PDA

View Full Version : Fancy going to Phillip Island?

codgyoleracer
5th August 2011, 12:08
The Phillip Island Classic is on in January 21st - 23rd or (27 -29th ?) 2012, Contact Andy on 021 0481029 if your keen on packing your kit & becoming an "international" racer. Andy & his wife are getting together a shipment of bikes/riders for the event.
Dont miss out on representing Godzown.

malcy25
5th August 2011, 14:04
aye......I think I'll give it another crack!

You cannot under estimate how good the circuit and event is. EVEYONE who has an eligible postie bike needs to do this at some point in their racing life. (It just seems I've done it more than most!)

Even if you do not want to ride and have a good pre 82 bike that you want to put a good rider on, get hold of Andy and Julie.

This is the biggest motorcycle road racing event in the southern hemisphere outside of Motogp and SBK. 20,000 punters over the weekend.

Make sure you pack your "A game!"

malcy25
5th August 2011, 14:08
Note date correction. PI mgmt confirmed dates are

Jan 27-29 not 21-23.

codgyoleracer
5th August 2011, 14:18
aye......I think I'll give it another crack!

You cannot under estimate how good the circuit and event is. EVEYONE who has an eligible postie bike needs to do this at some point in their racing life. (It just seems I've done it more than most!)

Even if you do not want to ride and have a good pre 82 bike that you want to put a good rider on, get hold of Andy and Julie.

This is the biggest motorcycle road racing event in the southern hemisphere outside of Motogp and SBK. 20,000 punters over the weekend.

Make sure you pack your "A game!"

I keep hearing all these great stories about this event, sounds awesome.

malcy25
5th August 2011, 14:43
Some reading on the 2010 trip...

Part 1
http://www.amcc.org.nz/uploads/richassets/NewsletterMay2010.pdf
part 2

http://www.amcc.org.nz/uploads/richassets/NewsletterJun2010.pdf

codgyoleracer
5th August 2011, 15:28
Some reading on the 2010 trip...

Part 1
http://www.amcc.org.nz/uploads/richassets/NewsletterMay2010.pdf
part 2

http://www.amcc.org.nz/uploads/richassets/NewsletterJun2010.pdf

Nice write up!, Sad to hear Ken Wooton passed on the other day though aye. Respects to friends & family.

malcy25
5th August 2011, 15:43
Yeah, gonna miss the old bugger. Got on pretty well with him over the years and had some great fun and practical jokes with him.

You need to get there.....:yes:

codgyoleracer
5th August 2011, 16:05
Yeah, gonna miss the old bugger. Got on pretty well with him over the years and had some great fun and practical jokes with him.

You need to get there.....:yes:

Its in the long term plan, but Ime still paying my penance locally at the mo.....:facepalm:

sharky
5th August 2011, 16:46
So when are they gunna let Pre '89s in:innocent:

codgyoleracer
5th August 2011, 16:54

Hmmm , Yes i wonder..........

malcy25
5th August 2011, 19:18
Dunno, they have a shit load of bikes filling the place for pre 82 and earlier at present

PeteJ
9th August 2011, 20:42
Hi, Al

Lindsay and I're thinking about it at present. The big CB is finished (again...), testing in a couple of weeks.

Maybe getting a TZ over to MDL, as well.

WTF about Wootton?????

Cheers

PJ

Peter Smith
17th August 2011, 15:52

The Bary Sheene Festival at Eastern Creek has pre'89s.
from memory there is a class for those slow 400's. :laugh:

sharky
17th August 2011, 17:55

Are they shouting us over again this season?

sharky
17th August 2011, 17:56

Didn't one of those slow 400's beat you at Hampton Downs last time out:drinkup:

Peter Smith
17th August 2011, 21:34
Are they shouting us over again this season?

I'm pretty sure they will. It not till April next year.
re: Hampton, everyone was beating me, the fast bike was in AUS and the spare bike handled like a loose jandal.:violin:

malcy25
19th August 2011, 08:23
Hi, Al

Lindsay and I're thinking about it at present. The big CB is finished (again...), testing in a couple of weeks.

Maybe getting a TZ over to MDL, as well.

WTF about Wootton?????

Cheers

PJ

Wootton dying was a real pisser. I sent a note over on Sunday night and Fergus read it his memorial service on Monday which was cool. 400+ people attended.

Yehar - get a bike going! Hoping Syd C from Te Anau will get his Bakker there as well so won;t be only Honda!

TZ to MDL - yup, get onto that too - I have my 350 as a bare frame so chasing the clock too....

malcy25
19th August 2011, 08:25
I'm pretty sure they will. It not till April next year.
re: Hampton, everyone was beating me, the fast bike was in AUS and the spare bike handled like a loose jandal.:violin:

HD is a kart track anyway....