PDA

View Full Version : Mean Streak VN1600b

murhf3
6th July 2005, 18:19
Is there any body out there? Who also has one of these, Won best metric cruzzer for 2005, I have and its great,customized it, had a couple of Harleys before but got a bit sick of repairing them,how ever can.t say theres much dif in part prices, be good to talk to some one else whom owns one. :ride: :cold:

Eurodave
6th July 2005, 18:28
MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm .....I like!!

murhf3
6th July 2005, 18:34
This is mine.

Waylander
6th July 2005, 18:38
Nice ride ya got there. 'Bout how much did it run ya?

murhf3
6th July 2005, 18:45
Cost 20,000 and hav spent about 6,000 on custom parts, but comparing it to a harley it out performs in all ways,6 pot twin disc front,fuel injection more horsepower,I could go on and on.Added a Power commander Vance and Hines pipes, Rissers, Chrome radiator cover, leather solo seat, amd just adding custom chrome forward conrols. It handles fecking well for a big bike 240 top end, 180 in fourth, plus its a shaft drive ,super smooth.

Waylander
6th July 2005, 18:46
Cost 20,000 and hav spent about 6,000 on custom parts, but comparing it to a harley it out performs in all ways,6 pot twin disc front,fuel injection more horsepower,I could go on and on.Added a Power commander Vance and Hines pipes, Rissers, Chrome radiator cover, leather solo seat, amd just adding custom chrome forward conrols. It handles fecking well for a big bike 240 top end, 180 in fourth, plus its a shaft drive ,super smooth.
Sounds a bit better than the Roadstar Warrior for the same price. And shaft drive too wich is a plus.

murhf3
6th July 2005, 18:52
Def worth checking out, I looked at all cruzzers including another Harley, but this just got me, looks better then most,has alot of stlye, but most of all, all the parts are from the ZX range which gives it good handling,also had a 180HP ZX12R [2002]. Love kawasaki

Waylander
6th July 2005, 19:03
Def worth checking out, I looked at all cruzzers including another Harley, but this just got me, looks better then most,has alot of stlye, but most of all, all the parts are from the ZX range which gives it good handling,also had a 180HP ZX12R [2002]. Love kawasaki
Very nice indeed. Cheaper than a harley aswell. Yea Yamaha did the same for the newer Warriors. Most of the parts came from the R1. Don't like the 2-1 pipe though.:puke:

DingDong
6th July 2005, 19:57
Cool looking bike... not my Cuppa Cheno tho, but thats just me

Hitcher
7th July 2005, 09:10
Now if I had a gargre...

Motig
7th July 2005, 10:40
Sheer jealously here :Punk: I've loved the Meanstreaks looks for a while and after 8 o'clock this Saturday :ride:

murhf3
7th July 2005, 18:01
Sheer jealously here :Punk: I've loved the Meanstreaks looks for a while and after 8 o'clock this Saturday :ride:
Buy one mate you def will not regret it

Jackrat
8th July 2005, 21:49
:rofl: Motorcycle USA in their power cruiser compero call the mean streak,
The "lean streak" over rated,under powered ect ect.
Never ask the owner of a bike who's just spent mega bucks on the thing how good it is.Your only going to get one answer.
Read a few real road tests first. :yes:

stevedee
8th July 2005, 21:56
Looks a fine cycle to me, always wanted to test a big cruiser, who knows one day ....... Great bike mate, if I win lotto I'll buy a green one.

murhf3
9th July 2005, 08:15
:rofl: Motorcycle USA in their power cruiser compero call the mean streak,
The "lean streak" over rated,under powered ect ect.
Never ask the owner of a bike who's just spent mega bucks on the thing how good it is.Your only going to get one answer.
Read a few real road tests first. :yes:
Well Igeuss I can talk with some knowledge considering I hav ridin all my life[25 y] and owned some 15 bikes, of just about every make and 2 harleys, so I sort of hav some comparasin, what about you. Also none of my mods did anything to alter the power or handling, yet it still blows away all my mates harleys excluding the V.Rod and out corners and brakes them. Now are we comparing this with a zx12r, :motu: its a cruzzer ,look around what else do you get for this price

Jackrat
9th July 2005, 12:44
Well Igeuss I can talk with some knowledge considering I hav ridin all my life[25 y] and owned some 15 bikes, of just about every make and 2 harleys, so I sort of hav some comparasin, what about you. Also none of my mods did anything to alter the power or handling, yet it still blows away all my mates harleys excluding the V.Rod and out corners and brakes them. Now are we comparing this with a zx12r, :motu: its a cruzzer ,look around what else do you get for this price

35 years on two wheels, an two HDs as well.Although I hav'nt ridden ALL my life like you,the first 15 years I had to wait for a licence.
I'm simply quoting whats written on the largest cruiser site in the world,if you don't like it bleat to them,,,,
BTW :motu: YOU TOO.

murhf3
9th July 2005, 14:16
35 years on two wheels, an two HDs as well.Although I hav'nt ridden ALL my life like you,the first 15 years I had to wait for a licence.
I'm simply quoting whats written on the largest cruiser site in the world,if you don't like it bleat to them,,,,
BTW :motu: YOU TOO.
Each to there own :clap:

Waylander
9th July 2005, 15:26
Road and Sport had one out today. Older than yours though and not nearly as clean but sure sounded nice.:Punk:

stevedee
9th July 2005, 18:48
Hey guys remember all bikes are good bikes and cruisers are cool, lighten up, enjoy the difference.

Moko Potaka
13th January 2007, 19:40
anyone out there tested or bought the new LTD yet,looks nice.

Waylander
13th January 2007, 19:42
BayCity has one if you want to ride up here(unless they sold it). Don't think it's a demo model yet

No different to the standard one other than the paintjob though.

Bonez
13th January 2007, 20:46
Do bits keep falling off yours like they do Meanies 1500?

MotoGirl
13th January 2007, 21:17
If I had to ride a cruiser - a meanie would be right up there. The brakes are damn good for a bike that size and weight :rockon: You certainly notice the difference between the meanie and a non-handling cruiser such as the VN1500 Classic.

Good choice of bike!

Macktheknife
14th January 2007, 10:47

Go see Mike at Mt Eden Motorcycles, he has a test model, very pretty.

Meanie
14th January 2007, 21:32
Do bits keep falling off yours like they do Meanies 1500?
How did i know you would ask that question bonez
I lost a part of my exhaust (just a short heat shield) on a back country ride scraping it on a hard right hander with a dip in the road, succesfully keeping up with the sports bikes on the ride :yes: and good ol bonez lays that one on every chance he gets :yawn: :killingme :killingme :killingme
Anywho murhf3 i love the meanstreak, cant get enough of riding her and she looks bloody awesome especialy with a few mods (i am just starting mine) How much did you V&H pipes set you back i am considering getting some, how do you get on with a wof and noise levels

Bonez
15th January 2007, 17:14
I lost a part of my exhaust (just a short heat shield) on a back country ride scraping it on a hard right hander with a dip in the road, succesfully keeping up with the sports bikes on the ride :yes: Never heard a GB400 called that before ol chap, very sporting indeed.:yes:

(Oh you mean THAT sports bike :sick: )

Moko Potaka
20th January 2007, 20:18
i took that piece off before it fell off,it developed a crack in it around 29k.had it welded but started cracking again at 34k.just need to remind the pillion not to rest their boot on the exaust while riding otherwise it burns the heel.:gob: the numbar plate has developed the same crack along the top where the nuts hold it on.still ok for now but needs attending to very soon:dodge:
I lost a part of my exhaust (just a short heat shield) on a back country ride scraping it on a hard right hander with a dip in the road, succesfully keeping up with the sports bikes on the ride :yes: and good ol bonez lays that one on every chance he gets :yawn: :killingme :killingme :killingme
Anywho murhf3 i love the meanstreak, cant get enough of riding her and she looks bloody awesome especialy with a few mods (i am just starting mine) How much did you V&H pipes set you back i am considering getting some, how do you get on with a wof and noise levels

Meanie
22nd January 2007, 06:21
i took that piece off before it fell off,it developed a crack in it around 29k.had it welded but started cracking again at 34k.just need to remind the pillion not to rest their boot on the exaust while riding otherwise it burns the heel.:gob: the numbar plate has developed the same crack along the top where the nuts hold it on.still ok for now but needs attending to very soon:dodge:

Yea the joys of them V twins eh plenty of tourqe but just as much shakin

Cajun
22nd January 2007, 11:11
father in law lost 3 numberplate on his vn1500 in 2 years

heyjoe
22nd January 2007, 13:19
....Anywho murhf3 i love the meanstreak, cant get enough of riding her and she looks bloody awesome especialy with a few mods (i am just starting mine) How much did you V&H pipes set you back i am considering getting some, how do you get on with a wof and noise levels

Gday Meanie,

I am not sure if murhf3 still frequents the kb site. I think he may have sold his bike a while ago. It was one beautiful bike with lots of top notch aftermarket accessories. I think it was black or near black colour. I think I saw his bike on T/me quite some time ago but not sure whether it sold there or not.

I have only just begun what you are talking about (mods). Just got Cobra Slashdowns for the meanie just before Xmas. F**king awesome sound! Beautiful deep thump. May even be a bit loud for some. Need to ride it quietly in town. Have not had to go for wof yet and I am a little bit worried they may not like it. I have been looking into options to address this
though. The Cobras cost US$521.95 plus US$290 freight. Then NZ put NZ$161 GST onto it. No customs duty charges due to being a motorcycle exhaust part. I got my pipes direct from Westend Motorsports in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania, USA. Excellent service from them! website: http://www.westendmotorsports.com/

Do you still have stock exhaust on your meanie? What other mods do you have in mind?

