PDA

View Full Version : Bike required for January

magoo1
8th August 2011, 08:03
Hello everyone, name is Ivor.....currently in the uk, but will be visiting NZ in January for hols. Thought this would be the best way to meet like minded peeps, and do a ride out or two. Will be after a cheap bike for the rides, so what have you in your garage thats collecting dust. Will be staying for 5 weeks so even a private rental would be considered. Advise on insurance would be useful too guys. Cheers!

sinfull
8th August 2011, 08:19
Hello everyone, name is Ivor.....currently in the uk, but will be visiting NZ in January for hols. Thought this would be the best way to meet like minded peeps, and do a ride out or two. Will be after a cheap bike for the rides, so what have you in your garage thats collecting dust. Will be staying for 5 weeks so even a private rental would be considered. Advise on insurance would be useful too guys. Cheers!

Keep in touch Dude, I'm down in the lower north island, though i don't have a cheap bike for sale, i can offer a feed and a night or twos hospitallity down this way !

Local social group of riders and don't mind showing off a few good roads in our area !

magoo1
8th August 2011, 08:26
Keep in touch Dude, I'm down in the lower north island, though i don't have a cheap bike for sale, i can offer a feed and a night or twos hospitallity down this way !

Local social group of riders and don't mind showing off a few good roads in our area !

Thanks sinfull will keep in touch......start the tour in Auckland 20th Jan, haven't planned anything yet, just gunna go with the wind. Thanks again.

sinfull
8th August 2011, 08:32
Thanks sinfull will keep in touch......start the tour in Auckland 20th Jan, haven't planned anything yet, just gunna go with the wind. Thanks again.

You have probably found this, but if not, there are plenty of threads with photos etc from others who have done NZ, pretty sure you could take a number of good ideas from some of them !

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php/63-Coming-or-Going-or-Visitors-in-NZ

magoo1
8th August 2011, 09:47
You have probably found this, but if not, there are plenty of threads with photos etc from others who have done NZ, pretty sure you could take a number of good ideas from some of them !

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php/63-Coming-or-Going-or-Visitors-in-NZ

Will take a look through them over time, have a few months yet to get a 'to do' list together, Thanks.

Bikemad
8th August 2011, 10:08
howdy Ivor..........shot in the dark but you dont live near Bath and enjoy metal detecting do you?
Also if your gonna be here in Febuary and enjoy bike racing there is a great street race event in a town called Paeroa,North Island...........up close and personal racing

magoo1
8th August 2011, 10:47
Hi bikemad, tried it once but all I ever found was old pennies on the local beach, so no is the answer, I live in Hastings, Bath is 200 miles ish north of me.

cave weta
9th August 2011, 08:46
Also if your gonna be here in Febuary and enjoy bike racing there is a great street race event in a town called Paeroa,North Island...........up close and personal racing

Im close to Paeroa and I have a BMWF650 that you can use with luggage...

magoo1
19th August 2011, 17:31
Im close to Paeroa and I have a BMWF650 that you can use with luggage...

Ok, gonna check it out.....also need the NZ map to check out your location.....cheers fella.