PDA

View Full Version : Front loader washing machine moving about?

JimO
3rd August 2011, 19:11
we have a new front loader and the cnut creeps about on the floor when its spinning, what can i do to stop this, i thought about winding it up at the front slightly so that it heads to the wall instead of out the door??

DrunkenMistake
3rd August 2011, 19:23
we have a new front loader and the cnut creeps about on the floor when its spinning, what can i do to stop this, i thought about winding it up at the front slightly so that it heads to the wall instead of out the door??

Is it sitting level? ours sits a little off level but its a top loader, and it rocks its way towards the lean..

Nail gun it to the wall?

DrunkenMistake
3rd August 2011, 19:27
Or throw a brick at it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dzVsBs2o

JimO
3rd August 2011, 19:27
im pretty sure the floor is level so the machine may be sitting slightly off, i will check when i can be arsed heading out to the truck to get a level

steve_t
3rd August 2011, 19:30
Yeah, I think this normally happens when one of the legs/feet isn't wound down enough and the machine is essentially rocking on 3 feet diagonally. Try to make sure the weight is evenly distributed across all 4 corners

MIXONE
3rd August 2011, 19:33
Superglue...

Smokin
4th August 2011, 13:30
A small wood strip tacked onto the floor in front of the feet or a rubber door wedge perhaps.

willytheekid
4th August 2011, 13:38
......what can i do to stop this

:facepalm:NOTHING!....don't touch ya missus work gear :killingme

(would you like her tuning your lawnmower?? lol)

ps:My wash machine does the same bloody thing!, very annoying! & tried everything to stop it "walking" around the house.

george formby
4th August 2011, 13:44
:facepalm:NOTHING!....don't touch ya missus work gear :killingme

(would you like her tuning your lawnmower?? lol)

ps:My wash machine does the same bloody thing!, very annoying! & tried everything to stop it "walking" around the house.

Not only the washing machine but the lawnmower belongs to my missus.

Check your load (oh er missus) if the load is not balanced it creates a lot of vibration. I'm guessing it only does it on the spin cycle. Also check it has the obligatory block of concrete in the base.

If all else fails you can stick a suction cup dildo on top to take the washer womans mind off it.

Hellzie
4th August 2011, 13:47
You may be overloading it is the other possibility... I find mine moves around lots more if it's too full.