PDA

View Full Version : Anyone puchased an iPhone from the States?

FlangMasterJ
9th August 2011, 20:54
I've been looking at iPhone4's on eBay and they work out to be roughly $200 cheaper than a store bought one over here. Now these iPhone's are unlocked so I was thinking of putting it on a prepay plan via 2degrees.

Anyone purchased one off eBay or similar and have had any issues with getting it on to a NZ network?

I'm thinking it should be pretty straight forward.

marty
9th August 2011, 21:18
NZ$800 today for an unlocked i4 from the Apple shop with free shipping. Exchange rate is falling, so it will be more expensive very quickly. They were NZ$720 5 days ago......

Kendog
9th August 2011, 21:24
If you can wait, the 5 will be out soon.
Disclaimer: Nobody knows when the 5 will be released.

FlangMasterJ
9th August 2011, 21:29
If you can wait, the 5 will be out soon.
Disclaimer: Nobody knows when the 5 will be released.

The thing is......I don't think I can.

Kendog
9th August 2011, 21:39
I hear ya, and I am only getting a hand me down 3GS when the wife gets he 5.
But I have been reading a lot about the 5. From what I can tell it will be well worth the wait, especially as most pedictions point to a September release. Not long now.

The thing is......I don't think I can.

FlangMasterJ
9th August 2011, 22:43
I hear ya, and I am only getting a hand me down 3GS when the wife gets he 5.
But I have been reading a lot about the 5. From what I can tell it will be well worth the wait, especially as most pedictions point to a September release. Not long now.

Can you give me a run down on some features on the 5?

Kendog
9th August 2011, 22:54
Can you give me a run down on some features on the 5?
This is a good site and a great summary of the common predictions
http://iphone5newsblog.com/iphone-5-features/

FlangMasterJ
9th August 2011, 23:01
This is a good site and a great summary of the common predictions
http://iphone5newsblog.com/iphone-5-features/

Awesome thanks.

2Seat_Terror
10th August 2011, 13:20
Got an unlocked Motorola Defy on Ebay about a month ago. No issues. :yes:

FlangMasterJ
10th August 2011, 17:31
Haha get this. Got a call from the bank today asking me to verify a couple of transactions. I'm thinking "oh of course the iPhone I just bought off eBay (yeah I got one by the way)". "Did you purchase a return ticket to Sydney for $448?"........"Ummm no". So obviously during my online payment last night some assholes gotten a hold of my credit card number and has tried to buy himself a nice trip down under. Awesome job by the bank for picking that up.

I think that's the last time I'm going to use eBay and PayPal.

Kendog
10th August 2011, 20:22
That is impressive from your bank to pick that up and call you.

steve_t
10th August 2011, 20:24
Haha get this. Got a call from the bank today asking me to verify a couple of transactions. I'm thinking "oh of course the iPhone I just bought off eBay (yeah I got one by the way)". "Did you purchase a return ticket to Sydney for $448?"........"Ummm no". So obviously during my online payment last night some assholes gotten a hold of my credit card number and has tried to buy himself a nice trip down under. Awesome job by the bank for picking that up.

I think that's the last time I'm going to use eBay and PayPal.

Paypal is a secure site. I'd be scanning your computer for viruses/malware incl keystroke loggers

FlangMasterJ
10th August 2011, 20:51
Paypal is a secure site. I'd be scanning your computer for viruses/malware incl keystroke loggers

Just doing a full scan as I type this.

Mully
11th August 2011, 18:29
I'm trying to decide if I should buy myself an iPad in the States.

Sort of a commiseration gift to myself.