PDA

View Full Version : First Ride on My new bike

Str8 Jacket
8th July 2005, 07:26
What can I say - F*ck yea it rocked!! :2thumbsup I love my new bike!!!. My bike arrived at the same time that the rain decided to join Wellington, but I thought F*ck it ive been waiting too damn long . . .
So of I go riding at atleast 35kph down my road towards Redrocks, slowly getting used to my bike, and was soon at 50 before I knew it. Got a few nods from other bikers :yes: , and I also exchanged some "ugly" signals with a few angry 4x4 drivers :nono: (mothers picking the kids up from school). So I decide to go for a ride around the bays and then back past my house and then back round the bays - Im sure you all get the point. Anyway so when I was throughly bored with this I decided that it was time to attempt the Brooklyn Hill, hmmm that was interesting for some reason I lost my nerve and stalled at both lights at the beginning and end of the hill. :whistle:
Later that nite I went around the bay's again with a mate following. I pulled a wheelie!!! :clap: (well a very tiny weeny one anyway . . .) does it still count if it was by mistake?!?! All I could hear was my mate pissing himself . . . . On the way home I decided to give it a bit of gas and got up to 100 kph - till I saw some cars coming and slowed rite down.
All I can say is, Why did I not do this earlier?!!!

Maximus
8th July 2005, 10:30
And here you where upset cause everyone told you that GN's won't wheelie, lol! I'll just ignore that it was accidental and tiny :whistle: . . . Congrats on your first ride though Hells!! Glad you enjoyed it! Will have to go for a ride with you when I come up next.

Jonty
8th July 2005, 10:34
Glad you enjoyed it, good stuff. Try and get out on one of the TSS rides (first sunday of each month) will hope to see you at one (I will be there when I get this flamin full) :Punk:

GROOMER
8th July 2005, 10:36
and I also exchanged some "ugly" signals with a few angry 4x4 drivers :nono: (mothers picking the kids up from school).

Watch out for EVERY other car on the road...trust no-one! And if it's not wired to be on full-time, make sure you keep your headlight on when riding. Just might be enough for them to notice you!

Happy riding! :ride: :D

zadok
8th July 2005, 10:37
Great feeling, eh?

Jabez
8th July 2005, 10:47
Are.. the joy of a new bike....:)

Str8 Jacket
8th July 2005, 10:50
Yep bloody cagers :no: there's some bloody idiots out there!!

Jonty - I'll give myself a little while caus its my first bike and my first time on the road - never driven a car and prob never will after seeing what total dicks there are out there.

Groomer - Cheers for that, my lights are wired to be on all the time, but have seriously thought about getting a realy loud horn to scare the f*ck outta the idiots that dare cross my path!

Zadok - It is the BEST feeling, I love it!!

Ixion
8th July 2005, 12:33
Go you . :ride: And the GN.

It'll wheelie if you want it to. Only bike I never got to wheelstand was my A10 (thinking it over , d'you think the fact that it had a sidecar attached might have had something to do with that ? )

Have you taken to yelling "wheeee " as you go down hills yet :whistle:

Might be as well to watch the speed in 50 kph areas though, Mr Plod is everywhere now, and 100kph is perilously close to the dreaded "50 kph over the limit, you're walking " figure.

Eurygnomes
8th July 2005, 13:19
YAY YOU!!! Sounds like you're already in control of the bike...100kph?! I thought I was doing really well to get up to 60 yesterday morning! :) I'm impressed (and slightly worried!!).

So how was riding in the wet? Only I left my bike at work yesterday as I wasn't feeling all that well and want to take it home today. The hills are not totally occlouded (new word - whaddya think guys?) but it still looks damp and potentially slippery!

Oh - and yesterday, I sooo got the hang of changing down gears - I'm even figuring out WHERE do to it when I'm approaching roundabouts/crossings/lights etc. It's great learning all this stuff - you must be LOVING it. Did you ride to work today?

Sparky Bills
8th July 2005, 13:24
Yeah for wheelies!
Next time try standing up :devil2:

Glad to hear you loved it.
Always good to have another motorcyclist on the road!

LETS TAKE OVER NZ!!!

Str8 Jacket
8th July 2005, 13:37
YAY YOU!!! Sounds like you're already in control of the bike...100kph?! I thought I was doing really well to get up to 60 yesterday morning! :) I'm impressed (and slightly worried!!).

So how was riding in the wet? Only I left my bike at work yesterday as I wasn't feeling all that well and want to take it home today. The hills are not totally occlouded (new word - whaddya think guys?) but it still looks damp and potentially slippery!

Oh - and yesterday, I sooo got the hang of changing down gears - I'm even figuring out WHERE do to it when I'm approaching roundabouts/crossings/lights etc. It's great learning all this stuff - you must be LOVING it. Did you ride to work today?

Yea well, I was a bit stoopid going that fast, but I had been riding all day and the road was so straight and flat that I could see all lights coming from behind and in front BUT still stoopid - I work for the Ministry Of Justice and could seriously put my job at risk :weird: as soon as I saw carlights coming in front of me I slowed right down to 70. Dunno about having "cotrol" of my bike though, stalled a fair few times yesterday - I just love to go fast :devil2:
Yea I rode to work this morning, bent gear lever and all (see my thread in general ravings) - Brooklyn Hill is a little scary in the dark with pissing down rain (I start work at 7am) but it's not too bad out there, just go slow and avoid road markings etc.
So far im just trying to get the hang of being on the road, damn Wellys and there stoopid one way streets, that and it does not help having never driven/ridden on public roads before, there's just soo much to remember. so far Ive planned all courses to avoid roundabouts and right hand turns over major intersections, lol!!

Bonez
8th July 2005, 18:26
Good the see you are enjoying your GN. And a :motu: to those the derate them. :devil2:

White trash
8th July 2005, 20:17
Sounds gay. Can't for the life of me work out why you're so excited. It's just a motorcycle for gods sake.

raster
8th July 2005, 21:47
It is a great feeling.

Seems the GN is the way to go, there are enough of them

I know what you mean about traffic.
As part of cage driving license requirement everyone should be made to ride a bike through city traffic :devil2: real eye opener.

My driving style has changed massively since riding.

Matt Bleck
8th July 2005, 21:55
Ahh, a new bike. even staring at them makes you feel good. :love:

Str8 Jacket
9th July 2005, 15:13
Sounds gay. Can't for the life of me work out why you're so excited. It's just a motorcycle for gods sake.

Well i guess you'd know a thing or too about being gay, eh WT? :eyepoke:

Gazzar
9th July 2005, 15:39
Good to see another biker out rideing :ride: and with K.B.s :grouphug: The GNs are good bikes but :weird: y do you have a bent gear lever already on a new bike

Have fun rideing

I have just seen your next thread about the bike fulling over. Let me now if you think some one is doing it as may be able to borrow a good big dog for a week or two.

Str8 Jacket
10th July 2005, 11:10
Good to see another biker out rideing :ride: and with K.B.s :grouphug: The GNs are good bikes but :weird: y do you have a bent gear lever already on a new bike

Have fun rideing

I have just seen your next thread about the bike fulling over. Let me now if you think some one is doing it as may be able to borrow a good big dog for a week or two.

Thanks man, but I suspect the dog would scare me more!

Apparently - according to my mates anyway, they all seem to think that it loks like someone has backed into it, making the stand come up. As the peg and lever were bent outwards, the bike couldn't have just been dropped. Looks like a case of wrong place at the wrong time. Wouldn't be the first time stuff like this has gone on outside our place. Earlier this year a learner driver mananged to cross the centre line and crash straight into my ex's ute parked out he front, then a couple of months ago my flattie had his car stolen . . . time for me to move me thinks . . .

raster
10th July 2005, 22:00
Thanks man, but I suspect the dog would scare me more!

Apparently - according to my mates anyway, they all seem to think that it loks like someone has backed into it, making the stand come up. As the peg and lever were bent outwards, the bike couldn't have just been dropped. Looks like a case of wrong place at the wrong time. Wouldn't be the first time stuff like this has gone on outside our place. Earlier this year a learner driver mananged to cross the centre line and crash straight into my ex's ute parked out he front, then a couple of months ago my flattie had his car stolen . . . time for me to move me thinks . . .

got a work mate who wasn't allowed to take the Co. car home as everytime something happened to it, he hasn't had a problem since he shifted.

FilthyLuka
3rd June 2006, 18:04

A gn250 sounds homosexual? i didn't know gn250s have genders. Even if they do, how would you tell? i mean damn, they dont have a pair of chrome balls hanging anywhere so i would take it that they don't infact have a gender.

I own a GN250 with GN400 arse end and dirt gearing (more acceleration, only about 120-140 km/h top speed though) and i love it to bits. When i went for my first ride on it, i was stupidly excited. Hell, i still am.

Think of a motorcycle as a surf board, it doesnt matter what youve got, its stil catching a wave.

Oh, i also managed to pick up some custom jack daniels airbrushed side plate thingies and tank. Looks awesome. Ill post a pic one day.

Oh yeah, i almost forgot. If you dont understand why riding a first motorcycle is exciting... errm... then your just of the homosexual persuation!

Denis

p.s: what the hell, gay is an insult? damnit man, acceptance of every creed and race??? global equality??? ring any bells???

FilthyLuka
3rd June 2006, 18:08
heehee, i forgot.

Glad you enjoy riding. One thing to watch out on gn's though, if you keep it at prolonged high revvs (120 down the motorway ect.) the big end ball bearings start to skid and wear down a flat patch.

Apparantly the dude that services my bike (guy called warren bridges in west auckland, like personal jesus of carburettors) has seen a gn250 big end bearing ball get shot out the front of the gn and through the starter motor... owie.

other than that, the bikes virtually bullet proof.

have fun with your new bike.

:rockon:

Str8 Jacket
3rd June 2006, 18:54
Umm, dude this thread is almost a year old. I wrote that bike off about 2 months after I posted this and own a KR now. WT was being sarcastic, chill out dude!

Insanity_rules
3rd June 2006, 20:55
Wow, this is an old post. Walking around in here you can even see the cobwebs!

Thought you might have gotten a new bike since I saw you last. 24 hours is a long time.

Kendog
4th June 2006, 08:55
Umm, dude this thread is almost a year old. I wrote that bike off about 2 months after I posted this and own a KR now. WT was being sarcastic, chill out dude!

I love it!! "I had to crash that Suzuki honey"! For a minute there I thought you'd traded the KR for a GN.:weird: Yeah, saw that thread header and Str8's name and thought, "Aye, Hels has bought herself an SV, wicked!!!" But alas, no. Soon aye babe.
Mrs KD

Motoracer
4th June 2006, 14:43
Congrats on your new bike!! :)

FilthyLuka
4th June 2006, 15:48
my bad. I was googling and this came up...

atleast i win the number one stupid award right! :first: