skinny... but yeah...

HDTboy
6th July 2005, 17:04
I've seen plain black leather pants looking good on a femme while she was riding. I didn't manage to get a look when she got off the bike though.
I think it may have been a case of K.I.S.S. and it was summer at the time

Dafe
6th July 2005, 17:17
I reackon its easy to look good in your bike gears!
I like the casual look. A pair of blue draggin jeans and a causal sporty looking leather jacket and presto!
It couldn't be simpler..... just make sure the lid matches also. And to cap it off a nice pair of straight black leather riding boots.

And as for comfort, This is comfortable as when on the bike, and still comfy as off the bike.
For those who just don't get it, A dark jacket and blue draggin jeans goes with most things.

Slim
6th July 2005, 17:25
You have to remember that biking gear is designed to be comfortable & functional while you're on the bike ... not while you're walking around at a coffee stop!

I've got Hein Gericke 2-piece leathers that aren't too bad, but still get the baggy knees & bum look when walking around. I was going to post a piccie, but The Man never took any photo's of me standing around in my leathers - just sat on the bike. Soz boys. ;)

Edit: I changed my mind. :bleh:

WINJA
6th July 2005, 17:53
You have to remember that biking gear is designed to be comfortable & functional while you're on the bike ... not while you're walking around at a coffee stop!

I've got Hein Gericke 2-piece leathers that aren't too bad, but still get the baggy knees & bum look when walking around. I was going to post a piccie, but The Man never took any photo's of me standing around in my leathers - just sat on the bike. Soz boys. ;)

ARE YOU ON THE DUKE OR THE HONDA?

Slim
6th July 2005, 18:04
ARE YOU ON THE DUKE OR THE HONDA?
Sorry - the Honda. The guy on the 916 is the oft-referred-to "The Man".

White trash
6th July 2005, 18:06
PLUS most guys don't look all that shit hot in their gear either, it's made to be safe and practical and therefore it will never look all that good :rofl:

Bullshit. I look fucken fantastic all the time. You know that....

White trash
6th July 2005, 18:08
Miss Raff looks far from shabby in her leathers. Cordura seems to make everybody look unflattered regardless of who's wearing it.

NC
6th July 2005, 18:13
I'm fat and I wear leathers... Mooooo

White trash
6th July 2005, 18:21
I'm fat and I wear leathers... Mooooo

You're not fat R, you're cuddly :love:

NC
6th July 2005, 18:23
Aww Thanks Jim :love:

WINJA
6th July 2005, 18:39
NAH CUDDLY IS ANYTHING UNDER 100KG , NC IS JUST FAT

WINJA
6th July 2005, 18:41
Sorry - the Honda. The guy on the 916 is the oft-referred-to "The Man".
RUB IT IN , AND HES GOT A 916

Sutage
6th July 2005, 18:47
I reackon its easy to look good in your bike gears!
I like the casual look. A pair of blue draggin jeans and a causal sporty looking leather jacket and presto!
It couldn't be simpler..... just make sure the lid matches also. And to cap it off a nice pair of straight black leather riding boots.

And as for comfort, This is comfortable as when on the bike, and still comfy as off the bike.
For those who just don't get it, A dark jacket and blue draggin jeans goes with most things.

Thats generally what i wear, i just went for all black stuff
black helmet no graphics black jacket and pants for when its wet
but usually just wear jeans
top (:D) it off with some tom cruise top gun aviators and your set

DingDong
6th July 2005, 18:54
Oh please wear sexy pants... mmmmmm :yes:

SixPackBack
6th July 2005, 18:56
Thats generally what i wear, i just went for all black stuff
black helmet no graphics black jacket and pants for when its wet
but usually just wear jeans
top (:D) it off with some tom cruise top gun aviators and your set

and your lipstick don't forget that

Riff Raff
6th July 2005, 19:37
Miss Raff looks far from shabby in her leathers. Cordura seems to make everybody look unflattered regardless of who's wearing it.
Thanks hun! But I definately looked like the Michelin man this morning riding to work at 5.20am, with my uniform underneath my cordura gear.

NC
6th July 2005, 19:45
NAH CUDDLY IS ANYTHING UNDER 100KG , NC IS JUST FAT
Fuck I'm lighter than you yah fat cunt..

Your dad said hi.

WINJA
6th July 2005, 20:00
Fuck I'm lighter than you yah fat cunt..

Your dad said hi.
MY DAD SAID "BRING IT ON BUTTER CUP "
IM GIVING HIM YOUR CELL NUMBER.
AND BTW HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH WIDE RIDE?

Dafe
6th July 2005, 20:18
Straight Blacks always a good look, Looks good as casual wear too!

Dafe
6th July 2005, 20:26
So I wonder what tickles a Hog Riders fancy???

sels1
6th July 2005, 21:16
Mostly wear cordura pants/jacket. Never looked in mirror while wearing them so I'm blissfully ignorant. Going to get some Draggin jeans for next summer, thats more to do with them being cooler (as in less warm) than looks.

surfchick
6th July 2005, 21:28
i'm vain.
retro leather jacket.colour to match bike.
white helmet to match bike and retro leather jacket.
boots imported from the states cause i didn't want plasticy bubbly ones and get laughed at by the students i teach...at least not make their laughter worse...
jeans or other non-bike pants as i haven't got round to that yet. but when i do- they will match the bike, the jacket and the helmet.
howver my spacesuit overall thingi for rain is soooo ugly nd billowy it nearly sucks me off my bike. i look like a flying jellyfis-frill on fast forward.
i look so enormous in this gear LED won't ride behind me cuase you can't see past. my winddrag is like a tractor beam...general aesthetic menace. i

surfchick
6th July 2005, 21:29
So I wonder what tickles a Hog Riders fancy???
that is the coooolest pick. arriggghhht :Punk:

WINJA
6th July 2005, 21:38
I gotta say, that I think it was Velox? that looked pretty hot in her leather jacket at the rally. now that jacket was made to look good....or she made it look good i dunno.. all I remember was it was damn cold.
GIRLS ARE PURDY

Motu
6th July 2005, 22:05
I wear chicks pants 'cause I need something to fit my fat arse into.

Patch
6th July 2005, 22:51
Leather, leather and more leather. Who the hell cares what you look like when ya sliding down the road at a 100mph.

If ya that worried about how big ya bum looks . . . . ride naked, no one will ever notice :whistle:

Besides, its not how you look that matters, its what ya :ride: that counts. :love:

PS. Sliding down the road ain't recommended . . . at any speed, especially on ya :moon:

John
6th July 2005, 23:06
Spot the odd one out ...

gav
6th July 2005, 23:38
LOL, women and parking...goes together like a fish and a bicycle!

rfc85
7th July 2005, 07:00
Saggy butt syndrome-my ex had it an she has never riden a fu#ken bike went well with her tits an thighs an chin an everother place
an that was without clothes-so take heart if it only looks saggy in pants !!!!!
na only joking she is buying the bike off me and is still a top person

Lou Girardin
7th July 2005, 10:54
Saggy butt syndrome-my ex had it an she has never riden a fu#ken bike went well with her tits an thighs an chin an everother place
an that was without clothes-so take heart if it only looks saggy in pants !!!!!

A touch of bitterness here perhaps? :rofl:

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 14:52
I am getting stifarms old jacket and pants, so will be looking like the michellin girl, while he upgrades to leathers.....

I would prefer the Dragin pants and fitting Jacket, but I will be sensible and wait to upgrade until I move up to the VTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

surfchick
7th July 2005, 16:02
I wear chicks pants 'cause I need something to fit my fat arse into.
motu i routinely think YOU ARE THE MAN but that one clinches it :devil2: :Punk: :Punk:

yungatart
7th July 2005, 16:48
I wear Cordura- fully armoured- don't care about the resemblance to the Michelin man. I have a dependant child- so go with maximum safety and comfort while on the bike. Couldn't inflict my young fella on anyone else while I lie around in a hospital bed for weeks recuperating. If I wanna look cool I take the cage!!

surfchick
7th July 2005, 17:24
If I wanna look cool I take the cage!!

just how would you do that in a cage again? :devil2:

NC
7th July 2005, 17:39
Spot the odd one out ...
That's my "Aucklander" parking... :weird:

:rofl:

chic 'n' charge
9th July 2005, 20:43
I wear Cordura/Kevlar pants and jacket. I find it's really warm and breathes well when ya need it, safe (just in case ya need it) and ultimately it makes all riders look the same.

I still love it when guys roar up behind me and think I'm a guy - then the shock on their faces when I remove helmet or lift visor at lights!!! What a hoot..... :rofl:

I thought the personalised number plate would give it away - it would appear not. :weird:

sunhuntin
16th July 2005, 19:49
wear leather pants that are huge. could fit my old man and me in them and still have room for the dog, lmfao. its good though, cos theres room for my jeans under, and also thermals if needed. great for riding home after work in the rain too...went over a speed bump, didnt realise thered be a lake on the other side...water went right over my boots, lol. if itd just been my jeans, they would have been drenched.

i also have skin tight red leathers that i may wear in the summer under my baggy ones...they are more for show than anything.

scumdog
17th July 2005, 09:18
Sure about that mate? It's certain to lead to questions like "does this make my butt look big?" and such..

And if the answere to that one from you is yes I would run. Very far.

Haven't read the rest of the thread but that WAS the question Motu was refering to....

BTW - C.B. still looks pretty good to me when she's in her leathers (and even better out of them hrmph, hrumph!! :yes: )

scumdog
17th July 2005, 09:28

So you snuck down to Bluff without calling in??

Never mind, I'll microwave the coffe to re-heat it when you DO call in!

Slim
18th July 2005, 09:48
So you snuck down to Bluff without calling in??

Never mind, I'll microwave the coffe to re-heat it when you DO call in!
You were out hunting or something, remember????? I tried. :bleh:

scumdog
19th July 2005, 17:13
You were out hunting or something, remember????? I tried. :bleh:

Oh! yeah, right, it was THAT time you went to Bluff!!

O.K. you're forgiven - and I apologise!!

marty
19th July 2005, 19:34
get a a pair of these>>>

Velox
19th July 2005, 21:49
get a a pair of these>>>
Or not. .

SixPackBack
20th July 2005, 12:35
get a a pair of these>>>

A lick of paint ?...........crash protection could be a little lacking, conversely i can see girls social calender improving markedly

2_SL0
20th July 2005, 12:47
get a a pair of these>>>

They look fine, :whistle: :yes:

Charlie
11th August 2005, 15:37
I wear leather pants too, but I dont suffer the saggy bum thing as they're guys pants and just a tad tight (as boys have NO HIPS AND ARSE! But they were given to me free, so I cant complain).
Actually leather is pretty comfortable, however when sitting for a while and as the jacket rides up theres that cold cut on ya lower back! I hear you can get the wedgy type pants (like snowboarding pants) that are longer in the waist and less likely to expose the back?
Have only just gotten into riding so after buying a bike, good helmet, jacket, gloves etc I was greatful for the free pants.
Reading all the feedback though, when I buy pants, I'll probably opt for the cordura/kevlar pants, esp come next winter.

GN1NiteStnd
29th August 2005, 09:56
I cant say I have any official bike pants. I just make sure im wearing a peer of long jeans.

I dont own any leather pants for biking purposes...

Cant say that my fashion jeans are gonna help me in a crash though. Im just lucky that it hasnt come to that yet.