PDA

View Full Version : Free Honda Goldwing GL1500

Laava
24th July 2011, 18:41
Anyone else see this in the paper?
Just the latest scam it turns out, no surprises there. Below is my correspondence so far. I did not bother attaching the photos.

Hi Jarrett, saw your ad and thought I would respond as it seems too good to be true but you never know? I restore motorcycles for a hobby and so am interested to know more. Thanks Al

Thanks for your interest, The bike is still available and its not for sale am only giving it out .I am currently located in Dunedin, Zealand Just got Relocated back from London , Uk I have already asked movers to bring the Bike here from my grand-son's house in London , Uk and was going to put up a new ad here in Dunedin, New Zealand But my wife Advised me to put up the ad on Newspaper to see if anyone will be interested in having the bike as she doesn't want to see the bike anymore cos of the memory of her late Grandson David so we Place the ad here in a Local Newspaper in Dunedin, Zealand which is Affiliated with the Local Paper in Whangarei.

I bought the Motorcycle for my grandson as his birthday gift last year august. Its 1988 Honda Gl1500 and a Photo copier Machine. It is two months now since he died and I would like for it to be passed out and seeing the bike always brings back his memory and it makes me cry,as the house will be emptied soon.

Where are you based pls? If you are able to afford the delivery charges which i know it will cost less cos they are local delivery Movers I can coordinate the movers to deliver the bike to you where-ever you are located here in Zealand as I only gave them the instruction yesterday evening, and I'm sure they will request for fees in turn.

Please let me know if you would be able to take a very good care of these Bike so i can give you the Movers Contact in Uk for you to Contact them for delivery of the Motorbike to your door step in Zealand

attached a photo of it. This was taken two weeks ago.
Jarrett

Hi Jarrett I am in whangarei. I can deal with the movers direct if that is easier? Where abouts in the UK is it? I have loads of relatives over there who can collect or ship on for me. Thanks Al.

Thanks for the email and concern i really Appreciate your concern it
really hard for me at the moment and all the family getting this out
of our mind,Though Movers are already in London, UK if you really
interested in the Motobike you can email them on
(custormer.jimmyhoundshippers.s@gmail.com)They are with the Paper work
and the keys and the bike is in good condition so you have nothing to
repair on it so email me back if you have interest in it and also have
a contact with them before it's too late so they can quote you for the
freight charges .

Let me Know once you have contact them

Thanks ones again for your concern

Jarrett

Cool thanks I will contact them. What is your phone number in Dunedin if I
need to contact you? Cheers Al

Mully
24th July 2011, 19:11
Photo copier?

Virago
24th July 2011, 19:12
Yep, another long-running Nigerian scam.

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/146920

Even the newspaper will have been scammed into running the advert.

Virago
24th July 2011, 19:17
Photo copier?

Bwahahahaha...! Didn't see that.

I wonder whether the bike has a separate tank for toner...?

baptist
24th July 2011, 23:15
Photo copier?

Yep, another long-running Nigerian scam.

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/146920

Even the newspaper will have been scammed into running the advert.

Case is pretty black and white really...:facepalm::innocent:

ducatilover
24th July 2011, 23:34
Tell him you're on an oil rig and will be paying via your PapPal email account a lump sum of $7682 Zealnd current currency and would appreciate the return of the excess as the numbers on the keyboard on the oil rig are broken so you cannot send another number.

Throw in some extra capital letters and ask him if this is his final price on the bike.

Ender EnZed
25th July 2011, 00:42
Photo copier?

Goldwings only came with the photo copier in certain markets. They're pretty rare to find in NZ.

BASS-TREBLE
25th July 2011, 07:36
Yeah those photo copiers are one of the accessories that the top box accommodates.

ac3_snow
25th July 2011, 09:09
An older grand father would not be spelling please as, pls and cause as cos.
lol I would also like to know where the photocopier comes into it

FJRider
25th July 2011, 09:34
Photo copier?

a Motorcycle and Photo-copier machine ... obviously a model we haven't had here ....

Would inquires for such a model be to McIver and Veitch ... or Noel Leamings ... ???

HenryDorsetCase
25th July 2011, 09:38
our photocopier weighs 180kg, so so obviously no issue with having one bolted to your Gold Wing. Though I think he needs the 1800cc for that extra urge when passing, or doing a long run of double sided colour copies.

Maybe there is a flat-six motor in our copier which is why its so heavy. I'll ask our Sharp guy.

SILVER SUZI
25th July 2011, 12:22
Hang on, just think about this for a minute. A motorbike with a photocopier attached. What a perfect idea. If you are self employed then all you motorcycling just became TAX DEDUCTABLE!!:woohoo:
I wounder if I cold bolt one onto my race bike? It's not like I could get any slower, so I don't see a downside.:killingme

Laava
25th July 2011, 19:31
You could have a shredder mounted on one side and the copier on the other. This would balance things perfectly and leave room for a scanner in the topbox position.

rastuscat
25th July 2011, 21:35
Yeah, all models after 2009 have a scanner. Clearly this is a scam, as models as old as the one in question don't have the bluetooth connection for a printer as quoted.

I'm waiting for the GL 2800 which includes an iPad/pod and toaster. There are far too may calories in the current iPud(ding)

NighthawkNZ
25th July 2011, 22:24
so we Place the ad here in a Local Newspaper in Dunedin, Zealand which is Affiliated with the Local Paper in Whangarei.

The ODT affiliated with another paper... bwhahaha clue there...

Dunedin, Zealand its all just bad england and grammer ... give away 2

custormer.jimmyhoundshippers.s@gmail.com please No reputable international company would use Gmail as a business email address. jimmyhoundshippers ... clue 3... Google (http://www.google.co.nz/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=jimmyhoundshippers+&btnG=Google+Search#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=%22jimmy+hound+shippers%22&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=5216bf61d756cbf4&biw=1280&bih=841) big fat zero.

Actually over all I think its quite funny that some people actually would believe it. Hopefully most cottened on before any money was sent.