PDA

View Full Version : ZUMWOHL Political Party

ZUMWOHL Party
28th July 2011, 11:09
I have been whinging for years about how the buggers in the Beehive have not got a clue about what they are doing, and listened to mates saying the same thing.

Four years ago I decided to stop whinging and got involved. I joined a major party, which will remain nameless, only to discover that the people involved were just focused on climbing the political ladder and feathering their own nests, rather then working for the people. As they say 'nothing ends well' and so here we are.

ZUMWOHL needs 500 financial members to be registered as a party that intends to contest the up-coming General Election. This means we need 500 eligible voters to fill in the attached membership form and pay a $5.00 party membership fee.
Now lets be honest, it’s all about a bit of fun, and your $5.00 membership fee will give you VIP entry to a ZUMWOHL party on the night of the election, and a FREE SHOT - provided the 500 threshold has been met.
On a serious note, there have been a number of things that have been pissing us off. To follow are a few of ZUMWOHL’s opinions.

ACC RE-THINK
We need to spread the ACC burden fairly amongst all users, especially high users such as cyclists, (12 cyclists killed in the space of a week) Cyclists are demanding huge infrastructure expenditure, to improve cycle ways, yet they pay no road user tax. We say if they want it, they can pay for it. Register the road user not the vehicle. All cyclists over the age of 18 who use public roads should pay an ACC levy and a road user tax.
By registering the user, it makes it fair to everyone. If you have more than one vehicle at home, you are only paying for the one you are riding/ driving, not the one parked in the garage.

REDUCTION IN PETROL TAX
GST should be removed from petrol, and all other taxes should be a fixed fee, rather than a percentage. The increased cost of crude oil or production does not mean we will travel more on the road, in fact it means we will travel less, so why are we paying more.

COMMONSENSE INFRASTRUCTURE
Short term thinking...creating long term problems.
The Sandhills Motorway is a proposal to change the route of New Zealand's State Highway One so it would cut through the heart of the Kapiti Coast communities - with destructive social, environmental, economic, historical, and cultural consequences.
243596:angry::angry2:ulf@zumwohl.co.nz (uf@zumwohl.co.nz)

Scuba_Steve
28th July 2011, 11:24
are you actually associated with the drink??? If so I'm in :D

thepom
28th July 2011, 18:31
Errr......forgive the pom...what does ZUMWOHL stand for?.......:bye:

oneofsix
28th July 2011, 18:36
Errr......forgive the pom...what does ZUMWOHL stand for?.......:bye:

health and wealth according to the drink makers web site. Don't see a lot of either in the OP. I see in the OP they have been sucked into the ACC blame game as well, and rather difficult to enforce. The only real way that ACC can work is to return to the original concept.

paturoa
28th July 2011, 18:37
So what are your biker policies?

James Deuce
28th July 2011, 19:17
I don't understand how the Sandhills thing is such a big deal.

Hitcher
28th July 2011, 19:25
The people who oppose the Sandhills thing are opposed to everything that involves change on the Kapiti Coast or who think that there may be some disgruntled voters that may switch allegiance to Labour if the whole thing gets canned. The expressway isn't about Kapiti. It's about a road of national significance that connects both islands end to end. It will provide a lot of benefits to the Kapiti region, not least of which will be a booming property market as it becomes easier for people to commute to Wellington.

As a biker who lives in Wellington, I'm sick to death of the congestion and grief associated with getting into and out of Wellington on SH1 at weekends, particularly holiday weekends. It will be great when I can just blast through the current gridlock and get north of Levin in less than an hour from home. I'm getting strangely aroused just thinking about this forthcoming bliss.

There's no way I'm going to vote for a deadhead gridlock party. Srsly.

Ocean1
28th July 2011, 20:00
As a biker who lives in Wellington, I'm sick to death of the congestion and grief associated with getting into and out of Wellington

Put that Suzuki on a diet and bung some knobs on it and I'll show you a far better way outa dodge.

ZUMWOHL Party
28th July 2011, 21:42
are you actually associated with the drink??? If so I'm in :D

Hey Dude, yes we are. After 9 years of Labour and there years of National I think we can all do with a stiff drink!:shit:

ZUMWOHL Party
28th July 2011, 21:46
health and wealth according to the drink makers web site. Don't see a lot of either in the OP. I see in the OP they have been sucked into the ACC blame game as well, and rather difficult to enforce. The only real way that ACC can work is to return to the original concept.

You are correct "Heath and wealth"
Re: ACC it's only as difficult as you want to make it. Why pay ACC on something that your not riding or driving? Unless it's just about the Govenment genterating income. Just register the driver, unless you have four legs you can only straddle one bike at a time. :yes:

ZUMWOHL Party
28th July 2011, 21:50
So what are your biker policies?

Sorry I should have made it more obvious. Reduction in ACC levy, reduction in Petrol tax and putting a straight four lanes through some buterful countryside.

James Deuce
28th July 2011, 21:54
and putting a straight four lanes through some buterful countryside.

Not voting for that. Utter anathema to a motorcyclist.

superman
28th July 2011, 22:02
ZUM WOHL is the German version of saying Good Health.

ZUMWOHL Party
28th July 2011, 22:02
The people who oppose the Sandhills thing are opposed to everything that involves change on the Kapiti Coast or who think that there may be some disgruntled voters that may switch allegiance to Labour if the whole thing gets canned. The expressway isn't about Kapiti. It's about a road of national significance that connects both islands end to end. It will provide a lot of benefits to the Kapiti region, not least of which will be a booming property market as it becomes easier for people to commute to Wellington.

As a biker who lives in Wellington, I'm sick to death of the congestion and grief
associated with getting into and out of Wellington on SH1 at weekends, particularly holiday weekends. It will be great when I can just blast through the current gridlock
and get north of Levin in less than an hour from home. I'm getting strangely
aroused just thinking about this forthcoming bliss.

There's no way I'm going to vote for a deadhead gridlock party. Srsly.

Dude, the only people sitting in traffic going through Kapiti, are those in car and those on a CanAm. If your on two wheels and taking more than an hour to get to Levin, you have got bigger issues than congestion! :yes:

cheshirecat
28th July 2011, 22:06
I like conjestion.

ZUMWOHL Party
28th July 2011, 22:09
I like conjestion.

Me too, keeps the cars where I can see them.

rastuscat
19th August 2011, 16:43
Not voting for that. Utter anathema to a motorcyclist.

Only to those who can spell anathema.