PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse riding

Mort
28th July 2011, 19:28
Just came across this quite hilarious youtube playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qi2sq94aKA&list=PL467A2492C0B9CBFF) put up by some guy who likes videoing sport bike riders in the US make complete tits out of themselves on a twisty road..

You'll see every riding error in the book in these videos (there's heaps of them):

Bad throttle control
Turning in too early
Chopping the throttle
hanging off too far
Too much throttle
Target fixation
etc
etc...

Text book stuff... Look, learn and laugh. (Especially the one who sees a cop and instantly falls off)

:corn:

sil3nt
28th July 2011, 19:41
Been a few threads on this. Good channel to watch :yes:

Check out the head on posted by someone else on the same bit of road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aHCXJhY_Y

DrunkenMistake
28th July 2011, 19:55
Almost every low slide is exactly the same, that slight wobble then BOOM,

the scooter was funny though

Katman
28th July 2011, 19:58
Clearly the road's fault.

wanpo
29th July 2011, 08:56
also it's Rnicky mouse, he's tricky ;)

I cringe everytime I see a beauty of a bike going down.

nodrog
29th July 2011, 09:05
I think he must be putting desiel on the corners. Or are Americans just that fuckin useless?

One stupid cunt rides off the road at about 3kph, had plenty of time to sort the situation (reminded me of the guy that gets run over by a steamroller in that Austin Powers movie), and still manages to jam his bike under the armco.

Quasievil
29th July 2011, 09:15
Clearly the road's fault.

Here we go

avgas
29th July 2011, 09:26
Heh thats nothing. You should see the born-agains on the new triumphs on the Coro loop.

Grasshopperus
29th July 2011, 09:59
Has anyone here actually ridden that bit of road? Is it as difficult as those guys make it seem? It looks like that second corner gets tighter as you're going through it.

But yeah, heaps of lol SRs

wanpo
29th July 2011, 11:52
Has anyone here actually ridden that bit of road? Is it as difficult as those guys make it seem? It looks like that second corner gets tighter as you're going through it.

I know Gremlin mentioned he did some of Mulholland drive, said he didn't see any crashes, so he probably turned off before that corner

KiWiP
29th July 2011, 13:57

Not ridden it but lots of forums discuss the technicality of it. Also the surface is very variable with greasy bits and blown dust/sand over it. One of the vids shows the same rider going round 5 times then on the sixth looooowsiiiide....
The 'professional' riders call the weekend warriors "squids" haha

But if you want to put money on someone coming off watch this one
http://youtu.be/cmHK0XFCPVI

hazard02
31st July 2011, 15:01
I'm sure nearly every person riding that road knows there are cameras constantly posted on that corner. Point a camera at someone and they'll always behave differently.
In this case, everyone one wants to show just how great they are at riding their shiny new bikes really fast, and how great their cornering technOH SHIT LOWSIDE!!!1!

Smifffy
31st July 2011, 15:55
It's a 15 mph corner, and they are going around with knee down?

The guy in the car was amusing, cocked it up big time, then tried to cover by being even more of a dick and got himself into more trouble.

Staggering that the guy used a large extinguisher and couldn't put out the burning bike, yet when it was well ablaze the firefighter used the same sized extinguisher and snuffed it.

DEATH_INC.
31st July 2011, 16:09
It looks pretty slick, no-one seems to be pushing very hard at all.

Renegade
31st July 2011, 20:18
Not ridden it but lots of forums discuss the technicality of it. Also the surface is very variable with greasy bits and blown dust/sand over it. One of the vids shows the same rider going round 5 times then on the sixth looooowsiiiide....
The 'professional' riders call the weekend warriors "squids" haha

But if you want to put money on someone coming off watch this one
http://youtu.be/cmHK0XFCPVI

hilarious!!

rastuscat
31st July 2011, 20:30
Lucky the CHP popo was there when the dick binned his Ninja. Always good to have someone else to blame.

Shadows
31st July 2011, 23:09
Lucky the CHP popo was there when the dick binned his Ninja. Always good to have someone else to blame.

What cracked me up was how he waited for the rider to tidy up his own mess before getting out of the car.

Metastable
1st August 2011, 16:11
That corner is notorious for crashes. They set shop there and there is actually at least 1 guy that makes money from selling photographs of anyone that goes past. What gets me is the number of highsides or lowsides caused by too much throttle (back tire losing grip). Grip levels have to be pretty low compared to many other places.

racefactory
1st August 2011, 19:38
Even 215crew has bailed on this corner, he's one of the most regular riders down there. Apparently it's got a lot less grip and has a lot of hard to see dust and bumps. Great corner to set up a camera!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kilCR05F8SA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quasievil
3rd August 2011, 07:32
Nice big hole in his pants, bet he wears leather next time