PDA

View Full Version : ??????????????

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 09:18
well
:confused:

I have no idea how to explain the events of yesterday.....I am still stunned.

$450.00 fine for DIC
$130.00 court costs
$230.00 for speeding (issued seperately, nothing to do with court yesterday)

didn't lose my licence

knees unexplicably trembled while I was standing in the dock (didn't expect that...) duty solicitor was obviously way toooooo talented to be hanging out in Puke...

I am now officially "one drink Girlygirl"

and I can get my licence and ride bikes

YAY, YAY, F_CKEN YAY

Squiggles
7th July 2005, 09:24
and they didnt take your license....woh

ManDownUnder
7th July 2005, 09:26
On one hand I REALLY don't like the DIC thing, and on the other hand the court has all the facts, I don't and that's the decision they made so...

good luck paying off your fines, and go for gold with the licence!:clap:
MDU

zadok
7th July 2005, 09:28
I presume you are happy with the result?
Let that be a lesson learnt 'girly'.

XTC
7th July 2005, 09:31
Ithink most of us would have driven after having had a wee bit too much without even realising it. I will not throw stones on this one....

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 09:34
I presume you are happy with the result?
Let that be a lesson learnt 'girly'.

whip my arse with a wet teatowel

(well I'll leave that to stifarms...)

I, who is not normally lost for a word or twenty, am pretty much lost for words

I watched people before me get spanked

I must be really really really s'posed to be a biker or sumfing

fuck knows

XTC
7th July 2005, 09:37
whip my arse with a wet teatowel

(well I'll leave that to stifarms...)

I, who is not normally lost for a word or twenty, am pretty much lost for words

I watched people before me get spanked

I must be really really really s'posed to be a biker or sumfing

fuck knows
I'll spank you if you pay me...... :o

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 09:37
MDU

Funny was standing in line behind ten odd people who wanted to pay their fine off like over 25 years and I rock up and pay in full, am pretty sure that the lady had not come across that before by the way she looked at me

MSTRS
7th July 2005, 09:39
Very lucky. Or the bribery worked?

ajturbo
7th July 2005, 09:39
one hell of a let off there!!

hope you don't for get it in a hurry

but you got away with it... :Punk: :Punk: :Punk:
you were judged, and that is the end!
get out there and enjoy the freedom!!!!!

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 09:41
I'll spank you if you pay me...... :o

HAHA

*think simpsons*

ManDownUnder
7th July 2005, 09:46
Funny was standing in line behind ten odd people who wanted to pay their fine off like over 25 years and I rock up and pay in full, am pretty sure that the lady had not come across that before by the way she looked at me

Now THAT impresses me.

Good on ya - you did the crime... you did your time (or paid pennance anyway)... far as I'm concerned... it's a done deal - relegated to history

...on with the spankings...:whistle:
MDU

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 10:04
Funny also was the number of people appearing for 'sustained loss of traction'

they take it really seriously

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 10:36
Very lucky. Or the bribery worked?

i really just don't know, don't buy lotto but might look at buying one this weekend.....

:devil2:

Motu
7th July 2005, 10:41
I reckon a close call in anything teaches better than going the whole way - crashing for example.I think it will be the same for your DIC,you'll be more carefull than if you lost your licence.

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 10:46
I reckon a close call in anything teaches better than going the whole way - crashing for example.I think it will be the same for your DIC,you'll be more carefull than if you lost your licence.

You are not wrong.

Have already clipped the top speed back to 105km p/h and I now actually fully stop at stop signs.....funny that I had never considered that you must in fact stop at stop signs.....

demerit points are foremost in my mind when driving now...

vifferman
7th July 2005, 11:02
I now actually fully stop at stop signs.....funny that I had never considered that you must in fact stop at stop signs.....
I'm very pleased to hear it!

A pet hate of mine is people who fail to stop at stop signs or traffic lights. Has a lot to do with me buying my first bike from a girl who spent a VERY long time recuperating from the results of someone who routinely ignored stop signs.
Leg broken in 6 places, plaster up to her chest for months, then full leg cast for a few more, then calipers, then walking with a stick....
She stayed in our house while in the leg cast, and it wasn't nice for her.

Oh yeah - the SerialStopSignIgnorer got a $40 fine...

placidfemme
7th July 2005, 11:15
Oh yeah - the SerialStopSignIgnorer got a $40 fine...

That really sucks...

skidz
7th July 2005, 11:18
Good on ya. Wish my luck was like yours.

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 11:20
Good on ya. Wish my luck was like yours.

what happened?

T.I.E
7th July 2005, 11:21
nice work. you got through excellent work.
and keep a low profile now. your in the system careful.
but nice work

Lou Girardin
7th July 2005, 12:47
Amazing! I thought disqualification was mandatory unless there were special circumstances.
You lucky, lucky, lucky...........................lucky thing.

marty
7th July 2005, 12:51
very surprising, unless your lawyer claimed that being disqualified was unreasonable. disqualification is a mandatory sentence, unless there are exceptional circumstances, and you would have to argue those circumstances. hey - if you didn't get disq. then good on ya, but i'd have another look at the sentence handed, as in my experience (over 1000 eba convictions) i can only think of 1 that didn't get the full 6 months.

Sparky Bills
7th July 2005, 12:51
Funny was standing in line behind ten odd people who wanted to pay their fine off like over 25 years

:rofl: BEEN THERE! :Punk:

Must be fate that you got to keep riding.

enigma51
7th July 2005, 12:54
Good to hear you still have your license! Wrong place wrong time at least you got only slapped on the wrist!!

madboy
7th July 2005, 13:02
Funny also was the number of people appearing for 'sustained loss of traction'Amazing how sustained loss of traction is not necessarily a dangerous act, but my God you'd think you'd just killed someone when you're busted for it. I've just bought another rear wheel drive after a three year break (pre-sustained loss/impoundment bollocks), so I'm a lot more careful about what playful antics I engage in now.

DIC is my pet hate, like bastards who don't indicate, but obviously there were some circumstances there that we aren't privy to.

Your DIC escape from disq... my God - I wouldn't have paid the fines up front nor bought a lotto ticket - I would put all however many hundred bucks into buying multiple lotto tickets!

HDTboy
7th July 2005, 13:22
There's a little CBR250 at Holeshot on barrys point Rd :D
Congrarulations on keeping your license

Beemer
7th July 2005, 14:31
I am absolutely amazed you didn't lose your licence as I too thought it was an automatic loss of licence for DIC. How you managed to get off with just a fine is totally beyond me, but I bet you are very relieved.

Have already clipped the top speed back to 105km p/h and I now actually fully stop at stop signs.....funny that I had never considered that you must in fact stop at stop signs.....

Unfortunately those comments didn't impress me too much - okay, we probably all speed at times, but you obviously regularly exceed the speed limit if you have lowered your top speed back to 105. And you fully stop at stop signs! Well done! I hope one day you don't meet your former self as you pass a stop sign and get collected.

I don't think demerit points would be foremost in my mind, I like to think it would be "am I driving safely and not putting anyone else's life in danger?" Unless you start thinking along those lines, then you haven't learned anything from your experience and that would be a shame. Being able to buy a bike because you DIDN'T lose your licence is not really cause for celebrating. :nono:

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 15:32
I am absolutely amazed you didn't lose your licence as I too thought it was an automatic loss of licence for DIC. How you managed to get off with just a fine is totally beyond me, but I bet you are very relieved.

Unfortunately those comments didn't impress me too much - okay, we probably all speed at times, but you obviously regularly exceed the speed limit if you have lowered your top speed back to 105. And you fully stop at stop signs! Well done! I hope one day you don't meet your former self as you pass a stop sign and get collected.

I don't think demerit points would be foremost in my mind, I like to think it would be "am I driving safely and not putting anyone else's life in danger?" Unless you start thinking along those lines, then you haven't learned anything from your experience and that would be a shame. Being able to buy a bike because you DIDN'T lose your licence is not really cause for celebrating. :nono:

AGGGHHHH

Okay, you are right. I must be careful to indicate when I am not being serious, I have a bit of a different funny bone, and people don't always get me when I am not being serious in person either.

I obviously have not spent my life not stopping at stop signs, but I can admit that on occassion I have perhaps not quite stopped, and I will be ensuring that that never happens again! And for the speed thing, I was also being a smart arse, I will be doing the limit wherever I drive from now on, full flippin stop.
Although you do realise that the average speed on Aucklands Southern MWay is about 110km p/h (that is when it's not being used as a carpark)

:yes:

vifferman
7th July 2005, 15:57
Amazing how sustained loss of traction is not necessarily a dangerous act, but my God you'd think you'd just killed someone when you're busted for it.
Too many laws for stupid things like this.

enigma51
7th July 2005, 16:03
What are you all on here??? Patting someone on the back for this let off?

I read this bit and thought... (coupla swear words) hmph, ok i dont know all the facts, but you still drove with excess breath alcohol. Irresponsible, at the least I thought.

Then I read this bit and it confirmed my initial thought.

I'm holding back a bit cause I know stifarms and he's a good bloke so girlygirl must be ok too.
I know I have just been done for speeding, but I think its a different kettle of fish than DIC

There is more to the story

_Gina_
7th July 2005, 16:06
I'm holding back a bit cause I know stifarms and he's a good bloke so girlygirl must be ok too.

Yes, I am (ok). There were special circumstances, and the judge took them into consideration, which is why the outcome was what it was.

I think I may stop sharing info and start talkin shite like...umm....Mikey.

: )

Lou Girardin
7th July 2005, 16:40
What are you all on here??? Patting someone on the back for this let off?

I know I have just been done for speeding, but I think its a different kettle of fish than DIC

With all due respect, 240 k's in a 100 limit as against slightly over the EBA limit?

I know which I think seems of more immediate danger.

BTW. One of our customers was telling me today of losing his licence for 6 months for doing a burnout in an empty pub carpark during the day. He was reported by a citizen, cops weren't present.
You'd be unlucky to get that much for failing to give way and causing a crash.
It's an upside down world. alright.

Beemer
7th July 2005, 16:47
We'll let you off - this time! It is hard to know if people are taking the Michael on this forum, and your comments did come across a tad glib.

With the charge being DIC, I think a lot of sympathy evaporated - most of us exceed the speed limit at times, but DIC is another matter. A little bit of "I don't know how or why I got off but, boy it has taught me a lesson" may have gone down better! Or even just coming out and saying "the judge was lenient on me because..." so we could understand the circumstances. Most of the times DIC charges attract a loss of licence so you are very lucky.

Now on your way, young lassie, and obey them road rules!

surfchick
7th July 2005, 16:58
Now on your way, young lassie, and obey them road rules!
and just how obedient to road rules is beemer meeming on her nu goose...now I know your thoughts on DIC so that leaves... :devil2: :devil2:

bu the way GG, ii used to surf with alot of the girls that compete here and a fair few of them got done for DIC which drove me nuts that they drank & drove...but i think the attude it takes to ride bikes, to surf and do generally risky things also makes us do dumb things too... stoked to hear you got frieked out by the whole thing and will back off the gas & ditch the martini & keys combo...

Beemer
7th July 2005, 17:10
and just how obedient to road rules is beemer meeming on her nu goose...now I know your thoughts on DIC so that leaves... :devil2: :devil2:

Beemer is being a good girl - right now she is still too crook to ride, so the bike is behaving itself in the garage (as far as I know...) - but since I got it I have been pretty law-abiding! For a start, it isn't even run in yet, so I don't want to risk wrecking it by winding that throttle too hard.

I think GG was probably so elated at not having the book thrown at her that she got carried away in her excitement about sharing the news! We'll let her have one mistake on her record - at least she didn't cause an accident and harm some innocent person. And I think she probably has learned her lesson. :yes:

surfchick
7th July 2005, 17:16
but since I got it I have been pretty law-abiding! For a start, it isn't even run in yet, so I don't want to risk wrecking it by winding that throttle too hard.
te he he now beemer there's something WRONG with this picture. you've had that bike for months now and its not run in- you OK- sick? if so i hope you mend well and run that thing in so you can tell us some twistie stories :devil2: :devil2:

ManDownUnder
7th July 2005, 17:21
...you've had that bike for months now and its not run in-

... tsk tsk tsk...

tell you what - it's a waste of a perfectly good bike if you can't ride it proper, and to do that it needs breaking in... so I'll *selflessly* volunteer.

Can't say fairer than that now can I?

let's see, 10 or 12 thousand k's should be enough? Some at higher speeds of course just make sure everything is good and worked in (I have a mechanical background y'know - so I'm quite the authority on such things) :whistle:

MDU

DingDong
7th July 2005, 17:43
drunk drivers kill people :oi-grr:

...but we've all a little of it, congats :clap: but remember... luck runs out :thud:

Ixion
7th July 2005, 18:21
Let him that is without sin cast the first stone. Glad it worked out (relatively) well for you

Two Smoker
7th July 2005, 19:22
With all due respect, 240 k's in a 100 limit as against slightly over the EBA limit?

But as girlygirl said, we dont know all the circumstances... For instance, early in the morning on a deserted northern motorway....

But i do find it hard to believe the difference in fines etc... For instance, for going around a corner at 130kmh with my knee down and no one around me, then slowing, merging with traffic at 110kmh, continue along motorway at 110kmh, then lane split legally whilst traffic is stopped, and i get charged with Dangerous Driving and Failing to stop for red and blues (never saw them, or heard the siren due to earplugs)... My possible punishment... At least 6 months disqualification and multiples of thousands of dollars worth of fines...

So what does that teach me??? Im quite happy to be fined or charged, but not with the said charges. I admit to doing wrong, but not that much wrong.. If i get done with Dangerous Driving, that could hurt my possibilities of getting into the police...

Beemer
7th July 2005, 20:57
... tsk tsk tsk...

tell you what - it's a waste of a perfectly good bike if you can't ride it proper, and to do that it needs breaking in... so I'll *selflessly* volunteer.

Can't say fairer than that now can I?

let's see, 10 or 12 thousand k's should be enough? Some at higher speeds of course just make sure everything is good and worked in (I have a mechanical background y'know - so I'm quite the authority on such things) :whistle:

MDU

You are all out of luck, my husband has volunteered many times but he's out of luck in this area as well! I have been busy working (to pay for said bike!) over the past few months and time has just slipped away from me. In my defence, the BMW had 1200kms on it the first week I got it! I got it in April but was working steadily for the next two months (and we had crap weather) and now the weather has been good, I have had a cold for weeks. Just my luck... As my husband just pointed out, it won't do very well in our club's economy run at the end of this month if it's not run in, so expect to see it on the roads in the next few weeks! I have to defend my trophy - it's been mine for the past two years on the BMW - which is now banned... :no: and I ain't giving it up now! Besides, they didn't say my husband couldn't ride the BMW - they said I couldn't - so we may take out the trophy either way!

spudchucka
8th July 2005, 06:31
I would suggest that you double check your licence status before you drive. EBA carries a mandatory minimum 6 month disqualification. The court doesn't have discretion on this unless there are special circumstances and in my experience this only gets you a discount on the disqualification, (ie: 4 months instead of the mandatory 6).

You don't want to get picked up driving while disqualified, even if you weren't later convicted, the hassle you will go through isn't worth it.

Check your licence status with the LTSA and with the Courts.

My advice, for what its worth.

_Gina_
8th July 2005, 09:18
Just to be clear;

I was standing in the dock (knees shaking) and it was clear that I did not lose my licence, but I do understand how rare this is, I also spoke with the officer and duty solicitor after about it and how god damn lucky I am.
I was worried about the safety of a loved person and went after him, I would not have ever driven otherwise. All of the persons involved (in court) found that my circumstances were very unusual.
I realise that there is no more luck out there for me. I have taken my quota.
I feel for people that do not/did not have the understanding of their situation which may or maynot have been as special as mine.
Hope this helps.

'stifarmsgg'

hmmm might change my handle.........

crazylittleshit
8th July 2005, 09:22
On one hand I REALLY don't like the DIC thing, and on the other hand the court has all the facts, I don't and that's the decision they made so...

MDU
Dido :clap:

enigma51
8th July 2005, 09:26
But as girlygirl said, we dont know all the circumstances... For instance, early in the morning on a deserted northern motorway....

But i do find it hard to believe the difference in fines etc... For instance, for going around a corner at 130kmh with my knee down and no one around me, then slowing, merging with traffic at 110kmh, continue along motorway at 110kmh, then lane split legally whilst traffic is stopped, and i get charged with Dangerous Driving and Failing to stop for red and blues (never saw them, or heard the siren due to earplugs)... My possible punishment... At least 6 months disqualification and multiples of thousands of dollars worth of fines...

So what does that teach me??? Im quite happy to be fined or charged, but not with the said charges. I admit to doing wrong, but not that much wrong.. If i get done with Dangerous Driving, that could hurt my possibilities of getting into the police...

When did this happen?

Lou Girardin
8th July 2005, 09:38
It's amazing how public attitude to EBA has changed. In my time in the MOT most people who blew just over the limit were not, by any stretch of the imagination, pissed.
I was as surprised as many of the drivers stopped for a lighting offence or similar, when they blew a positive test. Their driving was not at fault at all. So people must have less tolerance for alcohol these days or our testing gear was much more sensitive then.(Which I doubt)

_Gina_
8th July 2005, 09:41
[QUOTE=Lou Girardin]It's amazing how public attitude to EBA has changed. In my time in the MOT most people who blew just over the limit were not, by any stretch of the imagination, pissed.
QUOTE]

I think it's the marketing media campaign working well.
Also cars are much more powerfull these days which tends to make much more of a mess when things go wrong....

vifferman
8th July 2005, 09:56
Dido :clap:
Que?
The singer girlie?

Or did you mean "ditto" ? :spudwhat: