PDA

View Full Version : Postie is posting

Postie
7th July 2005, 13:56
Howdy all, Bugjuice has finally convinced me to join the crew,so here i am Sam.
happy to be here and although i don't have a bike at the moment because i seem to destroy them when i do, i'm still well in the scene. I work at Protecta insurance but i don't do motorcycle claims, so anyone who has had a hard time with Protecta, don't hate me 'cos i work here, just find another reason. On the up side, i'm happy to help with any insurance questions wether your with Protecta or someone else.
To clear things up before they get messy. I'm not a post man, post woman, postal worker or a post-it-note pad. I aquired the nick name at work after crashing out and karate kicking a sign post to death in December last year, in the process also breaking my lower leg in 4 places, still the post won't stand in my way again......... i am the mighty Postie

by the way, the dog in the picture is free to a good home......

bugjuice
7th July 2005, 14:03
postie+?
that's what I see anyway :p
long time comin, but glad you're here bro..

btw, and an xray his leg on the day is here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12273). It's just an xray, but it's a bit ouchy. Not grusome tho. You can't see the split in his shin, or the muscle tissue, or the tendants, or the bones etc.. like I did..

edit - bollow. speedy, how'd ya post in front?!?! he's a bit more than a mate tho ;)

HDTboy
7th July 2005, 14:09
he's a bit more than a mate tho ;)
Oh yeah? better take his name off the X-ray pic bug or there'll be no nookie for you
Welcome postie

bugjuice
7th July 2005, 14:16
Well that confirms it then. Kelly is definatly just a cover for more sinister goings on.
Maybe white trash was right after all. Kawasaki's are for your type.
:blink: :gob:
not even worth a come back (cos there's so many, and it could get nasty..)..
slow tl rider..

bugjuice
7th July 2005, 14:32
Dude... remove his name and hospital number from the x-ray.
fine
:yes: :no: :oi-grr: :clap: :ride: :weird: :devil2: :wait: :whistle: :whocares:
10 character requirement

Beemer
7th July 2005, 14:45
What a coincidence, I've just cancelled my policy with Protecta and gone with AA! I insured the Beemer through them when I got it but didn't bother to read the fine print and only found out recently (thankfully not when making a claim!) that my excess was 25% of the sum insured - ouch! Plus they wouldn't allow me to drop the sum insured to reflect the market value - UNTIL the next policy renewal in November! AA can offer a policy for virtually the same price, but with only a $300 excess - yippee!

Hope you're on a bike again soon - but no karate kicking signs to death, it's not a good thing to be doing! :nono:

Waylander
7th July 2005, 14:52
Welcome Postie.

Bugjuice, so this is the mate you were refering to here? (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=281025&postcount=10)

bugjuice
7th July 2005, 14:52
Welcome Postie.

Bugjuice, so this is the mate you were refering to here? (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=281025&postcount=10)
yup twas...

zadok
7th July 2005, 14:54
Welcome to K.B, Postie. That dog should kick his habit. :whistle:

White trash
7th July 2005, 15:25
Welcome Postie. Although any mate of Buggys is definitely somone to be questioned. However, being the bloody good bloke that I am, I shall reserve judgement untill we meet. If on the off chance you buy a Gixxer before then, you will have solidly destroyed my belief that all Kits mates are homos. A fine accomplishment I'm sure you'll agree.

(How was that Speedmedic?)

Postie
7th July 2005, 15:31
Cheers for the welcome aboard KB comrades. I should probably mention that the last bike i sent to Honda heaven was BugJuice's once loved CBR250RR, he sold it the day before but we decided on one last ride before it went, just to make sure she was running ok..... but when i take a bike for one last ride, i mean it :Punk:
Beemer, your right about the excess, its sucks. i got stung for 25% and i work here, i bitched and moaned but its our underwriters that screwed me..... big ups :motu:
your right about the dog kicking the habbit Zadok, once it knicked my morphene it wouldn't let go...... :devil2:

FROSTY
7th July 2005, 15:57
OHH FUCK--abandon hope all ye that enter here --its another friggin BJ
Now to clear the post kicking incident up --The posts side of the story is a bit different -The post says you kicked it once then cried like a baby and lay down on the grass screaming -:my leg my leg, that nasty ol post picked on my leg" Ohh and it also said that it laughed at your efforts.
Taht was a fine effort destroying the mighty CBR
Anyhoo--welcolm bro of BJ --may you hang around so I can give ya as much stick as I do ya big? brother . :devil2: :devil2:

Biff
7th July 2005, 17:22
Welcome. :drinkup:

Pathos
7th July 2005, 21:52
Howdy, I'm probably going to get insurance with Protecta soon. About the only insurance company worth going for on a Learners.

sels1
7th July 2005, 22:21
Welcome aboard the site Postie

Flyingpony
7th July 2005, 22:29
i am the mighty Postie

by the way, the dog in the picture is free to a good home......

Welcome to Kiwi Biker Postie!

Free to a good home :whistle:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/customavatars/avatar3299_1.gif
OMG, is that dog for real!
See what's in it's mouth!
And it has got red eyes!
(as he quickly runs for the hills).

Jabez
8th July 2005, 10:12
Welcome to the site Postie..:)

Beemer
8th July 2005, 11:57
Howdy, I'm probably going to get insurance with Protecta soon. About the only insurance company worth going for on a Learners.

I'd do a bit of ringing around first, Pathos. I don't know how old you are, but you're only riding a 150 so it's not like they'd sting you too much. When I learned to ride I had a 150 and had it insured with AMI - cost me about $240 a year and had a $500 excess I think.

Protecta have good prices (especially for BMWs) but their excess is 25% of the sum insured - something to keep in mind. No one plans on having to claim, but if you drop the bike and damage the fairing, that 25% could be worth way more than the repairs.

yungatart
9th July 2005, 16:46
welcome to the site Postie. They are ll nuts in here tho. Loved your xray piccy. I'd say you're lucky it was an obvious break, my experience of broken bones is that it takes them a week (or more) to decide its broken no dithering around with yours tho