Pumba
22nd January 2007, 21:21
Briliant Bike. The old man has one although he is considering changing:gob:. The problem he seams to run into is serious lack of ground clearence, in the 30,000 odd km he has owned it he has had to have the heat sheld rebuilt and replace a few low bolts on the frame (Bloody impresive to follow at night).

His has the Muzzy exhust system, K&N filter, & a Power comander, as well as a custom seat with the vulcan logo embroided in from the guys at Mcdonald auto trimers over in Tauranga.

If it went round corners faster I would seriously consider owning one.

Meanie
23rd January 2007, 18:24
Gday Meanie,
Do you still have stock exhaust on your meanie? What other mods do you have in mind?

Heyjoe2

I brought the meanie with mods done to it but am just starting to put my touches on her It already had the number plate put on the side of the bike down by the driveshaft, the indicators fixed on the back gaurd where helmet locks were which gives her the fat look from behind (cant beat a good lookin rear end :drool: )It has had the original air filters removed and another that no one can tell me what it is fitted and flames put on tank It also has had the seat recovered in white leather :sick: The leather is great but i hate the colour so i am off to Tauranga this year to have it reshaped to fit my butt a little better and have it put back to black again
It had a custom made 2 into 1 pipe when i brought her but was a little on the rough side so i brought an original set from a guy on the Kawasaki site in America and fitted them, Looks heaps better but i miss the sound a little so i am considering a set of V&H straight shots Only prob is thier maybe hassle with wof and allowed noise levels
I am going to have her repainted in the winter with a few special touches and get rid of them flames Ill post photos as it all happens

Meanie
23rd January 2007, 18:32
Briliant Bike. The old man has one although he is considering changing:gob:. The problem he seams to run into is serious lack of ground clearence, in the 30,000 odd km he has owned it he has had to have the heat sheld rebuilt and replace a few low bolts on the frame (Bloody impresive to follow at night).

His has the Muzzy exhust system, K&N filter, & a Power comander, as well as a custom seat with the vulcan logo embroided in from the guys at Mcdonald auto trimers over in Tauranga.

If it went round corners faster I would seriously consider owning one.

I had problems with ground clearance too and have just replaced my first heat shield however now that i am getting used to it and havnt scraped it for a while and have learnt to lean her over untill its just about touching
How does he like the seat i am thinking of going there to have mine done

Pumba
24th January 2007, 12:16
How does he like the seat i am thinking of going there to have mine done

He liked the change in seat overall but he does have a few small issues (nothing to do with quality of the job though). The isses are he got them to shape so it wasent such a reach to the handle bars, which they achieved spot on, but in doing so the distance to the foot pegs was reduced making is leg position slightly uncomfortable.

heyjoe
24th January 2007, 23:00
Has some forward controls been considered? They can add better stretch to the legs especially for taller people. I understand the Mapam ones add about 4 inches to the reach and the Jardine ones add about 6 inches. Both look better than stock pegs but they are not cheap to buy. I have read that the Jardine ones are a little bit higher as well.

heyjoe
24th January 2007, 23:17
Heyjoe2

I brought the meanie with mods done to it but am just starting to put my touches on her It already had the number plate put on the side of the bike down by the driveshaft, the indicators fixed on the back gaurd where helmet locks were which gives her the fat look from behind (cant beat a good lookin rear end :drool: )It has had the original air filters removed and another that no one can tell me what it is fitted and flames put on tank It also has had the seat recovered in white leather :sick: The leather is great but i hate the colour so i am off to Tauranga this year to have it reshaped to fit my butt a little better and have it put back to black again
It had a custom made 2 into 1 pipe when i brought her but was a little on the rough side so i brought an original set from a guy on the Kawasaki site in America and fitted them, Looks heaps better but i miss the sound a little so i am considering a set of V&H straight shots Only prob is thier maybe hassle with wof and allowed noise levels
I am going to have her repainted in the winter with a few special touches and get rid of them flames Ill post photos as it all happens

Thanks for that. I did a lot of research before deciding on the cobras and I really like them. It kept the original length of the stock pipes but the slashdown cut gives them just a nice finish. Of course the new sound speaks for itself. I've noticed the throttling feels a little more responsive. I look forward to hearing about your future changes.

T.W.R
24th January 2007, 23:17
Has some forward controls been considered? They can add better stretch to the legs especially for taller people. I understand the Mapam ones add about 4 inches to the reach and the Jardine ones add about 6 inches. Both look better than stock pegs but they are not cheap to buy. I have read that the Jardine ones are a little bit higher as well.

My mate has a 04 meanie with Jardine forward controls, nice comfortable positioning & look but he's started grinding the mounting plates already :yes: so they aren't that high.

Meanie; wouldn't worry to much about WOF issues with the V & H straight shots , Matt just had to get a new WOF and didn't have any trouble at all :yes: