PDA

View Full Version : AX joins Auckland Adventure Riders

Hanne
3rd August 2011, 11:34
Today my bike is sitting in the garage, very smug. Covered in mud splatters, she is not exactly elegant. That doesn’t matter because after Sunday’s gravel adventure ride she feels like a real bike and is wearing the grime like a badge, skiting to the neighbouring fxr about her countryside antics. The fact that Poppy the AX100 is dirtier than the DR650 has nothing to do with her proximity to the ground and everything to do with her intrepid nature, according to the yarns she spins. This afternoon it will be time for a bath, so I’ll let her bask in her gravelly glory a little longer…

This weekend's yarn, as narrated by the wee suzuki, is now on the KiwiRider Zine (http://kiwiridermagazine.blogspot.com/2011/08/ax-does-adventure.html)

Night Falcon
3rd August 2011, 17:48
Nice write up....makes me want to think up a name for the 690. hummm "katie" na...to girly....orange boy....no that dosnt work either....Athol is good stout name :facepalm:

Cary
4th August 2011, 20:23
My first bike was a brand spanking new AX100, prolly still going :yes:

Always hoped the exhaust note would get deeper, didn't :facepalm:

Back then gravel got in the way of a perfectly good road.........

fridayflash
4th August 2011, 21:01
my 1st bike was a suzuki ac50 (not so new) the little brother to the ax100, bikes of that size are good fun on gravel regardless of what tyres you run

have lotsa fun!!

GPS MAN
5th August 2011, 17:26
My first bike was a Honda SL 100, Green!:yes: I don't know if I have ever been happier to get a new motorcycle! Remember When:drinkup:

That looks like fun
5th August 2011, 18:35
Kawasaki G5 :scooter: Oh the memorys :woohoo: Riding barefoot on the sand :love: