PDA

View Full Version : Helmetisation

Maha
8th August 2011, 15:19
How many helmets is enough?
I think I am extravagant owning two....:corn:

The one I wear mostly I have had for 7 years.
It needs to be put out to pasture, nothing really wrong with it, I just want another one..
This one has me all... Whawoa!...http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/KBC-VR-1X-Tribal-Silver-Black-117/SubProducts/KBC-VR-1X-Tribal-Silver-Black-117-0001&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&Locale=en_GB&Currency=GBP

blackdog
8th August 2011, 15:30
Had eight helmets between the two of us until last week. Thanks to Mully's suggestion the playcentre next door are now enjoying four of the old ones I needed to retire :)

T.W.R
8th August 2011, 15:37
6 helmets :yes:
1 regular use road, 1 spare road, 1 mx, 1 road (brought in 88 & used 4 times), a 1950's corker helmet, & a 1950's Bates racing helmet :facepalm:

blackdog
8th August 2011, 15:47
Call WT, I know they had some wicked shoei specials when i was in there last, kinda tribal too. Didn't have my size :(

Karleen loves her VR2R, but the freakin kbc's don't fit my AGV head.

gijoe1313
8th August 2011, 15:56
Hmm lemme count ...

1 x ye olde helmet my brother used to wear
2 X Caberg (1 retired now)
1 X MX Camo helmet
1 X Flipface helmet
1 X Spare Red helmet
1 X Shark helmet (my girl's primary)
1 X Blue helmet (my girl's backup)

... hmm, I guess that is a few now innit? :innocent:

And still planning on a couple more! :shutup:

gale_wolf
8th August 2011, 16:10
I've got three at home with one to fit a female pillion's noggin, but I'm also on the hunt once more for a new one to replace my daily commuting lid.

avgas
8th August 2011, 16:15
I like my KBC-VR1, its a great helmet. As good as my XR800 was, better than my dads XR1000.

I want one of those Airoh combo things as well though.

Maha
8th August 2011, 16:24
Call WT, I know they had some wicked shoei specials when i was in there last, kinda tribal too. Didn't have my size :(

Karleen loves her VR2R, but the freakin kbc's don't fit my AGV head.

We have your old 'Ladykiller' and its back on the market...
Seems like two helmets is not enough...im such a tight bitch with my money though...Maharkwright...:corn:

boman
8th August 2011, 16:24
We have 5 in house at the moment.
2x Shoei
2x Arai
1x HJC
With another on loan to someone.

blackdog
8th August 2011, 16:55
We have your old 'Ladykiller' and its back on the market...
Seems like two helmets is not enough...im such a tight bitch with my money though...Maharkwright...:corn:

Fricken real nice helmet!

Just tight for a medium, maybe advertise as a SM?

wysper
8th August 2011, 18:09
Christ almighty! I have just one.

I am seriously under helmeted!

Geeen
8th August 2011, 18:54
We have 4, 2 x Shark, 1 x HJC, and 1 x Suomy. The Suomy should really be used as a toy coz its more than 5 years old.

Blinkwing
8th August 2011, 19:11
Only have one, scraping together funds to replace that singular helmet. :(

Maha
9th August 2011, 07:07
Christ almighty! I have just one.

I am seriously under helmeted!

We stayed at Pussy's place at easter, he had about a dozen helmets in the bedroom.
I suppose over the years you do collect a few (ifen you dont throw the older ones away)

The Baron
9th August 2011, 07:21
I came home about two weeks ago with another helmet. My wife spotted it and did a count = 8. I had to give two away so I'm now down to 6.

I just don't see the problem...

wysper
9th August 2011, 07:37
I don't think anyone is suggesting there is a problem.
Just interesting.

I suppose I can double my numbers to 2 if I count my daughters helmet.

Maha
9th August 2011, 07:41
...indeed, we actually have five here but only two belong to me.
I always reach for old faithfull not the newer one.
I think I will have to get one of those VR1 Tribals...:corn:

http://www.nwa.co.nz/product_detail.php?P_ID=1115

avgas
9th August 2011, 08:45
...indeed, we actually have five here but only two belong to me.
I always reach for old faithfull not the newer one.
I think I will have to get one of those VR1 Tribals...:corn:

http://www.nwa.co.nz/product_detail.php?P_ID=1115
Oooooooooooooooooooo I want the Turbine one...........to sit next to my matt black one.......

baptist
9th August 2011, 14:51
Got two, one I use all the time, the other is just a spare incase of erm... anything. Daughter has one as well.

george formby
9th August 2011, 16:17
I had to move some of my tackle boxes yesterday to make room for another helmet, a gift. That brings me to 5 helmets & 1 head.
Why do the KBC's float your boat Maha?

Maha
9th August 2011, 16:26
I had to move some of my tackle boxes yesterday to make room for another helmet, a gift. That brings me to 5 helmets & 1 head.
Why do the KBC's float your boat Maha?

I guess its, once you've (well me personally) settled on a product that suits your requirements financially/style and comfort wise, then why change.
Same applies with my riding gear, Rev'it top and bottom.

NZsarge
9th August 2011, 17:22
Got three Arai's, 1 Chaser and 2 RX7GP's, one of them is buggered though.

Maha
9th August 2011, 19:21
Oooooooooooooooooooo I want the Turbine one...........to sit next to my matt black one.......

...just spied that Black/Gold Grafitti Rider.....:love:
I have black gear and gold rims on the bike....:yes:

Geeen
9th August 2011, 19:34
Women have shoes and handbags, we apparently have helmets

pritch
9th August 2011, 21:22
Women have shoes and handbags, we apparently have helmets

Yeah, but then people write to KB and complain their helmet smells. You wouldn't wear the same pair of shoes every day. Guess that works for helmets too?

Oh, and I've got five.

Scouse
9th August 2011, 22:35
How many helmets is enough?
I think I am extravagant owning two....:corn:

The one I wear mostly I have had for 7 years.
It needs to be put out to pasture, nothing really wrong with it, I just want another one..
This one has me all... Whawoa!...http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/KBC-VR-1X-Tribal-Silver-Black-117/SubProducts/KBC-VR-1X-Tribal-Silver-Black-117-0001&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&Locale=en_GB&Currency=GBPI have 4 an Ari RX7 a Shoei XR1000 a Shoei XSPIRIT and lastly but my favourite a Shoei XSPIRIT 2

Maha
10th August 2011, 07:47
I have 4 an Ari RX7 a Shoei XR1000 a Shoei XSPIRIT and lastly but my favourite a Shoei XSPIRIT 2

...thats another thing, helmet preference. While some multi helmet owners have different makes, some will only buy and own a certain brand. I dont think its brand loyalty, more ''if it fits, wear it''.

NZsarge
10th August 2011, 08:03
my favourite a Shoei XSPIRIT 2
Is there any particular reason why you consider it to be your favorite, anything that stands out...?

...thats another thing, helmet preference. While some multi helmet owners have different makes, some will only buy and own a certain brand. I dont think its brand loyalty, more ''if it fits, wear it''.

Arai's fit me well but to be fair I haven't worn anything else to know if there is another brand that fits as well. Very happy with my lids though so...

george formby
10th August 2011, 14:18
I guess its, once you've (well me personally) settled on a product that suits your requirements financially/style and comfort wise, then why change.
Same applies with my riding gear, Rev'it top and bottom.

:niceone: Gotcha.
I'm the same way with my Caberg, I absolutely love the internal sun visor although the helmet is not outstanding in any other way. Good bang for my buck.

Maha
10th August 2011, 14:23
:niceone: Gotcha.
I'm the same way with my Caberg, I absolutely love the internal sun visor although the helmet is not outstanding in any other way. Good bang for my buck.

Was talking to someone on Saturday who has one of them..he was wondering if they do a darker visor?...seems the current one maybe a tad to light.

george formby
10th August 2011, 14:53
Was talking to someone on Saturday who has one of them..he was wondering if they do a darker visor?...seems the current one maybe a tad to light.

http://www.caberg-helm.com/products/caberg_justissimo_gt.php?modello=JGT02MB&color=MB

It would appear the answer is yes, for some models.

Maha
11th August 2011, 20:39
I relented...http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=398272743

Had to go down country a tad for the purchase as I didn't get a reply to my email that I sent to a ''closer'' outlet asking about stock of this item.

Scouse
11th August 2011, 22:45
Is there any particular reason why you consider it to be your favorite, anything that stands out...?Yep it is the most comfortable helmet that I have ever worn also it does not generate very much wind noise

Scouse
11th August 2011, 22:46
I have 4 an Ari RX7 a Shoei XR1000 a Shoei XSPIRIT and lastly but my favourite a Shoei XSPIRIT 2actualy I forgot I realy have five helmets I forgot about the purple one

NZsarge
12th August 2011, 01:55
Yep it is the most comfortable helmet that I have ever worn also it does not generate very much wind noise

Nice, I do like the look of the X Spirit 2's and the 1100's as well, interesting to hear you think the X Spirit 2 is a quiet lid.

theseekerfinds
17th August 2011, 19:45
I love helmets like women love shoes and handbags.. current cupboard stock sits at 1 Arai RX-7, 1 Scott Russell rep and 1 Tomomi Manako rep - both Shoeis, 1 KBC, 1 HJC, 1 THH and a Jet Star.. the first three fit me and I wear regularly, the last three don't fit me and as such are spares for pillions and the jet star.. well that was for drag racing and track days in the old Commodore.. I wouldn't wear an open face lid nor offer it to a pillion but it was sweet for the car..

Maha
17th August 2011, 20:24
My new additon should be here any day now...:wari:

Maha
20th August 2011, 14:59
New Helmet turned up yesterday, I love how new stuff smells new and not of head..:confused:

BMWST?
20th August 2011, 15:18
i dont keep old helmets.Once i decide they are old they get cut in half and chucked out

Maha
20th August 2011, 15:35
i dont keep old helmets.Once i decide they are old they get cut in half and chucked out

My older one is now on the bar fridge downstairs...I want a polystyrene head for it..:drinknsin
My tinted visor (which hardly gets used) fits straight on and I have already added the ulitamte helmet mod....black insulation tape across the top...sun strike eliminator!

allycatz
20th August 2011, 15:35
New Helmet turned up yesterday, I love how new stuff smells new and not of head..:confused:

Please rephrase.....<_<