PDA

View Full Version : Glove help wanted, kinda.

DrunkenMistake
24th July 2011, 20:43
I brought some Teknic chicane gloves not to long ago on a special at one of the bike shops here,
Needed something thick for winter as I have thin leather summer gloves, which are still great in the wet, but I certainly feel the cold, like days like today when I rode to work in the slurry snow, as retarded as that sounds, It was only cold and icey when I left.. ANYWAYS

So I brought these gloves, they were only one size its all they had left, and they fit great in the palm and wrist but I found they are a tad long in the fingers, which bugs the shit out of me, that little extra bit of glove catches on everything, break lever, clutch lever, stops me from grabbing my choke as its sunk in one of the panels on the fairings, its not a simple pull out job,
What I want to know is, is it possible to have the finger length altered without it been a prick, or would it be easier for me to sell them and buy a new pair?.

Fuck I dribble on :facepalm:

Thanks guys.

FJRider
24th July 2011, 20:48
Fuck I dribble on :facepalm:

Thanks guys.

Yep .................

DrunkenMistake
24th July 2011, 20:50
Yep .................

Figured someone with a little more wit like yourself to come up with something better like that haha THANKS FOR THE HELP THOUGH ;)

Berries
24th July 2011, 21:57
What I want to know is, is it possible to have the finger length altered without it been a prick
One of my rellies is an orthopaedic surgeon at Dunedin hospital. I can give him a call and find out if you like.

DrunkenMistake
24th July 2011, 21:59
One of my rellies is an orthopaedic surgeon at Dunedin hospital. I can give him a call and find out if you like.

Lmao! very original

nzspokes
24th July 2011, 22:02
I had the same problem buying gloves. M/cycle ones seem to be an odd fit. Fingers are to long. Did get some in the end but took awhile. My problem is getting to hot.

Just sell them on trade me and buy the right size. Will be easier in the long run.

DrunkenMistake
24th July 2011, 22:04
I had the same problem buying gloves. M/cycle ones seem to be an odd fit. Fingers are to long. Did get some in the end but took awhile. My problem is getting to hot.

Just sell them on trade me and buy the right size. Will be easier in the long run.

Figured as much, I can get bang on sized gloves no problems, but not thick lined gloves or winter gloves, seem to be in the middle

Quasievil
24th July 2011, 22:07
Winter gloves tend to have more padding around the finger end which enhances this issue, the reason is in cold conditions the finger tips get hammered, not like summer leather gloves that have your fingers at the end.
not really viable to alter them mate, to many layers to get right and it would comprimise the glove

DrunkenMistake
24th July 2011, 22:17
Winter gloves tend to have more padding around the finger end which enhances this issue, the reason is in cold conditions the finger tips get hammered, not like summer leather gloves that have your fingers at the end.
not really viable to alter them mate, to many layers to get right and it would comprimise the glove

Ohk, yah I know about the little extra in the finger but this is a decent amount.
Thanks for that Quasie, I was going to PM you and see what you had to say but completely forgot haha.. so you still up to trade my misses for a set of handroids? :innocent:

Quasievil
24th July 2011, 22:47
Thanks for that Quasie, I was going to PM you and see what you had to say but completely forgot haha.. so you still up to trade my misses for a set of handroids? :innocent:

Pics required first:yes: