PDA

View Full Version : So you can buy a rugby jersey cheaper overseas...

98tls
11th August 2011, 18:13
:violin:You can buy most things cheaper overseas so whats all the fuss about,is it really newsworthy?

Taz
11th August 2011, 18:19
No not news worthy. Just like you can buy our milk and meat cheaper overseas.

slofox
11th August 2011, 18:20
I won't be buying one regardless of price...:sleep:

short-circuit
11th August 2011, 18:30
Union's for faaaaakin poofs

... and the "new" jersey makes them look like gay priests - it's not a sport it's a religion. Arsefuckery.

98tls
11th August 2011, 19:11
Union's for faaaaakin poofs

... and the "new" jersey makes them look like gay priests - it's not a sport it's a religion. Arsefuckery.

Hate to say it but jesus H,its a bloody rugby jersey eh.Fucking medias making the All Blacks look like a bunch of faggots.Mind you Carter and his undie ads and Nonus makeup fetish:confused:

Indiana_Jones
11th August 2011, 19:16
Hate to say it but jesus H,its a bloody rugby jersey eh.Fucking medias making the All Blacks look like a bunch of faggots.Mind you Carter and his undie ads and Nonus makeup fetish:confused:

Welcome to NZ bro.

I'm filling in my citizenship form now, surprise they don't ask me for the name of the current All Black line up, who gives a cunt?

-Indy

98tls
11th August 2011, 19:24
Seems every has been/johnny come latelys jumped on the bandwagon with this thing through the media,if the fucking jersey was that important surely it would still be made here by a locally owned company.All this worn with pride shit.

Grumph
11th August 2011, 19:29
The point of the protests is simply that Adidas has prevented NZ residents from buying at world prices....is this fair ?

I've recently struck the same thing in our (motorcycling) world where a disc manufacturer will not sell to NZ due to an exclusive deal with an NZ wholesaler.
Nothing wrong in theory with this but a comparison of prices is an eyeopener...

I'd suspect that this sort of thing is going to become more common - as will finding ways round it.

scumdog
11th August 2011, 20:04
:violin:You can buy most things cheaper overseas so whats all the fuss about,is it really newsworthy?

Nah, too busy ordering parts for my Thunderbird, football jerseys are so yesterday soon......:confused:

Woodman
11th August 2011, 20:16
Thers only one way to get an allBlack jersey and thats by earning it, so yeah who gives a shit. The best part of it is how much of a fuckup adidas have made of the whole thing.

mashman
11th August 2011, 20:17
It's business, not personal, get over it :).

Or maybe, :shifty:, Adidas are teaching NZ a lesson... you charge the rest of the world over the top prices for accommodation etc..., we'll charge you for the shirts in the same vane :)

boman
11th August 2011, 20:18
Whats Rugby?

scumdog
11th August 2011, 20:20
It's business, not personal, get over it :).

Or maybe, :shifty:, Adidas are teaching NZ a lesson... you charge the rest of the world over the top prices for accommodation etc..., we'll charge you for the shirts in the same vane :)

"Vein Robin, vein...good spelling is of paramount importance." (Said in best Batman voice)

mashman
11th August 2011, 20:23
"Vein Robin, vein...good spelling is of paramount importance." (Said in best Batman voice)

Oh Arsefuckery. (most osome word, was dying to use it)

Robert Taylor
11th August 2011, 20:57

I think it is because it shows the disparity between markets and the pushes the argument for global pricing.

Im glad for one that this is front page news.

short-circuit
11th August 2011, 20:59
Oh Arsefuckery. (most osome word, was dying to use it)

Thank me later - I invented it (the word that is)

98tls
11th August 2011, 21:04
I think it is because it shows the disparity between markets and the pushes the argument for global pricing.

Im glad for one that this is front page news.

Fair call and when i started the thread hoped for such opinions,might add when i said "most" i had the likes of you guys in mind.

Winston001
11th August 2011, 22:21

Yeah! Mike for the win. :Punk:

Appreciate Robert's point, but as a newsworthy item?...FFS!!

mashman
12th August 2011, 06:42
Thank me later - I invented it (the word that is)

:confused:

ynot slow
12th August 2011, 07:35
The news worthy part is most retailers and wholesalers don't believe there is a world wide market out there,this might wake them up to realise that screwing over customers means no customers.
Also if Adidas dropped their price by $25 the retailer would do by $50 simple and margins not erdoded by retailers having to sell more.

And this won't just effect the black jersey,mant people will boycot Adidas,from golf sox to soccer balls,not just a bloody black jersey.

Paul in NZ
12th August 2011, 08:32
The stupidity of ADIDAS over this whole issue is astounding.... Once it blew up it was clear they had no plan to deal with it. Christ even instead of dropping the price, if they said something like that we give $50 of every one sold to local rugby then at least you would have something to hang your hat on.... Idiots....

Then those two muppets they put on tv - what were they thinking....

What we need is a black 'peoples jersey'...... Come on CCC a $50 Not the All Blacks one

Clockwork
12th August 2011, 09:00
Not the jersey as such but I for one am getting sick of being fleeced on everything we buy. Just checked the prices difference of a couple of Apple computers between here and Aus, compensating for exchange rates and GST we are being changed $300 more over here! Software, Books, Music and instruments.... BUT we still get to pay global prices for whatever we do produce domestically, where does it end? It seems we are being treated ans some sort of global cash cow. And frankly, as a nation we just cant afford it.

Dodgy_Matt
12th August 2011, 09:01
I’m not really sure having a go at Adidas is the right way to go...
Having had a friend owned and ran a surf shop, and helping him out, its well known that the retail mark up is a minimum of 100% on wholesale. and now days its 110%.
How else can Briscos have 60% off sales and still make money? :shifty:
So Rebel sports is playing the big hero by dropping their margin to only a min of 20% mark up.
If you think of the number of units they could potentially sell they will still make a good profit from the sale of these gay shirts.

Maybe its time for the retailers to think about higher turnover of stock rather than higher profit margin? :laugh:

Robert Taylor
12th August 2011, 09:56
Not the jersey as such but I for one am getting sick of being fleeced on everything we buy. Just checked the prices difference of a couple of Apple computers between here and Aus, compensating for exchange rates and GST we are being changed $300 more over here! Software, Books, Music and instruments.... BUT we still get to pay global prices for whatever we do produce domestically, where does it end? It seems we are being treated ans some sort of global cash cow. And frankly, as a nation we just cant afford it.

Margins are an issue yes but it goes well beyond that. You will pay gst on the goods purchased from a retailer in NZ, who themselves via the distributor paid gst on the fob value of the goods, the freight, clearance and port fees. That helps a little in balooning the end costs.
If you privately import such a shirt you will likely not pay any clearance charges or any gst. That is but one factor of many that gives people a distorted view that most retailers in NZ are ''creaming it''. Which in fact they are not, because the cost of even opening your doors is very high.
This is but one inequity of many that seriously disadvantages NZ businesses and the people like perhaps you that depend upon them for a weekly wage cheque
Before anyone jumps up in indignation at my explanations yes the price is too high. We also suffer such inequities in my line of business, but we have adapted to the harsh realities, whether we like it or not.

Swoop
12th August 2011, 09:57
Just buy one after the cup. Much cheaper then...

Especially if they lose.:laugh:

Bald Eagle
12th August 2011, 10:03
Just buy one after the cup. Much cheaper then...

Especially when they lose.:laugh:

there fixed it for you. :laugh:

mashman
12th August 2011, 11:22
I'm sure Adidas (All Day I Dream About Sex) will fold after the world cup should NZ shun their business :blink:. a global brand with billions of customers... a maximum of 4.5 million NZ consumers... Oh how I larf. You mean nothing to them, get over it.

yachtie10
12th August 2011, 12:00
I'm sure Adidas (All Day I Dream About Sex) will fold after the world cup should NZ shun their business :blink:. a global brand with billions of customers... a maximum of 4.5 million NZ consumers... Oh how I larf. You mean nothing to them, get over it.

5th post in the tread and your telling others to get over it?
if we dont matter why would addidas even sponsor the allblacks?

Or do you think we should just take it up the arse because we "mean nothing to them"
The only thing ill ever buy of a rip offbrand like addidas is a knock off copy and only then if it is very cheap

Personally I dont get why people will pay ridiculous prices to be a bilboard for a brand

mashman
12th August 2011, 12:50
5th post in the tread and your telling others to get over it?

at least I waited til page 2. getten ze over eet.

short-circuit
12th August 2011, 16:28
Or do you think we should just take it up the arse because we "mean nothing to them"

No. I think the All Blacks look like a bunch of queer catholic priests who "take it up the arse".

Relatedly, it is also a fact that the overwhelming majority of rugby UNION supporters are planning to/have aspirations to/or already engage in "ARSEFUCKERY"

Clockwork
12th August 2011, 17:01
Margins are an issue yes but it goes well beyond that. You will pay gst on the goods purchased from a retailer in NZ, who themselves via the distributor paid gst on the fob value of the goods, the freight, clearance and port fees. That helps a little in balooning the end costs.
If you privately import such a shirt you will likely not pay any clearance charges or any gst. That is but one factor of many that gives people a distorted view that most retailers in NZ are ''creaming it''. Which in fact they are not, because the cost of even opening your doors is very high.
This is but one inequity of many that seriously disadvantages NZ businesses and the people like perhaps you that depend upon them for a weekly wage cheque
Before anyone jumps up in indignation at my explanations yes the price is too high. We also suffer such inequities in my line of business, but we have adapted to the harsh realities, whether we like it or not.

I'm sure I'm not as informed as you on these matters as yourself but I expect every country in the world has these same issues that you've just outlined. For example, Apple computers (where admittedly the price is fixed by the distributer) You wont convince me that it costs less to ship these these things to Aussie than NZ. Are there ports so much more efficient than ours? Is the carriage distance significantly further? Or that a Dick Smith's in Melbourne has lower overheads than one in Auckland, have you seen Melbourne property prices (and I'm willing to bet their staff costs are way higher too) yet they are selling there for significantly less. As are the other sorts of things I have mentioned.

Seriously, I think for too long we've all sat back and accepted these excuses to the point where we are now seen globally (or maybe even locally) as a soft touch.

I think as consumers, its time we all started to ask these questions.

nallac
12th August 2011, 17:58
No. I think the All Blacks look like a bunch of queer catholic priests who "take it up the arse".

Relatedly, it is also a fact that the overwhelming majority of rugby UNION supporters are planning to/have aspirations to/or already engage in "ARSEFUCKERY"

So i take it then you want to be an All Black then?, or at least are there Biggest fan.

short-circuit
12th August 2011, 18:10
So i take it ...

Up the arse as well?

nallac
12th August 2011, 18:31
Up the arse as well?
I've never tried it? whats it like?........

short-circuit
12th August 2011, 18:39
I've never tried it? whats it like?........

Dunno - ask an All Black (All Brown once they pull out) or a Union fan

nallac
12th August 2011, 18:42
Dunno - ask an All Black (All Brown once they pull out) or a Union fan

That easy Huh?.

What about ask the missus.......................

short-circuit
12th August 2011, 18:51
That easy Huh?.

What about ask the missus.......................

Well I dunno about yours but my missus is female so that won't work.

nallac
12th August 2011, 18:58

sounds like mine....works in the movies but.....

Robert Taylor
12th August 2011, 19:48
I'm sure I'm not as informed as you on these matters as yourself but I expect every country in the world has these same issues that you've just outlined. For example, Apple computers (where admittedly the price is fixed by the distributer) You wont convince me that it costs less to ship these these things to Aussie than NZ. Are there ports so much more efficient than ours? Is the carriage distance significantly further? Or that a Dick Smith's in Melbourne has lower overheads than one in Auckland, have you seen Melbourne property prices (and I'm willing to bet their staff costs are way higher too) yet they are selling there for significantly less. As are the other sorts of things I have mentioned.

Seriously, I think for too long we've all sat back and accepted these excuses to the point where we are now seen globally (or maybe even locally) as a soft touch.

I think as consumers, its time we all started to ask these questions.

Absolutely you have fair questions. I was pointing out a few of the inequities that exist ( not on everyones radar screens ) and Id like to re-emphasise that this issue being in the public arena is great. Serious questions need to be asked. NZ is largely composed of small businesses and no Government including the current one is fully aware of the issues they face and how it affects the job security of the ordinary everyday Kiwis they employ.
As for Adidas and other multi-nationals others in this thread have made light of their incredibly arrogant attitudes

munster
12th August 2011, 21:15
http://www.therock.net.nz/Adidas-Parody-Song---The-Sweater/tabid/381/articleID/16015/Default.aspx

98tls
12th August 2011, 21:18

Enough of your shit,post up a pic of yourself or shut the fuck up.:shifty:Methinks all these posts about fucking arses are typed with excitement dripping outta your dick.

short-circuit
12th August 2011, 21:38
Enough of your shit,post up a pic of yourself or shut the fuck up.:shifty:Methinks all these posts about fucking arses are typed with excitement dripping outta your dick.

Why? Do you need some inspiration tonight? Are ya all wanked out on Dan 'the man' Carter (shunt me harder)

scumdog
12th August 2011, 21:53

C'mon faggoty-boy we all know your mrs is really a fat school-boy..

short-circuit
12th August 2011, 22:04
C'mon faggoty-boy we all know your mrs is really a fat school-boy..

Amateur - get back to trolling where you belong http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/122146-Police-killing-us-again!?p=1130128661#post1130128661 (defending your fellow bum chums in blue)....what's the sausage to taco ratio in that "institution"?

MIXONE
13th August 2011, 08:04
Why? Do you need some inspiration tonight? Are ya all wanked out on Dan 'the man' Carter (shunt me harder)

I think your online name describes what is between your ears...

scumdog
13th August 2011, 13:14
Amateur - get back to trolling where you belong http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/122146-Police-killing-us-again!?p=1130128661#post1130128661 (defending your fellow bum chums in blue)....what's the sausage to taco ratio in that "institution"?

C'mon know-it-all, you know the answer to verything else - how come not this? :shifty::laugh:

short-circuit
13th August 2011, 13:16
C'mon know-it-all, you know the answer to verything else - how come not this? :shifty::laugh:

Cause I'm about as interested in arsefuckery as I am rugby union...neither really do it for me.

tigertim20
13th August 2011, 16:55

fuknKIWI
14th August 2011, 13:32
...if the fucking jersey was that important surely it would still be made here by a locally owned company.All this worn with pride shit.
Yep you nailed it son... NZRFU sold out Canterbury apparel years ago now the sold out everybody... wouldn't buy one with your money at any price...of course the real crime is a bunch of fat cunts in tight jerseys:no:... put the price up to $2200...& poke my one Cantabrian eye out...go the Wallabies